Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-21-2014, 10:05 PM   #3761
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
it's an absolute testament to how good Carlisle is. Last season was rough as a fan, but in hindsight, we may have been the single most overperforming team the league has had this decade.
Great post! +rep (edit: Oops, "must spread rep")

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 10-21-2014 at 10:06 PM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2014, 08:43 AM   #3762
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

I love Aminu. Great length, plays hard and he is arguably the best rebounding small forward in the whole league. On top of that he is an underrated offensive player. Too bad he can't shoot from deep otherwise he would have a very high potential.

Just turned 24 a month ago. Still, even without being a long range threat, he should not lose minutes to Jefferson and Crowder imo. Where he did play the majority of his minutes in the preseason? At SF or PF?

I didn't read the forum in the last couple weeks so I don't know where you guys stand on the Aminu vs. Crowder thing at the moment. Would love to read your thoughts on it.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 10-22-2014 at 08:48 AM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:43 AM   #3763
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

double post, sorry

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 10-22-2014 at 08:47 AM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:32 AM   #3764
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Its amazing how much more fluid the offense runs under Nelson. Its like they hardly even set up for a play. Nelson's driving and bodies are moving every which way, then the ball starts whipping around and you never know who is going to go for a shot, or who will pop wide open. Ii thought it looked good with Calderon, but Nelson's willingness to penetrate all the way to the hoop adds a whole new dimension. So does the wide variety of things that might happen when Parsons gets the ball.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:01 AM   #3765
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
Its amazing how much more fluid the offense runs under Nelson. Its like they hardly even set up for a play. Nelson's driving and bodies are moving every which way, then the ball starts whipping around and you never know who is going to go for a shot, or who will pop wide open. Ii thought it looked good with Calderon, but Nelson's willingness to penetrate all the way to the hoop adds a whole new dimension. So does the wide variety of things that might happen when Parsons gets the ball.
great post - and totally agree.

Many times Calderon was so careful with the ball that it was actually stagnating the offense, one reason his t/o ratio was so low. I have already seen how Nelson's dribble penetration has broken defenses - he might be among our closing 5 guys. Pumped for this season to begin.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:07 AM   #3766
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just happy how much Nelson is driving. Last year he shot 81% of his shots outside. Thus far in offseason it's about 58%. that extra movement helps the whole team flow and the extra spacing allowed by having Parsons/Ellis/Dirk makes it easier for him to be effective on the drive.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 03:37 PM   #3767
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

We have several guys (Ellis, Harris, Nelson, Parsons, RJ, Felton) who can penetrate this season so we should be a nightmare for most defenses.
We should be able to wear teams down and put teams away much easier than last season.

Hate to see Crowder be the odd man out with his great attitude and hard work eithic but it looks like he could end up being our 11th man this year.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:24 PM   #3768
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

Crowder may not play every night, but he will likely get some minutes when the team has to face the bigger, dominant two guards like Harden, Matthews, and Thompson.

This team can present quite different rotations depending on the opponent...which is pretty awesome.
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:24 PM   #3769
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

Double posting is pretty awesome too.

Last edited by bunkmoreland; 10-22-2014 at 05:25 PM.
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:45 PM   #3770
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkmoreland View Post
Crowder may not play every night, but he will likely get some minutes when the team has to face the bigger, dominant two guards like Harden, Matthews, and Thompson.

This team can present quite different rotations depending on the opponent...which is pretty awesome.
Yeah I hope he gets minutes because he is a coach's dream. He's put in the effort to improve and that will most certainly payoff on the court over time.

He did a pretty good job guarding Kobe if I remember correctly so I agree he will be needed in certain matchups.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:23 PM   #3771
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Between Crowder and Aminu the Mavs are very well stocked with defensive talent on the wings. Should pretty easily be the best pair of wing defenders the Mavs have had since Stevenson + younger Trix. They obviously can't be expected to combine for anything like the kind of minutes that Shawn and D-Steve were getting in the playoffs, but it's still nice to know those two are available. Hopefully the playmaking depth at PG and improved offensive play from the center position this year will make it easier for Rick to find minutes for them.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:39 PM   #3772
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

One thing I really appreciate about last team's starting lineup is that all 5 starters played at least 70% of the scheduled 82 games. That hardly ever happens. When else has that happened in Dirk's career? In 2006-07 when the Mavericks went 67-15. In his first season he is the player whom started the 5th most on the team with 24 games (48%). All other players played 70% or more.

Last year they looked like a championship caliber team when losing to the Spurs in 7, and in 2006-07 they looked like they could beat ANYONE aside from Golden State. One thing I hope for is that the starting lineup will be reliable.

If Jameer Nelson, Monta Ellis, Chandler Parsons, Dirk Nowitzki, and Tyson Chandler manage to start at least 58 games each I think we're guaranteed something special this postseason.

Last edited by NeedlesKane; 10-23-2014 at 08:11 AM.
NeedlesKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:22 PM   #3773
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure I'm not the first one to think/say this, but our squad this year is at least as talented and versatile as the championship team. Whether it can perform defensively as well as the title team did is another story, but if all of the pieces fit as they should, I really think this team should make the WCF.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:35 PM   #3774
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.mavsoutsider.com/2014/10/...n-quote-board/
Old 10-22-2014, 09:55 PM   #3775
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I can't believe that's the same guy I was so bummed out about Dallas signing a year ago... Monta Ellis has really grown on me, both as a player and as a person.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-22-2014 at 09:56 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:24 PM   #3776
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I can't believe that's the same guy I was so bummed out about Dallas signing a year ago... Monta Ellis has really grown on me, both as a player and as a person.
My response to his signing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Fuck that.

I can also very comfortably admit that I was dead wrong about Monta.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:31 PM   #3777
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
While the quotes are a good read, I wanted to see how he comes across in the actual interview - and it's really even better. Seems to love the franchise, Dirk and the competitiveness. Family being happy a big plus. Definitely see him staying.

Dallas Mavs Supporter, Berlin/Germany
Zaknaf3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 11:37 PM   #3778
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaknaf3in View Post
While the quotes are a good read, I wanted to see how he comes across in the actual interview - and it's really even better. Seems to love the franchise, Dirk and the competitiveness. Family being happy a big plus. Definitely see him staying.
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/10/22/m...lis-interview/
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 12:47 AM   #3779
Floppy

Floppy is a glorious beacon of lightFloppy is a glorious beacon of lightFloppy is a glorious beacon of lightFloppy is a glorious beacon of lightFloppy is a glorious beacon of lightFloppy is a glorious beacon of lightFloppy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post

I agree ...I think this years offense is going to run so much better with Nelson than it did with Calderon ...With Calderon I saw a lot of times where they would just leave him wide open . My theory with that was teams felt they could play off Calderon because they would have time to recover and contest his shot especially considering he wasn't a threat to drive and if you contested his shot then he probably would have just passed it away .

Nelson on the other hand will be a threat to drive while also a threat to shoot the outside shot so the team will have to guard to him by staying with him ..I also expect Nelson to at least shoot .400+ 3P% and I wouldn't doubt that he gets closer to .420-450 3P%
Floppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 11:24 AM   #3780
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

When discussing the greatness of Calderon, lets also make sure to remember how much Ellis was relied on to be a playmaker IE PG. He said it himself yesterday with Ben & Skin. Mentioned that he loved playing with Jose, but that this year (with Nelson and Co. at the PG) he wouldn't need to be in the playmaker role as often.

Jose is a better than average floor general and great shooter (!), but his playmaking was somewhat limited and his defense was far too often, atrocious.

Those not nearly the shooter than Jose is, Nelson's more well rounded game should pay dividends. (Crosses fingers)

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-23-2014, 11:24 AM   #3781
sike
The Preacha

When discussing the greatness of Calderon, lets also make sure to remember how much Ellis was relied on to be a playmaker IE PG. He said it himself yesterday with Ben & Skin. Mentioned that he loved playing with Jose, but that this year (with Nelson and Co. at the PG) he wouldn't need to be in the playmaker role as often.

Jose is a better than average floor general and great shooter (!), but his playmaking was somewhat limited and his defense was far too often, atrocious.

Though not nearly the shooter that Jose is, Nelson's more well rounded game should pay dividends. (Crosses fingers)

Last edited by sike; 10-23-2014 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:37 AM   #3782
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
My response to his signing...

I can also very comfortably admit that I was dead wrong about Monta.
Yeah, last season was pretty tasty

sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 05:41 PM   #3783
Jproxursoxoff

Jproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to behold

Anyone have a spot in their fastasy league?
Jproxursoxoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 05:41 PM   #3784
Jproxursoxoff

Jproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to behold

Anyone have a spot in their fastasy league?
Jproxursoxoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 01:52 PM   #3785
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post

Though not nearly the shooter that Jose is, Nelson's more well rounded game should pay dividends. (Crosses fingers)
One less responsibility off the table for Ellis, bodes well for the offense. Nelson being able to score from any point on the floor, opens up the lanes a bit more.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 08:11 AM   #3786
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Cutdown day -
Mavericks must cut the roster down to 15 players Saturday.
I say it will be Lamb, I.Johnson and James
Old 10-25-2014, 08:12 AM   #3787
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

Cutdown day -
Old 10-25-2014, 10:29 AM   #3788
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
Cutdown day -
Yup, you're probably right on the money on that one. I had a dream last night that it was Mekel so take that for whatever it's worth.
Old 10-25-2014, 02:26 PM   #3789
spreedom
Diamond Member

In minor but fairly unexpected news, Jared Cunningham made the Clippers' final roster.
Old 10-25-2014, 02:26 PM   #3790
spreedom
Diamond Member

In minor but fairly unexpected news, Jared Cunningham made the Clippers' final roster.
Old 10-25-2014, 03:22 PM   #3791
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

As already said, but official:

http://www.mavs.com/mavs-waive-johnson-lamb-james

Quote:
DALLAS — The Dallas Mavericks announced today they have requested waivers on center Bernard James, forward Ivan Johnson and guard Doron Lamb.

James (6-10, 235) spent the past two seasons (2012-14) in Dallas and averaged 2.1 points, 2.3 rebounds and 7.9 minutes in 76 career regular-season games (11 starts). He appeared in five preseason games for the Mavericks this year and averaged 2.6 points, 4.2 rebounds and 1.2 blocks in 12.2 minutes.

Johnson (6-8, 255) averaged 5.3 points, 2.5 rebounds and 8.9 minutes in four games (one start) for Dallas this exhibition season.

Lamb (6-4, 200) played in five preseason games for Dallas in 2014 and averaged 3.4 points in 9.3 minutes.

The Mavericks’ roster now stands at 15.

Dallas opens the 2014-15 regular season on the road against the defending NBA champion San Antonio Spurs on Tuesday, Oct. 28.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 03:22 PM   #3792
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by Kante; 10-25-2014 at 03:23 PM.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:35 PM   #3793
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

Just uploaded a Dallas Mavericks 2014-15 Preview Mix on YouTube. Check it out MFFLs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ziRrt80cqw
Old 10-25-2014, 09:36 PM   #3794
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Just uploaded a Dallas Mavericks 2014-15 Preview Mix on YouTube. Check it out MFFLs

Old 10-25-2014, 10:39 PM   #3795
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post

Great video, brotha!!

Old 10-25-2014, 11:18 PM   #3796
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:

Nice preview to the 2014-15 NBA Champs!
Old 10-26-2014, 12:08 PM   #3797
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

I am looking forward to the regular season opener against the San Antonio Spurs in 2 days. The Mavericks will be without backup point guard Raymond Felton. I think that's a good thing for the Mavs in this game in particular since Devin Harris has always proven to be so valuable in his matchups against Tony Parker.

Depth chart for game 1?

Starters are a lock-in:

PG Jameer Nelson
SG Monta Ellis
SF Chandler Parsons
PF Dirk Nowitzki
C Tyson Chandler

Backups?

PG Devin Harris, Gal Mekel
SG Devin Harris, Jae Crowder
SF Al-Farouq Aminu, Richard Jefferson
PF Al-Farouq Aminu, Chandler Parsons, Charlie Villanueva
C Brandan Wright, Greg Smith

Should they go 3 deep at PG and Center? Monta can certainly play a bunch of minutes. Does he need both Devin Harris and Jae Crowder providing backup for him? Really, Richard Jefferson can do that. Who shouldn't dress among Gal Mekel, Jae Crowder, Richard Jefferson, Charlie Villanueva, and Greg Smith? Nice problem to have!
Old 10-26-2014, 04:02 PM   #3798
Vinsanity
Golden Member

The T-Wolves are buying out JJ Barea's contract, and apparently we're interested...

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...arly-next-week

Send Mekel to the Legends and lets make it happen!
Old 10-26-2014, 04:03 PM   #3799
Vinsanity
Golden Member

The T-Wolves are buying out JJ Barea's contract, and apparently we're interested...

Old 10-26-2014, 04:15 PM   #3800
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Man, not just interested but planning signing him. Somewhat surprised.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
double post double post