Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-17-2006, 01:39 PM   #121
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Anyone have any ideas about the cheerleaders father?
I think...and this is just a guess...that he's trying to capture these mutants and find the source of their powers.

Seriously though, someone referenced this guy removing their brains. I think that's Sylar, not this guy. I don't think they're the same guy.

But that's just my theory.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2006, 01:59 PM   #122
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Here are the many ideas I have read on the internet...

Sylar is the weird blond chicks other personality....

Sylar is Peter and Nathans father, who was described to have been depressed and suffered from delusions of grandeur....

Sylar is the Cheerleaders father

Sylar is Peter from the future, having learned how to absorb others powers and keep them

Sylar is the Mohinders father, who didnt really die

etc, etc etc BLAH BLAH.....I guess nobody really knows.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:08 PM   #123
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's the only one I had considered likely, but Mohinder mentioned last night that he identified his father's body. Doesn't make it impossible in this kind of series, but still.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 10-17-2006, 03:52 PM   #124
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Quote:
Here are the many ideas I have read on the internet...

Sylar is the weird blond chicks other personality....

Sylar is Peter and Nathans father, who was described to have been depressed and suffered from delusions of grandeur....

Sylar is the Cheerleaders father

Sylar is Peter from the future, having learned how to absorb others powers and keep them

etc, etc etc BLAH BLAH.....I guess nobody really knows.
One of the reasons why I think this show is really good... it keeps you thinking about it long after the episode has ended...
Old 10-18-2006, 09:19 AM   #125
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I totally agree with the idea that the cheerleaders dad and the black dude with him are not really bad guys...more like observers...no way either one of them is sylar.

Sylar is either the Father of the scientist or of the brothers.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:22 AM   #126
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
I totally agree with the idea that the cheerleaders dad and the black dude with him are not really bad guys...more like observers...no way either one of them is sylar.

Sylar is either the Father of the scientist or of the brothers.
Why can't he just be someone we haven't actually met yet?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-18-2006, 10:03 AM   #127
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

less dramatic. too easy?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-18-2006, 10:06 AM   #128
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
less dramatic. too easy?
The only reason I give any thought to it being the older brother is that I found the end of the last episode really weird. Were they trying to make a statement about poiticians in general by having a guy talk glowingly about his wife and kids, and then knock boots with a some girl he picked up in Vegas?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-18-2006, 10:07 AM   #129
sike
The Preacha

I don't think its the older bro at all...but I did like the line about him wanting to fly over the desert

Old 10-18-2006, 10:09 AM   #130
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

yeah sike... I took that as him knowing she has powers also. that he's in on whatever is going on....
Old 10-18-2006, 10:11 AM   #131
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
I don't think its the older bro at all...but I did like the line about him wanting to fly over the desert
Why on earth would you think it was the younger brother? That just makes no sense to me.

And U2, you think he said that line because he knew Nicki had powers? I dunno, I didn't get that at all.

Edit: I'm retarded, Sike said "father...of the brothers", not "one of the brothers". Ignore me.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 10-18-2006 at 10:12 AM.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:12 AM   #132
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

that's fine thiggy.... but when I'm right.... you know what I expect.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:16 AM   #133
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Ignore me.
I usually try...but you're just so darn cute....like a lama!

Old 10-18-2006, 10:17 AM   #134
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

two l's sike....

llama
Old 10-18-2006, 10:22 AM   #135
sike
The Preacha

uh, U2, I obviously meant this: http://www.guysen.com/dany/dalai-lama.jpg

Old 10-18-2006, 10:26 AM   #136
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

giggle.... your definition of cute is "interesting"....

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 10-18-2006 at 10:26 AM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 10:28 AM   #137
sike
The Preacha

ok...you caught me

back to Heroes...

do you think that the show wants them to eventually combine into some kind of team ala Xmen, Avengers, etc?

because this show will get old long before that ever happens.

Last edited by sike; 10-18-2006 at 10:29 AM.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:32 AM   #138
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I keep thinking that this show will have a short shelf life. We grew up reading Spiderman, Batman, etc.... so we have a vested interest in the movies.

Maybe that's what the creator is trying to do with this show, but I won't be following it most likely. I'm interested now because of the character building (and mystery involved).... but how long will that last?
Old 10-18-2006, 10:34 AM   #139
sike
The Preacha

no more than 2 seasons.

unless something terribly unforseen takes place. As in new writers and cast.

Old 10-24-2006, 08:22 AM   #140
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

comments on last night?
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:59 AM   #141
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

very good show. I'm so glad they did the marathon on sunday. I was avoiding this thread till I got caught up.

One of my favorite things about this show is that there is a definite end of the storyline in sight. I definitely don't want to get 'Lost' under a senseless pile of plotlines. And if they all come together at the last moment in some cheesey climax where they all get to use there powers together in some expectedly unexpected way to save the world - well, so be it. It'll still be cool.

As far as the mysteries, symbols, etc. I prefer to let the story tell it to me. The reveal is better than the pursuit. It's so easy for writers to lead you where they want you to go (or make something up to be a twist that goes against what you were probably guessing) that spending too much energy making sense of everything beforehand just isn't too much fun. The only thing that matter is that everything comes out of the plot as a coherent whole, and doesn't look patched together in retrospect as a bunch of disjointed devices designed to retain viewership.

That being said, there are a couple things echoing through my head that I can't wait for to be explained.

Mohinder called Sylar "patient 0" a couple of episodes ago. That suggests some kind of contagion, doesn't it? Of course, I don't expect them to stick tightly to technical jargon, but to try would be nice. (I don't think clinical depression starts off with delusions of grandeur, for instance)

And the cheerleaders pop said that they are progressing further than expected. They are at least monitoring the special people. Did they start the whole thing? If they started it all with some sort of gov. experiment, I'll be dissappointed that they spent so much time on the evolutionary thing, and used Mohinder and his pop so much. That would be a lack of coherency in the plot.

As the story goes on, I like the cheerleader's dad more and more, and Nathan Petrelli less and less.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:00 AM   #142
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
The only thing that matter is that everything comes out of the plot as a coherent whole
That's where the whole time travel thing bugs me in this show (and most time travel movies for that matter)... 'The future's already happened, but we can change it!'... still love the show though, it's pretty damn cool.

Also, the cheerleader actually wasn't in her cheerleader uniform this episode! Pretty freaking amazing.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:28 AM   #143
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Very good episode last night. I expect others will be around to discuss it after they watch it tonight on their Tivo's. I imagine the Cowboy game kept most from watching, as it did me.

It's exciting to see them starting to come together.

I agree on Nathan Putrelli, I think they're setting him up to turn evil, be a villain eventually.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-24-2006, 10:39 AM   #144
sike
The Preacha

he's obviously short on morals...and totally hatable...

Old 10-24-2006, 10:39 AM   #145
sike
The Preacha

have yet to watch the episode...

Last edited by sike; 10-24-2006 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:32 PM   #146
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Is last night's episode available anywhere? Somehow, I didn't end up with it on my Tivo.... It's set on my season pass, but.... it's just not there.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:39 PM   #147
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Aww man i thought this was a whole thread about sandwhiches haha

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:49 PM   #148
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Is last night's episode available anywhere? Somehow, I didn't end up with it on my Tivo.... It's set on my season pass, but.... it's just not there.
Here you go

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-24-2006, 09:06 PM   #149
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks jthig...I can't figure out what happened with my Tivo..I suppose I have too much porn saved on it.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:13 AM   #150
sike
The Preacha

just watched it...that episode is 10x better than any previous one...and if they can keep up that kind of quality...they might really have something!

the "dad" and his choclate mind wiping buddy are such cool characters...and we know so little about them. The cheerleader is still poorly acted, but the hiro, peter, and the artist are all quality, with Hiro being the best by far. The flying scene was pretty well done as well. Oh and I think one of the things I liked most about this episode was the lack of the prof's son and his sikekick chick...both of those characters blow.

Old 10-25-2006, 01:14 AM   #151
sike
The Preacha

one question for those who've seen the episode....so does Nicki's criminal husband have powers too??...cause that just seems too unlikely.

Old 10-25-2006, 05:38 AM   #152
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
the prof's son and his sikekick chick...both of those characters blow.
Freudian slip?

Quote:
one question for those who've seen the episode....so does Nicki's criminal husband have powers too??...cause that just seems too unlikely.
From the clips of next weeks exciting episode - looks like he does. It is pretty outlandish. Odds should be against it happening if the powers come by evolutionary mutation, right? (but I guess for evolution to work, that's gotta happen a bunch of times for every species, for every mutation that gets kept.)
Old 10-25-2006, 10:23 AM   #153
sike
The Preacha

hey...what happens next week...or what did they tell us?

Old 10-25-2006, 02:22 PM   #154
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
hey...what happens next week...or what did they tell us?
they didn't tell us much that I can remember. Nikki and the dad have a fight. It looked like she might become aware of her other persona, who might've said, "Do exactly what I tell you," to her. The dad might have come through a wall (or apppeared from being invisible) to grab someone from behind. Nikki knocks him half-way to tomorrow.
This is all from the quick-clips of next weeks exciting episode, so I might have misinterpreted everything.

I don't remember what they might've showed from the other storylines.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:30 PM   #155
sike
The Preacha

thanks UL...

I heard that Nikki and Dad's fight should be cool...

Old 10-25-2006, 03:06 PM   #156
irontoad
Golden Member

Mom with super powers + dad with super powers = kid with super powers?? Could be interesting...
Old 10-25-2006, 03:20 PM   #157
sike
The Preacha

I say kill 'em all.

Old 10-25-2006, 04:11 PM   #158
irontoad
Golden Member

You anti mutite bastard!!
Old 10-25-2006, 05:11 PM   #159
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Yup, I just don't get how so many people watch CSI:Miami. I mean, I might stop down to laugh at Caruso a little bit, but that's it. Very strange.
Little late to this topic, but I have to weigh in. CSI:Miami is such a horrendous joke of a show. I swear, it looks like it was directed/edited/etc by some high school film student who just got a new iMac and wants to use every lame technique in the book. The split screens, the wipes, the bizarre orange tint to everything...unfathomable to me how this show is beating Studio 60, which is one of the best written shows since, well, Sports Night.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 07:00 AM   #160
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi
Little late to this topic, but I have to weigh in. CSI:Miami is such a horrendous joke of a show. I swear, it looks like it was directed/edited/etc by some high school film student who just got a new iMac and wants to use every lame technique in the book. The split screens, the wipes, the bizarre orange tint to everything...unfathomable to me how this show is beating Studio 60, which is one of the best written shows since, well, Sports Night.
I think people are tired of Sorkin. He does for dialogue what CSI:Miami does for visual effects.