Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-25-2008, 11:28 AM   #41
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

what game? this one is over.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2008, 11:28 AM   #42
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
So, it's respectable to oppose classlessness with more classlessness?

Maybe Stackhouse (6-19 FGM-A this series) should shut the hell up and let his game do the talking...
Don't get me wrong Underdog but imo I just can't blame Stack, If I was a player and a coach says "Talk to me when you get a ring" I would completely flip out, first off Stack deserves a ring (The rigged 2006 finals), secondly Scott played with Magic, Kareem and Worthy, thirdly its highly disrespectful for a coach to be the one saying that kind of stuff. But I agree that Stack should let his game do the talking, you can't just talk all that trash and play like a scrub.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:32 AM   #43
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
Stack needs to play about 10x better, but for some reason I've always loved his trash talk. I always love having a guy like that on my side, even if he sucks.

But yeah, how bout no more 2-10 shooting nights there, Jerry?
Stack is able to pull his head out of his ass to talk trash, but he'll shove it right back up there when the game starts...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-25-2008 at 11:34 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:42 AM   #44
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Stack is able to pull his head out of his ass to talk trash, but he'll shove it right back up there when the game starts...
The thing that's disappointed me lately is, while Stack used to shoot a lot of just awful shots (contested fadeaways and what have you), lately he's been getting really, really good shots. He just can't make them.

If our starting SG can't make a WIDE open 3, we've got issues.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:18 PM   #45
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk
what game? this one is over.
dude, when'd you become so gloomy?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:34 PM   #46
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

HAVE TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:42 PM   #47
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

Avery implements kg's game plan (well, sorta), and Mavs win big!!!

And if it takes trash talking from Byron Scott to wake up Stack, I'm fine with that. Bring it, Stack!!!
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:45 PM   #48
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Here's hoping this is a Miami series, where we are Miami....win a hard fought game tonight, then blow them out next game, creating some doubt in NO home game....

Oh, well, I can dream....Mavs lose tonight again by 20...along with massive booing....
Old 04-25-2008, 12:47 PM   #49
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

if JuHo or E.J. hit the floor tonight, go ahead and turn off the t.v. or exit the building.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:48 PM   #50
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maringa
Here's hoping this is a Miami series, where we are Miami....win a hard fought game tonight, then blow them out next game, creating some doubt in NO home game....

Oh, well, I can dream....Mavs lose tonight again by 20...along with massive booing....
I doubt that Dirk is going to be granted 97 freethrows in 6 games.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:29 PM   #51
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Flight to Dallas leaves in two hours. I'm pumped! Let's f*cking do this.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 04-25-2008 at 01:29 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:29 PM   #52
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I'm getting really pumped for this game. My boss is gonna let me off early so I can at least be home by the 2nd quarter.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:33 PM   #53
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk
if JuHo or E.J. hit the floor tonight, go ahead and turn off the t.v. or exit the building.
you can be sure they will. avery is still the coach...
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:34 PM   #54
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I believe one of four things happen tonight

1. Mavs win close
2. Mavs win big
3. Hornets win close
4. Hornets win big

nothing in between
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:39 PM   #55
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say any win for the Mavs right now would be a big one.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #56
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi
I believe one of four things happen tonight

1. Mavs win close
2. Mavs win big
3. Hornets win close
4. Hornets win big

nothing in between
Surely, this man is a prophet!
Old 04-25-2008, 01:55 PM   #57
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Screw em
Old 04-25-2008, 02:34 PM   #58
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

They a capable to beat us at home. This is what makes my nervous.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:53 PM   #59
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

The Mavs are doomed!
Old 04-25-2008, 03:07 PM   #60
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

i wanna see the skull of roy tarpley!
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 03:10 PM   #61
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Just heard Avery is starting his vets tonight:

Eddie Jones at SG
Jason Kidd at PG
Devean George at SF
Dirk at PF
Juwan Howard at C (Damp is too slow!)

I'm obviously just kidding but the sad thing is that you probably had to take a deep breath for just a second.

Go Mavs!
Mavs 121-Hornets 100
Old 04-25-2008, 03:18 PM   #62
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

unfortunately not going tonight...will try for sunday.

I think they need to try to make the averages balance out more. If Dallas can contain the role players for NO and just stay at home with them, they can win this game.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:21 PM   #63
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog
Just heard Avery is starting his vets tonight:

Eddie Jones at SG
Jason Kidd at PG
Devean George at SF
Dirk at PF
Juwan Howard at C (Damp is too slow!)

I'm obviously just kidding but the sad thing is that you probably had to take a deep breath for just a second.

Go Mavs!
Mavs 121-Hornets 100
I completely 100% believed you. Seriously, I was about to throw my monitor.

I could totally see him justifying it too.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:24 PM   #64
12 Tone Melodies

12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold

Mavs--93
Wasps-89

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams
12 Tone Melodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 03:28 PM   #65
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

mavs
Old 04-25-2008, 03:28 PM   #66
fluid.forty.one

G3 DONUTS
Tasty Tidbits For Pre-Tipoff Snack
By Mike Fisher -- DB.com

Time to make the donuts. A baker’s dozen … starting with an excuse-making T-Mac imitating Sarcastic Avery:

DONUT 1: T-MAC TALKS LIKE AVERY: On Wednesday afternoon in Dallas, Avery was asked what mistakes he is responsible for as the Mavs fell behind 0-2 in their series.

“It all starts with me,’’ said Sarcastic Avery. “Whenever something goes wrong with the team -- if we're not making free throws, if we're not making layups, if we're not defending -- it's not the players. It's me.’’

Meanwhile, the tone sounds exactly what Tracy McGrady used at about the same time Wednesday to”take responsibility’’ for his Rockets’ 0-2 deficit.

Said T-Mac, mockingly: “It's my fault. It's my fault we missed free throws. It's my fault we lost both games. Blame me. It's my fault we fouled to tie the game up. That's my fault. It's my fault they get easy layups. It's my fault we're not executing well on the offensive end. It's my fault a couple people in the stands ordered Heinekens and they got Budweiser. It's my fault. I'm sorry. ... It's my fault. Everything is my fault. It's my fault. It's T-Mac's fault.’’

The Houston Chronicle didn’t pussy-foot around about T-Mac’s intent. It used words like “wink and nod’’ and “mocking.’’

I’m not pussy-footing around about Avery’s intent, either. Same thing.

And that’s where your Dallas Mavericks’ leadership is at as Game 3 approaches: Our coach is demonstrating the playoff-time maturity and responsibility usually reserved for the likes of Tracy McGrady. And to think, we were hoping he’d grow up to be Red Auerbach.

Cripes.

DONUT 2: CP3’S ANALYSIS OF US: “There's only so many different things you can do in basketball, and that's either trap or go under or go over the pick-and-roll and stuff like that. So whatever they're doing, we've adjusted to it. We had 82 regular-season games to see what different teams try, and that's what it's all about, making adjustments.’’

That’s a quote from Chris Paul. He’s not only making the Mavs look inferior physically. … He’s making them sound inferior intellectually.

DONUT 2: DEL AND PAUL: The Knicks are assembling a list of veteran assistants who could serve as the right-hand man to their new coach (presumed to be Mark Jackson). The NY Daily News mentions Del Harris prominently and Paul Westphal as an aside.

Personally, I’d rather see the Mavs fully utilize Del Harris and others rather than see the Knicks do so, wouldn’t you?

DONUT 3: ARE WE THE OLD BLAZERS?: I thought this as I scanned the mop-up crew Dallas recently sent to the floor in this series. Four backups in their 30’s, and Antoine Wright.

And it occurred to me:

Is it just me, or have the ’08 New Orleans Hornets evolved into the ‘03 Dallas Mavericks while the ’08 Dallas Mavericks have devolved into the ’03 Portland Trailblazers?

I’m not talking about the “Jail-Blazers’’ aspect of that club. I’m talking about the way it was build for a title run: free-spending, big names, reliance on cagey veterans, and finally, some whistling past the grave as they went down.

Remember that first-round series that year? The young Mavs were up but needed a dramatic Game 7 to finally put Portland away.

In the final moment, Dirk jumped up in the air and Steve Nash caught him, an unbridled celebration. Starters Eddie Najera and Raef LaFrentz had reason to celebrate, too. They’d overcome the team with the “established pieces’’ – Scottie Pippen, Rasheed Wallace, Bonzi Wells, Dale Davis, Ruben Patterson, Zach Randolph, Damon Stoudamire, Arvydas Sabonis – and moved on in the playoffs with Nick Van Exel’s “F-‘em’’ attitude.

At this moment, we are those old Blazers. And these Hornets are the young us.

DONUT 4: DIRK ON THE G3 SCENE: “You don’t want to lose at home in the playoffs, so it’s a huge game,’’ Nowitzki said on Thursday. “The only difference is in a Game 7, if you lose, you’re done. In Game 3, you’re not, but it’s going to be extremely difficult to come back from an 0-3 deficit, so you don’t want to even get yourself in that position.’’

Game 3 is Game 7-ish? I’m buying that.

More Dirk: “Hopefully, everybody is fired up tomorrow and we get the crowd involved early and a good start and we’ll be in a good shape. … We’ve got to look forward to Game 3 and let it all hang out. Have some fun out there, let the crowd carry us and hopefully get on that board and make it a series.’’

I’m buying that, too, inasmuch as fans have no choice. I mean, what are you going to do? Boo?

At the same time, I’m reminded of what Bob Ortegel has said and written on DB.com many times: That the players don’t just feed off the crowd; the crowd feeds off the players.

Maybe this can be 20,012 people pulling together?

DONUT 5: THE CHEETAH VS. THE PREY: I’ll offer this quote from an NBA-insider friend of mine without further comment: “The Mavs two best players are Dirk and Kidd. The Hornets’ most dominant player is Paul. He looks athletic – and he makes them look slow. It’s like a cheetah chasing down an ostrich.’’

DONUT 6: YOU’RE RICH!: You are rich, that is, if you somehow bet that Dallas, Phoenix, Houston and Detroit would open their series with a combined 0-7 record.

DONUT 7: YOU’RE RICH AGAIN!: That is, if you ignored the advice of Pop and many others who said the balance in the West is such that home-court advantage would be non-existent in these playoffs. Overall, home teams got off to a 13-3 start.

DONUT 8: DALLAS BASKETBALL AND DALLASBASKETBALL.COM, BOTH LOSING TO HORNETS: The Mavs are behind New Orleans. In the Hardwood Paroxysm survey to find the NBA’s top websites, DallasBasketball.com finished as the runner-up for Best in the Southwest Division, to Hornets247.

They beat us on-court. They beat us online. Dammit!

Congrats to Hornets247 and all.

Dammit.

DONUT 9: ENDURING SCOOP JACKSON: I generally attempt to avoid Scoop Jackson’s ESPN.com contributions as they border on the illiterate. This one, however, sucked me in with the assertion that the Hornets are “the most complete team left in the NBA.’’

Interesting -- though I would’ve valued it more had Scoop said so after seeing NO play 82 games, not after needing 84. But interesting – though poorly-phrased; what does he mean “left in the NBA’’? Has anybody been eliminated yet? Does he mean they are more complete than the 14 teams that are no longer playing?

So it sucked me in. … but it also sucked.

In the first few sentences, Scoop: a) uses the word “who’z’’; b) misuses the word “unassuming’’; c) misspells a word as “its self’’; unnecessarily coins the word “un-defeat’’; and tritely compares the Hornets to Barack Obama.

The editors at DB.com would never allow me to make such mistooks.

DONUT 10: GAME 3 EDGE?: Last night, the Wizards, Raptors and Rockets climbed out of 0-2 holes with victories. We shouldn’t be surprised; going into this year, teams down 0-2 in best-of-sevens went 121-83 in the third game.

I’m looking forward to seeing the Mavs – certainly experienced enough and talented enough – follow the tradition.

DONUT 11: I’M SUING THE MAVS IN SaLaD COUNTY COURT: Somebody named Jonathan Lee Riches apparently gets his kicks out of suing celebrities. His latest target is Mark Cuban, and the suit goes something like this:

"Dunking over my LIfe/Mark Cuban missle crisis on my
civil rights"

Mark Cuban is getting Nowitzki and german soldiers for the Mark Cuban missle crisis on federal inmates, me in
general. I'm in solitary confinement in Ft. Williamsburg. I have no access to proper recreation.
Defendant's bounce basketballs outside my cell all night to tease me. Nowitzki is sending me to Nuremburg trials, because I know the Mavericks bet on basketball games. Also, Mr. Cuban has secret ties with
Broadcast.com execs and Al-Jezzera TV. They plan to shoot be in Dallas because my initials are J.R. If
you spell Dallas backwards it says SaLaD. I'm not being fed right in solitary. I'm being burnt with
Cuban cigars. Dirk is a big jerk! I seek a restraining order from defendants to stop Mavericks basketball for the 2008 season.

Respectfully submitted: Jonathan Lee Riches

Well, at least Jonathan Lee Riches is doing this “respectfully.’’

DONUT 12: LARRY BROWN, FOR WHAT IT’S WORTH: He hasn’t taken the Stanford job, and his agent says he is interested in exploring both college and pro jobs. For what it’s worth.

DONUT 13: RAPPERS AND SUCKAS: Byron Scott is a ‘sucka.’ And his son is a rapper.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:29 PM   #67
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

Mavs - 87
Doodlebugs - 103
Old 04-25-2008, 03:44 PM   #68
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Mavs 105
Hornets 89

Off to the game!
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 03:58 PM   #69
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs humiliate the hair-nets tonight. 110-90
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:06 PM   #70
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

i approach this game with more a feeling of dread than excitement. maybe i'm wrong, maybe there will be basketball life after tomorrow.....regardless, i feel i'm going to the funeral of a friend i haven't seen in some time, knowing that I will see the remnants which is my friend and yet not my friend, and i'm filled with sadness that i won't see him again.

and ok, i admit that this isn't exactly a vince limbardi-esque pre-game pep talk.

crap.

go mavs. please, go mavs.

Last edited by alexamenos; 04-25-2008 at 05:12 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:37 PM   #71
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Got to suck it up tonight boys. As Dirk says, its like a game seven almost. Our backs are to the wall ... will we wilt, or will we come out swinging? Looks like Stack is setting the tone for tonight. Lets hope it turns the momentum of the series around.

GO MAVS!

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:53 PM   #72
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

The JET is on the runway ... and is starting instead of Stack ... yeah baby! GO MAVS!

Old 04-25-2008, 06:53 PM   #73
fluid.forty.one

Terry is starting. He always gives such an inspired interview haha.. I'm gonna miss him next year if he goes.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:54 PM   #74
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

GO MAVS!!!!!
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:59 PM   #75
fluid.forty.one

LETS GO

IM PUMPED

WOOO~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 04-25-2008, 07:02 PM   #76
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I hope they spank the Hornets really bad.

A close or lucky win won't cut it tonight.

We really need to do some lasting damage to their confidence.

DIRK GO 50!!!

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:02 PM   #77
fluid.forty.one

Baron picked the mavs to win. Weird.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:04 PM   #78
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”

Last edited by twelli; 04-25-2008 at 07:14 PM.
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:06 PM   #79
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

lets get it on.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:07 PM   #80
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Game ON!