Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 04-03-2002, 01:46 AM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think he can beat his record?

He hit 2 out tonight.
Old 04-03-2002, 02:10 AM   #2
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I would be surprised. You think he didn't see many pitches last year. I think this year will be worse, because he won't see a pitch from game 1 in the season (though I guess he saw 2 today). Last year it was only around midseason when everyone really started to pitch around him. I also think Kent out of the lineup is going to hurt him.

Regardless let the chase begin
Record: 73
Bonds: 2
Extrapolates to: 324

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 05:12 PM   #3
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

he's on pace to hit 324 hrs and 810 rbis this year..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2002, 05:13 PM   #4
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

if pitchers would just pitch him high and inside he would'nt send so many yard....
Old 04-03-2002, 09:11 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

he's on pace to hit 324 hrs and 810 rbis this year.....

Gosh, those numbers might get him the MVP [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

if pitchers would just pitch him high and inside he would'nt send so many yard....
Nice to see an old school rule pop up now and again. I have been saying this for years. Pitchers do not protect themselves or their teammates as much as they used to.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 09:37 PM   #6
nekked

nekked is on a distinguished road

unfortunately, if you pitch barry high and inside, that big head of his gets in the way...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2002, 09:58 PM   #7
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I don't think high and tight will do the job on Bonds, and you can pitch around him all you want, but that man will take a walk.

Old 04-03-2002, 11:10 PM   #8
BiteMeVescey

BiteMeVescey is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately, pitchers today aren't taught to pitch the high inside fastball. Guys are crowding the plate, and young pitchers are often nibbling around the corners because of the fear of the batters with metal bats.
Old 04-03-2002, 11:32 PM   #9
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Well he's still on pace for 324. He's hit another one tonight already.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 11:33 PM   #10
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

btw, I agree BMV.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 11:36 PM   #11
grbh
Platinum Member

Actually he just hit his second for the night. I believe he is still dialed in. That makes four on the season in only 14 innings.

Old 04-03-2002, 11:38 PM   #12
grbh
Platinum Member

He does need one more RBI to keep that pace alive though. Come on pick it up Barry!

Old 04-04-2002, 02:10 AM   #13
grbh
Platinum Member

Not a bad start for BB
5/7
4 Home Runs
9 RBI
5 Runs
2 Walks
OB%: .770
SL%: 2.400

Home Run Pace: 324
RBI Pace: 738
Run Pace: 410
Walk: 162

Old 04-04-2002, 02:19 AM   #14
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

He's certainly picked up where he left off last season.
Old 04-04-2002, 02:29 AM   #15
grbh
Platinum Member

Yea he has, but he needs to get those walks up if he is going to match last season [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-04-2002, 11:56 AM   #16
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

yeah he needs to pick up the walk pace if he doesn't, then he sucks.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2002, 08:29 PM   #17
Drbio
Banned

Kid- LOL

Don't worry about Bonds getting his walks. With the start he's had, pitchers will be walking him like crazy.
Old 04-05-2002, 12:30 AM   #18
grbh
Platinum Member

Not looking good for bonds tonight. He is only 1/2 with a double HBP and a Walk. His average is tumbling to about .800, and his home run extrapolation falls all the way to about 230. Hopefully he can get out of this funk soon.

Old 04-05-2002, 07:48 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

geez...he's only hit 5 homers now...that pace has dropped off like crazy. They should fine or trade him.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2002, 04:34 AM   #20
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

What is the deal with this guy? I mean, he's always hit for power but over the last 2 seasons it seems like he has it down pat. It's like he's mastered the art of hitting home runs. Sammy Sosa too for that matter.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 11:09 AM   #21
Drbio
Banned

that's a good point epitome. Some will try to blame watered-down pitching, but I just think those two guys know how to hit a baseball. nothing less.