Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #121
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Just stop responding to Cadbane (aka ghostofadammorrison)...the guy is a douche that pretty much pisses anyone and everyone off.

This was a team loss. The team is mediocre so far. But hey, six games, so there is still plenty of hope.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2013, 10:35 PM   #122
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
What a poorly played game by MOST of the Mavs squad.

Rick has his work cut out for him.

Unfortunately, part of that work will be finding Dirk's desire to score.
Dirk's always been an as needed scorer, and it's taking him some time to realize he needs to score on this team. I think the Laker game kinda had him thinking he could just be a flow player. This has happened before early in the year where he goes over board trying to get the new guys involved. I think his competitiveness will take over and he'll start being the focal point.
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:36 PM   #123
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Just stop responding to Cadbane (aka ghostofadammorrison)...the guy is a douche that pretty much pisses anyone and everyone off.

This was a team loss. The team is mediocre so far. But hey, six games, so there is still plenty of hope.
Read what I wrote on the bottom of page 3. I'm 100 percent sure it's CadBane. The worst idiot DM has ever seen. Completely blinded in his own world. Just a pure numbnut (sry Mods).

I've put him now on my pest list. Don't need to read his stupidity again.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 11-08-2013 at 10:38 PM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:36 PM   #124
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

And BTW, let's face it. Our offense is actually OK (despide Dirk playing like crap). We lose games with our defense. With our D we have no chance to reach the playoffs. Period.

Teams are too talented and too athletic. Even the bad teams are loaded at PG and/or C right now. There are lots of young and athletic players.

Last edited by markus1234; 11-08-2013 at 10:37 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #125
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk just doesn't seem to have much intensity. That doesn't bode well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2013, 10:41 PM   #126
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Dirks getting old. Got a child to take care of now, married, and looking retirement dead in the eye (based on his play thus far)
Old 11-08-2013, 10:42 PM   #127
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
And BTW, let's face it. Our offense is actually OK (despide Dirk playing like crap). We lose games with our defense. With our D we have no chance to reach the playoffs. Period.

Teams are too talented and too athletic. Even the bad teams are loaded at PG and/or C right now. There are lots of young and athletic players.
Good point about our offense actually being okay. Our defense was bad and Minny is actually a very good offensive team, and they played well.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:43 PM   #128
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Adam Morrison died? That sux. RIP, little buddy.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:45 PM   #129
Popeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Dirks getting old. Got a child to take care of now, married, and looking retirement dead in the eye (based on his play thus far)
I think everybody's jumping to conclusions based on early season games where he's playing with 9 new teammates.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #130
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

I think it would be wise if we all would give this team more time before we start jumping to conclusions. Dirk has always been, foremost, a team player. He has something like 9 new teammates. This game was very close until the last minute or so. Dirk and the Mavs are still trying to find out who they are and what works best.

In 2011, Dirk knew he was option 1a, b and c. Right now, he, Carlisle, and the rest of the team are just trying to figure out what is what. I pretty much like what I see with this mix of talent. I think when this group develops some chemistry -- with perhaps a tweak or two before the trade deadline -- they could cause some problems for some of the best teams in the league.

I guess I don't see what most are seeing as far as drop off for Dirk. Maybe I'm a homer, but the guy looks to be moving fine to me. I just think he is by nature a player that allows the pecking order of a team to develop naturally. By the end of the season, I'm pretty sure he'll be back to being at least option 1a and 1b when it comes to crunch time.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:51 PM   #131
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

I hate how I always find myself saying this after a loss, but the refs completely ruined the game. I counted 6 different times when Ellis drove to the basket, got hacked, and there was no call. Also when Crowder got that offensive rebound and got elbowed in the face, and there was no call. It looked like he was spitting up blood after that play. We had ZERO free throw attempts in the second half, which says it all. Every game nowadays it seems like the home team gets a huge advantage with the calls... And what a coincidence, the Mavs are 3-0 at home and 0-3 on the road this season. I think these refs are scared to call fouls on the home team because they don't want to get booed. If the officiating was even remotely equal in this game, I say we easily win.
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:54 PM   #132
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Dou you think we will get much better as the season progresses ?

I doubt it.

IMO one should not forget that right now players are excited to play with each other. There is kind of a honeymoon period right now. Last season it was the same. We played our best basketball very early in the season....and in April when Dirk was 100%.

But this season the longer it goeas the older Dirk, Marion and Carter will be. I do not expect them to play that much better in April. It is what it is. Once they realize how bad we are, Dalembert, Blair, Carter and co. may even check out completely and think about next season already.

Right now Dirk, Duncan, Garnett, Gasol, Pierce and co are looking really like a "past" generation. For Dirk it is actually a little bit too early.

Last edited by markus1234; 11-08-2013 at 11:05 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:06 PM   #133
GhostOfAdamMorrison
Banned

GhostOfAdamMorrison will become famous soon enoughGhostOfAdamMorrison will become famous soon enough

I'm just curious why everyone seems to be furious over Dirk, yet seem to have no issue with our starting SG scoring 23 points on 24 shots? Curious.

And did someone really try and fault a 35 year-old Dirk for not matching a prime Kevin Love?

You people really need a reality check. Dirk isn't going to score 25 PPG. He isn't going to take 20 shots a game. He is going to spread the floor and give guys easy looks off of the PnR and his spacing. He is going to score at an efficient clip. He's doing a great job at both things. You want more? Tough. You're not going to get it. I would like to see him put up a few more shots, but part of that is on the coaching staff. They really aren't drawing up plays for him.

The biggest problem with this team is the defense.

Last edited by GhostOfAdamMorrison; 11-08-2013 at 11:09 PM.
GhostOfAdamMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:27 PM   #134
Samurai

Samurai is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
Dirk's always been an as needed scorer, and it's taking him some time to realize he needs to score on this team. I think the Laker game kinda had him thinking he could just be a flow player. This has happened before early in the year where he goes over board trying to get the new guys involved. I think his competitiveness will take over and he'll start being the focal point.
I see it more as an experiment. Give Ellis the chance prove that the team can win with with him as the go to guy. (Does Dallas have any choice?) When that fails, attempt to use him in a complementary role. (As if there is much of a chance of THAT working out.)
Old 11-09-2013, 12:24 AM   #135
Aggie E

Aggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of light

Devin Harris might help with the defense. Also would be another guy that can get to the basket
Aggie E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:45 AM   #136
some1nw
Golden Member

some1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to all

after all, devin harris have it all
Old 11-09-2013, 12:50 AM   #137
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
I think everybody's jumping to conclusions based on early season games where he's playing with 9 new teammates.
I am most definitely jumping to conclusions way too early, but it was such a long offseason, and Im ready for some winning again :/. I just want to see growth, winning is still important though.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:04 AM   #138
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Well.. Calderon looks to have gotten his role at shooting threes more.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:46 AM   #139
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

ok guys a loss it's a loss...but we were without vince,wright and harris and the refs in the second half were in home version.

we need time,of course,i think that we could wait 2-3 months for judge this team...trust in rick
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:12 AM   #140
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Euroball only works in Europe. Especially doesn't help that they like to sign old euroball players.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:22 AM   #141
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

24 shots is just too much for Ellis, when he is not hot or whatever. There was a rushed three early in the clock and two drives to the basket where he neded to find the open man but decided to try his luck (Just 3 bad shots off the top of my head). Hopefully RC can get "into" him, but i trust him in that department.

It looked like a night when most of the guys did not have "it" (Dalembert e.g.).
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #142
Aggie E

Aggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffViggiano View Post
ok guys a loss it's a loss...but we were without vince,wright and harris and the refs in the second half were in home version.

we need time,of course,i think that we could wait 2-3 months for judge this team...trust in rick
Excuses are like butt-holes. Not sure why Wright or Carter would have changed much.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #143
Aggie E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
24 shots is just too much for Ellis, when he is not hot or whatever. There was a rushed three early in the clock and two drives to the basket where he neded to find the open man but decided to try his luck (Just 3 bad shots off the top of my head). Hopefully RC can get "into" him, but i trust him in that department.

It looked like a night when most of the guys did not have "it" (Dalembert e.g.).
The blame Ellis deal on this board is funny. He was being aggressive and not getting calls. The defense from the entire team was the problem.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #144
GhostOfAdamMorrison
Banned

GhostOfAdamMorrison will become famous soon enoughGhostOfAdamMorrison will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie E View Post
The blame Ellis deal on this board is funny. He was being aggressive and not getting calls. The defense from the entire team was the problem.
You've got to be joking. You've got almost everyone (yourself included) calling out Dirk when he has an efficient game (not last night, but against OKC), and Ellis has been getting a complete pass for his chucking and turnovers, and you find blaming Ellis funny? No, THAT is funny...

Ellis is now averaging 4.2 turnovers per game. That number needs to get down to 3. His .583% TS is a career high...but it's rapidly decreasing. He's taking 17.5 shots a game. Guess what? That's identical to his FGA in Mill. where he claims he *had* to chuck. What's the excuse here?
Old 11-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #145
sig

sig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the rough

So this team has lost to 3 good teams on the road and the sky is falling. Let's see if they can beat a bad team on the road. Unfortunately, it is a back to back but they should be able to take care of business. Anyway, this team looks like a 7-8-9 seed as most were predicting.

Look out!! Anthony Davis is superstar and The Pelicans are coming, The Pelican are coming.
sig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #146
GhostOfAdamMorrison
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sig View Post
So this team has lost to 3 good teams on the road and the sky is falling. Let's see if they can beat a bad team on the road. Unfortunately, it is a back to back but they should be able to take care of business. Anyway, this team looks like a 7-8-9 seed as most were predicting.

Look out!! Anthony Davis is superstar and The Pelicans are coming, The Pelican are coming.
The Pelicans goofed up by jumping the gun and trading for an overrated, mediocre PG in Holiday and wasting cash on players like Evans and Gordon. Anthony Davis is a future MVP. They should have re-built instead of being a treadmill team.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #147
GhostOfAdamMorrison
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie E View Post
Nowitzki is kinda of a meh player at this point. Love is 3x the player nowadays
BUMP. Yeah, kinda "meh" player. Btw, he has a 5% higher TS% than Love right now. Someone ban this fraud.