Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-13-2009, 11:48 PM   #41
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I'm proud of the fight the MAvs showed.

No such a thing as moral victories but I appreciate the in season progress

Keep in mind in November we looked like a 35 win team. Literally, we looked like a 35 win team. The early part of November at least and the 2-7 start.

Still through January we looked like a 45 win team that would be quickly dispatched by the Lakers in the 1st round or miss the playoffs.

But the improvement from February on, especially when healthy was noticeable and was a pleasant end to the season. 50 wins, 1 playoff series win. Part of the reason I'm not that upset is how bad we looked at times in the regular season, but I'm still proud Let's hope the Mavs can somehow acquire some pieces next year to reopen the championship window

Last edited by ghazi; 05-13-2009 at 11:48 PM.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2009, 12:04 AM   #42
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Good showing overall Mavs. Thanks for not quitting and making it a game midway through the 4th. Denver just hit the big shots, and without a healthy Josh and with Kidd and Terry playing like sh*t the whole postseason, we didn't really have a chance to pull.

Dirk and Josh can still carry this team as our top two scorers, and I really like what Barea and Bass bring us. Everyone else just seems like too much of a liability out on the floor. We need a little bit of a makeover. Should be an interesting offseason. God I hope Kidd is not our starting point guard next year.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:10 AM   #43
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

The team got stronger as the season went on and were a scrappy out. that denver team is pretty good I think. We still need bass, jjb and jet to grow about 5 inches. That's really what our problem is imo...a pretty short backcourt and we still don't have any kind of guy besides dirk who can get to the line consistently.

I'm not sure if josh is that (I expect not although I thought he played about as well as he has since he's been in dallas) if you consider his ankle situation.

The dirkster had a heck of a playoff run..and he lived on the blocks (I'm not sure what else you want your power forward to do). We just don't have enough penetrators and/or taller defensive guys. We are just too short in those positions.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:32 AM   #44
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

All and all, I think it was a good season. The Mavs don't have the horses to compete for a championship right now. They have the superstar, but the cast around him just isn't what you need to compete with the 3-4 elite teams.

Slamming the Spurs around like rag dolls in the first round will carry me through the offseason.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:35 AM   #45
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

and now begins the long wait for more mavericks basketball
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:40 AM   #46
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
I'm proud of the fight the MAvs showed.

No such a thing as moral victories ...
what ghazi wrote. Plus, for me I'm especially pleased with that little postseason run, as I joined you fellow Mav- fans (right after their finals-appearance) in the 2006/07 season. So this year was the first time I witnessed them having at least little success in advancing to the second round in a repectable fashion. Let's go from here.

And now I feel you guys a little more after experiencing what it's like being screwed by refs in the postseaon. I'd rather have passed on that and instead watched some more playoff games.

Other than ghazi I spot a tiny moral victory in the fact that we, unlike NO, never let up against a furious Denver-team. Mavs were always searching for a way to win, even after being down 0:3. We didn't get embarrassed, whereas the Hornets just sucked badly. I think I still hate them the most.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:55 AM   #47
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavErika View Post
Other than ghazi I spot a tiny moral victory in the fact that we, unlike NO, never let up against a furious Denver-team. Mavs were always searching for a way to win, even after being down 0:3. We didn't get embarrassed, whereas the Hornets just sucked badly. I think I still hate them the most.
This is probably a testament to jkiddo I expect. The mavs were grittier and stronger of mind than before. Also cannot discount Carlisle...He brought some real coaching chops and was able to help the team win games instead of just gripping that the team wasn't playing hard enough with his system.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-14-2009, 01:10 AM   #48
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, J Kidd's awful play is why we didn't get swept...

I know what you meant, but I had to go there.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:54 AM   #49
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Melo admits to lucky shot.

“I don’t know how he hit that shot,” Billups said.

Anthony said it was pure luck.

“Yeah, that was a spark,” Anthony said. “If I told you I knew it was going in, I’d be lying to you. That was a lucky shot. It went in. I think that shot right there sparked the momentum for us.”
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:56 AM   #50
esoteric562

esoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to all

mavs... tonight i drink for you.
esoteric562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:04 AM   #51
NugsFan

NugsFan is a jewel in the roughNugsFan is a jewel in the roughNugsFan is a jewel in the rough

That was a much better paced game then game 3. Not stopping every 3 seconds for a foul. Like you all have said, Dirk was Dirk, beastly. As a Nuggets fan its been fun watching this team grow through the playoffs, especially Melo. JR is still a knucklehead, but when he is on he is a special player.

Sorry I can't comment on who you should all keep, but obviously Dirk needs to be given the key to the city. Other then that, I don't really know.

Good series Mavs fans, good luck to you all next year!
NugsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:09 AM   #52
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

What is up with J.R Smith's antics? After every shot he makes it is like he made a buzzard beater of a game 7?
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:26 AM   #53
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Dirk & Bass... never been prouder. Warriors. You guys deserve as much credit as you can possibly get.

Josh... way to go fighting through the pain. You showed heart.

RIP Mavs. We've loved you, but if you're the same team next year I'm out.

Last edited by cinemablend; 05-14-2009 at 02:28 AM.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:35 AM   #54
NugsFan

NugsFan is a jewel in the roughNugsFan is a jewel in the roughNugsFan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
What is up with J.R Smith's antics? After every shot he makes it is like he made a buzzard beater of a game 7?
He is young and dumb... Hopefully he will snap out of that some day... He could be an allstar if he gets his head on right...
NugsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:02 AM   #55
croco

croco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura about

Well, there goes another season. This is not as bad as the last three years, but changes need to be made. There is no reason to have a veteran team if you don't have a shot to win it all and with the current roster, we clearly don't.
croco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:46 AM   #56
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

I know I got caught up in wanting to be in the WCF, but being labeled as the 9th best team in the west most of the year. Having everyone talk about or window closing and being passed in the west, and then to end up playing 5 more games then NO, Portland, Utah, and SA, and 10 more games then the Suns says alot about this team.

And lets not forget that our owner has already said he plans full well to give a green light to making changes this off season regardless of the economy, something most of the teams in the league are not doing.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:54 AM   #57
sphincs

sphincs will become famous soon enough

I think that we have played well in this P.O.! All of us knew that we had no chance to win the title but we have done all to win!
Thank to Mavericks! Good seanson
sphincs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:57 AM   #58
sphincs

sphincs will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by croco View Post
Well, there goes another season. This is not as bad as the last three years, but changes need to be made. There is no reason to have a veteran team if you don't have a shot to win it all and with the current roster, we clearly don't.
You are wrigth! Maybe same players must be changed if we want to improve this season! And I'm sure that Dirk must be ours team player also in the following years
sphincs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:08 AM   #59
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I look forward to the changes to come.

Good try Mavs.

Dirk just could not do enough to cover for the rest of the team, Jet sucked... again.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 05-14-2009 at 08:08 AM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:11 AM   #60
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'd agree except that they were down 3-0 in the first place largely because they gave up in the 4th quarters of games 1 and 2 and completely choked the last few minutes of game 3.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:25 AM   #61
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Wrong thread. Weird.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 05-14-2009 at 08:28 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:29 AM   #62
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

JET was responsible for me turning off the game last night when he allowed Jr SMith to blow past him and lob up the oop to Martin for the icing on the cake. He and Kidd just can not stay in front of their man. Jet especially.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
Old 05-14-2009, 09:44 AM   #63
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Great Season, love dirk. Hopefully, I can see dirk coming back next season.
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:53 AM   #64
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Great try guys, Im proud of you for not giving up and going out like warriors. That's how its done, see you in the 09-10 season. Get some rest.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:55 AM   #65
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan
what an appropriate profile name.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 05-14-2009 at 09:55 AM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:06 AM   #66
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Great run, Mavs. Yall served us well.

We either need to come back stronger with a championship worthy roster next season or we need to start rebuilding and trade Dirk somewhere he can win a championship.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:12 AM   #67
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
...we, unlike NO, never let up against a furious Denver-team. Mavs were always searching for a way to win, even after being down 0:3. We didn't get embarrassed, whereas the Hornets just sucked badly.
straight up
Old 05-14-2009, 10:19 AM   #68
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

If I hear one more person say trade Dirk I am going to explode. First team ALL-NBA. Really get rid of him? Sounds like a good plan. And F rebuilding. you do not win 50 games in this league without a solid team that is only a little bit from being a contender for a championship. Get a grip. What a bunch of spoiled whinny bitches we can be as fans. Somebody call a T-wolves fan and ask them how they feel about rebuilding. They will prob ask you who all is on the t-wolves now and say "I stopped caring when we lost T-Mac" For f$%ks sake did anyone watch the Denver series and see Dirk?
Old 05-14-2009, 12:18 PM   #69
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX425 View Post
If I hear one more person say trade Dirk I am going to explode. First team ALL-NBA. Really get rid of him? Sounds like a good plan. And F rebuilding. you do not win 50 games in this league without a solid team that is only a little bit from being a contender for a championship. Get a grip. What a bunch of spoiled whinny bitches we can be as fans. Somebody call a T-wolves fan and ask them how they feel about rebuilding. They will prob ask you who all is on the t-wolves now and say "I stopped caring when we lost T-Mac" For f$%ks sake did anyone watch the Denver series and see Dirk?
Dirk should be a Mav for life, just like Bird, and Magic.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:31 PM   #70
Blueprint79

Blueprint79 is on a distinguished road

Sorry guys, a solid season for sure. You can watch Rick Carlisle post game new conference here, might help wrap up the year for some.
Blueprint79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:05 PM   #71
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX425 View Post
I don't believe anyone has suggested trading Dirk because he isn't good enough. Dirk deserves to be on a championship caliber team. If it turns out that we can't provide that then we should look at options of putting him in a place where he can win and start the rebuilding process.

Also, the T-wolves situation is much better now than it would be if they held on to KG. Could you imagine that? A declining KG still stuck on a crummy team? Bad for the team and bad for the player.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 05-14-2009, 01:09 PM   #72
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
I don't believe anyone has suggested trading Dirk because he isn't good enough. Dirk deserves to be on a championship caliber team. If it turns out that we can't provide that then we should look at options of putting him in a place where he can win and start the rebuilding process.

Also, the T-wolves situation is much better now than it would be if they held on to KG. Could you imagine that? A declining KG still stuck on a crummy team? Bad for the team and bad for the player.
It probably is better...but they're going to have to hope for a lot of luck or a lot more help to get in the ballpark of where they were with him. Their prized possession torn his knee up and those are always dicey situations. Modern medicine and etc is great now, but it's still a crapshoot.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:13 PM   #73
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
I thought the nuggets toned that crap down quite a bit tonight and were the better team for it. If they go into la or the finals with that crap I hope they get their ass handed to them, because I cannot stand that posing.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:17 PM   #74
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Dirk should be a Mav for life, just like Bird, and Magic.
If he wants to be, I'm right there with ya.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:19 PM   #75
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:

I see what you are saying and have had thoughts on trading Dirk before. I have even been down on Dirks play a few times too this season when he was just launching away and playing poor defense. I may be reading too much into your post about looking at a place to put Dirk so he can win. If the Mavs were gonna move Dirk they are in business to get the most they can for him no matter where he goes. I don't believe that FO should worry about where he gets traded etc.

I agree about Minne, they will get better too. Teams won't stay bad if the owner wants to win at all cost and hires a good GM that will make moves and knows how to put a solid team together and over time continue to add the RIGHT pieces to it.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:21 PM   #76
dude1394
Guru

Quote:

I don't know man...you like this record? No thanks... I think they would again have been better off keeping him and finding away to get some help. But they are cheap.

Quote:
2006–07 32 50 .390

2007–08 22 60 .268

2008-09 24 58 .293
Old 05-14-2009, 01:31 PM   #77
jxc2095

jxc2095 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithXx View Post
eat that Kenny Smith slash the rest of you tnt/espn prickhouses
TNT is a total crap. I listened to 103.3, not the TNT TV when watching the game and did not watch the post game show.
jxc2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:31 PM   #78
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I don't know man...you like this record? No thanks... I think they would again have been better off keeping him and finding away to get some help. But they are cheap.
I don't kow if their record would be much different if you undo that trade. Then the only difference is that instead of having a crummy record with a young stud to build around you have a crummy record with an aging star who will dwindle in value.

They're young but their team is starting to round out with talent and they would be doing much better if they had drafted better with the picks they've had over the last two drafts.

I do get your point, though. The last thing I would want to do is trade Dirk and I believe we may have enough pieces to get this team back on the right track and hopefully avoid that even being an option, but if it comes down to it where we know there is no way we can get back to that championship level by putting pieces around Dirk then it may be something we have to look at doing.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:56 PM   #79
GoNugs

GoNugs is infamous around these partsGoNugs is infamous around these partsGoNugs is infamous around these parts

Um....if you guys are looking to trade Dirk we'll give you K-Mart for him.
GoNugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:23 AM   #80
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend View Post
We've loved you, but if you're the same team next year I'm out.
Sometimes I wish I could give up, but I will be back next year no matter who we put on the floor. I expect most true fans fill the same way.

How many franchises wish they had the success the Mavs have had? Where 50 win seasons are as common has the bleach in most blondes hair.

Thank you Mavs for showing true grit this year. Maybe next year we can win that all elusive dream. Just know that I will be hear cheering you on. Go Mavs!!!!
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote