Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-04-2003, 11:13 PM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mavs vs Utah Predictions

It's preseason, I know, but anything people want to see happen? Final score predictions? Player stats?

For me, I'd like to see some of the new guys get playing time. A win isn't as important as seeing how some of them will respond. Howard and Welsch mainly.

Of course, I want to see how the starting five (assuming Finley made the trip) play together. And to get a glimpse of Fortson and Raef.
Old 10-04-2003, 11:17 PM   #2
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

I'll simply predict tomorrow's mvp*:

najera

*if determined by the fans in attendance.

Old 10-04-2003, 11:21 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Mavs should win, but clearly Nellie is playing this game like a practice effort. I'm sure the minutes will be spread out.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 11:39 PM   #4
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Hasn't Nellie gone for wins the last 2 preseasons? I hope he thinks differently this time around with all the new additions.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of this...

Old 10-04-2003, 11:56 PM   #5
akaarod03

akaarod03 is on a distinguished road

are you kidding? predictions for tomorrow's preseason game? well only 24 more days left.
akaarod03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 12:06 AM   #6

Member will become famous soon enoughMember will become famous soon enough

optimistic me: mavs by 15

pessimistic me: mavs by 14
Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 12:30 AM   #7
BASKETBALL 101

BASKETBALL 101 is on a distinguished road

I could care less who wins, I just want to see my boys run up and down the court sweating![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2003, 12:45 AM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs win, but the game is close. Competition is low. Mavs score in the mid to high 90s.
97-83?

Starting Lineup
Lafrentz 23min 8pts 4rbs 1blk
Najera 26min 21pts 8rbs 1blk
Jamison 26min 14pts 4rbs
Finley 24min 6pts 2rbs
Nash 24min 4pts 4ast 1rbs

Subs
Nowitzki 20min 12pts 3rbs
Fortson 25min 5pts 5rbs
Welsch 16min 8pts 2rbs
TAW 9min 5pts 1rbs
Howard 16min 5pts 3rbs
Daniels 8min 3pts 1rbs
Best 18min 7pts 3ast

NPs
Bradley
Mills
Stefansson? (Daniels)

Edit: october 5th- Finley won't start. That will affect the rest of the roster. TAW, Daniels and Howard all have legitimate chances to start in the SG position. Every smaller player will see more playing time because of it.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 02:53 AM   #9
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I just want to see how Jamison plays.
Old 10-05-2003, 03:20 AM   #10
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I'm annoyed I don't get to see this. Najera will log huge minutes of course. I hope he does well, gives the crowd what they want. I read Finley might not be making the trip, any word on that?

Hmm. Since the Greatest O on Earth might be minus Fin & still trying to gel w/Jamison, we'll say under 100 this time. 98-90 Mavs.

I want to see a huge boards line for Fortson.
Old 10-05-2003, 11:20 AM   #11
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: Mavs vs Utah Predictions

You won't only see 20,000 Najera's fans there, but 19,000 Mavs fans as well. This is the relevant part of this game, besides the practice.

Old 10-05-2003, 12:42 PM   #12
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Quote:
are you kidding? predictions for tomorrow's preseason game?
Why not? It's better than some of the other crap floating out there to talk about.

It's not predictions so much as what we'd like to see. What we expect from the coach to the new players.
Old 10-05-2003, 12:48 PM   #13
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

much better IMHO. Better than a bunch of rumors about Mutombo who isnt coming to Dallas.
Old 10-05-2003, 01:05 PM   #14
Chiwas
Guru

The game, every game and its result, are the ultimate reason for us to be here, I suppose. The rest is just spice.

Old 10-05-2003, 01:23 PM   #15
steponhens

steponhens is on a distinguished road

Pre-season predictions are pointless.

Napolean: Whatever I feel like! God!
steponhens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 01:33 PM   #16
Chiwas
Guru

I'm wondering if the season predictions are also pointless. Normally only one or two predictions -if any- are close and the others far or totally wrong.

But maybe what's worth is the prediction about the starters, the matchups, the IL, the tactics...

...and of course...the Chalupa! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

BTW, we should consider the chalupa for this game since it's almost a home game.

Old 10-05-2003, 02:31 PM   #17
Chiwas
Guru

Certainly the mojos and jinxes are a big plus!

Old 10-05-2003, 02:52 PM   #18
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
BTW, we should consider the chalupa for this game since it's almost a home game.
except it's part of training camp.....