Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 02-26-2001, 02:30 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I thought there was a lot of good info posted in the first bb thread a while back so I figured I'd start a new one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I know a couple of you guys (dallmav, giostar, hales, etc) work out regularly, so here's a bit of motivation:

Ronan

This guy is 17 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] and a regular on a bodybuilding forum I visit from time to time. Gawd I feel like a wimp..
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2001, 04:06 PM   #2
giostar

giostar will become famous soon enoughgiostar will become famous soon enough

Yea, Im pretty far from looking like that guy. He's only 17 though. Damn... There has to be genetics involved there. How is the workout routine working for everyone lately? Any strides or shortcomings or goals you'd like to share?
giostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 06:08 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I was sick with the flu for a couple weeks, and then went off to NYC for a few days with friends. By the time I got back to the gym, I was horribly rusty. Anyway, I'm cutting right now, and have started a new diet/routine. I weighed in at 161lbs (with warmups) last Monday, and am now at 158.5lbs. My goal is to get down to 7-8% bf during the next six weeks while also significantly increasing muscle mass. How about you giostar?
Old 02-28-2001, 10:11 AM   #4
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

hhhmmmmm......How's my workout been lately.

Well I cut down from jogging 2 miles a day to 1. It's so boring jogging. And I've also been using(DON'T LAUGH) the Ab Slide [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] . You know that little blue thingy you see on tv that rolls on the floor. It works too.

Hopefully when summer time comes I'll start doing more again.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 12:38 PM   #5
djb
Administrator

Ya know I actually have one of those too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] In fact, I had TWO until I sold one to a friend. My sis and my gf each gave one to me as a gift AT THE SAME TIME! Unfortunately I haven't been able to use it much b/c I screwed up my right forearm a few weeks back and the AbSlide just puts too much pressure on it.
Old 02-28-2001, 08:48 PM   #6
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

my roomate just got an ab slide....they are pretty cool
Old 02-28-2001, 08:49 PM   #7
Hales233
Golden Member

by the way, do you guys actually want to look like Ronan?? I sure as hell don't. It's very impressive to be that big, but it's also sick to look at.
Old 02-28-2001, 10:51 PM   #8
djb
Administrator

Yes, even though it's genetically impossible for me.
Old 02-28-2001, 10:55 PM   #9
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I think those guy's(and the girls too)that look like that are sick to look at too. It's disgusting IMO.

Old 02-28-2001, 11:52 PM   #10
Hales233
Golden Member

I get way more chicks than that Ronan punk...even though he may have bigger muscles!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I showed the picture to a few girls on my floor and they were totally grossed out by it.
Old 03-01-2001, 05:47 AM   #11
Linde

Linde is on a distinguished road

17 ?
he already looks like 30
he won't get old imo
Dying Fetus, Skinless / Neurotic DF / Devourment / FTC / Undergrind Freakfest ? / Deathfeast / Misery Index / Obscene Extreme / Dong / Mountains Of Death / NRW DF / Luha DF / Bloodshed / Grind Gütiger
Linde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2001, 12:12 PM   #12
Hales233
Golden Member

i agree, he does already look like a middle-aged man.
Old 03-01-2001, 12:25 PM   #13
djb
Administrator

Actually I really don't think he looks old at all. Just take a look at his face. He's only that dark because he had been tanning for weeks AND had applied some of that artificial tanning cream that bodybuilders put on prior to competitions.
Old 03-01-2001, 01:35 PM   #14
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Whether he's 17 or 70 he's still gross to look at.

Old 03-01-2001, 01:38 PM   #15
djb
Administrator

To me, he's only "gross" to look at because of that little bikini bottom he's wearing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2001, 06:31 PM   #16
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

This guy is very fit, but remember he has been on a cutting diet for about 8 to 15 weeks and he has no fat on his body. He normally will not look like this. He will look normal within 2 to 3 weeks of normal eating again. He will put on 20 pounds within this time.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 03:40 PM   #17
djb
Administrator

WOOHOO!!
I lost 5lbs the last two weeks and am now down to 156.5lbs! I also increased my bench by 20lbs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Another 10lbs and I'll be done cutting.
Old 03-05-2001, 03:45 PM   #18
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I've lost NO weight(thank God). 140lbs. And I'm up to 30 Ab Slides [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-05-2001, 03:49 PM   #19
djb
Administrator

How's that workin for ya? I still haven't used mine much b/c my forearm is STILL giving me probs.
Old 03-05-2001, 03:54 PM   #20
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Haven't noticed a physical difference but I'm not sore anymore [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Old 03-05-2001, 04:55 PM   #21
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

man, you guys are small... 140 lb. weaklings... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

i lost 5 pounds recently. down to 240. but i'm also 6'8", and in not bad shape, if i do say so myself.
Old 03-07-2001, 02:06 PM   #22
djb
Administrator

This is a question for our resident hulk dallmav [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I was wondering what your set routine looked like? Do you start out with the heaviest weights (after warming up) and work your way down or vice versa? Also, could you briefly tell me the difference between pyramid, reverse pyramid, and drop sets? I got a little confused after reading some posts on another board.

Here's how I do barbell curls on arms day:

45lbs x 12 (warmup)
65lbs x 6
85lbs x 6
105lbs x 3
45lbs x 12 (or until I completely exhaust my arms)

I do a split routine on arms day, so I do a set of skull crushers after each barbell set to work the tris. I perform every rep VERY slowly so that's why I don't do too many. I'm only 155lbs so please don't make fun of those weights [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2001, 06:48 PM   #23
Hales233
Golden Member

I'm stuck at 170...with the new creatine i'm using, i have gained 7 pounds so far but i cant get past 170.
Old 03-07-2001, 06:55 PM   #24
djb
Administrator

At first glance, I thought you meant you were stuck at 170lb curls [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Anyway, how much of that 7lbs is water weight? Back when I was on creatine, I gained 4lbs while loading but quickly lost it after some heavy cardio sessions. If you're having trouble gaining weight, increase your caloric intake (and carbs) and eat every 3hrs if you can. Just make sure you limit the amount of saturated fat and you should be fine. I can't wait til I'm finished cutting, so I can get back to bulking (meaning, stuffing my face!).
Old 03-07-2001, 07:01 PM   #25

right now, i'm not doing any cardio, because i'm trying to put on weight, but because of that, my abs are suffering.

i wish i could curl 170!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2001, 07:02 PM   #26
Hales233
Golden Member

me again
Old 03-08-2001, 09:46 PM   #27
djb
Administrator

<bump!> for dallmav [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2001, 03:32 PM   #28
djb
Administrator

Man I've been soo inconsistent with my workouts the last few weeks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I've only been hitting the weights 3-4 days a week (usually just 3) and playing racquetball 2-3 times a week. I cut down to ~155lbs but since getting off my thermo, I've packed on another pound or two. Stupid Xenadrine..I JUST found out it was the reason why my face was breaking out horribly the last few weeks/months (I'm not a freakin teen anymore for crying out loud!). Can't believe I didn't figure it out sooner! Oh well..all is good now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'm just yawning a lot and getting tired quickly without that eca boost.
Old 04-05-2001, 03:37 PM   #29
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

And my workout. Oh, well...it's....uhh....hhmmmmm. I don't have one anymore really.

Old 04-05-2001, 03:40 PM   #30
djb
Administrator

What, no more AbSlide?!
Old 04-05-2001, 03:44 PM   #31
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I'll get back to it someday soon.

Old 04-10-2001, 04:00 PM   #32
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

I lift for football. We concentrait on bench, squat, power-clean, and incline-press. What can ya'll do on those lifts?
Old 04-15-2001, 04:52 PM   #33
djb
Administrator

I've had some lower back problems the last few weeks so I haven't been doing any deads (stiff-leg) or squats. Just a lot of cardio to keep my lower body active. As for benching, I bench without a spotter so I never max out [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Current body weight is 155lbs, bench = 200lbs, and barbell curl = 100lbs. I use dumbbells for the incline press, and haven't maxed out yet because my gym only has weights up to 60lbs. I really should work out more at school, but I'm just too lazy. Having a gym downstairs is just too convenient!
Old 04-15-2001, 04:56 PM   #34
djb
Administrator

I've also eliminated almost all supps from my diet. I still take in 2-3 60g servings of whey protein a day, but that's only to supplement my regular meals (five meals a day). Other than that, I take a multi and 10g glutamine.
Old 04-16-2001, 09:37 PM   #35
Hales233
Golden Member

I'm down to 165 pounds now since i've gone off creatine. i've also not been eating enough because our cafeteria is starting to suck. i'll go back on creatine when school is over and get back up to 170+
Old 04-16-2001, 10:01 PM   #36
djb
Administrator

I don't plan on going back to creatine until I cut down to 7-8% bf. Food, exercise, and sleep is doin it for me right now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2001, 07:16 PM   #37
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

You guys are pretty small. I'm 200...but I can't lift hardly any lower-body because I have a compressed disk in my lower back. It's really painful and may cause me to miss our football's spring-training. We just got a new coach and it really sucks to not even be able to run. He probably thinks I'm a wuss or something.
Old 04-21-2001, 12:30 PM   #38
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Beer, red meat, and an unnaturally high level of testosterone build the body of Evilmav... I am 6-4 and a strong 235 pounds right now (I haven't seriously lifted in about 2 years, but I am probably going to start building up again (I used to be a good 255 with low body fat)...
Old 06-12-2001, 11:49 PM   #39
djb
Administrator

Just bumping this up [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] So how's the AbSlide Rob?! Oh and remember that pic I posted earlier of that teen bodybuilder? Well here's a recent shot of him. He mentioned over at another board that he was training for another competition.

leather

He looks more "normal" without that tanning cream and bikini briefs huh? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'm hoping to look half as good as that by the end of the summer!
Old 06-13-2001, 10:14 AM   #40
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

"So how's the AbSlide Rob?!"

It's non-exsistant. Haven't touched it in about 2 months. Plan on picking it up again soon, along with riding a bike. My only problem is how do you keep motivated to keep doing it? I always quit because it's too damn boring. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]