Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-22-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
jamyoa

jamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these parts
Angry Rick's poor rotations!

Rick doesn't even trust his own shadow, much less trust to put Roddy B., or Deshawn S. in last nite's game. We desparetly needed a big spark in last nite's game and Roddy woud've gave u that.(Y DOES RICK CONT. TO GO WITH THE SAME GROUP WHEN THEY CONT. TO STINK IT UP?) No effort, no defense ect... Pop has trust in his players and that's y he has 4 rings. I think he's the best coach in the N.B.A. Yes, I hate the Spurs, but that's a fact. Back to Rick! I think u will c some diff. players in game 3, not because of Rick wanting to insert them in, but because of Mark C. Trust me! Mark will let Rick know that something better change before game 3. or else! We know what happened to Avery and Cuban has the $ to fire n hire another coach. If Rick was a better coach the Mavs! could've finish 1st. in the west, but wait he doesn't trust his bench Roddy, Stevenson ect... He's way overrated!
jamyoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2010, 02:48 PM   #2
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know about everyone else, but I am completely on board with the fact that you know more about basketball than an NBA coach.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:50 PM   #3
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Is it a genuine learning disability, or do you think you are text messaging people who understand you?
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:59 PM   #4
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

I totally agree with you. I have noticed RC problem in relation to his rotations and player utilizations early last season. He is just an XX and 00 type of coach who can't think on the fly. His mind works too slowly. He doesn't recognize the developing patterns in each individual game untill it is too late. I think he might impress people with theory in converstations ( which he probably did with Cuban ) but in practice he is entirely too slow witted. He also seems to possess a stubberness when it comes too his preconcieved perspectives and sticks with them too long. He is way over his head. I noticed last year that he often isn't even watching the game being played but just looks down at his note book. I just hope Mark see's the light before long and dumps him.

He is also a horrible developmental coach for young players which is why he playes mostly veterens. Green who was not the smartest of players last year actually got worse under RC. His shortcomings are sort of hidden by the veterens on the team ( Dirk, Kidd, etc.) but once they are gone we should hope RC is gone also.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:16 PM   #5
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmtalk View Post
I totally agree with you. I have noticed RC problem in relation to his rotations and player utilizations early last season. He is just an XX and 00 type of coach who can't think on the fly. His mind works too slowly. He doesn't recognize the developing patterns in each individual game untill it is too late. I think he might impress people with theory in converstations ( which he probably did with Cuban ) but in practice he is entirely too slow witted. He also seems to possess a stubberness when it comes too his preconcieved perspectives and sticks with them too long. He is way over his head. I noticed last year that he often isn't even watching the game being played but just looks down at his note book. I just hope Mark see's the light before long and dumps him.

He is also a horrible developmental coach for young players which is why he playes mostly veterens. Green who was not the smartest of players last year actually got worse under RC. His shortcomings are sort of hidden by the veterens on the team ( Dirk, Kidd, etc.) but once they are gone we should hope RC is gone also.
Outside of developing Artest, Jackson, O’Neal, Hamilton, Billups, and Al Harrington.

How about you go ahead and jump off the bandwagon and we'll call you when Rick's gone. I promise.

Really? For such a bright star, you wouldn't think he would be completely out of the league and playing for a freaking team in Russia right now.

Good God. It' the short bus thread.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:17 PM   #6
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Not playing Roddy is retarded.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:37 PM   #7
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

RC has to bring RB, otherwise i can´t see any - let´s say - surprising momentum, right now. RC has to act.
From my standpoint. If SA goes 2-1, 4 games are left and DAL has to win 3 of those.
So, if we loose @ SA, we are 90 % out.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:40 PM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

we win and Carlisle is awesome. We lose and its Carlisle's rotations? He threw out our best players and no one was performing. Call it motivation or gameplanning if you want but he put our best players and we got whupped on. The only other guys he could have played

Stevenson: we couldnt shoot, why would we want an offensively inept player out there when we couldnt score a basket?

Roddy: Some might say that he'd be a good change of pace but people forget how mistake-prone he still is. San Antonio is a team that will eat you alive if you make mistakes.

Carroll:
yeah...

Carlisle even saw how bad JJB was so limited his minutes as much as he could.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:52 PM   #9
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Roddy should have been getting minutes all season long. I didn't make my decision based on one game. The handling of Roddy has been reactionary the entire season. He's lightning in a bottle. He's got more capacity to be an effective, substantial contributor at both ends of the floor than JJ ever has.

But yeah, you guys are right. Carlisle was brilliant for sticking with the same rotation that was giving up layups all night and standing around on offense. The offense bogs down unbelievably when JJ is in.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:55 PM   #10
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Agreed about Stevenson and Carrolll...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Roddy: Some might say that he'd be a good change of pace but people forget how mistake-prone he still is. San Antonio is a team that will eat you alive if you make mistakes.
You mean eaten alive as in loosing 16-5 with 4:30 left in the 1st?

There were many long dry stretches where I felt it would have made sense to give Roddy a shot at creating a spark for the team. I guess we'll agree to disagree...
Old 04-22-2010, 03:58 PM   #11
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
Good God. It' the short bus thread.
Have you not seen a jamyoa thread before?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:35 PM   #12
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

I'll tell you what though, I sure wouldn't mind Stevenson at least getting a chance on Manu. Kidd, Marion and Butler aren't cutting it.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:29 PM   #13
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

Speaking of bogged down, the offense looked most bogged down last night when Dirk was in. Didn't we go on a big run in the second quarter when Dirk was resting? The Spurs seem to know how to neutralize Dirk, and when that happens our other players don't seem to know how to move without the ball effectively enough to break down the Spurs' defense.
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:37 PM   #14
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgfan View Post
Speaking of bogged down, the offense looked most bogged down last night when Dirk was in. Didn't we go on a big run in the second quarter when Dirk was resting? The Spurs seem to know how to neutralize Dirk, and when that happens our other players don't seem to know how to move without the ball effectively enough to break down the Spurs' defense.

The Spurs have neutralized Dirk to the tune of 28 PPG in the reg. season and 30 in the playoffs. They know how to neutralize everyone else if you look at their fg%s.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:52 PM   #15
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I think that had more to do with the Spurs' big guns on the bench.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:28 PM   #16
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Can we make it so that people with red boxes can't make threads? Thanks.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:03 PM   #17
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

wUt R ThOSe ReD BoXs nEwayz?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:09 PM   #18
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Can we make it so that people with red boxes can't make threads? Thanks.
brilliant.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:22 PM   #19
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
wUt R ThOSe ReD BoXs nEwayz?
LET'S TRADE THREE RED BOXES FOR LEBRON. I THINK CLEVELAND LACKS DEPTH THERE AND STUFF. THEN WE SHOULD GET RID OF CARLISLE BECAUSE HES UGLY. AND THEN WE DONT NEED ANY WHITE GERMAN STIFFS ON OUR TEAM...CUT THAT ONE DUDE!
Old 04-22-2010, 11:23 PM   #20
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
brilliant.
Did you expect anything less?
Old 04-23-2010, 12:05 AM   #21
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Have you not seen a jamyoa thread before?
When I unveil my thread diarrhea "ring of honor" later this year, he will have a pretty special place on it.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:01 PM   #22
ItGetzReal

ItGetzReal will become famous soon enoughItGetzReal will become famous soon enough

I was thinking today about the mavs slow starts in first quarters. First 5 mins of the game lineup should be Kidd, CB, Marion, Dirk, Damp. Then switch to small ball offense Kidd, JEt,CB, Matrix, Dirk. You would be hurt in rebounding but , your offense should put up close to 30 points in first quarter . Also defense should still hold up with CB and matrix switching on manu . kidd can guard RJ and Jet on parker. Dirk could guard duncan. I also thought about running Roddy, Jet, CB, Haywood, Damp to give dirk and kidd a few mins of rest. With roddys penetration it should open up scoring oppertunitys for damp or haywood to score and Jet and CB could spot up for jumpshot or baseline drives . What do you guys think?
ItGetzReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:50 PM   #23
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

You must spread some negative Reputation around before detracting it from Jamyoa again

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:22 PM   #24
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

you mean deducting?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:26 PM   #25
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

redacting?
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:25 PM   #26
iggymcfly

iggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really nice

Well, maybe the Carlisle defenders will get off the bandwagon after that ridiculous performance tonight. I mean he really had to play Barea the ENTIRE second half, not even giving him a rest while Butler and Marion sat rotting on the bench (not to mention Beaubois)? That's just ridiculous. I wouldn't mind if he just got fired in the middle of the series and we took our chances with an interim coach for the rest of the playoffs.
iggymcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:30 PM   #27
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Anyone defending Carlisle after tonight should be shot. Butler played like shit the first half no doubt, but benching him for the entire second half and letting Barea and Terry play the entire thing? That's just ridiculous coaching.

There's a reason he's been fired so many times folks...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:32 PM   #28
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

mavs are in a funk.

what happened to kidd?
mav4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:36 PM   #29
iggymcfly

iggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav4ever View Post
mavs are in a funk.

what happened to kidd?
He got tired playing 43 minutes since the backup PG had to play the last 32 minutes at shooting guard since the Mavs didn't have any other options at that position. Well except Jason Terry, Caron Butler, and Rodrigue Beaubois. But then if you played Terry at the 2, you'd have to play either Butler or Marion at the 3. They're definitely not top-caliber NBA players like JJ fucking Barea.

Seriously, I don't mind losing this series if it leads to Carlisle being fired, but if he comes back I don't even have any hope for next year. I'm just going to try to watch more college ball and hockey and stop caring about the Mavs so much.
iggymcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:45 PM   #30
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all

Here's an idea: Let Roddy play! Its not like we are stopping Parker right now. He went 10-16 for 23 points...
Old 04-24-2010, 01:12 AM   #31
ItGetzReal

ItGetzReal will become famous soon enoughItGetzReal will become famous soon enough

Damn we 1-17 with games reffed by Danny Crawford..... He took away dirks and one play and called offensive foul. The Mavs didn't play all that great , but don't screw us on big calls. It felt like dirk vs the spurs . Jason terry did a decent job , but no one else really stepped up. What happend to our team. We are always fighting ourselves out of a hole and never really in control. I don't know weather to blame the coach or the players. roddy only played like 3 damn mins and you pull him out ....wtf was that rick. Sorry guys really pissed atm.
ItGetzReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:14 AM   #32
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

FIRE CARILISE!!
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:47 AM   #33
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
FIRE CARILISE!!
This.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:06 AM   #34
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
RC has to bring RB, otherwise i can´t see any - let´s say - surprising momentum, right now. RC has to act.
From my standpoint. If SA goes 2-1, 4 games are left and DAL has to win 3 of those.
So, if we loose @ SA, we are 90 % out.
This. If we can take game 4, it's all open again. If we lose, the series is close to be over.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:55 AM   #35
frankvizza

frankvizza will become famous soon enough

i say if we loose this series its time to look for a new coach ,, also we have to figure who we want to keep marion or butler . butler at the 2 is killing us , so is jj ,so if i had to coach this team i would play kidd , roddy or terry at the sg , than marion or butler at small forward, dirk at the 4, and haywood and dirk at centre ,,damp is brutal
frankvizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:40 AM   #36
tcat075
Diamond Member

Let me make this totally clear: I have never, ever blamed Carlisle for a loss. Been mad at him, yes. But I think if he played his cards better, we would have won this game. If you don't believe that I've never said that, then I challenge you to go find a time where I said Carlisle's responsible. I have been, and still am, of the opinion that most people here underrate him, that his poor rotations he gets ripped for (and sometimes his poor rotations aren't really so, just the way fans view it as), and when he inserts people in the right places at the right time no one notices.

But playing JJ 31 and Butler 14 minutes? Unbelievable.

Butler played terrible, and he needed to be called out for his play. I think starting JJ, after a hot end to the 1st half, was both a callout of Butler and made perfect sense because of JJ's good play. I assumed that JJ would play 6-8 minutes, then Butler would come in with JET to provide offense once Dirk left the floor for a breather. You guys know what happened, though.

We needed a spark of offense, and as we saw with RJ in game 2, I think Butler may have been able to provide it. But he played 14 freaking minutes.

The most atrocious thing, though, was Kidd playing 44 in conjunction with JJ playing 31. You think that with 2 point guards on the floor that much, Kidd could have got a little more rest? Nah. Its not like he was playing great. Ended with an underwhelming line of 7/7/5 missing 5 of 6 three pointers.

I'm really pissed off right now. JJ for two straight quarters? He ended up with 14 points! Over half of those came in the 1st half! JJ made 3 FG's in 24 minutes of play in the 2nd half. Tell me that he deserved to play 24 minutes. Its not like he's some defensive stopper...when's he's only hitting 3 FG's in 24 minutes all he's doing is hurting the defense.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:41 PM   #37
jamyoa

jamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these parts
Default U think Carlisle would learn!

Carlisle stiil not rotating players right. What the hell is Marion doing on the bench in the 4th. He lets Jason K. and Jason Terry play all 4 qtr's and they really gave u nothing. Yes, Terry had 13 pt's in the 4th. but it took him all 4 qtr's to get it going. Kidd is too old to keep up with Hill and Parker. He's really showing his age in these playoffs. Roddy should've been inserted in instead of Terry, and Barea in instead of Kidd. I don't mean Barea should start, but play more pt. gd. than Kidd. Rick is getting outcoached by Poip's big time. Like I said, "Rick's poor rotations r costing the Mavs! to lose". If they do go out in this 1st. rd. Mark Cuban has got to fire him a.s.a.p. I say that Mark must go after a shooting gd. D. Wade and a pt. gd. Swallow your pride Mark and trade back for Devin Harris. We need speed not an old pt. gd. like Kidd. I was never for this trade! If u don't believe me then find a thread where I said I was. I still say the Kidd 4 Harris trade was the biggest mistake Mark made since letting Nash go. Harris drove to the basket, took chg's, shot 3 ptr's defended and was extremely fast.
jamyoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:42 PM   #38
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

harris won like 10 games this year
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:45 PM   #39
CadBane
Banned

Kidd is done. You need your PG to be able to score. Look at Westbrook, Rose, Parker/Hill, Deron, ect. Kidd hasn't even made up some of his lack of scoring with "intangibles" or defense or passing. He hasn't been racking up assists and he can't guard Hill or Parker.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:05 AM   #40
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Kidd is done. You need your PG to be able to score. Look at Westbrook, Rose, Parker/Hill, Deron, ect. Kidd hasn't even made up some of his lack of scoring with "intangibles" or defense or passing. He hasn't been racking up assists and he can't guard Hill or Parker.
agreed.kidd is a future hall of famer etc but he hasnt done or brought anything to dallas like carlisle.time to rebuild!!
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
captain redbox, mavsban1000, more like jam-no-a, retard circle jerk, thread diarrhea