Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-03-2003, 04:38 PM   #1
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default Chalupas are too easy this season?

Do you think that the Mavs will hit more 100 pt games this season? Financially, does Taco Bell prefer that the Mavs don't hit 100 pts? If that is so, they might want to increase it to 110 pts or something. Sorry, just thought about this.
Old 11-03-2003, 04:41 PM   #2
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Chalupas are too easy this season?

You know how much pub they got for this chalupa promo of theirs? Moreover, with every free chalupa they give away, how many drinks and other sides are ordered with that chalupa. It's a marketing coup.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 04:42 PM   #3
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road

I think Taco Bell might sue the Golden State Warriors and Danny Ainge.
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 04:43 PM   #4
Razor

Razor is on a distinguished road

Plus how many people actually redeem their chalupa coupon?? I always kept mine but honestly, i never used one. Anyone else ever used theirs?
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 04:44 PM   #5
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: Chalupas are too easy this season?

Well so far they haven't been. We have hit the 100 point mark only once.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 04:46 PM   #6
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I mean, with the high scoring machine of the Mavs, the 100 pts will be a given every game. No more chanting of "Chalupa! Chapula!"
Old 11-03-2003, 04:48 PM   #7
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Simon2
I mean, with the high scoring machine of the Mavs, the 100 pts will be a given every game. No more chanting of "Chalupa! Chapula!"
It is really nice hearing it in the 3rd quarter though. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 04:49 PM   #8
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

I've got tons and tons of them left from my time in the band. probably have about 10 in my wallet, and i've never used one of them.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 04:52 PM   #9
Tarzan

Tarzan is on a distinguished road

We had a cold day a couple of weeks ago and I put on my jacket for the first time this year. Guess what I found in the pocket? A chalupa coupon. I will use it. I've used them before. The chalupas are not great but they taste sweet knowing they came from a Mavs victory.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:03 PM   #10
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

My dad has a drawer full of chalupa coupons. He told me at the game Saturday that all he was leaving me in his will was his drawer full of expired chalupa coupons. Nice.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 05:11 PM   #11
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Well since this only counts for home games, we've only had one opportunity to get a chalupa. so we're 1 for 1.

Old 11-03-2003, 05:19 PM   #12
Simon2
Diamond Member

This is interesting. Since a lot of people have unused Chalupa coupons, why don't we all donate these to get chalupas for some homeless people?
Old 11-03-2003, 05:23 PM   #13
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Taco Bell's reps have said this was a brilliant marketing move b/c of the other crap they sell when people redeem their coupons & the publicity. It's a great deal for both sides. Actually, it's worked so well they've started a similar promotion with the Stars--every time the Stars score 3 or more goals in a home game, everyone gets free tacos. It's actually happened at almost every home game this season so far.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:25 PM   #14
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

I've got a good idea (I think). Why not up the prize the higher the mavs score gets.

in other words:
score - prize
100 chalupa
110 burrito
120 mexican pizza
130 enchilada plate

and so on . . .
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 05:26 PM   #15
mavsfan4life

mavsfan4life is on a distinguished road

Same here Razor, I almost never use mine. The point of the coupons are to make money. Not everyone has season tickets, the ones who dont and get the coupons like Taco Bells Chalupa, and since they cant go to anymore Mavs games, they might as well buy another with a side order of fries, drinks, snacks, ect. This is raising Taco Bell's publicity, why do you think they still have the Chalupa coupons?
Old 11-03-2003, 05:33 PM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

The Rockets used to have a similar giveaway..but, i think it was 125 points and it involved Chicken, I believe

Now, before you start knocking 125, realize that they had one player that year that made the 'chicken' shot 7 times alone out of a possible 41 road games
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 06:01 PM   #17
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
The Rockets used to have a similar giveaway..but, i think it was 125 points and it involved Chicken, I believe

Now, before you start knocking 125, realize that they had one player that year that made the 'chicken' shot 7 times alone out of a possible 41 road games
Don't the Knicks have one invloving 70 points and subway token? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2003, 06:07 PM   #18
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Chalupas are too easy this season?

Why not let all fans in attendance win a prize if the Mavs keep their opponents below 80?
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 06:09 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

madape..maybe you should bump that up to 95
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 06:11 PM   #20
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Razor
Plus how many people actually redeem their chalupa coupon?? I always kept mine but honestly, i never used one. Anyone else ever used theirs?
Used two last night. And bought a coke out of guilt for not purchasing anything.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 06:11 PM   #21
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Psychedelic Fuzz
I've got tons and tons of them left from my time in the band. probably have about 10 in my wallet, and i've never used one of them.
Were you in the band at the arena?? I can't remember the name but my buddie was enamored of the singer.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 06:38 PM   #22
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

i used 'em last year. the week before they expired i had like 15 left, so i went to taco bell with my friends three days in a row to use them up. and we ordered water every time...it's a free meal! they sure aren't getting any money out of me because i don't go there unless i have a chalupa coupon, but i guess they get money out of other people...
Old 11-03-2003, 06:56 PM   #23
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
Well since this only counts for home games, we've only had one opportunity to get a chalupa. so we're 1 for 1.

I was referring to the 100 point mark which we hit against a injured Warriors team. I'm convinced the pionts will come but not immediately. I need more than 1 100 point game to even see if we can get our 104 a game average back.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 06:58 PM   #24
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:

I was referring to the 100 point mark which we hit against a injured Warriors team. I'm convinced the pionts will come but not immediately. I need more than 1 100 point game to even see if we can get our 104 a game average back.
Then tonight you shall have it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2003, 07:58 PM   #25
auffe34

auffe34 will become famous soon enough

Here in St. Lou if the Blues score 5 goals at any game, everyone gets tacos for 35 cents the following day. Those places are zoos the day after a 5 goal performance. Im sure that Taco Bell can make a taco for less than 35 cents, plus it gets everyone and their brother in the restaraunt.
auffe34 is offline   Reply With Quote