Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-07-2003, 11:55 PM   #121
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve
Default RE: Cowboys vs. Atlanta Gameday Thread

I am not going to get on here name dropping or listing people, that's not how I do things. And I said, he didn't have to play well and would have to step up. It's that simple, I wont beat around the bush like yourself drbio. I am saying it again, QUINCY CARTER DID NOT PLAY WELL TODAY, its simple. Just read it for what it is, not what you want it to be.
Old 09-07-2003, 11:59 PM   #122
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cowboys vs. Atlanta Gameday Thread

Please do tell....how did I "beat around the bush"? I've said Carter sucks when he sucks and I've given him props on those two occassions when he played well. Read that damn gameday thread and see. You just refuse to acknowledge the facts. At least now you are starting to admit that Qshitty sucked today. baby steps I suppose.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 12:00 AM   #123
QCarFan
Golden Member

That's your opinion drbio, and hey everyones entitled to their own opinion. And stand on your own two feet please, if others dont think he is any good they can say it. You really dont have to point it out in all of your posts, just my "opinion."
Old 09-08-2003, 12:02 AM   #124
QCarFan
Golden Member

When did I say otherwise about his performance today drbio, do tell.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:07 AM   #125
Drbio
Banned

You constantly praise him...just let it go when he sucks like today. In this thread you finally give up that he played poorly but you love to qualify it by shifting blame. Why is it so hard to just say Qunicy sucked? The loss was a team loss today, but Qcrappy was horrible.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:15 AM   #126
QCarFan
Golden Member

You just proved my point, it was a teams loss. he did not play well, thats no big secret. You didnt answer the question, if it was in another thread, please point it out to me. And I will take full blame for it, and admit I was wrong. I said since post one today, that he didnt play well drbio. Its that simple, it's not shifting blame or anything like that. HE DID NOT PLAY WELL, period. i have said the same thing all day, right or wrong?
Old 09-08-2003, 12:17 AM   #127
Drbio
Banned

You did it again. Just say he played crappy. Don't qualify it. You cannot.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:26 AM   #128
QCarFan
Golden Member

I dont think he played "crappy", neither does Parcells. Hell, he didnt play good, that's no big secret. QUINCY CARTER did not play well today, it's that simple. Did he play crappy? I dont think so, and Parcells seem to think the same. I said I dont think he played crappy, he didnt play well. What else can I say? Its right there........
Old 09-08-2003, 12:28 AM   #129
Drbio
Banned

baby steps...now leave Parcells out of it. Jsut say he stunk it up. Him alone...not Parcells, not the other guys....we've already established all that.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:54 AM   #130
QCarFan
Golden Member

Im thru with it, I have stated my case.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:57 AM   #131
Drbio
Banned

weakly.
Old 09-08-2003, 02:27 AM   #132
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

Look on the bright side, next week the Boys get to be blown out on Monday Night Football.
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 08:20 AM   #133
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

carter didn't play horribly..but if he would have played mediocre football in the first half, the boys would have been up by 2 touchdowns and they would have been in complete control of the game.

key mistakes....missing a wide open tightend near the goal line...
not seeing galloway streaking down the sidelines all alone
a horrible fumble that stiffled a drive and led to an Atlanta touchdown
a horrible interception that stiffled a potential drive.

you simply cannot sustain drives when you're hitting so few of your passes..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 04:22 PM   #134
QCarFan
Golden Member

It's hard to sustaine or establish any kind of drive starting near the endzone all the time. Fumbles, Ints hapen and BOTH are definitely his fault. But both of them started 50+ yards from the D, and the D could not stop them at all. If this D is suppose to be so good, then show it. Expecting Quincy Carter to win it all, by himself will get the Cowbous 0 wins this season. I think he is good, but no where near that good.
Old 09-08-2003, 04:28 PM   #135
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Are we blaiming Carter for that missed catch by Campbell that would've been a touchdown? Yes the ball was thrown behind him but there was a reason for that. If Quincy would've thrown it ahead of him it would've been a interception. That guy was right on the side of Campbell.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 04:48 PM   #136
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Are we blaiming Carter for that missed catch by Campbell that would've been a touchdown? Yes the ball was thrown behind him but there was a reason for that. If Quincy would've thrown it ahead of him it would've been a interception. That guy was right on the side of Campbell.
Oh please....that pass was horribly thrown. Aikman and Collinsworth were all over Qspare for that craptacular throw and many others.
Old 09-08-2003, 04:51 PM   #137
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

It was a bad pass, but it should have been cought. Like I said in another thread, if you can touch it, you should catch it.
Old 09-08-2003, 04:55 PM   #138
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:
Oh please....that pass was horribly thrown. Aikman and Collinsworth were all over Qspare for that craptacular throw and many others.

The pass was bad but if he would've thrown it ahead of him it would've been picked off. The only way the pass ends up good is that if Carter hits him dead in his chest with the ball or throws it behind it. HE threw it behind him which was the right play he just threw it too far behind him.

1996-2005
Old 09-08-2003, 04:58 PM   #139
Drbio
Banned

I guess Aikman is clueless on that play then. It was nothing other than a shitty pass. Not matter how Qtard sympathizers try to spin it. It was shit.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:10 PM   #140
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
I guess Aikman is clueless on that play then. It was nothing other than a shitty pass. Not matter how Qtard sympathizers try to spin it. It was shit.

I don't blame Aikman. I saw replays of it. He only saw it 1 time and criticized it. I think he has a different input looking at it over and over.

1996-2005
Old 09-08-2003, 05:12 PM   #141
Drbio
Banned

A SuperBowl champion and several time all star correctly criticized Qspare for a crappy throw. It was horrible. He flat out threw it badly. Come on.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:18 PM   #142
QCarFan
Golden Member

I agree, if you touch it you catch it. Yes, it was a bad throw but if you can touch it you can catch it.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:35 PM   #143
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

the defensive back touched it and caught it.

and the "if you can touch it, you can catch it" argument is one that is old and too often incorrect. so if you get a fingertip on it, you should catch it?

come on, that's just stupid
Old 09-08-2003, 05:40 PM   #144
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
the defensive back touched it and caught it.

and the "if you can touch it, you can catch it" argument is one that is old and too often incorrect. so if you get a fingertip on it, you should catch it?

come on, that's just stupid

You are thinking about the interception Carter threw to I believe the same guy. We are talking about the one where Carter threw a missed touchdown behind Campbell. He got the ball with the tip of his fingers but I for one don't expect a tight end to catch that type of ball.

1996-2005
Old 09-08-2003, 05:42 PM   #145
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
A SuperBowl champion and several time all star correctly criticized Qspare for a crappy throw. It was horrible. He flat out threw it badly. Come on.

He did throw it badly. Let me ask you something Doc. Where was Quincy suppose to throw it? HE threw it behind him so I assume you wanted him to throw it in front of him. In my eyes it was either a pick off or a underthrown ball.

1996-2005
Old 09-08-2003, 05:45 PM   #146
Murphy3
Guru

thank you FFM.
i stand corrected..thought you were talking about the other pass.

and no, that pass to campbell was virtually uncatchable.

and for the record FFM, i can see that you're not one of the extremists that we're discussing here...
Old 09-08-2003, 05:50 PM   #147
QCarFan
Golden Member

His fingertips didn't touch it, his hands did.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:51 PM   #148
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

On the radio, Sham and Laufenberg blamed Carter for a terrible throw to Campbell as well.

Old 09-08-2003, 05:54 PM   #149
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
thank you FFM.
i stand corrected..thought you were talking about the other pass.

and no, that pass to campbell was virtually uncatchable.

and for the record FFM, i can see that you're not one of the extremists that we're discussing here...

No lol. I see Quincy's flaws. I understand that he has along way to go before being a starter for a NFL team and he has to start off with consistentcy. When you have over 400 total yards you should be able to put up over 13 points. Thats just ridiculous. However, I do blame Quincy somewhat for that I think he was just a piece of the problem. All I want to do is give the guy a chance. I've had enough of Quincy to be honest. If he doesn't perform well this year the experiment is over. However, this year isn't over. Quincy has alot of time to show us what he is capable of and I for one think he can do it if he just plays smart.

BTW, that throw to Campbell that you are referring to was uncatchable lol. I hope everyone sees that. But here goes my excuse lol. When Carter tried to run out of the pocket everyone including Campbell assumed Quincy would run so while Campbell is running back to block for Quincy before you know it Quincy trys to throw the football to Campbell.

3 things Quincy must not do next game:

1. Don't run out of the pocket and throw. No qb in the qb is accurate at that. Either stay in the pocket or run. He will have success doing this.

2. When throwing to tight ends throw it to there chest. There is a reason why tight ends are not wide recievers.

3. Don't be afraid. Play smart but play like you have nothing to lose. Yes you have no one to come in and take your job from you but you should play like your job is on the line which in a way it is.

1996-2005
Old 09-08-2003, 06:07 PM   #150
QCarFan
Golden Member

Well, one thing I dont agree with is he has alot to do before he becomes a starter in the NFL. He is a starter now, and he earned it. And this is the NFL, if it hits your hands catch the ball. There's plenty of tightends in the NFL that couldv'e came up with that ball. Sure it was a horrible thrown ball, but what seperates good and bad tightends is the ones who can come up with those type of plays. One who can block, catch, run after the catch, etc etc.
Old 09-08-2003, 06:10 PM   #151
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
On the radio, Sham and Laufenberg blamed Carter for a terrible throw to Campbell as well.

They also would like for Hutch to be the Cowboy's starting qb also. I take what they say with a grain of salt.

1996-2005
Old 09-08-2003, 06:19 PM   #152
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: QCarFan
Well, one thing I dont agree with is he has alot to do before he becomes a starter in the NFL. He is a starter now, and he earned it. And this is the NFL, if it hits your hands catch the ball. There's plenty of tightends in the NFL that couldv'e came up with that ball. Sure it was a horrible thrown ball, but what seperates good and bad tightends is the ones who can come up with those type of plays. One who can block, catch, run after the catch, etc etc.

Yea but his job isn't secured. Brett Favre's job is secured. He doesn't have to worry about a Chad Hutchinson taking his spot. The ball was thrown bad yes. I agree with that. However, you can't expect a Dan Campbell or a Whitten to catch those type of passes. Jeremy Shockey yes. Tony Gonzales yes. Dan Campbell no. Now yes those type of balls can be caught but I just wouldn't expect a tight end to catch those type of throws nor should Quincy.

1996-2005
Old 09-08-2003, 06:29 PM   #153
QCarFan
Golden Member

Quincys job is secured, who will take it Hutchinson? Hell, Romo has a better chance than Chad. Afterall, Romo is the 2nd string guy but Carter looked so much better than both this job is his. I don't think he has anything to worry about, as long as he stays healthy. If he is thinking like that, then he wont be starting long. You just can't worry about when your job will be taken, I don't think Parcells is that kind of coach. I could be wrong, but I dont think so. Barring injuries this job is Quincy Carters IMO. And I had thought Cambell was a pretty good tightend, I guess I was thinking of someone else. Hell, he may even make that play next game but I really cant judge him until after the season as well.
Old 09-08-2003, 07:49 PM   #154
Drbio
Banned

The pass should have been buried into Campbells chest like 99% of all other QB's would have done.

Campbell is a good TE.

So let's see....Troy Aikman, a Superbowl Champion multi-All Pro Quarterback, and Babe Laufenburg, a veteran NFL quarterback both agree that Qspare made a bad throw. But, some here want to argue it was a good pass, not a bad one. Whatever.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:55 PM   #155
QCarFan
Golden Member

name one person who said it was good drbio?
Old 09-08-2003, 08:56 PM   #156
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
The pass should have been buried into Campbells chest like 99% of all other QB's would have done.

Campbell is a good TE.

So let's see....Troy Aikman, a Superbowl Champion multi-All Pro Quarterback, and Babe Laufenburg, a veteran NFL quarterback both agree that Qspare made a bad throw. But, some here want to argue it was a good pass, not a bad one. Whatever.

Because they have played in the game makes there statement correct? I stick by what I and others think. Aikman is somewhat legit but i'd like to hear what he says today rather than what he said a second later.

1996-2005
Old 09-08-2003, 08:58 PM   #157
Drbio
Banned

FFM did earlier in his post and then changed it later to say it was probably not the case.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:01 PM   #158
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

FFM, how do you know that Laufenberg and Sham want Hutchinson to be the starter? When I heard Babe criticizing the throw, he didn't seem to have any malice in his voice. He just pointed out, rather matter-of-factly, that you have to lead a tight end in a situation like that. You can't throw it behind him and expect him to catch it.

I find it humorous that QCarFan thinks it's somehow Campbell's fault for not catching that pass. The job of a quarterback is to throw an accurate pass, not to get the ball in the general vicinity.

Old 09-08-2003, 09:01 PM   #159
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Quote:

Campbell is a good TE.

Because they have played in the game makes there statement correct? I stick by what I and others think. Aikman is somewhat legit but i'd like to hear what he says today rather than what he said a second later.

FFM- on the radio today, Aikman again ripped the throw. A funnier comment was some ESPNradio guy ripping the Cowboys for not having a decent quarterback. Sad but true. Someone else posted that Laufenburg did the same thing, but I didn't actually hear that one. Now, since they have actually played at this level, their opinion is credible. And their ability to synthesize the action as it happens is one of the things that allowed them to play in the NFL. Strike One. Strike Two. And really....saying that Aikman is "somewhat legit" is like saying Joe Montana might have been a good quarterback.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:02 PM   #160
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
you simply cannot sustain drives when you're hitting so few of your passes..
The truth.