Total: $30,454,190

New York Knicks trade:

Stephon Marbury ($16,453,125)
Kurt Thomas ($6,620,062)
Malik Rose ( $6,008,750)
Total: $29,081,937*

*=New York can take back up to $33,620,415

-Why would Dallas do this?
A lot of fans simply aren't willing to roll the dice on Devin Harris and wait it out. This is a chance to get a top 4 PG in here, a constant 20/8 guy that is 28 years old and entering his prime, just like Dirk Nowitzki. Steph runs the best pick and roll in the Eastern Conference. Steph/Kurt ran that sucker this year and Kurt had a career year, imagine what he and Nowitzki could do with it, you couldn't guard a Steph/Dirk pick and roll cause Marbury is such a great threat to score or pass, it would be money every time. I don't know, my "gut" keeps telling me that Marbury and Nowitzki is a championship duo and that the pieces we have here could surround them perfectly. Jet moves into the combo guard off the bench that he is, we know Finley will start so we should stop pretending, and it adds the backup PF/C we need with Kurt Thomas while getting a backup PF that knows his role, Malik Rose, due to backing up Duncan for years. Marquis serves as the 3rd PG.

-Why would New York do this?
If the Knicks did this they would be at $22,221,103 in two seasons, roughly half of the cap. The would have Devin Harris, Jamal Crawford, Trevor Ariza, Michael Sweetney, the 8th pick this year, the 30th pick this year (Suns 1st), and the two picks they got from the Spurs. That is a boatload of young talent with no bad contracts attached to them.

-What would our 2005/06 roster/rotation look like?

PG-Stephon Marbury | Jason Terry
SG-Michael Finley | Jerry Stackhouse
SF-Josh Howard | Marquis Daniels
PF-Dirk Nowitzki | Malik Rose
CT-Erick Dampier | Kurt Thomas | Pavel Podzkolzin | DJ Mbenga

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote