Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-31-2003, 11:58 AM   #1
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default My Verdict - Long!!!

OK... I am now back from my first live Dallas Mavericks' basketball game!!! I loved it, my wife loved it, and for those last three minutes, the place was REALLY HYPED AND REALLY LOUD!!! Great experience and I will definitely be back!!!

What this game did for me was open my eyes on a few things and solidify my views on others!!!

I will just go down the starting lineup and into the bench:

Nash - I can not figure out why he does not attempt to create his own shot more, (as the Baron Davis and Stephon Marburys of the world). He is so fast and so talented that if they did more screen & roll plays specifically for him, he could drain it 8 out of 10 times... He is just so accurate and intelligent on the floor... If we ever lose this guy, (offseason or trade), I think it really puts us a major step backwards!!!

Finley - I must say that maybe it was because of the incredibly fast players he was guarding last night, but Finley's defense is NOT that of a great stopper. He was not the worst, (we will get to those who were), but he was beat about 4 GOOD times by Redd/Mason. He did play well overall and he took it to the basket a couple of times which impressed me. What didnt impress me was the wide open dunk he missed... I was no more than 30 feet from him and he just jumped up uncontested and BRICKED the dunk... Lucky for him we have some savvy offensive rebounders this year!!!

Howard - THIS GUY HUSTLES AND I LOVE HIM... I swear, there were more defensive contributions by this guy than the entire team combined. So many times he would alter shots, slap passes out of bounds, jump for a rebound amongst the bigs, dive and fall for loose balls, and risk his body for the sake at making a stop... He is one hell of a player and while his shot was not falling and needs to improve, we just have to continue to make minutes for this guy... He is going to be a hell of a player!!!

Walker - I now must admit, this is the most talented player we have overall. He was the only Maverick of the main 6 OUTSIDE of Josh to impress me on the defensive side. He is so quick and while he had some easy misses inside, he is so talented and tricky he always seems to find a way to slap it back in... He also had a few mistakes, but that is the thing with him... I can now see Nellies' quandary!!! Walker is so damn talented that you have to have him on the court, but at the same time you often hold your breath because of his confidence due to his talents - often forcing him to just do too much!!! He had one behind the back pass to Jamison that was just beautiful!!! My wife stood up and said "That was one helluva pass!!!" When you take into account defense, offense, rebounding, passing, confidence, attitude, etc... This is the guy that I now must say should STAY a Maverick... He does take some bad shots, and does make some bad passes, but overall, his talent is obvious, and he is a gem!!!

Dirk - Next to the last two minutes of the game, (two game-clinching three pointers), his play was depressing at best. He is honestly lost on the defensive side of the ball... I watched and studied him VERY carefully on several sequences and you could see him looking SO lost!!! With him at the center of the Zone, I think he is miserable!!! He is continually sweeping from side to side, never really knowing who to guard, and this is our main concern... You see, I wanted to see this game UP CLOSE and I hoped to come out saying: OK, CENTER IS NOT THE PROBLEM, ZONE IS NOT THE PROBLEM, ETC... This just was not possible after this game... Dirk got schooled by Toni Kukoc and Brian Skinner ALL NIGHT LONG on the defensive side of the ball... That is just sad!!! When a guy has the ball down low on Dirk, he can back him down until he is RIGHT UNDER the basket because Dirk REFUSES to man up the guy and actually put pressure on the guys back... Despite the stat sheet lying, at least he DID have two descent blocks... He also would run the pick and roll with Nash and find himself with Ford on him right by the three point line... Instead of taking him inside or posting him down, he would settle for 22 foot jumpshots... Now I KNOW he is a great shooter... BUT COME ON... Take advantage of the smaller guy on you... Dirk is our BEST offensive player no doubt, but I really question his decision making and defense after watching him tonight... He was hampered early by foul trouble, and maybe that forced him to cut off his DEFENSE switch, but he wasnt really playing any prior to the second foul, (one of which was bullshit because damn near everyone is slapping each others' hand when shots are taken - SERIOUSLY!!!). I just want to see him get more hyped for the defensive duties and get the twinkle in his eye when he has TJ Ford guarding him, as opposed to settling for a damn jumper!!!

Jamison - I feel sorry for this guy... I watched his face carefully on a couple of plays, and he truly is out of it on the court at times... He is frustrated with not being THE MAN no matter what he says... There was one play where Jamison was posting up a Buck and Walker had the ball - Jamison called for the ball and Walker told him to go to the other side of the court so Walker could do his own posting up... Jamison had a SERIOUSLY frustrated look on his face, shook his head a couple of times and when Walker missed, Jamison just bowed his head and ran back up court... Regarding his actual play, he was the WORST defender on the court... My wife and I actually kept track of this, and only ONE time when he was guarding a man that was attempting to drive to the basket or post him up was he able to keep him from making the shot... All other times the guy was either fouled or the shot went in... He just seems to let them go around him without any true pressure... He is also honestly a guy that can go from looking like he is having a terrible night, to us looking up at the stat screen and seeing him with 17 points... He is greatly talented offensively, but again, he is just another of many guys that fall short on the defensive side of the ball...

EVERYONE ELSE - Well the only other guys that had any playing time was Daniels, Best, and Fortson... Daniels and Best both impressed me, (both really hustled and Best hit some big shots when Milwaukee was on their run), especially defensively... Best and Daniels both had big steals at important times... Best only took one shot that seemed out of the flow of the offense, (his only miss), and he was pretty much wide open... Fortson just didnt get enough minutes for me to even comment on him...

Final Analysis - The Mavericks had the place fired up the first half, but I honestly told my wife at the beginning of the third to expect a run and not to get too upset when it happens... And right from the start of the third to the end of the third it was a totally pathetic attempt to put away a team... I am so sick of watching a team that SHOULD be dead be given the chance to win the game... The offensive sets were SO out of sync - almost like they wanted the team to come back... If you watched, and I mean really watched the first half and fourth quarters as compared to the third, you would wonder if it was the same team... A victory is a victory, but these guys are going to HAVE to keep the intensity for FOUR quarters... On a side note, how about those Milwaukee shooters... 1 missed free throw and 44 percent from down town... Man do I wish we could have signed Michael Redd!!! This guy has such a sweet shot and it is SOOO fast... He just flips it up there and nothing but net everytime...

It truly was a great experience and I hope to go back again very soon!!!
Old 12-31-2003, 12:06 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: My Verdict - Long!!!

Thanks for sharing. Anyone who takes the time to put their thoughts into print like this deserves props!

Well done.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 12:18 PM   #3
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:My Verdict - Long!!!

always love to hear from you Dan!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 12:18 PM   #4
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks... Any rebuttlal or additional comments???
Old 12-31-2003, 12:23 PM   #5
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Male22Dan
Thanks... Any rebuttlal or additional comments???
yeah..you suck!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 12-31-2003, 12:26 PM   #6
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

i was also at the game last night in the painted fans section...good times! anyways, i am very impressed with what you put together...that's long! i can't comment on everything because i am not that patient, but...i gotta comment on my man finley!

Quote:
Finley - I must say that maybe it was because of the incredibly fast players he was guarding last night, but Finley's defense is NOT that of a great stopper. He was not the worst, (we will get to those who were), but he was beat about 4 GOOD times by Redd/Mason.
yes, he did have some breakdowns last night, but you aren't going to be a perfect defender on every play...redd and mason are good players, and you just can't possibly stop them every time down the floor. that said, finley played very agressive d during the whole fourth quarter, denying redd the ball and denying the three if he did get the ball. i thought that mike's d in the fourth was pretty important in keeping redd in check so he couldn't kill us from the three-point line like he had been doing.

Quote:
He did play well overall and he took it to the basket a couple of times which impressed me. What didnt impress me was the wide open dunk he missed... I was no more than 30 feet from him and he just jumped up uncontested and BRICKED the dunk... Lucky for him we have some savvy offensive rebounders this year!!!
pretty much agree here...he was attacking the basket fairly well, and that dunk was just embarrassing. haha...i always feel bad when that happens to people!
Old 12-31-2003, 12:29 PM   #7
V
Golden Member

V has a spectacular aura aboutV has a spectacular aura about

Excellent post 22Dan

I noticed some of the same things you commented on e.g. Jamison's lack of defense, Howard's defense ALL OVER THE COURT, Dirk's decision making... but it really stands out when you're there in person.

This year I'm finding myself watching the Mavs with a much more critical eye than in years past. Maybe it's the losing, the offseason moves, or the fact that this club's deficiencies are so easily diagnosed, but I've been payng special attention to things like attitude, off the ball movement, off-ball defensive pressure, etc. And one thing that stands out the most - for me - is Jamison.

Most people on this board seem to think that he's a great fit for Dallas (I guess because he can score without demanding the ball from our beloved Big 3)... but I don't see him fitting in as well as one would like. His defense is atrocious. And judging from his facial expressions, he's not getting the ball when or where he wants it.

I remember the play when Walker waived Jamison though... but there were others... third period, Best has the ball on the left wing, dribbling to the top of the key... Jamison flashes to the left block... he's wide open for a split second but Best never sees him. The ball is rotated out & Jamison hangs his head.

Another play - Jamison gets the ball just across half court. he doesn't like the ball there so he soft-tosses a lazy cross court pass to Dirk (I think) and it's intercepted.

Defensive miscues were too many to count... but at one point - after it looked like Finley was burned inside - I saw Finley jawing with Jamison "play defense!" Apparently Jamison was out of position.

BTW - I'm not a Jamison hater. The guy has fabulous talent... I just don't see him fitting in as well as some others on this board seem to.

"If there's no more questions, I've got a beer that needs consuming."
-- Don Nelson
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 12:31 PM   #8
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Now that was not very nice!!! Mods, please throw water on this alien and send him back to his world, (Signs)!!!

Old 12-31-2003, 12:33 PM   #9
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

I completely agree Mand that Finley stepped his intensity up a notch in the Fourth, but like I said - That intensity needs to be there the entire game...

Were you by the guy painted in blue that said some stuff about "Teams like the mavs just dont come around very often"???

That was pretty funny!!!
Old 12-31-2003, 12:37 PM   #10
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Now that was not very nice!!! Mods, please throw water on this alien and send him back to his world, (Signs)!!!

genius..

by the by, Howard is all that he was cracked up to be on the Defensive end!

Old 12-31-2003, 12:40 PM   #11
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: V
Another play - Jamison gets the ball just across half court. he doesn't like the ball there so he soft-tosses a lazy cross court pass to Dirk (I think) and it's intercepted.
There was a little bit more to it then this... It was actually Jamison getting the ball with two guys on him, one of which began to leave... He was uncomftorable with the ball at the time, he passed it back to Dirk, and about two seconds later after Jamison had re-positioned himself, Dirk attempted to pass it back to Jamison... I think it was either Thomas or Mason on Jamison who swatted at the ball as it was just arriving into Jamison's hands, and as you hinted, it was indeed a turnover!!! And in my opinion it was Dirk's fault, who passed the ball WAY too close to Jamison's body, when he should have forced Jamison to reach for it keeping it from the defenders' quick hands...

There were several plays like this, (even though we only had like 6 turnovers)... The ones we DID have could have been prevented had it not been for careless passes... I guess that is always the case with turnovers though isnt it... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-31-2003, 12:40 PM   #12
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I completely agree Mand that Finley stepped his intensity up a notch in the Fourth, but like I said - That intensity needs to be there the entire game...
i don't know how long you can play that intense of defense...seems like you couldn't deny the ball that strongly the whole night or you would wear yourself out. but yes, it would be nice if he could play that way the whole game. i just thought he played pretty good defense overall and very good defense in the fourth.

Quote:
Were you by the guy painted in blue that said some stuff about "Teams like the mavs just dont come around very often"???

That was pretty funny!!!
yeah, we were sitting behind those guys...there were like five of them and the only thing they were wearing were diapers...they were fun!
Old 12-31-2003, 12:47 PM   #13
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mandyahl
Quote:
i don't know how long you can play that intense of defense...seems like you couldn't deny the ball that strongly the whole night or you would wear yourself out. but yes, it would be nice if he could play that way the whole game. i just thought he played pretty good defense overall and very good defense in the fourth.

Quote:

That was pretty funny!!!
yeah, we were sitting behind those guys...there were like five of them and the only thing they were wearing were diapers...they were fun!

Regarding not knowing how long you can play that sort of defense, please see Ron Artest last night versus LeBron, (while he had a good first quarter, Artest was draped over him the entire game and played great defense the entire game) - DEFENSE!!! I know this is not something that ANYONE can do, but it is something that I expect a defensive stopper to do, which is all I said Finley was NOT... He just seems to really pick it up at times, and can really become emotional, but as a team, the Mavericks really need to see that consistently... I will say that it is very hard to guard these great shooting Bucks though...

So you were up there... That guy was hilarious... I hope you didnt have to change him!!!
Old 12-31-2003, 12:58 PM   #14
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I walked right by the diaper guys going into the game. There were about ten painted people standing in two lines, trying to get people to walk between them and give them high fives and stuff going into the AAC. I started to run through them, chest bumping and acting like I was being announced in someone's starting lineup, but I decided against it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Didn't wanna end up with blue paint all over me, somehow.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 12:59 PM   #15
V
Golden Member

Quote:
Quote:
There was a little bit more to it then this... It was actually Jamison getting the ball with two guys on him, one of which began to leave... He was uncomftorable with the ball at the time, he passed it back to Dirk, and about two seconds later after Jamison had re-positioned himself, Dirk attempted to pass it back to Jamison... I think it was either Thomas or Mason on Jamison who swatted at the ball as it was just arriving into Jamison's hands, and as you hinted, it was indeed a turnover!!! And in my opinion it was Dirk's fault, who passed the ball WAY too close to Jamison's body, when he should have forced Jamison to reach for it keeping it from the defenders' quick hands...

There were several plays like this, (even though we only had like 6 turnovers)... The ones we DID have could have been prevented had it not been for careless passes... I guess that is always the case with turnovers though isnt it... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I'm not sure if we're taking about the same play. The one you describe sounds like Dirk would be charged with the TO... and he only had one. Jamison had two in 30 minutes... and I think the play I'm thinking about was a Jamison TO. If I remember correctly I think the Mavs were trying to push the ball after a defensive rebound. Jamison caught it on the far side (from the camera) just across the 8 second line... and he passed parallel to line & across to the near court where it was picked off.

You're right.... those things do happen... it just seemed like another play where Jamison looked out of sync with the rest of the team. He did not want the ball where he got it... so he got rid of it. It was a small mistake that we see players make most nights. The point is that the Mavs need to learn t get him the ball WHEN & WHERE he wants it or those head-hanging epsiodes are going to become more common.

Do you think Jamison looks happy out there? I don't know if he's a very emotional player... but the only time I can remember him getting excited, or pumping a fist, or slapping someone's ass like he's "one of the guys" was in the first win over the Wolves.

-- Don Nelson
Old 12-31-2003, 01:08 PM   #16
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

Walkerforthree is on a distinguished road

So let me get this straight Dan, you think Dirk should back down ford from 22 feet out, yeah, that makes sense. When the pick and roll is utilized, he can't help where he recieves the ball. Now you cannot back someone down from 22 feet away, that's asinine, all he could do in that situation was shoot over the guy. Now mabye this was the first Mavs game you've ever seen, that's great, but if you watched this team more then once you'd know what makes dirk great (one reason), is the fact that when he gets the ball IN THE POST against a smaller guy, he is near perfect at backing them down and scoring on them. He does it extremely effective. Dirk has a very effective post game, however, you can't utilize that 22 feet out, regardless of who you have on them, even if its tj ford or earl boykins. Now Dirk did score several points down low tonight which it appears you decided to ignore or weren't watching. However, Dirk can't help being 22 feet out, that my friend is the decision of our large head coach. Now I also disagree with your bashing of his D. First off, let me get this straight now. Toni Kukoc is a EXTREMELY crafty, and savy vet. Though old, he is still a great offensive player, and if you think him scoring on you is sad, I must say you don't watch much ball. Furthermore, to the point. Do you know Kukoc's ppg this year??????? 8.5. Kukoc averages 8.5 ppg in 21.7 mpg this year. Last night he scored 8 points in 27 minutes. So last night, actually, Dirk HELD Kukoc under his season average in ppg in even more minutes. Now to straighten more of your inaccuracies. One of those baskets he scored on Nash, if you chose to disagree, well, you're wrong, nash even fouled him on the play, check the game log. I don't believe they were, but we'll assume that all of Toni's 6 other points were on Dirk. So, if even that is the case, that means Toni scored a whopping SIX points in 27 minutes on Dirk, man, shiatty D, eh? Now for Skinner. Skinner had 12 points last night. Further number crunching let's you know Dirk was on the bench for 6 of Brian's points (source, the gamelog, and my tape of the game). Ergo, we'll play Dirk basher again. Let's just say all 6 of Brian's other points were on Dirk (they weren't). Well, that means Dirk gave up a whopping SIX POINTS TO KUKOC AND SIX POINTS TO SKINNER FOR A WHOPPING 12 POINTS. Yep, you sure are right, Kukoc and Skinner sure did torch Dirk to the tune of 12 points total, that's sad. Uh no, that's not sad, but what is sad is you're spurious analysis of last night. I am glad you had fun, but try to get you're facts straight. Also, its great to ignore Dirk's 11 boards, his key tip off the nash miss, you didn't even talk about the CLUTCH dagger threes. You're agenda is rather clear.
Ah, now to the Walker issue. Walker played a solid game last night, however, if you truly think he is more talented then Dirk, I don't think I can help you. The fact is, Dirk has a season with a 3p% that is higher then one of Walker's fg% years. Dirk has scored 100 in 3 games in the playoffs, he's averaged two straight seasons of doubles doubles at 23/10 and 25/10. Dirk is unguardable, Walker aint. And I love in your praising of Walker's D which is average, you ignored how Joe Smith WENT OFF ON HIM, hmm, was that Dirk too though? Nope, it wasn't.
And to Mike Finley. You are seriously undermining the defense he played. Most of redd's points were via threes, not going by mike. And Mike shutdown Redd in the 4th, he shot 1-4 before a meaningless buzzer J as time expired, so I'd say Mike played pretty damn good D.

In conclusion, I am glad you got to go to the game, im glad you had fun, and im glad you expressed you're opinions, however, try watching closer next visit.
Walkerforthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 01:29 PM   #17
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

I have been asked nicely by moderators not to comment to the morons of this board, so instead, I will just pass this on to the Mods that you are making blind assumptions and wild statements and comments regarding my knowledge and my opinions...

Regarding YOUR "asinine" basketball statements, I will simply say this:

1) Dirk should have taken TJ inside... Do you not think that a 7 footer with above average handles can not dribble down another smaller guy... If not, YOU do not watch enough baskeball because Mr. Walker does it all the time, as did VanExel last year and several others I will not waste my time explaining to you...

2) @$#^# Man how I want to curse at you... Im calming... Ok... Regarding Dirk's D... I-F Y-O-U W-A-T-C-H T-H-E M-A-V-S P-L-A-Y Y-O-U A-R-E A H-O-M-E-R T-O S-A-Y D-I-R-K C-A-N P-L-A-Y G-O-O-D D!!!

3) I didnt talk about the clutch dagger threes... Yeah... re-read moron!!! - and take careful note to the fact that EDITED is not at the bottom of MY thread

4) You are just mad because I punked you in another thread and made your ass look silly... So now, EVEN AFTER MODS TOLD YOU AND I TO COOL IT... You chose to come back and disagree with a guy that watched it first hand and a guy that has missed like ten Mavs games over the last four years, (only because they werent televised)... It is Ok that you got punked before, please, let it go!!!
Old 12-31-2003, 01:41 PM   #18
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

Quote:
I have been asked nicely by moderators not to comment to the morons of this board, so instead, I will just pass this on to the Mods that you are making blind assumptions and wild statements and comments regarding my knowledge and my opinions...

Regarding YOUR "asinine" basketball statements, I will simply say this:

1) Dirk should have taken TJ inside... Do you not think that a 7 footer with above average handles can not dribble down another smaller guy... If not, YOU do not watch enough baskeball because Mr. Walker does it all the time, as did VanExel last year and several others I will not waste my time explaining to you...

2) @$#^# Man how I want to curse at you... Im calming... Ok... Regarding Dirk's D... I-F Y-O-U W-A-T-C-H T-H-E M-A-V-S P-L-A-Y Y-O-U A-R-E A H-O-M-E-R T-O S-A-Y D-I-R-K C-A-N P-L-A-Y G-O-O-D D!!!

3) I didnt talk about the clutch dagger threes... Yeah... re-read moron!!! - and take careful note to the fact that EDITED is not at the bottom of MY thread

4) You are just mad because I punked you in another thread and made your ass look silly... So now, EVEN AFTER MODS TOLD YOU AND I TO COOL IT... You chose to come back and disagree with a guy that watched it first hand and a guy that has missed like ten Mavs games over the last four years, (only because they werent televised)... It is Ok that you got punked before, please, let it go!!!

lol, you need to calm down.
Old 12-31-2003, 01:41 PM   #19
V
Golden Member

22Dan, why do people who know the least, know it the loudest? I'm with you on this one. Brian effin Skinner may not light up the scoreboard against Dirk but I know good defense when I see it...

"Kukoc is EXTREMENLY crafty" .... hey Walkerforthree... you're funny. Tell us another one. [img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img]

-- Don Nelson
Old 12-31-2003, 01:42 PM   #20
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

and p.s. buddy, yes, sure, dirk can back down tj from 22 feet out, but i hope you know by the time he's backing tj down the double team would come, erradicating the mismatch.
Old 12-31-2003, 01:44 PM   #21
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

Quote:
22Dan, why do people who know the least, know it the loudest? I'm with you on this one. Brian effin Skinner may not light up the scoreboard against Dirk but I know good defense when I see it...

"Kukoc is EXTREMENLY crafty" .... hey Walkerforthree... you're funny. Tell us another one. [img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img]
LMAO, if you don't know Kukoc is crafy, i don't know how long you've watched basketball, the man is a natural playmaker who has averaged 6 plus assist in a year. And if you read my post, you'd know, regardless, he only scored 6 points tops on Dirk. And pot meet keetle, you say I know the least when you don't even know Kukoc is crafty.
Old 12-31-2003, 01:44 PM   #22
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: Walkerforthree
and p.s. buddy, yes, sure, dirk can back down tj from 22 feet out, but i hope you know by the time he's backing tj down the double team would come, erradicating the mismatch.
...and leaving some other sweet-shooting Mav totally open.

Old 12-31-2003, 01:45 PM   #23
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

And by the way Male, the reason my post is edited is because I changed "Dirk back down Dirk" to "Dirk back down Ford"

And please watch the name calling and cursing, there's no place for that here.
Old 12-31-2003, 01:46 PM   #24
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: sturm und drang
Quote:
...and leaving some other sweet-shooting Mav totally open.
yes, that's true, but like I said, it eradicates the mismatch. You have to have confidence in Dirk to hit a open 22 footer, the only other shot we would of got is say a Mike 22 footer, while risking a TO on the double/trap. The point is, its not like Dirk could of posted up in that situation, 22 feet out.
Old 12-31-2003, 01:49 PM   #25
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

And Male, mabye we could have a civilized debate, instead of you slinging out insults. Did you even read my post??? I don't think you did. I refuted, with facts, you're claim that Skinner and Kukoc lit up Dirk, do you have a rebuttal to this?
Old 12-31-2003, 01:50 PM   #26
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Which of course would cause another one when he passes to the open guy... A guy that might get an easy layup or a closer shot...

But your right... Just keep taking 22 footers instead!!!
Old 12-31-2003, 01:53 PM   #27
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Walker... Come on man... Are you even serious... Do I need a rebuttal... I dont have to prove you wrong when everyone reading your nonsense knows you are!!! Who here agrees with you... WHO!!!

You just want to cause trouble, and you have been pretty good at it since you arrived... I sent you a PM regarding your post and how it was uncalled for... You need to avoid using your tone and manner towards some of us that frankly know more than you...

Regarding you telling me why you EDITED your post, I mentioned the editing thing so you would know you were, once again, wrong is saying I didnt mention Dirks two threes... Get it? Good!
Old 12-31-2003, 01:53 PM   #28
V
Golden Member

Quote:
Quote:

LMAO, if you don't know Kukoc is crafy, i don't know how long you've watched basketball, the man is a natural playmaker who has averaged 6 plus assist in a year. And if you read my post, you'd know, regardless, he only scored 6 points tops on Dirk. And pot meet keetle, you say I know the least when you don't even know Kukoc is crafty.
It's not the craftyness I'm laughing at Walk.... it your unmitigated rationalizations. Careful criticizing other posters on this board. Remember Confucious... Man who shoot off mouth, must expect to lose face.

-- Don Nelson
Old 12-31-2003, 01:55 PM   #29
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

Im not criticizing anyone.
Old 12-31-2003, 01:56 PM   #30
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

Quote:
Walker... Come on man... Are you even serious... Do I need a rebuttal... I dont have to prove you wrong when everyone reading your nonsense knows you are!!! Who here agrees with you... WHO!!!

You just want to cause trouble, and you have been pretty good at it since you arrived... I sent you a PM regarding your post and how it was uncalled for... You need to avoid using your tone and manner towards some of us that frankly know more than you...

Regarding you telling me why you EDITED your post, I mentioned the editing thing so you would know you were, once again, wrong is saying I didnt mention Dirks two threes... Get it? Good!
Ok, are you denying that Toni and Skinner "lit up" dirk for a combined 12 points? You're exact words were "Kukoc and Skinner lit up Dirk, that's just sad". However that wasn't the case, so are you denying this?
Old 12-31-2003, 01:58 PM   #31
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Your not huh... OK... Whatever... Talk about a thread that a Mod should have stepped in a long time on... I have sent two messages and NOTHING... NOTHING AT ALL...

You didnt criticize... AHHHH... READ YOUR CRAP... I think you are blind or you simply cant comprehend the meaning of criticizing and being rude... Which one is it???
Old 12-31-2003, 01:58 PM   #32
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

1st of all Male22Dan, lay off the name calling. That's not appropriate at any time.

Walkerforthree you started this one. You post was condescending and attacking to the poster. It's OK to have a differing opinion, but telling someone that they didn't watch the game properly is instigating trouble. So knock if off.
Old 12-31-2003, 01:59 PM   #33
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
1st of all Male22Dan, lay off the name calling. That's not appropriate at any time.

Walkerforthree you started this one. You post was condescending and attacking to the poster. It's OK to have a differing opinion, but telling someone that they didn't watch the game properly is instigating trouble. So knock if off.
I apologize LRB, you are correct. I was just trying to refute a few of his points, the condescending was not intentional, I promise you. However, as you see in my post, I never named called or such as he is.
Old 12-31-2003, 02:01 PM   #34
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

You just didnt watch the plays they scored over Dirk on obviously... If you score ONE bucket on a guy in a sequence in which the defender plays terrible defense, one has the right to say that defender got schooled... But it happened a total of 6-10 times in the game... This is actually regarding his complete defense on everyone he guarded, (and yes, I saw him on Thomas due to the Zone on a few occasions!!!) Basically, I do not have to justify myself to you... And I wont... When you come to this board and completely bad mouth me, tell me I know nothing, say I havent been watching basketball, say that you cant help me, say all of this shit... I will just ignore your ass!!! Please, PLEASE... P - L - E - A - S - E leave!!!
Old 12-31-2003, 02:01 PM   #35
V
Golden Member

Let's get this effin thread back on track.

I just ripped Jamison above. Anyone agree / disagree?

Jamison is the Mavs greatest defensive liability... and he's not yet "one of the guys."

Intelligent basketball responses only, please.

-- Don Nelson
Old 12-31-2003, 02:02 PM   #36
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:

Then get in here on time when I PM you!!!

Period!
Old 12-31-2003, 02:03 PM   #37
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

I vote for getting it back on track!!! Thanks V
Old 12-31-2003, 02:05 PM   #38
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

Quote:
Let's get this effin thread back on track.

I just ripped Jamison above. Anyone agree / disagree?

Jamison is the Mavs greatest defensive liability... and he's not yet "one of the guys."

Intelligent basketball responses only, please.
V, I agree. I love his O game around the bucket, but he was being burned repeadetly last night. That's one reason I would trade him for you're boy Sheed [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-31-2003, 02:05 PM   #39
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

Quote:
Quote:

Then get in here on time when I PM you!!!

Period!
There is no place for bashing Mods here. LRB is a fine Mod
Old 12-31-2003, 02:06 PM   #40
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Hahaha... talk about suckup... Get all your points while you can... I was not bashing, I was simply saying, (AS I DID IN A PM TO LRB), if the mods do not take care of this, I WILL!!!