Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-09-2003, 11:10 PM   #1
AdamAMMP

AdamAMMP is on a distinguished road

heres the link

Nightmare loss

Dirk Nowitzki is still a mental wreck, a month after the Mavs' monumental fourth-quarter collapse against the Lakers. And he's not alone, either.

One Maverick said that Nowitzki is among several players already worried about the prospect of winning the West and seeing the Lakers finish eighth. That would set up a Dallas-L.A. first-round series.

"There's definitely some fear of that happening," said the Maverick. "That game still bothers Dirk, probably more than anyone else. He didn't sleep for a few days after it. And he still talks about it. He doesn't want to have to face the Lakers in the playoffs."

In the fatal fourth quarter, Nowitzki was invisible. He took only two shots, failed to score a basket in nine minutes of action and contributed only two foul shots to the Mavs' cause. As poorly as the Lakers have been doing since that night, they know they are firmly inside Nowitzki's head, if not other key Mavs as well.

"Their zone can't stop us," Shaquille O'Neal said. "If we see them in the playoffs, we'll beat them."

AdamAMMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2003, 11:50 PM   #2
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Thats just some Newyork Daily News crap.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 12:23 AM   #3
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

That is exactly what this article better be. A joke.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 01:02 AM   #4
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Sound like a bunch of quotes taken out of context and formed together to make a whole piece of shit. Yellow journalism at its finest. The Lakers and every other team in contention for a playoff spot in the west are the ones who should be fearing Dirk and the Mavs, not the other way around. I guess with the Nicks playing so terrible they have to make up news in NY city. I'm sure the Mavs respect the Lakers and other teams as well, but fear is not in their vocabulary. Especially Dirk. Dirk should have gotten the ball in the 4th against the Lakers, that's a mistake the Mavs won't make again against the defending World Chumps.
Old 01-10-2003, 01:22 AM   #5
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

Totally agree with you. It reminds me more of some reject sports writer making some crap up. The kind of guy that got canned from Cosmo because he was to hard hitting, so he jumped into the sportsworld. This guy is overflowing with sugar.
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 01:22 AM   #6
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

If this is true, this is way Dirk might be the Mavs best player but he is far from being the leader.
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 01:30 AM   #7
BrianJ

Bun see the light dude. Seriously they got you on some kind of Jedi mind trap. You can't break just because you read a soap opera column.
Old 01-10-2003, 02:06 AM   #8
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

<< Bun see the light dude. Seriously they got you on some kind of Jedi mind trap. You can't break just because you read a soap opera column. >>

Hey I hope its not true but why would the NY daily news write something like this straight out of the blue.
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 02:10 AM   #9
BrianJ

Is that a Rhetorical question? Sorry man I love the Simpsons.I take it your joking
Old 01-10-2003, 11:06 AM   #10
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<<

<< Bun see the light dude. Seriously they got you on some kind of Jedi mind trap. You can't break just because you read a soap opera column. >>

Hey I hope its not true but why would the NY daily news write something like this straight out of the blue.
>>

Luvbun: it is not straight out of the blue, it is straight out of their ass. Notice how the Maverick player being quoted in the article is never mentioned by name. If they actually talked to a Mavs player, I be it was former Mav little timmy hardaway which IMO is slightly worse than pulling it straight from your ass.
Old 01-10-2003, 11:28 AM   #11
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

He quotes &quot;A Maverick&quot;. What the fuck is that? I have never heard of an unnamed teammate giving a quote. I guarantee you he made it up.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 11:29 AM   #12
Chef Ed

Chef Ed is on a distinguished road

I don't see Dirk being scared of anyone. I would think that the Mav's want to play them again, and are counting the days before April when we play them twice in 6 days..........Paybacks are a bitch.....
Old 01-10-2003, 11:37 AM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I would anticipate a backlash on this from the team when they become aware of it. The mystery teamate is a bad plate of mushrooms this retarded writer ate before making up this article.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 12:04 PM   #14
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

One word to this article -- STUPERB.
Superbly stupid.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 12:15 PM   #15
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

<< He quotes &quot;A Maverick&quot;. What the fuck is that? I have never heard of an unnamed teammate giving a quote. I guarantee you he made it up. >>

You're exactly right. If this guy had a real story, he would quote a real person.

The New York media has plenty of time on their hands, and they seem fixated on the Mavericks (when they're not busy overvaluing the trade value of various Knicks players), so we should expect stupid stories like this to continue.

Old 01-10-2003, 12:22 PM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

as someone that has worked very closely with many of the NY sports media in articles and somesuch, ..just know that they print alot of b.s.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 12:40 PM   #17
LRB
Guru

<< as someone that has worked very closely with many of the NY sports media in articles and somesuch, ..just know that they print alot of b.s. >>

But the question is do they print much that isn't b.s.?
Old 01-10-2003, 04:01 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

the thing you'll learn about new york papers if you deal with them much is that there will be many days where NY Times, the daily news, Newsday and yada yada all have basically the exact same story.
there is no originality..and you know that with many of there writers such as vecsey, they write total shit whenever they want
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 04:05 PM   #19
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I think what Bun is referring to is why do they just make a story like this about the Mavs? Why not the Lakers actual rival the Kings? I doubt this is true but if so Dirk is even more far along being the leader of this squad then I thought.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote