Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-10-2004, 05:17 PM   #1
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road
Default First Preseason Game 10/13

Ok I'm not sure if anyone has attempted to check on this or not but it looks as if the whole entire pre-season games willn't be televised. I've checked my tv guide untill November 2nd and I don't see one game that will be televised. Now although I'll be at every home game, like most of you I would like to see the games away. Those of you not in Dallas, have you seen a local listing for any of the games? Let me hear your thoughts on this and ofcourse if you know where they will be televised, sepak up!
Old 10-10-2004, 05:31 PM   #2
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road
Default RE:First Preseason Game 10/13

they usually arent televised. I remember having to liisten on the radio last year to hear the first games of Jamison/welsh/fortson and later the emplyee's first game.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 06:38 PM   #3
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I'm in Austin. I just checked to make sure, there are no preseason listed to air here.

What about radio? Is it going to be ESPN? Is it available online by any chance?
Old 10-10-2004, 07:31 PM   #4
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough
Default RE: First Preseason Game 10/13

FROM MAVS OFFICIAL WEBSITE

The Mavericks home on radio in the Metroplex is ESPN 103.3 FM (KESN). ESPN will broadcast all preseason and regular season games

Mavs games heard on ESPN Radio 103.3 FM in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex can also be heard on the following affiliate stations in the surrounding area:

KEES AM (1430 AM) -- Longview
KTBB AM (600 AM) -- Tyler
KGAS AM (1590 AM) -- Carthage
KBST AM (1490 AM) -- Big Spring
KSEY FM (94.3 FM) -- Seymour/Whichita Falls
KFYN AM (1420 AM) -- Bonham
KGAF AM (1580 AM) -- Gainsville
KSST AM (1230 AM) -- Sulphur Springs

If you can't hear Mavs broadcasts on your local affiliate listed above, please call the affiliate and direct them to call Scott Masteller at ESPN Radio 103.3 FM.

Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 07:35 PM   #5
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough

If those areas dont work for you, this is the website for ESPN 103.3 which is the Flagship for Mavs broadcasts, and it appears they have a link to ListenLive.

http://www.espn1033.com/
Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 07:41 PM   #6
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

You can listen live, however not during Mavs broadcasts. The league has a rule against it. Probably due to the NBA Audio League Pass... which you can subscribe to and listen to all NBA games via Internet stream.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:52 PM   #7
Don_Didi

Don_Didi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
You can listen live, however not during Mavs broadcasts. The league has a rule against it. Probably due to the NBA Audio League Pass... which you can subscribe to and listen to all NBA games via Internet stream.
[img]i/expressions/anim_laugh.gif[/img]

Long live the NHL. I guess I'll just have to hope that AFN broadcasts a Mavs game a tsome point during the season... and that:
1) it is broadcasted where I am (Belgium) and
2) My medium wave reception isn't crapped. Well, there you have a 50/50 chance!
Don_Didi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 12:25 AM   #8
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

The Knicks game on the 24th will be on TV on the MSG channel.

Anyone that has League Pass should catch @ Knicks and vs Kings.

Should be a good chance to catch the youngsters like Mbenga who won't play in the regular year as much.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 01:27 AM   #9
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

thanks for the info, all. guess I won't get to listen either. annoyed. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2004, 07:12 AM   #10
Don_Didi

Don_Didi is on a distinguished road

Just found out that for everyone who's frelly registered at NBA.com can listen to all pre-season games live, for free. Amen!
Don_Didi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 10:26 AM   #11
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

awww this sucks, I live in Dallas and I can't even watch the Mavs play, its crazy. I hate the radio but I guess it will have to do until we come home.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:37 PM   #12
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: The Miles
The Knicks game on the 24th will be on TV on the MSG channel.

Anyone that has League Pass should catch @ Knicks and vs Kings.

Should be a good chance to catch the youngsters like Mbenga who won't play in the regular year as much.
League pass or sportspak? I'll have League pass, which is just all the exclusive channels plus NBATV. I dont think I'll get MGS.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 05:51 PM   #13
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

http://www.nba.com/knicks/news/msgnetwork_041011.html

Anybody have MSG?

NEW YORK, October 11, 2004 -- MSG Network today announced that it would telecast 76 regular season New York Knicks games during the 2004-05 season. The MSG Network Knicks television set includes three pre-season games that are scheduled to tip-off on October 24, with a match-up against the Dallas Mavericks.

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 06:23 PM   #14
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

ummm, Im ordering it now

with satellite you can order it by the month, 5 dollars for Dishnetwork (as Multi-sport package) and 12 for Directv (as Sportspak)

edit: I guess not. It's 6 bucks for Multi-sport on dishnetwork and 5 dollars to disconnect it (total of $11.99). They are also not sure if it is Multi-sport exclusive (also covered by League pass which Im ordering) or whether it will blacked out. I guess I'll just wait and see if it gets on League pass.

Sunday, October 24th 6:00pm Dallas time. on Madison Square Garden TV

Sacramento may also be on.

Thursday, October 28th Sacremento at Dallas 7:30 Dallas time on CSN Sacramento
Old 10-11-2004, 06:49 PM   #15
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I might get MSG TV. My college is up an hour and half away from NYC.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 06:54 PM   #16
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Old 10-11-2004, 10:25 PM   #17
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

When I had MSG Knicks games were always blacked out. Not sure about preseason though.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 01:22 AM   #18
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

according to a Dish Network supervisor

the Knicks game will be blacked out on MSG outside NY state, however the game will be on NBA League Pass

the Kings game will be shown locally but will not on League Pass

The Spurs and Kings games the 26th and 28th will be nationally televised independent of NBA league pass if you have Dish Network's DISH Network HD Pak or Directv's HD package on HDNet