Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-18-2003, 07:31 PM   #1
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Hulk

Okay - I am not sure if this thread has been opened yet.

How many of you are looking forward to this movie. The projections are pretty good. I have heard about it a lot on Radio and saw some good reps on TV.

Old 06-18-2003, 07:45 PM   #2
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Hulk

i am not really looking forward to it, but i will probably go see it.
Old 06-18-2003, 10:46 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hulk

I was looking forward to it when the inital notice was made, but all these damn commercials have cooled me on the Hulk.

I'll probably go see it though.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 10:53 PM   #4
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I loved Shrek so I'll probably watch it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 12:16 AM   #5
hero = dirk

hero = dirk is on a distinguished road
Default Hulk

oh my gosh... way too many commercials! i feel like i've already seen the movie [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] but anyways, it really doesn't look that good.

Muhahahaha...
hero = dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 08:34 AM   #6
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road
Default Hulk

I think the Hulk should be pretty good. Ang Lee directing is always good news.

Eric Bana is also a good australian actor(see the movie Chopper). Definitely will be better than DareDevil.
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 07:44 PM   #7
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Hulk

Link

Old 06-20-2003, 10:34 PM   #8
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

has anyone gone to see it?
Old 06-20-2003, 10:37 PM   #9
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough
Default Hulk

The plot looks horrible.
Old 06-21-2003, 12:03 AM   #10
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I just came back from the movies. The movie was actually pretty good. He doesn't actually turn into the Hulk until like 40mins into the movies. And it's kinda long. It's almost 2 and a half hours.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 12:12 AM   #11
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

He looks too animated to me. That alone almost ruins it for me.

But, yeah, I'll probably go see it next week some time.
Old 06-21-2003, 12:45 AM   #12
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough
Default Hulk

I would rather go see a movie of Ben Wallace's life, not saying that would be bad.
Old 06-21-2003, 02:24 AM   #13
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

wow, two and a half hours? that's a lot to sit through for this kind of movie.
Old 06-21-2003, 11:35 AM   #14
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Guys the movie isn't that bad. But the most exciting part was when this guy was kicked out of the movies for consistently talking on his cell phone.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 06-21-2003, 11:46 AM   #15
mavs_afroman

mavs_afroman is on a distinguished road

The movie is that bad. I couldn't even take anymore after about an hour and a half so I don't even know how it ends. That may have been the most uneventful one and a half hours of movie I have ever seen. I don't recommend it unless you have insomnia and you don't want to take Nydol.
Old 06-21-2003, 12:04 PM   #16
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Default Hulk

I really thought this movie would be good. But from what I hear I should wait for it to come on DVD.
Old 06-21-2003, 09:04 PM   #17
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

anyone besides nash and afroman seen it? bad or not?
Old 06-22-2003, 05:28 PM   #18
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Default Hulk

Link

'Hulk' Turns Box Office Green with $63 Mln Bow
Sunday June 22 1:05 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - That's fairly Incredible.

"The Hulk" became the latest comic book hero to open at No. 1 at the North American box office, selling about $62.6 million worth of tickets in its first three days of release, its distributor, Universal Pictures, said on Sunday.

However, the opening for the jolly green giant falls far behind that of Marvel Comics stablemate "Spider-Man," which set a three-day opening record of $114.8 million last year. It also trails the most recent Marvel entry, "X2: X-Men United," which opened with $85.6 million last month. Among all films to open so far this year, "The Hulk" ranks at No. 5.

The film, reportedly budgeted at more than $150 million, was directed by Taiwanese filmmaker Ang Lee, who scored an international hit with his last project, "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon."

It stars Australian actor Eric Bana as Bruce Banner, the mild-mannered scientist who mutates into a raging green beast when he's ticked off. Jennifer Connelly, Nick Nolte and Sam Elliott co-star.

Universal Pictures, a unit of Vivendi Universal SA, partnered on the project with Marvel Studios, a unit of Marvel Enterprises Inc .

Critics were hardly enthusiastic about "The Hulk," delivering such verdicts as "humorless" comedy "Bruce Almighty" was No. 4 with $10.0 million. Their respective totals rose to $102.1 million and $210.7 million.

The crime caper "The Italian Job" was No. 5 with $7.3 million in its fourth weekend, taking its haul to $67.7 million. The film was released by Paramount Pictures, a unit of Viacom Inc .

Old 06-22-2003, 06:15 PM   #19
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

i don't think the hulk will do very well in the following weeks because most of what i have heard about it has been negative.
Old 06-23-2003, 12:13 AM   #20
Nash13
Diamond Member

You people really shouldn't rely on what other people say. One person could say a movie is really bad, and you could think that same movie is good.

~The Salesman
Old 06-23-2003, 12:35 AM   #21
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

but i only have so much money and can only go see so many movies, so i have to rely on something to decide which ones to go to.
Old 06-23-2003, 07:56 AM   #22
signoftimes

Default Hulk

Quote:
Guys the movie isn't that bad. But the most exciting part was when this guy was kicked out of the movies for consistently talking on his cell phone.
I saw the movie saturday, at cityplace and the same thing happened there.

Anyway, the movie wasn't bad, it wasn't great either. There was a level of cheese that was disappointing. I did expect more from Ang Lee.

Old 06-23-2003, 09:09 AM   #23
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Hulk was awesome. An instant classic. It's definetly more for adults than kids. The pace is a little slow for an action movie, and it is a little long.. so your average eight year old probably won't be able to sit through it without squirming. It's not Spiderman. It's much deeper and more complex. There's no obvious bad guy in an evil mask. It's more a character piece about the Hulk. Who he is, what he means, etc etc etc. A thinking man's comic book movie? I guess if there is one, this is it. Superbly directed. Lee really makes you feel like you are watching a live action comic book.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 09:46 AM   #24
signoftimes

Default Hulk

The movie reminded me too much of King Kong(beast in love with good looking girl and she's the only one who can calm him down). It wasn't horrible, but definitely could have been better. Alot of the film seemed forced, and those were the parts I didn't like.
Old 06-23-2003, 09:46 AM   #25
signoftimes

Default Hulk

Edit- Double post
Old 06-23-2003, 10:51 AM   #26
Nash13
Diamond Member

Default Hulk

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
so your average eight year old probably won't be able to sit through it without squirming.
You got that right, this little boy was snoring really loud during the movie. But you made some excellent points Ape.

And you people could sit through Spiderman, than you can sit through Hulk b/c to me, Hulk had more action seens than Spiderman.

~The Salesman
Old 06-26-2003, 07:33 AM   #27
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hulk

Hulk was awesome.

The movie looked great. Sure the Hulk was animated, but it's so much better to expect animation, and occasionally think "wow, that big giant green thing actually looks real" than it is to expect reality, and occasionally think "ugh, Neo looks like a rubber masked claymation figure right there." Every visual effect in the movie was tons better than the Goblin from Spiderman, for example. Some of the running/jumping/smashing shots actually made me giggle with glee.

Like Ape said, the story is engaging, and really pulls you in. It had that King Kong feel to it once or twice. But come on, we're comparing it to King Kong, an all time classic. Hulk has a different set up and looks so much better than the old classic could, that it's really a completely different experience.

Plus, it's got Nick Nolte running around looking just like he did in that now infamous drug induced mug shot. All the acting was top notch.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 10:34 AM   #28
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

i have been hearing good buzz about hulk recently. maybe i will go see it now.
Old 06-30-2003, 02:58 PM   #29
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i liked it, and the hulk looked great to me. a few cheesy, overly-sentimental moments, but overall, it was pretty good. my one major gripe was this:

the movie went on about 30 minutes too long. many of you will see it, think that it's over, and then it will go on. the last part should have been saved for some sort of sequel, as it was not explained very well and it seemed very rushed. as a result, the last portion was pretty strange.

MINOR SPOILER

should have ended after san fransisco.

SPOILER OVER
Old 03-13-2008, 01:11 AM   #30
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

New trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEcLISd5mZQ
Old 03-13-2008, 02:02 AM   #31
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

edward norton is the man... I'll see this for sure.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:53 AM   #32
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

http://wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=3662

It seems pretty remarkable that "The Incredible Hulk" opens in just 12 weeks, yet no one has seen any good footage or pictures or even a real damn poster. The movie cost 150 million dollars, yet Universal doesn't seem to be promoting it at all. Why would that be? Maybe because the movie has real problems right now, mostly Ed Norton, who once again is thinking he's way more talented than he really is. The fantastic website Deadline Hollywood says:

Norton and Marvel are clashing over how to cut the pic. Insiders say Norton was "promised tremendous involvement and access" after Marvel invited him into the core team to rewrite Zak Penn's script. Says one insider, "There's a lot of posturing going on between Edward's camp and Marvel over how you edit the final version." Sources also tell me that, starting last night and continuing at least throughout today, the actor will be holed up with Marvel Studios chairman David Maisel, Marvel Studios president of production Kevin Feige, and director Louis Leterrier to try to "reach an amicable resolution" to this $150+ million film feud.

Last edited by MavsX; 03-13-2008 at 08:53 AM.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:37 AM   #33
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

the trailer was fairly weak.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:02 AM   #34
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

wow. underwhelming. Tim Roth is cool. But monster v. monster and Ed Norton are disappointments.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:04 AM   #35
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Am I losing my mind?

Didn't we just have a Hulk movie?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:12 AM   #36
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

So is this "Hulk 2"?

Last edited by kg_veteran; 03-13-2008 at 11:13 AM.
kg_veteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:16 AM   #37
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

No, it's a new Hulk series. Just like Batman Begins.

I really like Norton, and I really enjoyed the trailer. They're making it darker, heavier.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:16 AM   #38
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Am I losing my mind?

Didn't we just have a Hulk movie?
Yes and it was widely considered to be horrendous. I think they see the success that can be had if they take the Batman Begins approach and are giving it another go.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:16 AM   #39
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

In the other movie he wasn't 'incredible'.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:22 AM   #40
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Yes and it was widely considered to be horrendous. I think they see the success that can be had if they take the Batman Begins approach and are giving it another go.
Its starting to come back to me...Jennifer Connally (sp?)...i think I saw it.

I will see anything connected to Ed Norton in anyway, so I'm in.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote