Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-31-2007, 12:02 PM   #1
chanaw25

chanaw25 will become famous soon enough
Default What does boston need to do now?

Right now if Boston does finish this Garnett deal there team will look something Like this (If Pruitt and Davis are signed)

C Kendrick Perkins
Pf Garnett, Scalabrine, Glen Davis
Sf Pierce, Brandon Wallace
Sg Ray Allen, Tony Allen
Pg Rajon Rondo, Gabe Pruitt

With this who can the celtics go after to round out there line up to keep from being to thin a team with too much in exeprienced back up. People have listed Brevin Knight at guard is Rondo was part of the Garnett deal but should they still try to get him now. Boston doesnt have much tradable assets anymore so anybody coming in will have to be signed. Im not sure about any of bostons finances to sign players or what these free agents are asking but this is my list of guys who i think would play for cheap and could help out.

for guards
-Brevin Knight
-Earl Boykins (Can find ways to score for himself but wouldnt need to with the triple threat the celtics will be packing. He can distribute well and that will become a big asset if the celtics are able to get him.)
-Eddie House ( Doesn't look like he will be resigned by the Nets and will probably be on the cheap end. he isnt nor will ever be an allstar but he will be decent)
-Troy Bell (plays in the D-league for the Toros used to play at BC and was a big deal in boston could probably build a career there as Rondos back up.)

for Centers
- Calvin Booth ( Good for a couple minutes and give you some garbage points as well as a good amount of rebounds.)
- Scot Pollard (Used to be decent in indiana but hasn't found much in Cleveland so i don't see him resigning there and with the lack of centers in Boston they could be a good fit.)
- Kevin Willis (He's old.. i mean experienced. but honestly he wont be able to help much more than a few minutes a few rebounds but itll give the C's what they need the most, another body.)
- Dikembe Mutumbo ( Again Old, but still a good center.)
not alot of good centers out there to pick from free agency that i think will not ask for an arm and a leg.
chanaw25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2007, 02:46 PM   #2
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

I like the looks of this team now and they will try to piece a bench together. I noticed Chicago is signing some giants also and it sure looks like to me the Bulls could easily win a title if their young guys are now mature enough. The east is getting very good. Orlando, Cavs, Pistons all good and NJ has improved. Who knows about the Knicks.

Boston has got some great shooters now. If you asked me to pick the best horse players in the nba and some of the top shooters, Ray Allen would be at close to the top of the list and he can also dunk on you. He is so deadly. We all know about Pierce and he makes that list somewhere and he also can do alot more things. You have Garnett that makes that list also and when we play against him, i am wishing just shoot from way out there and don't come in and dunk on us and then he shoots from 15 and 20 feet and i am amazed, it normally goes in.

Tim Duncan is the greatest now because of his smarts, the team around him and he will beat you. He want's nba titles and that's it. So he takes them. Garnett looks to me he even has more talent than Duncan. Simply amazing and i am not saying he is better but he has played with not many good players around him. Some of them sucked. Now look what he has and now he has a chance to not only show his great talent but also take nba titles.

Brevin Knight is smart. He takes care of the ball and his number one thing is to pass the ball cleanly to the other 4 players. Help them score. He does it good and he will make a big shot sometimes but they need a guy that can flat pass and take care of the ball. Those other 3 are great. Rondo is very good and very talented and i watched him in college. He sometimes gets out of control and he also of times wants to dunk on everybody or dribble and create for himself. He has the talent but the pg for this team needs to pass first to these great players.

In Boston now, it is no more one on one play. This is a team now. Center, oh me it is so thin pickens. Willis will probably needs crutches to play and i feel he is done. Mutombo, if he has anything left and does he? The guy can block the light from the sun. He is tall as the goal and his arms are taller than that plus he loved to block and get rebounds. A younger Mutombo, Boston would hardly lose a game but he again is old old and i am not sure what he has left but they do need a center to do the dirty work. We had Booth and he was just flat terrible the last time and he really sucked. Maybe it is more to choose from than those.

Boston will be good if they stay healthy. Pierce will have to learn to share the ball more and i feel he will. I feel Knight would be very good for that team. Boston might have to try to trade for a center and just a fair one. Do they have any money left to grab a PJ Brown?
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:53 PM   #3
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Stay healthy. They may need another 5 but in the East I think they could survive with Glen Davis or Scalabrine at the 5 spot. Not sure about Kendrick Perkins. Haven't seen him play. Only thing I know about him is that he was "Baby Shaq" coming into the league.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:10 PM   #4
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

With a name like Baby Shaq he's got to be good.

-- Harold "Baby Jordan" Miner & Randy "Mailman II" White
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:51 PM   #5
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Glen Davis should be ok and at one time Scalabrine could play and was good and something happened and you heard nothing of him and i think he was injured and never returned back to maybe what he was. I am not rally sure but he should be able to help also.

I agree that they need to stay healthy but we have said this for years about Phx. How long can Nash keep going and they can't win without Amare and who is that no name guy from Atlanta they got that can play 4 positions? So it does happen and i thought Phx bench was thin and if they ever had to have Banks play, they are sunk but Barbosa is good.

But comparring them to Nash is differ as he seems to be a superman and even Amare with that and bad injury to come back like he has. Those 3 need to stay healthy and they would have a shot at a title. Garnett is the main one and to have either Pierce or Allen healthy if one went down.

Boston gave up a slew of players but this is the last hoorah for Ainge. He was gone. Pierce should be happy that what they have done and also Garnett to give them a fighting chance at a title. MN has a slew of young talent also and it is their own fault if they do not bring these guys along and contend in 2 to 3 years. Now every year they can get a bigger name player and be freed up with some money but please, trade Thudson for a 6 pack of Diet Coke and wash your hands with him. He sux.

I will have to give Boston fans credit as i would listen to the draft every year and i would say who? When they drafted and why? Boston fans would say we are going to be great next year and the who's never panned out and they just sucked. Boston use to be so good and smart and made great decisons and then they took lesson from the Hawks and drafted nobody's and want-a-bees. This makes sense and now i can see what they have done and even on raw talent, even if they knew no plays or never played together, they are a big time threat because all 3 are some of the top best players in the nba. Get Brevin Knight and stay healthy and you coud very well win the east and this comes from around last place before you got Allen, then with him it was from a 5 to 9 spot. So that was barely in or not. Now Boston goes from 1 to 5 and no worse.

I also think Chicago has taken Miami's place as Miami is older and worse. Cavs get Bibby and what a battle in the east and Detroit will be way up there again like every year and a two teams on the rise is Orlando and Toronto.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:55 PM   #6
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelNegro
With a name like Baby Shaq he's got to be good.

-- Harold "Baby Jordan" Miner & Randy "Mailman II" White
He threw Lamarcus around like a ragdoll.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:44 PM   #7
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

sign brevin knight and you're good to go in Boston

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:44 PM   #8
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

time will tell....
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:11 PM   #9
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

feast on the east.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:51 PM   #10
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

hopefully it'll be...

kg/pp/ray
jermaine/vc/kidd
gasol/thomas/gordon/hinrich

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:41 PM   #11
chanaw25

chanaw25 will become famous soon enough

Boston signed journyman guard Eddie house for one year 1.5 million. Leaving them with a 3.8 mil MLE. they also added another guard Jackie Manual for an undisclosed amount. as it looks right now the celtics will have 14 players (including the unsigned Glen davis and pruitt). as it sounds right now troy hudson might be joining the celtics after his buy out from the timberwolves. if that happens i wouldnt be suprised if the celtics do not sign pruitt and go after a center. and if they dont they will have a very nice guard rotation and only one player ive seen that can play the center position with any kind of success in kendrick perkins.
chanaw25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:31 PM   #12
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
sign brevin knight and you're good to go in Boston
Why sign Brevin Knight when you have a younger version of him on the roster in Rondo? Neither can shoot. If they are going to get a point guard then i'd like to think it wouldn't be the same type of pg as Rondo is. I honestly think Rondo can handle the load though.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:37 PM   #13
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Why sign Brevin Knight when you have a younger version of him on the roster in Rondo? Neither can shoot. If they are going to get a point guard then i'd like to think it wouldn't be the same type of pg as Rondo is. I honestly think Rondo can handle the load though.
I like Rondo. He has a lot of room to get better. But if they could add Brevin they would have more security. As a backup to Rondo, Brevin would be great for them.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:07 PM   #14
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

I like this for Boston...

The C’s, who now have 13 players on their roster, can add two more. One is expected to be a big man, with veteran 7-footer Dikembe Mutombo, 41,a possibility...

While Boston entering luxury tax territory is not good news for team accountants, it may make ownership more willing to spend a considerable amount to acquire free agents such as Brevin Knight and Dikembe Mutombo.

-----------------------------------------

If they get Knight and Mutombo, now go for a title. I like the Eddie House move also. Miami with Pat Riley bought a nba title. They grabbed Shaq, Mourning, Posey, Williams and slapped a team together and Payton and beat us. This was a one year thing. I agree Wade is the one that destroyed us and it is hard to buy a one year team and say ok, now you go win a title. The Fl Marlins did this in baseball and it is hard to do but Boston can possibly do this now.

I think they will contend for several years now and not be a one shot wonder as Miami was. It all hinged around Shaq and Mourning and then Wade. Shaq and Mourning are slowing down and Wade was hurt alot. Haslem was big for them also. Boston with all these great vets are younger than Shaq and Mourning and if they stay healthy or 75% of them, they can compete for a title the next 3 to 5 years or so.

I like what they have done. If they lose now, it is not Danny Ainge's fault. Now the coach and coaching staff must produce.

You talking about some battles, Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Orlando, and even New Jersey with Magloire. Miami is a mystery but i feel they have fallen back and a year older. The Bucks have a talented team and they did screw up getting Yi as he doesn't want to play there. They need to package him up and ship him to Phx, Lakers, or Golden State as all these teams want him bad and pick them up another good player they need.

Boston fans can be happy now because they have a shot now.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:58 PM   #15
scorched03

scorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the rough

i think boston needs a fat center that clogs the lane and gets rebounds and blocks shots and a skinny beanpole defender that is a pf/c type that can block shots...ratliff?

then i think they're good. i wonder if ratliff will be dropped and c's can pick him back up?
scorched03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 11:05 PM   #16
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorched03
skinny beanpole defender that is a pf/c type that can block shots...ratliff?
hmmm....sounds like you are describing...Garnett?...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:23 AM   #17
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

ratliff isnt a beanpole?

beanpole = bradley