Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-09-2010, 11:12 PM   #1281
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Sure you can. One word, and it rhymes with "thighs."
Size, is that it?

Let's see what kind of conviction you have. I would have bet you at even money, but you say that's a sucker's bet. So, what should it be? Two to one? Three? Four or more?

How sure are you? You name the bet.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2010, 11:14 PM   #1282
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I offer my $10 to your $50. Proceeds go to d-m.com.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:23 PM   #1283
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Straight up on the series? I'll take your $10 to my $25, proceeds to d-m.com

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:32 PM   #1284
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Straight up on the series? I'll take your $10 to my $25, proceeds to d-m.com
Done.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:34 PM   #1285
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sure you can. One word, and it rhymes with "thighs."
I would have figured that it would rhyme with blow-me.

But yours works too.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:37 PM   #1286
phxsuns

phxsuns is a jewel in the roughphxsuns is a jewel in the roughphxsuns is a jewel in the roughphxsuns is a jewel in the rough

SWEEP!

Damn that felt good to do it to the Spurs. I can't wait to see all the ESPN "experts" with eggs on their faces tommorrow. They won't know what to do with themselves. Only Legler, Hollinger, and Barkley picked the Suns to win this series. Everyone else needed a refresher course on who was the second best team in the NBA in the second half. We are now 36-9 since late January (only the Magic has a better record since).

I expect more of the same in the Laker series. I've already heard some comments about how we're going to get killed, as if the Lakers have been playing like the 96 Bulls and we're chopped liver. Bring them on. We haven't lost two games in a row since January 26th. I seriously doubt the Lakers will take the first two games against us, but we'll see. They'll have to play their butts off to beat us just as we'll have to best them. Nothing is going to be easy. Talent alone does not win you a series. A lot can happen. We have as good of a chance as anyone.

Last edited by phxsuns; 05-09-2010 at 11:48 PM.
phxsuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:37 AM   #1287
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Done.
I LIKE IT

But ya, I'm with kg. Good to read that the Spurs got swept.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:38 AM   #1288
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxsuns View Post
SWEEP!

Damn that felt good to do it to the Spurs. I can't wait to see all the ESPN "experts" with eggs on their faces tommorrow. They won't know what to do with themselves. Only Legler, Hollinger, and Barkley picked the Suns to win this series. Everyone else needed a refresher course on who was the second best team in the NBA in the second half. We are now 36-9 since late January (only the Magic has a better record since).

I expect more of the same in the Laker series. I've already heard some comments about how we're going to get killed, as if the Lakers have been playing like the 96 Bulls and we're chopped liver. Bring them on. We haven't lost two games in a row since January 26th. I seriously doubt the Lakers will take the first two games against us, but we'll see. They'll have to play their butts off to beat us just as we'll have to best them. Nothing is going to be easy. Talent alone does not win you a series. A lot can happen. We have as good of a chance as anyone.
This kind of confidence can bring some awfully delicious moments for us good guys on your enemies forum.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:49 AM   #1289
JCmasta

JCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the rough

If the suns win the title i'll quit watching the NBA entirely. I'd rather LBJ and KOBE have the next 5-6 championships than have the SUNS breakthrough before us.
JCmasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:52 AM   #1290
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCmasta View Post
If the suns win the title i'll quit watching the NBA entirely. I'd rather LBJ and KOBE have the next 5-6 championships than have the SUNS breakthrough before us.
Why is that?
Old 05-10-2010, 02:23 AM   #1291
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

If the Suns win a title, I would continue to watch the NBA. I like it when teams win that aren't David Stern darlings ... (Lakers/Kobe, Spurs/Duncan ... etc.)
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:47 AM   #1292
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Its alot easier to root* for the Suns since Dan and Tony aren't sitting on the bench.

*I don't really "root" for anybody not named the Mavs, but you know what I mean. My order of preference is:

Suns
Cleveland
Orlando
Natural disaster and or political instability causing the NBA finals to be canceled.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 05-10-2010 at 02:49 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:49 AM   #1293
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
Its alot easier to root* for the Suns since Dan and Tony aren't sitting on the bench.

*I don't really "root" for anybody not named the Mavs, but you know what I mean.
Don't forget Mike. I think he was the worst of all.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:04 AM   #1294
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I am looking forward to a Suns-Magic final. Both teams play a style of basketball I like to watch. LeBron and Kobe are great to watch as individual players, but they have a lot of teammates I don't like watching, quite a lot of them actually: Gasol, Fisher, Artest, Walton, Farmar, Varejao, Jamison, Ilgauskas, O'Neal... can't stand any of them.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:46 AM   #1295
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

I'm actually happy for Nash an hill and am pulling for the suns now. I thought that elbow to Nash would have been another fluke stroke of bad luck that has plagued the suns against the spurs for the past few years - nash's cut that wouldn't close, the suspensions of Diaw and stoudemire for taking one step off the bench, etc.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:58 PM   #1296
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Lakers ripped the Jazz a new one in the first half.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:58 AM   #1297
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

My little contribution to the world of writing about the NBA

http://www.yoursportstake.com/NBA/NB...welearned.html
Quote:
We are pretty much at the halfway point for the playoffs and we’re seeing some pretty dominant teams emerge and teams that are about ready to hit the
panic button. These series have huge implications in regards to the rest of the playoffs, while for certain players they can decide if they want to make
another run with their current squad or see if the grass is greener on the other side. Let’s take a look at what we’ve learned through the Conference
Semi-Finals headed towards the Conference Finals.

This isn’t your older brother’s Phoenix Suns team
For the past six years, the Suns have been a run and gun team with very little defense and the Spurs have been the roadblock in their way. Phoenix is
now headed to the Western Conference Finals and rectified some nasty historical statistics. Teams up 2-0 in best-of-7 series have gone on to win the
series 93.9% of the time in NBA history. Ironically, the last two times the Suns have lead 2-0 in the Conference Semis, they lost in seven. They were
able to change the past with timely defense now and have enough scoring depth and incredible offensive execution with Steve Nash leading the
charge. He’s actually led the Suns in scoring averaging 19.5 points and 7.8 assists in the series. The Spurs shot themselves in the foot with their
inability to make free throws. During the season their free throw percentage was 74% and in the playoffs it’s dropped below 70%. Tim Duncan and
Tony Parker hovered around the 50% range. You can’t win if two of your three best players are missing that many free throws. The road ends
here for the Spurs, they’re going to have to take a hard look at their roster and determine what’s next for the aging team. They won’t blow the roster up,
but they’re going to have to consider an overhaul to their supporting cast and start developing new core players.

It’s not magic, Orlando is just that good
Orlando is making incredibly short work of these playoffs, they swept the Bobcats and look primed to sweep Atlanta or only go five games. After
Orlando's Game 3 rout, the Magic have notched the second-highest scoring differential through the first three games of an NBA playoff series. The
Lakers +31.7 differential over the Spurs in the first round of the 1986 playoffs is the only differential that stands above Orlando’s +29 over the Hawks in
this series. The Magic have four players averaging at least 17 points in the series, while Atlanta doesn’t have anyone averaging at least 17 points.
Multiple players for the Hawks have chimed in and said that the Magic are a team built for the playoffs and that it will basically take a perfect game to
beat Orlando, that doesn’t bode well in terms of building confidence for your roster. Anything can happen but it’s pretty safe to assume Orlando will
make it back to the East Finals since no NBA team has ever come back from being down 0-3. Really the first test for Orlando will be when they face
either Cleveland or Boston and they put up a fight. The Magic has been the team throwing and landing the first punch in the opening two series, how
will they react when they are hit first?

Everything is Zen in LA
You might actually learn the fate of the Lakers in a playoff series based on what happens as early as the very first game since Phil Jackson is their
coach. The “Zen Master” is 45-0 all-time in the playoffs when his team wins the first game of a series and he is 34-0 when his teams take a 2-0 lead.
When you add that to the fact the Lakers are 40-1 all-time when leading a best-of-seven series 2-0, you might as well label the Jazz DOA. The Lakers
are just dominating the Jazz and Kobe Bryant is a major factor but the major reason they are crushing the Jazz is due to their size. Andrew Bynum, Pau
Gasol, and Lamar Odom are averaging 38 points and 35.7 rebounds in this series. Utah just doesn’t have the size to combat the big three in LA. It
appears we are gearing up for a Lakers/Suns showdown in the West Finals. The Lakers won the season series 3-1, with one of the victories taking
place without the services of Pau Gasol. The Suns have faced the Lakers twice in the playoffs over the past five years and won both of those series.

Rondo will push the Cavs to the limit
As we mentioned here on yoursportstake.com, the future has arrived with the emergence of Rajon Rondo for the Boston Celtics. The point guard didn’t
disappoint in game 4 with a triple double: 29 points, 18 rebounds and 13 assists and that was enough to push the series between the Celtics and the
Cavaliers to a best-of-three showdown. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Rondo is only the third player in playoff history to reach the 29, 18, 13
plateau. Oscar Robertson had 32 points, 19 rebounds and 13 assists in 1963, and Wilt Chamberlain had 29 points, 36 rebounds and 13 assists in
1967. This was his fourth postseason triple double and that puts him in second place behind Larry Bird (10) in Boston Celtics playoff history. All things
considered, I would say that put Rondo in elite company. Cleveland needs a consistent second start to emerge in a hurry if they want to avoid being
knocked out by Boston. This was a concern for Cleveland in their opening round series against Chicago. They’re getting caught up in watching LeBron
try to attack the Celtics and they allow him to go 1 on 5. It’s not going to work against the elite teams in the playoffs. There is a lot riding on the line for
Cleveland this year and they can’t afford to lose in the Conference Semi-Finals.

The Summer of ’10 is looming
If you don’t know, the free agency period during this offseason could be incredibly crazy. You have free agents such as LeBron James, Dwayne Wade,
Chris Bosh, Joe Johnson, Carlos Boozer and Ray Allen on the open market. Then you have players like Dirk Nowitzki, Amare Stoudemire, and Paul
Pierce who could opt-out of their contracts and enter free agency. It’s an all-star wish-list for general managers this summer. This offseason, the
league will see the biggest and best free agency pool the league has seen in years. The big question will be which players bolt and jump to a new
team? Players tend to stay because it’s a familiar situation and better money, but players like LeBron, Wade, Joe Johnson, and Bosh might be more
eager to leave because their teams aren’t performing at a great rate or might not be on the path towards a championship. You have teams like the
Knicks, Bulls, Heat, Wizards, and Clippers who have a ton of cap space to sign big-name free agents. The thing with those teams is for the most part,
most of them are terrible. They might be bad but if you could get LeBron James AND Dwayne Wade on your team, things look incredibly better for your
organization. Early exits in the playoffs for Joe Johnson and Dwayne Wade could mean a change in scenery for those two guys. If the Cavaliers lose to
the Celtics in the Conference Semis, “King James” may be looking to move his throne to a new castle.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 05-11-2010 at 01:13 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:05 AM   #1298
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all

One criticism about the article (I hope you don't mind): About the summer of '10 you didn't mention sign & trade possibilities that good, over the cap teams could use to land big time players (such as Dallas or Houston). Other than that - good article!
Old 05-11-2010, 01:13 AM   #1299
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for reading it.
Yeah, it is something I missed but that was kind of a "teaser"
I'm going to write an entire article or a couple breaking it all down and etc. I just wanted to throw it out there now since some of the bigger players involved look like they're about to get bounced. It's a mix of information for the casual fan as well as the die-hard fan.

Again, thank you reading it...you can check out some of my other stuff on the website, I'd appreciate it if you gave it a look!
Old 05-11-2010, 01:25 AM   #1300
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Thanks for reading it.
Yeah, it is something I missed but that was kind of a "teaser"
I'm going to write an entire article or a couple breaking it all down and etc. I just wanted to throw it out there now since some of the bigger players involved look like they're about to get bounced. It's a mix of information for the casual fan as well as the die-hard fan.

Again, thank you reading it...you can check out some of my other stuff on the website, I'd appreciate it if you gave it a look!
I'll read it as long as you say good stuff about the Mavs...
Old 05-11-2010, 01:29 AM   #1301
KINGBEEF

KINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Rockets Fan View Post
I'll read it as long as you say good stuff about the Mavs...
well make a sig that'll get the Celtics to beat the Cavs. So Lebron will leave Cleveland
Old 05-11-2010, 02:08 AM   #1302
LonghornDub

Good article BG.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:35 PM   #1303
BGMaverick9
Guru

Thanks guys!
Old 05-11-2010, 06:12 PM   #1304
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/wan/1734814253.html
Old 05-11-2010, 06:19 PM   #1305
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
ouch. but funny.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:03 PM   #1306
SCOOTERJ55

SCOOTERJ55 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow Celtics beating down the Cavs. Ray Allen 5/7 three pointers, Lebron 1-7 from the field so far.

It's really going to be Magic vs Lakers again?
SCOOTERJ55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:04 PM   #1307
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

good. go celts.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:38 PM   #1308
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

They just said Rondo is a math wiz. He does look like a little nerd. Just put some black rim glasses on him and he'll have his lunch money taken away from him on the daily.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:25 PM   #1309
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
They just said Rondo is a math wiz. He does look like a little nerd. Just put some black rim glasses on him and he'll have his lunch money taken away from him on the daily.
He´d be too quick. They wouldn´t catch him.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:31 PM   #1310
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOOTERJ55 View Post
Wow Celtics beating down the Cavs. Ray Allen 5/7 three pointers, Lebron 1-7 from the field so far.

It's really going to be Magic vs Lakers again?
yessir..cavs are overated.all they got is like lebron.reminds me of dallas.all we got is dirk.
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:59 AM   #1311
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

LeBron has a damn good supporting cast. Certainly better than Dirk's. In EVERY loss this series, LBJ has been pure, unmitigated garbage (He's been fantastic in the two wins though). If they lose the series, it has to be on his shoulders.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:07 AM   #1312
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf ... ton_4.html

"It has further become problematic that James has been disengaged during the games. Not only has he fallen into the trap of "letting the game come to him," but he's been increasingly distant. In huddles he's looking at the ceiling or into the distance. It is not the James anyone on the team knows and his teammates and coaches have seen it. More problematic, they can't explain it and that is making the entire locker room uneasy. "

"Let's start with coach Mike Brown, since that is where many of the fans have started. There are several players who are upset with him and how he's handled his rotations during the playoffs, sticking guys in and yanking them out of the lineups."

"After nearly a month of it, tempers have flared. There were a number of angry players Sunday in Boston. They were displacing their frustration over the loss on the coach and not on the lacking effort they clearly put forth."

"Also, Brown seems to be searching during games without any real plan of what to do. The players can sense this and it undermines him to a certain degree."

----------------------------------------------------------------

I've also read conspiracy theories that LBJ is deliberately tanking the series as a crutch to leave the Cavs this off-season.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:52 AM   #1313
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Who would have thought a couple of weeks ago that the Celtics had a realistic shot at beating Cleveland? Prior to the season I expected the Celts to be the favorites to win the championship again only to find them look old and saturated throughout the season. Apparently, that was just the slow prelude to their campaign. Stepping it up in the playoffs--quite crucial.

Could be an interesting offseason if the Cavs went out this early and made it easier for LeBron to walk.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:58 AM   #1314
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice read:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...broncavs051210

Thats why i wouldnt jump up and down if James comes to Dallas. I just dont like him at all.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:04 AM   #1315
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
LeBron has a damn good supporting cast. Certainly better than Dirk's. In EVERY loss this series, LBJ has been pure, unmitigated garbage (He's been fantastic in the two wins though). If they lose the series, it has to be on his shoulders.
Their supporting cast isn't that good. Mo Williams has sucked this series. Jamison has been ok but plays no d. After that? I mean, Shaq was their leading scorer last night. They haven't much off of an offense on that roster outside of James.

Lebron has to know that Cleveland isn't good enough to win the championship. It looks like he has given up. Even if they get past Boston, there is no way Cleveland realistically beats Orlando or LA.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:14 AM   #1316
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Their supporting cast isn't that good. Mo Williams has sucked this series. Jamison has been ok but plays no d. After that? I mean, Shaq was their leading scorer last night. They haven't much off of an offense on that roster outside of James.

Lebron has to know that Cleveland isn't good enough to win the championship. It looks like he has given up. Even if they get past Boston, there is no way Cleveland realistically beats Orlando or LA.
Well, except for the fact they beat up on LA twice this year. This year they added Shaq to matchup with Dwight Howard. And they got Jamison to help LeBron offensively. Also this year they added Anthony Parker and Jamario Moon to help defend the Orlando wings. The purpose of these acquisitions to help defeat Orlando (imo).

My point is that talent-wise they are good enough to beat anyone. What I saw yesterday was a complete choke job by LeBron & the Cavs. Any team that loses by 32 points with the series tied 2-2 doesn't have the drive, passion, or heart to go far in the playoffs. We'll see how they respond in Game 6.

Last edited by Mavericks Rockets Fan; 05-12-2010 at 09:16 AM.
Mavericks Rockets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:15 AM   #1317
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
This.

LeBron is 1 game away from becoming a free agent and it seems like he can't wait for it to happen...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:29 AM   #1318
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Rockets Fan View Post
My point is that talent-wise they are good enough to beat anyone. What I saw yesterday was a complete choke job by LeBron & the Cavs. Any team that loses by 32 points with the series tied 2-2 doesn't have the drive, passion, or heart to go far in the playoffs. We'll see how they respond in Game 6.
Let's say that Rajon Rondo is Boston's best player for argument's sake (he is IMO)...Rondo's supporting cast is KG, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and Rasheed Wallace....that far out talents the players that surrounds James. You're right about the heart and passion...but don't kid yourself...Cavs just simply aren't as talented as the Celts overall. And they aren't as talented as the Magic or Lakers IMO, either.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 05-12-2010 at 10:30 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:04 PM   #1319
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

I am so glad that LeBron is finally getting a taste of what Dirk experiences every year - being blamed, doubted, and questioned for not being able to single-handedly carry his team to the championship.

The difference is, Dirk doesn't actually suck it up like LeBron did (what a joyous, joyous slaughter it was), so the Dirk-hate is even more undeserved.
iella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:25 PM   #1320
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

LeBron has to leave Cleveland this offseason, there's no future for him in that city. He's underperformed in this series, but that still doesn't change the fact that he's surrounded by a mediocre supporting cast and playing for a mediocre coach despite all of Cleveland's trade activity.

As a Mavs fan, I'm glad to see another big name free agent on the market. Even if he doesn't come here, maybe it will increase our chances at Wade.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 05-12-2010 at 12:32 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, bagdoucheclutchfest, cadbane=exaggerator, crawford bros finals mvp, gay tags, i'm the clutchest, mavsbansuxcadbane, tag clustershag, ur the clutchest d-bag, you´re a clutchebag