Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-14-2006, 01:40 AM   #1
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up 11/14/2006 Bulls @ Mavs GDT

The Mavs have taken 9 of the last 10 meetings with the Bulls.

Lets keep this winning streak alive.

(edit: I was going to do a vbook, but apparently I failed to mark the damn box...U2..help..please??)

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 11-14-2006 at 01:42 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2006, 01:45 AM   #2
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Go get'em Mavs!!

Mavs win this one 104-92

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:45 AM   #3
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs win 103-94
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:49 AM   #4
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

conquer and destroy.

we are the matador. doomed are ye bulls.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:55 AM   #5
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really not too worried. The home crowd will be going nuts, and we seem to be on a better roll now.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:05 AM   #6
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

lets go
Old 11-14-2006, 05:17 AM   #7
syrian fan

syrian fan will become famous soon enough

90-88 for dallas
guys do think big ben is going 2 guard dirk then it will be abig problem i guess
syrian fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:57 AM   #8
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

How is 9 out of 10 a winning streak?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:06 AM   #9
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I am picking the Mavs big on this one.
Mavs 98
Bulls 81

Jet scores 24; Dirk 20 and 9, Stack comes down to earth a bit (14 points; 3 assists).

Ben Wallace 2 pts, 6 rebounds, 1 BS, 6 fouls. He is so disappointed with his performance that he shaves his head after the game and nostalgically reflects about the days with his buddy Rasheed at his side.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:40 AM   #10
syrian fan

syrian fan will become famous soon enough

guys where i can see the game on net because here they are going to show toronto's game
thnx
syrian fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:04 AM   #11
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

Honestly, I don't expect a win... Eh, sounds like Nellie. GO MAVS!
Old 11-14-2006, 08:15 AM   #12
Pongo
Golden Member

Pongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrian fan
guys where i can see the game on net because here they are going to show toronto's game
thnx
http://www.myp2p.eu/NBA.htm
Old 11-14-2006, 09:23 AM   #13
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

It's going to be an entertaining game. The Mavs have awaken from the slumber and will kill the bulls by 20.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 09:27 AM   #14
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
How is 9 out of 10 a winning streak?
The Mavs are on a TWO game winning streak overall.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 11-14-2006, 09:30 AM   #15
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

101-87 mavs keep movin'
TheBlueVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:34 AM   #16
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Dallas by 8

95-87
Old 11-14-2006, 10:56 AM   #17
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs 94-88
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:23 AM   #18
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs Win in a closer contest than many are willing to predict...

Mavs 93
Bulls 89

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:35 AM   #19
Stitch Jones

Stitch Jones is a jewel in the roughStitch Jones is a jewel in the roughStitch Jones is a jewel in the rough

I fully expect an exciting game. Fourth-quarter defense will be the difference.

MAVS 101
Calves 97

"Did you know that Shaq makes $20 million this season ... and another $60 million over the next three? Every Miami fan just threw up on their creepy all-white T-shirt. "
~ Simmons
Stitch Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 12:06 PM   #20
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrian fan
90-88 for dallas
guys do think big ben is going 2 guard dirk then it will be abig problem i guess
i'm exactly sure what you are saying here, but I wouldn't mind seeing Big Ben guard Dirk. In Detriot he never had to because 'sheed is one of the few guys in the league that can legitimately guard Dirk. It'll be interesting if Skiles puts Ben on Dirk and PJ on Damp.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 12:56 PM   #21
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch Jones
I fully expect an exciting game. Fourth-quarter defense will be the difference.

MAVS 101
Calves 97
this seems unlikely
Old 11-14-2006, 01:30 PM   #22
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

If fourth quarter defense is the deciding factor we are screwed. If fourth quarter anything is the deciding factor we are screwed. Offense needs to show up and BG needs to have one of his 2 point games not a 37 one.

Mavs: 98-92
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:37 PM   #23
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
If fourth quarter defense is the deciding factor we are screwed. If fourth quarter anything is the deciding factor we are screwed. Offense needs to show up and BG needs to have one of his 2 point games not a 37 one.

Mavs: 98-92
No doubt. These days we better hope for a 20 point cushion early on, so we'll have a chance to win it at the end.

Old 11-14-2006, 01:43 PM   #24
fluid.forty.one

I just realized just how good Dirk has been this season. It seems like he's not even trying so I wasn't expecting his numbers to be great, but he's still getting 25/9 per game on +50% shooting. I guess I just have high expectations, so I'm suprised when he doesn't hit a shot.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:03 PM   #25
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Tough game...But i expect us to win a close one....103-95

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:30 PM   #26
Stitch Jones

Stitch Jones is a jewel in the roughStitch Jones is a jewel in the roughStitch Jones is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
this seems unlikely
Maybe, based on what's happened so far. However, I didn't mean to imply "lock down D for the entire quarter". I just don't see the Mavs running away with this one, but I do expect them to win at home against a up and coming Bulls team that's not quite there yet. A stretch of "good" defense in the final stanza can ensure that.

"Did you know that Shaq makes $20 million this season ... and another $60 million over the next three? Every Miami fan just threw up on their creepy all-white T-shirt. "
~ Simmons
Stitch Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:40 PM   #27
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Just one step closer to the top of the division.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:31 PM   #28
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

We're gonna win this fella ugly. Dirk will score 28, but the rest of our Mavs are going to stink offensively, as we take the game 83-79...
Old 11-14-2006, 07:38 PM   #29
WurzburgBorn

WurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to all

83-79 sounds about right to me too. Chicago's defense is pretty decent.
WurzburgBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:54 PM   #30
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Locked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to behold

Is anyone else having trouble with Yahoo's "boxscores?" Yahoo has the best boxscores out of NBA.com and ESPN, but it doesn't seem to be updating for me. It's just 0s all across the board.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:03 PM   #31
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
Just one step closer to the top of the division.
God I hope so.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:16 PM   #32
WurzburgBorn

WurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
Is anyone else having trouble with Yahoo's "boxscores?" Yahoo has the best boxscores out of NBA.com and ESPN, but it doesn't seem to be updating for me. It's just 0s all across the board.
Per http://www.fantasybasketballcafe.com forums
yahoo's box scores are not working for anyone tonight.

Last edited by WurzburgBorn; 11-14-2006 at 08:25 PM.
WurzburgBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:17 PM   #33
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Could someone let me know which channel? That information would come in handy.... if you have that information....

edit: Found it.... DANG IT!!!!! Channel 21... which my Hotel won't receive..... DANG IT!!!!!!

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 11-14-2006 at 08:25 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:44 PM   #34
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Ball movement has been great so far- it's actually fun to watch when they, ya know, pass the ball around.
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:45 PM   #35
fluid.forty.one

Great start by the Mavs.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:45 PM   #36
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongo

Is there a place I can watch or listen to it online that is compatible for Macs?

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 11-14-2006, 08:45 PM   #37
fluid.forty.one

...and great start by stack..

*ducks*
Old 11-14-2006, 08:46 PM   #38
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

...and a great start by Damp...

*also ducks*
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:47 PM   #39
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

no online stats...crap!
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:47 PM   #40
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Nice start by the Mavs