Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-07-2003, 12:55 PM   #1
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

I guess this means something is about to go down...

Anybody up for a Frenchman!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2003, 01:11 PM   #2
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Three days before his $318,000 became guaranteed. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I suppose this means Riggy is on the way, or McCloud.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 01:15 PM   #3
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Aww. I kinda liked Harrington. He is the BEST cheerleader. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2003, 01:17 PM   #4
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

got this off another site...

Our man in Italy, (!) Claudio Limardi, updates DallasBasketball.com:
Tomorrow I'll be covering what's
going to be probably the last Riguadeau Italian game. He'll play against
Partizan Belgrade here in Bologna. By the way, a couple hours ago he held a
pre-game press conference and admitted he's asking to leave. He received an
offer last week, he spoke only to Donnie Nelson. Very politely he said he
wants to go to Dallas only because the team is so good and has the chance to
compete for the NBA championship. Rigaudeau said this is probably his last
opportunity to play in the NBA and wants to give it a try. The contract is
supposed to be through the next season but he added he's looking to finish
this season and nothing else. Still, as of now, Virtus Bologna has yet to
let him free but Rigaudeau's agent is negotiating a release.

fish
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 01:27 PM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Harrington waived? What kind of crap is that? We'll never win the championship now!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2003, 01:33 PM   #6
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I liked the fact that Harrington had ups, but he was starting to turn into Mateen Cleaves on the bench jumping up and down like he has to pee.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 03:33 PM   #7
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

good move,harrington was a lousy bencher,frenchy is much better,i guess thats why he'll cost almost ten times what harrnigton' make,but i still believe its for the best.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 11:45 PM   #8
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting bit on Harrington in the DMN:

Harrington released to create roster spot

To open a spot for Rigaudeau on the roster, rookie guard Adam Harrington, who played sparingly in 13 games, was waived.

"He's worked hard for us," coach Don Nelson said. "But now he needs to go find a place to play every day."

That place may be Germany. Holger Geschwindner, the agent for Dirk Nowitzki, still leads a team in Wurzburg, Germany, and he and Harrington talked Tuesday about the 6-5 guard joining that team.

"They moved a guy to open a spot on that team for me," Harrington said. "There are some other possibilities, but that looks like the best right now."

"I'm disappointed because I loved being here, but I have missed playing," he said. "At this point, I'm only 22 and I need to play. I'll be back [in the league]."

Old 01-07-2003, 11:49 PM   #9
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

At the expense of looking like a complete moron here. Does anybody else think that Dirk at the very least had a small impact in Adam playing overseas. Those two seem to have a relationship like brothers to me for some reason. If thats the case that he has some pull like that then it is a really classy move.
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 01:38 AM   #10
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, it sounds that way to me. Aww, that's so nice of Dirk! Everyone on that team seems to really love the kid. And I'm glad he's getting an opportunity to play.

Hmm, still no word on the French dude, but everyone (re: Bradley) seems pretty sure that it's going to go down.
Old 01-08-2003, 03:43 AM   #11
TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 will become famous soon enoughTwoDeep3 will become famous soon enough

Read this on another site.

The Mavs won and won big in every game Harrinton played in.

Coincidence?

I don't think so.

Pretty funny.
Old 01-08-2003, 05:38 AM   #12
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

it goes the other way around,because we won big,we could let Harrington get some minutes,not the other way around.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 08:20 AM   #13
foufoupsych

foufoupsych is on a distinguished road

Hi, I'm a french guy and I see on french sports web sit that Rigaudeau signed a contract with the mavs. It is a 5 months contracts with an option for next season if he play well.

I am pretty much excited to see Rigaudeau in a mavs uniform ! And i am sure he will be a solid contributor off the bench, especially in the 4th quarter.

Rigaudeau is a very intelligent player, he can play PG or SG, maybe SF. His only weakness is defense. He is not very quick, but he knows very well how to defend on a zone and is still tall. So I think he can defend on a SG.

Here in france, we gonna love texas ! We are already waiting for the next Spurs / Mavs game (in February i guess ?)
foufoupsych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 10:33 AM   #14
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't be surprised if Dirk had something to do with this, but it sounds like Holger Geschwinder had a bigger hand in this.

Mavericks Notes
Ex-Mavs guard weighs options
By Art Garcia
Star-Telegram Staff Writer

DALLAS - Dirk Nowitzki's personal coach/adviser, Holger Geschwinder, took a liking to Adam Harrington, often spending extra time after Mavericks practice working with the undrafted free-agent rookie. The relationship could turn into a job for Harrington, who was waived by the Mavs on Tuesday.

Geschwinder, who visits Dallas a couple of times a season, has talked to Harrington about joining the Wurzburg X-rays, Nowitzki's former German club team. Harrington said he intends to spend the next couple of days exploring his options. He has ruled out the NBDL, the NBA's developmental league.

"I miss playing, but I learned what it takes to be a pro," Harrington said of his stint with the Mavericks. "I loved being here on a team capable of winning a championship. I'm 22 years old. A lot of people don't get this chance. I'll be back."

The Mavs waived Harrington, a 6-foot-5 guard from Auburn, before his contract became guaranteed for the season on Friday. Mavs coach Don Nelson said there is no chance of Harrington returning this season on a 10-day contract but hopes the guard considers playing on the Mavs' summer-league team.

"He's worked hard here, and we've been a tremendous benefit to him at this point," Nelson said. "Now he needs to go out and find a place to play every day."

Harrington, a long shot to make the team at the start of training camp, appeared in 13 games for the Mavs, averaging less than a point an outing.

Old 01-08-2003, 08:25 PM   #15
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I still loved it when Pinto announced "Here comes the Mavs human victory cigar - Adam Harrington".
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 09:30 PM   #16
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

<< I still loved it when Pinto announced &quot;Here comes the Mavs human victory cigar - Adam Harrington&quot;. >>

Me too. I missed that tonight.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 12:47 AM   #17
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Maybe if things don't work out in Germany, the Mavs can sign Harrington to the Maniacs. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2003, 03:42 AM   #18
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

Dude that is wrong on so many different levels But still very funny. That has got to be the ultimate kick in the face for any ex-mav towel waiver
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 04:29 AM   #19
jade

jade is on a distinguished road

<< At the expense of looking like a complete moron here. Does anybody else think that Dirk at the very least had a small impact in Adam playing overseas. Those two seem to have a relationship like brothers to me for some reason. If thats the case that he has some pull like that then it is a really classy move. >>

Adam said once in an interview that Dirk has kind of taken him under his wings as far as hanging out off the court.
Here is an article which shows that they all but especially Dirk and Steve really loved this guy.

Shooter in, Cinderella out for Mavs

Wednesday, Jan. 8
The Mavericks were not going to sign a thirty-something Frenchman without floating the idea past their German and their Canadian, and not because they had to ask Dirk Nowitzki and Steve Nash for a scouting report.
It's because the forthcoming addition of France legend Antoine Rigaudeau meant the Mavericks would have to abandon one of the season's Cinderella stories. Rookie guard Adam Harrington, Nash and Nowitzki's little buddy, was waived Tuesday to make roster room for Dallas' new signing.

Harrington logged only 37 minutes in his three-month fantasy stint, but that's 37 more than he or anyone else had reason to expect. The 6-5 guard declared for the draft after averaging just 10.1 points as an Auburn junior and seemingly had zero chance of sticking in Dallas past training camp.

Instead, Harrington somehow managed to hang on into the new year and emerge as a crowd favorite and cherished teammate.

&quot;He's the greatest,&quot; Nowitzki said. &quot;We hung out a lot, so it's sad to see him go.&quot;

Nowitzki nonetheless didn't hesitate to endorse the switch, as did Nash. Both have faced Rigaudeau in international competition and know, at this stage of the season, that Dallas couldn't have made a much more promising free-agent signing. There will be questions about Rigaudeau's ability to cope with the speed of the NBA game and simply fitting in to a new culture, but he's a 6-7 swingman who can shoot and handle. Those sort of players do well in Don Nelson's system, and the Mavs -- in spite of a sparkling 29-5 start -- have been desperate for more bench scoring.

Nash remembers Rigaudeau especially well. France ended Canada's own Cinderella run in the Sydney Olympics in the quarterfinals, leaving Nash and his countrymen one win shy of the medal round.

&quot;He was their best player on the court,&quot; Nash said.

As for Harrington, Nash added: &quot;It wasn't just me and Dirk, we all loved him. But we all understand, too. Adam is a guy we were trying to develop for the future, and this team is totally about the now.&quot;

Rigaudeau has resisted the NBA until now because of his star status overseas. It's a stance maintained to this day by Yugoslavia's Dejan Bodiroga, who was drafted by Sacramento even before they had Vlade Divac, Peja Stojakovic and Hedo Turkoglu. Rigaudeau and Bodiroga have earned many more tax-free millions there than they could have here as role players.

The Mavericks, though, offer a shot at a championship at the highest club level in the world and an atmosphere friendly to foreigners. Rigaudeau couldn't resist.

Which means Dallas is adding a shooter after Sacramento tacked on an extra scorer (Jim Jackson) last month. After the way Jackson played against Kobe Bryant on Christmas Day, we're guessing the stand-pat Lakers wouldn't have minded seeing Harrington stick.

jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 08:09 AM   #20
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i hate to lose a guy like harrington..he had a tremendous attitude. i wouldn't be surprised to see him back one day
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote