Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-03-2007, 07:28 PM   #41
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
So with croshere leaving for nada....

Last years marquis, armstrong, marshall, powell trades netted....fazekas? ouch..
Wouldn't it be nice to have Daniels back with the Mavs. Then we could put him or Howard at the 2/3 spot and at times have him at point as well to go super big..
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2007, 07:39 PM   #42
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
So with croshere leaving for nada....

Last years marquis, armstrong, marshall, powell trades netted....fazekas? ouch..
Quis was buried on our bench, a pretty big injury liability, and he has a pretty bad contract. Powell and Marshall will NEVER be NBA quality players, so they just would have taken up valuable spots on our roster. Armstrong would be a nice third point guard on our team, but I'd prefer JJ.

The Croshere will give us future salary cap and roster flexibility, and I think Fazekas could still become a player. I'm happy enough with that.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 07:41 PM   #43
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
Wouldn't it be nice to have Daniels back with the Mavs. Then we could put him or Howard at the 2/3 spot and at times have him at point as well to go super big..
Yes the trade last year was terrible. They over-reacted with everyone but Griffin imo.

I'm not that crazy about Marquis at all, mediocre at best and can't shoot. So I wasn't that upset about him getting traded, but croshere/anthony in return stunk. They looked a lot better on paper than they did on the court.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 07:42 PM   #44
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom
Quis was buried on our bench, a pretty big injury liability, and he has a pretty bad contract. Powell and Marshall will NEVER be NBA quality players, so they just would have taken up valuable spots on our roster. Armstrong would be a nice third point guard on our team, but I'd prefer JJ.

The Croshere will give us future salary cap and roster flexibility, and I think Fazekas could still become a player. I'm happy enough with that.
Well if the mavs got crosher just to get out of marquis contract (versus thinking it would make them better) then f'em. If they did, that's bullcrap.

I don't agree that getting fazekas for armstrong, marquis, powell is a good deal at all. We could have purchased a 34 pick. It was a wasted off-season except for devean.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 08-03-2007 at 07:44 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote