Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 04-08-2010, 08:14 AM   #121
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
yeah, not sure if I understand the logic behind this..better ratings perhaps? since when do same conference teams trade such a big-named player. recipe for disaster?
we can only hope.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2010, 08:30 AM   #122
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
I'ld rather have Jason Campbell than D. McScab.
That's because you're an idiot.

McNabb might be a has-been, but Campbell is a will-never-be...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-08-2010 at 08:30 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:35 AM   #123
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

but he is younger and cheaper for basically the same expected production at this point. Perhaps the Skins can sign George Blanda as back up (and maybe even for less than $12 mil/year!)
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:25 AM   #124
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

In all seriousness here, anyone that is genuinely saying that they would rather have Campbell over McNabb is, well, as Underdog so eloquently pointed out, an idiot.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:14 PM   #125
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

I have always felt that McScab was OVERRATED!!!

Sure a good QB, but no where near the greatness that he's hyped up to be...

When Garcia and Kolb can put up similar or better numbers with the same players...I tend to believe that others contributed to the mild success of that organization and that McScabb simply was in the right place at the right time.

Now I don't blame McScabb, but rather an over zealous and hungry fan base and media hype machine. Those folks in green are so desperate for a winner, and especially a winner who can beat Dallas that they overreact to a sniff of success...but alas, they are playing for 2nd best behind the #1 Cowboys...just as the deadskins...so it makes since to trade a neverwas to be the deadskins hasbeen.

Campbell on the other had has shown an ability to do well, lot's of potential...but saddly very little talent around him...perhaps one can look to Mr. Snyder for such a failed organization...I'm hoping Campbell lands on a quality organization and shows the type of success that he can provide to a team.

McScabb has always had one thing going against him, and it'll be difficult for me to ever give him credit for anything positive...he's GREEN...in otherwords, he is the face of the Eagles, and now he's with the Redskins.

There is NO team in any sport that I hate more than the Eagles!!! I would rather kiss Obama's arse than to root for a Philly Eagle...if that let's you know how much I dislike that organization.

So yes, I'm biased in my dislike of McScabb!!! An idiot...perhaps, but aren't we all idiots for voicing opinions on a message board...like anything any of us say really matters?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #126
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
An idiot...perhaps, but aren't we all idiots for voicing opinions on a message board...like anything any of us say really matters?
My words part the sea - so speak for yourself.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:28 PM   #127
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

I think McNabb is (was) an vastly under-rated qb. we was really damn good sometimes.

and i also think it was idiotic for the Skins to sign him (even WITHOUT giving up a 2nd and 3rd round pic for him).

Minnesota last year... basically a qb away from being a serious contender... get 'er done!

the redskins have perhaps the most suspect O-line in the entire league... how is putting a 34 year-old behind them going to improve that? A second round RT and a third round OG could seriously improve that team. switching Cambell on his ass behind that crap line for McNabb on his ass behind that crap line is no change whatsoever... and by the time they DO improve that line... McNabb will be 36 years old and in a wheelchair.

(on a side note, Cambell is actually much more similar to a young mcnabb than people give him credit for, although he has been used crappily. He is tough as nails and and actually surprisingly athletic (he SURVIVED last season... few qbs coulda done that) and he has a cannon for an arm. He doesn't make that many "kill you" mistakes. What he does is take too long to make a read (much like Mc Nab was criticized for as a youngster) If you gave him a decent line and a real coach, he would be a fine decent middle of the pack qb... say the 12th to 17th best qb in the league. give those same tools to a 34 y o mcnabb, and what will you have? the 8th to 15th best qb in the league? i dunno? how about a 35 yo mcnabb? 36?
Old 04-08-2010, 09:01 PM   #128
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

mcnabb is overrated, if anything.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:50 AM   #129
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i kinda wish brooking would keep his mouth shut. don't get me wrong, he has played well for us, but..at the same time..it's not like he is demarcus ware or some ridiculous pro bowler...just sayin
Old 04-12-2010, 09:26 AM   #130
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX View Post
i kinda wish brooking would keep his mouth shut. don't get me wrong, he has played well for us, but..at the same time..it's not like he is demarcus ware or some ridiculous pro bowler...just sayin
Where did this even come from?

By the way - no comments about Texas Stadium being no more? It happened yesterday and that officially marks the end of an era. A helluva good era too. Crazy to see something I have been in so many times just drop to the ground like that.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:26 AM   #131
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What???

Brooking had the second-most tackles on the team, not to mention he's become the heart & soul of our defense - players love him.

Plus, how could you want less of this:
Quote:
"We're gonna keep hitting 'em, we're gonna keep hitting 'em! They might get back up. Then we're gonna hit 'em again! And when they're barely hanging on ... What're we gonna do? We're gonna hit 'em in the mouth! We're gonna bloody their nose! We're gonna knock 'em to the ground!" -Keith Brooking

Last edited by Underdog; 04-12-2010 at 09:26 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:27 AM   #132
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
What???

Brooking had the second-most tackles on the team, not to mention he's become the heart & soul of our defense - players love him.

Man - we called him out seconds apart. Great minds...

Old 04-12-2010, 09:28 AM   #133
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male28Dan View Post
By the way - no comments about Texas Stadium being no more? It happened yesterday and that officially marks the end of an era. A helluva good era too. Crazy to see something I have been in so many times just drop to the ground like that.
All my memories went up in a cloud of smoke...

Old 04-12-2010, 09:29 AM   #134
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

How do you dislike this?
Old 04-12-2010, 09:47 AM   #135
Underdog

Quote:
Yeah, I just searched the interwebs for Keith Brooking news because I thought I'd missed something.

MavsX has some 'splainin' to do...

Old 04-12-2010, 10:19 AM   #136
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Agreed...Good Bye to Texas Stadium...so many memories, either in person or via some broadcast.

Looking forward to making new memories with the new Cowboys Stadium!!!

As for Brooking...it's about time we have a player who can talk trash and back it up on the field!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:18 PM   #137
MavsX
Diamond Member

dp

Last edited by MavsX; 04-12-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:20 PM   #138
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:

haha. Maybe this is a few days late. I just remember recently that the TE for the Eagles was responding to comments made by Brooking. I think his name is Celek, was just saying how he can't wait to play us and yada yada yada. I guess i just saying it would be nice to not have a target on our backs for next season. That's what i meant.

Also, it is sad that texas stadium is gone. I mean we do have a bigger and better place to play, but still lots of memories.

Quote:
What???

I know i know i was just talking about trying to not have a target on our backs. that's all
Quote:
How do you dislike this?

That video is sweet, and in fact i just added it to my youtube favorites, so that when we play the skins this year i can broadcast that video out to all the idiot skins fans

Quote:
Yeah, I just searched the interwebs for Keith Brooking news because I thought I'd missed something.

MavsX has some 'splainin' to do...
are you two happy?
Old 04-12-2010, 04:01 PM   #139
Underdog

Quote:
I guess i just saying it would be nice to not have a target on our backs for next season. That's what i meant.
Um, putting on a Cowboys uniform in the first place is like putting a target on your back...

Brooking is just getting his money's worth.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-12-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:48 PM   #140
MavsX
Diamond Member

thats true
Old 04-12-2010, 11:15 PM   #141
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
thats true
Quitter...

Old 04-14-2010, 12:38 PM   #142
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

No one is talking about all of this hilarious Jerry stuff?
Old 04-14-2010, 01:27 PM   #143
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Just Jerrah being Jerrah... Whiskey talking - nothing to see here, move along........
Old 04-14-2010, 01:30 PM   #144
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
No one is talking about all of this hilarious Jerry stuff?
Whoa, what did I miss?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:50 PM   #145
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Whoa, what did I miss?
oh yeah, i forgot about that. it's just jerry wasted saying that parcells isn't worth a sh*t and that he brought him in to sell tickets (aka build the new stadium) and that he wouldn't draft tim tebow because he would never play.

thats pretty much it
Old 04-14-2010, 01:54 PM   #146
MavsX
Diamond Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...e=NFLHeadlines

Jerry video link, well it's just the article not the actual video. deadspin.com has the video

Last edited by MavsX; 04-14-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:08 PM   #147
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

i hope they do a trade for Gaither out of Baltimore. Would love to have him here, especially seeing as there probably won't be a tackle around the spot the Cowboys pick in the 1st or 2nd.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:14 PM   #148
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

D2K...requesting your opinions on:

1) the McNabb trade
2) who you like in the first three rounds for the Cowboys
3) Tim Tebow's future in the NFL
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:15 AM   #149
mcsluggo
Golden Member

my opinion on the McNabb trade is that it sucks for both teams.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:49 PM   #150
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Can the Cowboys get Dez Bryant?

or should they wait later on for a guy like Shipley?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:16 PM   #151
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Can the Cowboys get Dez Bryant?

or should they wait later on for a guy like Shipley?
They can if they trade up, which is being discussed all over the place. That is definitely the sexy option on the table, but it just depends how far we have to move and what pieces have to be included.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:03 AM   #152
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

The really crappy thing about this year's draft is that the Cowboys' position is *so much* dictated by what happens ahead of them. If they were drafting ten spots higher, it would be so much easier to lock all the strategies in. As it is, it's a crapshoot.

If Bryant is sitting there at 20, for example, do you really even need to move up? He might drop right to you. Or you might get a sweetheart deal if you stay at 27 from a team that is itching to move up--for Colt McCoy, maybe...especially if the Rams decide to go with DT with their first?

Then again, Bryant may not slide past the Bengals at 21 or the Pats at 22. Who knows?

I'm a fan of trade up or trade down, based on what I'm reading about what might be available when they draft. The exception being: I turn in Taylor Mays on my draft card in a heart beat if I'm sitting at 27 and he is available there.

On another note, if I'm the Rams I try like hell to land both Suh and McCoy without it costing me a whole lot. I think Suh and McCoy is far, far greater than Bradford.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:36 AM   #153
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
On another note, if I'm the Rams I try like hell to land both Suh and McCoy without it costing me a whole lot. I think Suh and McCoy is far, far greater than Bradford.
When Goose was on with Norm yesterday, one of them said something about how amazing it would be to have Bryant opposite Miles. I don't Bryant's game at all...but would LOVE for the Boys to get a great #2 WR option.

But I would also be VERY happy if they stayed at 27 and got super value like Mays (who also fills a need) and then get a guy like Shipley in the second or third. (I think Shipley could be a real solid #2 WR)

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 04-21-2010, 09:16 AM   #154
Underdog

If we move up in the draft, my money is on Martellus Bennett being used as the trade fodder...

Old 04-21-2010, 09:17 AM   #155
sike
The Preacha

Gosselin's top 100 http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...0.3f50970.html

Old 04-21-2010, 09:18 AM   #156
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
If we move up in the draft, my money is on Martellus Bennett being used as the trade fodder...
Very happy with that prospect if it gets us Bryant.

Goose said this is the deepest draft for TE he has ever seen.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:22 AM   #157
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Wow, there's a whole lot of names we could use before pick #27...

Last edited by Underdog; 04-21-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:29 AM   #158
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Wow, there's a whole lot of names we could use before pick #27...
Goose has Bryant slipping to us at 27, which I think is a joke. Someone will gobble up a top 10 talent WR before that.

RIGHT??!!

Old 04-21-2010, 10:31 AM   #159
MavsX
Diamond Member

i've heard that bruce campbell is a good choice for the cowboys. he is out of maryland. i think hes like 6' 6" and 310 lbs
Old 04-21-2010, 10:41 AM   #160
Underdog

Quote:
i've heard that bruce campbell is a good choice for the cowboys. he is out of maryland. i think hes like 6' 6" and 310 lbs
AWESOME!!!

Tags
cowboys, cowfluffs, dallas, deep thoughts by fluffy, dezbians, draft, off-season