Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-11-2005, 12:01 AM   #161
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Texas Longhorns - Road to the National Championship Thread!

Oh we have athletic receivers and Hodges is much MUCH better than Cumby, but the D is better this year than last year and we still got blown out last year. We could always get lucky but they are more talented than we are. Any Leach coached team has a chance because he isnt afraid to do something that no one thinks of but Chizik is equally as good at defensive game planning and texas has more 'horses' than we do. We will all get together here and watch the game and we will all hope that we win but this Texas team is different. The only team that I see giving them any kind of a problem would be USC. That game will be great if it gets to be played.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2005, 12:29 AM   #162
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: Five-ofan
Oh we have athletic receivers and Hodges is much MUCH better than Cumby, but the D is better this year than last year and we still got blown out last year. We could always get lucky but they are more talented than we are. Any Leach coached team has a chance because he isnt afraid to do something that no one thinks of but Chizik is equally as good at defensive game planning and texas has more 'horses' than we do. We will all get together here and watch the game and we will all hope that we win but this Texas team is different. The only team that I see giving them any kind of a problem would be USC. That game will be great if it gets to be played.
I agree Texas is stout. Chizik has them flying to the ball and Greg Davis' offense has looked completely different than the predictable horns of the past few years.

BUT Texas can beat themselves. As Murph has clearly pointed out, VY has yet to look crisp and unfazed behind center. The fumbles are a significant problem, and will, if unchecked, cost the horns a conference game. Baylor in Waco? A&M at Kyle Field? It could happen folks.

Lets see how these guys play with Xs on their backs. As Mack so clearly put it today, "We control our own destiny."

Old 10-11-2005, 01:09 AM   #163
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future
Default RE: Texas Longhorns - Road to the National Championship Thread!

This forum error stuff is really pissing me off.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:13 AM   #164
capitalcity
Diamond Member

while were getting way ahead of ourselves...

COMMENTARY: KIRK BOHLS
Here's how Texas could miss the Rose Bowl ...

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Here's a projection that could strike fear in the hearts of Longhorn fans everywhere: Texas vs. Connecticut in the Fiesta Bowl.

Would ABC even bother to televise that game? Or would it be pre-empted by something more watchable like, say, the Rose Bowl parade?

It's never too early to look ahead because there are all sorts of ways Texas could be denied its rightful spot — that's rightful, as of Oct. 11 — in the Bowl Championship Series title game in Pasadena. Everything from a Texas loss to a backlash against Mack Brown to illogical computers could prevent the Longhorns from returning to California to play on Jan. 4.

If you don't believe me, check out the latest BCS projections on the Web site of college football's resident computer guru, Jerry Palm. Four computers rank Texas as the No. 8 team in the country. Four! Of course, the Wolfe rankings — one of the six computer jobs that provide a total of one-third of the BCS standings — haven't been tabulated yet. Only the Billingsley poll has Texas higher, and even then it's only No. 4.

Southern California, the team nearly everyone considers the best team in college football, is ranked No. 6 by Colley and No. 5 by Massey. And we're supposed to take this stuff seriously?

Unranked to start the season, Penn State has zoomed into the Top 10 of every poll and appears to be a credible team. Three BCS computers have the Nittany Lions No. 1.

Texas needs to not only win but win impressively. Sorry, Matt Nordgren. UT needs the style points with some lopsided victories.

"I don't care about winning big," defensive tackle Rod Wright said Monday. "I just care about winning so we can dominate everybody we play because we're a dominating team. But that's for us. It's not for the AP poll, the BCS or anyone else."

Texas might be resorted to praying for a split national championship, much like USC did in 2003. If Mack Brown's bunch does land in Tempe, Ariz., he'd better hope they see Georgia or Penn State across the field rather than some Big East fraud.

There are any number of ways the Longhorns could get the bad end of the deal and miss the Rose Bowl:
A loss to Colorado this weekend or Texas Tech next week could do the trick.

More likely, Texas could be done in by an unbeaten Virginia Tech playing in that Atlantic Coast Conference, college football's best league in 2005.

An undefeated Florida State could emerge from that brawling ACC as well, to squeeze the Longhorns out of the Rose Bowl, although the guess here is the league is so strong that no team will survive unscathed.

Or a strong Georgia team could run the table and run its way into Pasadena. The bet here is the Horns fight with the Bulldogs for the second Rose Bowl spot opposite USC. Surely, the BCS wouldn't rob the Southeastern Conference two straight years and make Georgia this year's Auburn, would it?

Maybe JoePa could see a perfect season in Happy Valley and announce — sniff, sniff — that he will retire if only his Nittany Lions could be allowed to play USC. That would be a triple-hanky press conference. Who'd want to be the grinch that stole a sentimental happy ending from Paterno? But I'm thinking Penn States will lose at Michigan this weekend.

You want more?

Still ticked off about last year's snub, once-beaten Cal might hold a political rally on its Berkeley campus and burn the Texas state flag if it beats USC and wins the rest. They do that sort of thing out there. Gov. Arnold might challenge our Gov. Hair to arm-wrestle, winner goes to the Rose Bowl.

Texas could also be hurt by the company it keeps. The Big 12 is so down, Texas A&M is probably inquiring about hotel availability in Shreveport in late December. Oklahoma has three losses, and it would be just like Bob Stoops to tank the season to keep Texas out of the Rose Bowl. (Of course, he might tank the year without trying if Adrian Peterson doesn't mend in a hurry.)

And if Texas beats Colorado and Tech, those two might drop out of the polls. It is distinctly possible the Longhorns could be the Big 12's only ranked team by season's end.

Even that classic UT victory over Ohio State looks less impressive after the Buckeyes fell to Penn State. And even if Jim Tressel's team rallies to finish 9-2, critics will snipe that Texas' win was so long ago.

And if any of this transpires, how will the Longhorns feel?

"I guess we'd feel like Auburn did last year," linebacker Aaron Harris said. "I guess I'd call them and ask them how they felt."

Or he could just ask Texas' Gene Chizik, Auburn's defensive coordinator last season. He knows how empty a 13-0 record can seem.
AA-Statesman
Old 10-11-2005, 09:47 AM   #165
yukmunky

yukmunky is on a distinguished road

I'm not so sure that the Horns D this year is actually any better than last year. I think people expected them to be worse and when they turned out to be just as good people are now saying they are better. The level of offensive play they have faced so far is somewhat questionable. The best offense they played so far has been Missouri. They rank #16 in points scored while the rest of the Horns opponents rank 68, 76, 87, and 100 in points scored. I thought Mizzou showed some holes in the Horns D by spreading the ball around, but Brad Smith is not a good enough passer to consistently exploit that. The Horns were brilliant at shutting down Ginn and Holmes vs. Ohio State, but stopping 4 or 5 good receivers is much different. You can't double Tech's receivers, you must have 4 or 5 guys in your secondary making correct reads each and every down.

yukmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:11 AM   #166
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

All national media and anyone else, repeat after me, The ACC is NOT the best conference in america. The pac 10 is. Also if a one loss tech team isnt in the polls their will be alot of pissed off people. A one loss tech team would be ranked behin 3 3 loss ACC teams? All the ranked ACC teams except 2 already have losses and have to play each other so Im gonna go out on a limb and say that the big 12 ends up with as many ranked teams as they do. That would be 3. The ACC will have VT, FSU, and Miami. The big 12 will have UT Tech, and Colorado. Yes they will leave this polls this weekend but they will get back before the year is over. OU might tank to hurt UT? What an idiot. Penn state wont go undefeated but if they do the Big 10 is as bad as the big 12.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:11 AM   #167
Five-ofan
Guru

All national media and anyone else, repeat after me, The ACC is NOT the best conference in america. The pac 10 is. Also if a one loss tech team isnt in the polls their will be alot of pissed off people. A one loss tech team would be ranked behin 3 3 loss ACC teams? All the ranked ACC teams except 2 already have losses and have to play each other so Im gonna go out on a limb and say that the big 12 ends up with as many ranked teams as they do. That would be 3. The ACC will have VT, FSU, and Miami. The big 12 will have UT Tech, and Colorado. Yes they will leave this polls this weekend but they will get back before the year is over. OU might tank to hurt UT? What an idiot. Penn state wont go undefeated but if they do the Big 10 is as bad as the big 12.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:27 PM   #168
Five-ofan
Guru

Found this on an Espn message board thread. UT fans might want to check it out. Its not great quality but DAMN.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...&q=vince+young
another site with some VY highlights, longer but mostly the same andyou have to download and you have to have media player. http://www.jcdenton40.com/VinceYoung.html
BTW the second play on the first link is the play that Dirno was talking about when he mentioned the td pass to benson on a similar play to the interception against OSU. There is one other play like that on the highlights but I dont remember who its against. The run against Mizzou may be the best play on that whole thing. Thats just incredible. Go Here Right click on that link and save target as if you want to see Vince's 04 highlights. Again not the greatest quality but they are ok and just reminds you what a beast he is. its about 6 minutes long.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:03 PM   #169
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Thank goodness Ohio State (that was close) and Tech won today..

did u guys catch the USC vs ND game, wow

the more I watch USC, the more I appreciate Reggie Bush. I truly believe he is the best player in the country definitely the most dynamic, I would put Vince Young right under him if not next to him..

Vince Young
25-29, 338 yds 2 TDs
10 Rush, 59 yds, 3 TDs

25-29???

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 10:37 AM   #170
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Also no int's for VY and 5TD's while setting a school record for the highest completion percentage (breaking his own record from last years comeback win vs. OSU).
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 11:28 AM   #171
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

For one of the few times in his career, VY looked like a guy that could play QB at the next level. He was the best player in college football yesterday. If Mack Brown would have chosen to keep the pedal to the metal, VY could have had 500+ yards with 4 passing TD's to go along with 4-5 rushing TD's.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 02:23 PM   #172
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

That was a Heisman day period. Vicne Young served national notice yesterday. Wow. I'm not looking forward to them playing us. Ugh.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 10:37 AM   #173
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

first bcs rankings come out today, i havent checked if they are out yet.. but tech is projected to be 6th, WOW!

Contact Me
Old 10-17-2005, 11:15 AM   #174
Five-ofan
Guru

Apparently Meeks does get to play in this game. He is supposedly the fastest player in Tech history. Supposedly runs a 4-2. Thought I doubt it, I think there are maybe 10 people in the nfl and ncaa combined that run a legit 4.2. UT has one of them. We are supposed to be ranked 6th? Wohoooooooooooooo. I really dont see us pulling it out though. I do see the winner going undefeated, I just see the winner being UT. Anyone know about Charles health status? Should be a great game to watch though. VY has a higher rating than Leinart. That is crazy. I would put VY in the lead for the heisman right now but I think in most voters minds, he is second. His best hope is that the USC players split it up. IF VY and Leinhart end with similar ratings and td to int rations (both at 12-5 right now) you gotta give the heisman to VY.

Edited to add that the heisman assumes both teams go undefeated. If one team loses I think the undefeated one gets it.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:47 AM   #175
Five-ofan
Guru

The bcs rankings come out at 1 cst.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:02 PM   #176
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

FROM ESPN INSIDER:

BCS OUTLOOK ROSY FOR LONGHORNS!!

When Matt Leinart was shoved into the end zone for the game-winning touchdown on Saturday, USC celebrated a major step toward its third straight national championship.

The Trojans, however, were the second team of the day to see a door to the BCS title game swing open in front of them. When Notre Dame's Brady Quinn had reached the opposite end zone on the possession prior to Leinart's TD, the Texas Longhorns may have gotten all the help they'll need to reach Pasadena for a second straight season -- this time to play for all the marbles.

Just a few hours earlier, the outlook for Texas had not been so rosy. Faced with the knowledge that schedule weakness could downgrade them in the BCS computers all season, there was a lot of pressure on the Longhorns to sustain momentum in the human polls by performing at a high level on the field. As I mentioned in this column last week, Texas needs to keep its poll points closer to No. 1 USC than to No. 3 Virginia Tech.

If the Trojans had manhandled a Notre Dame team that is believed to be better than any of the Longhorns' opponents, it might have tightened USC's grip on the top spot in the polls. But when the Irish showed America how human these Trojans really are -- combined with Texas' complete domination of No. 24 Colorado -- it caused more than a few people to reconsider which team might be the best in the land, even if most voters kept USC in the No. 1 position this week.

With No. 3 Virginia Tech idle over the weekend, Texas accomplished the mission of solidifying itself as the No. 2 team in the nation while gaining some ground on No. 1 by picking up a few more first-place votes. Simple calculations suggest that only three of 62 voters in the coaches' poll and four of 113 in the Harris poll don't have the Longhorns ranked in their top two. Unless Texas loses or has some sloppy wins, those opinions shouldn't change too much. And unless they change dramatically, the weakness of the Big 12 won't ultimately cost the Longhorns in the BCS formula.

Penn State's loss guaranteed that there won't be five undefeated teams this season, which was a scenario that might have allowed someone to gain significant ground on Texas in the computer element. Florida State's loss also eliminated the possibility that Virginia Tech could play another undefeated team in the ACC title game, which would have strengthened the Hokies' rankings in the computers. And to top it off, Ohio State won a game it very easily could have lost, which helps the quality of the Texas schedule.

All of this explains why the Longhorns vaulted from eighth to second in this week's Sagarin Ratings -- the only one of the six BCS computer rankings to publish on Sunday. Assuming the other computers respond to the events of this past weekend in similar fashion, which they typically do, Texas should be a comfortable No. 2 in the initial release of the BCS standings on Monday. And because there is such a sizable gap between all of the top five spots in the polls, there shouldn't be any surprises in the rankings of the unbeaten teams.

Mock BCS Standings
1. USC Trojans (6-0)
2. Texas Longhorns (6-0)
3. Virginia Tech Hokies (6-0)
4. Georgia Bulldogs (6-0)
5. Alabama Crimson Tide (6-0)
6. Texas Tech Red Raiders (6-0)
7. LSU Tigers (4-1)
8. Miami Hurricanes (5-1)
9. UCLA Bruins (6-0)
10. Florida State Seminoles (5-1)
* Through games of Oct. 15
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 01:06 PM   #177
alby
Guru

i know their record may not justify it, but the Irish is a top 10 team IMO.

Contact Me
Old 10-17-2005, 01:06 PM   #178
Five-ofan
Guru

Tech is 7th slightly behind LSU. Texas is closer to USC than tech is to UT.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:10 PM   #179
AnMan21

i sure hope the horns can pull it off this week. they looked focused against CU, they're going to need at least that much focus this week playing their biggest game of the season. wise move by mack to keep charles on the bench most of the game saturday. he wasn't needed, and gives him the chance to heel before the raiders come to town. the longhorn defense continues to look tough - will be interesting to see if they can hold the raiders offense in check. you can be certain they're studying the nebraska and kansas game tapes to see what they did to keep TT down.

UT has proven all year they can score the ball quickly - what I liked about a few of their drives saturday was they were able to sustain long drives for tds. that's what they need to to this saturday as well. keep tt offense off the field and grind out the clock - smashmouth football. i also look for ramonce taylor to get the ball in his hands a little more.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:14 PM   #180
alby
Guru

UT will blow this Tech team out, just wait and see.

Contact Me
Old 10-17-2005, 04:22 PM   #181
Drbio
Banned

UT always has problems with Tech...for whatever reason. I doubt it is a blowout. I'm impressed with Tech, but I do pick Texas to win.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:37 PM   #182
Five-ofan
Guru

Except last year. I have seen every tech game and every UT game but 2. We have a punchers chance and we are always dangerous to any team. The CU game gave me hope because they had some people open that their qb just missed. IF Cu can get people open then Tech definitely will. I just dont see us stopping them. For us to win it needs to be like the game 2 years ago and the score be like 49-45. Its possible but I dont see them giving up 40 something points. We need VY to have one of his turnover games. I really dont want them to play Taylor at tailback because he scares me. He is just so fast. He is the fastest guy on UT and if he gets in the open field he is gone. As a UT fan I would be nervous about this game because its the last game they could lose even if they show up for it. As a Tech fan I am hoping for a win, expecting a loss, but thinking that we can keep it close.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:51 PM   #183
Phil Helmuth

Phil Helmuth is on a distinguished road

I go to UT and this season has been awesome. I was in Omaha this summer to see us win the college world series and am loving this football season. College gameday is going to be here to watch us roll by 21+.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:00 AM   #184
alby
Guru

its not really that far-fetched for a baseball, football, basketball sweep this year [img]i/expressions/anim_shocked.gif[/img]

Contact Me
Old 10-18-2005, 12:09 PM   #185
Five-ofan
Guru

Has that ever been done? Wouldnt technically count because school year wise baseball was last year. They would have to repeat but then again that is possible too.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:53 AM   #186
Five-ofan
Guru

BTW, was just reading about ND vs USC being the greatest game ever or the last 35 years. Am I the only one that thought last years Rose Bowl was better? Just for entertainment that was an incredible game. Anyone else think so? I would just like to hear yalls opinions.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:32 AM   #187
alby
Guru

USC vs ND was better just because of tradition/rivalry alone

it was an incredible game to witness..
wish I dvr-ed it

Contact Me
Old 10-19-2005, 03:27 PM   #188
Five-ofan
Guru

I dont think so. I can understand how people could feel that way but I would say that 2 of the 3 winningest programs of all time and their first ever meeting is quite enough of an atmosphere. Also the fact that it was in the rose bowl and it was a more entertaining game, I would take the UT Michigan game. VY vs Edwards and Breaston. Lots of excitement on both sides. Not a knock on the USC ND game because it was great but I just think that it is a little bit of an exaggeration to call it the greatest game of the last 35 years when I dont think its the best game of the last year.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:12 AM   #189
alby
Guru

moment of truth later today, don't miss this game!

Contact Me
Old 10-22-2005, 03:01 PM   #190
Five-ofan
Guru

VY looks to be having one of those off days throwing. We got a shot.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:11 PM   #191
Five-ofan
Guru

So much for us having a shot. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] At least im a UT fan too.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:31 PM   #192
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

do you go to school at tech, five?
Old 10-22-2005, 04:47 PM   #193
Five-ofan
Guru

Yep. Im a sophmore Engineering major.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:28 PM   #194
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Man... Only A&M is standing in UT's way, (along with potentially Missouri for the Big 12 Championship)... If we win out and get screwed like Endtroducing's boys, oh my my my...

All I know is VaTech had their hands full early on with Maryland and we just MANHANDLED the #7 team in the country!!! We beat them worse than USC beat Washington so I hope we pick up some more voters... Vince is incredible when he needs to be... Not completely consistent, (hit that TE when he is open damn it), but he is still money!!!

USC vs. UT for the Rose Bowl... I can hardly wait!
Old 10-22-2005, 06:39 PM   #195
Drbio
Banned

With all due respect to anyone who thinks otherwise...UT could beat the Detroit Lions. THis is one badass college football team. That was nothing shy of freaking domination. I don't see anyone coming within 25 points of the Longhorns the rest of the year.

Please take it easy on my Bears.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:53 PM   #196
alby
Guru

this is how I would rank the football teams in the state of Texas:

1. Dallas Cowboys
2. Texas Longhorns
3. Houston Texans

Contact Me
Old 10-22-2005, 08:23 PM   #197
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Surely you people are kidding if you think ANY college team would EVER beat a NFL team...surely.

UT might have some talent...they might have 85 future NFL players (best case...I'd say 30 would be a more likely, yet still generous estimate)...but guess what...every single person on the Lions and Texans already made it to the NFL. Every one of them. It wouldn't even be close. I'd expect the spread to be 40. The talent disparity would just be HUGE. Pull your heads out of your asses.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:29 PM   #198
alby
Guru

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Contact Me
Old 10-22-2005, 11:30 PM   #199
AnMan21

what a lovely beating the horns gave the red raiders today. i expected them to cover - but damn - that was just sick. while their d gave up the yards, they didn't give up the points, and that's what matters. except for those VT fans (possibly Georgia/Alabama) who in the country doesn't want to see USC vs Texas in the Rose Bowl?
Old 10-22-2005, 11:31 PM   #200
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: alby
UT will blow this Tech team out, just wait and see.
[img]i/expressions/anim_shocked.gif[/img]

Contact Me