Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 02-23-2001, 11:20 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Ok, I posted this just before the board went down and I don't think anyone saw it so I'll post it again.

Basically I had this wild dream of creating a "Dallas-Mavs.com Fantasy League" at ESPN. Most all of the games are free to play. There's great prizes if your lucky enough to win too. Games very.

Anyways, let me know what ya'll think.

If you have any questions, post them here and I'll try to answer them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2001, 11:24 PM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Btw, it would be a league just for the members here by using a password.

Old 02-24-2001, 01:42 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds interesting..I wouldn't mind giving it a try if I have time.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2001, 01:51 PM   #4
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Yeah, I think it would be fun. And it's free so if you happen to not have time one day then so what. Your not losing anything because it's free. But it only takes about 5 minutes or less to do some of the games.

Old 02-24-2001, 10:44 PM   #5
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Anyone else interested?

Old 02-26-2001, 10:28 AM   #6
giostar

giostar will become famous soon enoughgiostar will become famous soon enough

Im a fantasy fool! I play football, basketball, and baseball during thir seasons, and usually do 2 teams each time. Ive even taken on the task of having a fantasy XFL team. I also belong to a fantasy sports stock game where you buy and sell players stock, and can earn/loose money based on how well the player persorms and demand for their stock. So Im in...
giostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 11:02 AM   #7
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Cool, that's 3. Linde might play(he's in a league with me now) and Big Boy Lourox might be interested. I think he plays fantasy games.

Also, some of the games throughout the year are not games where you pick a "Team" so to speak. For instance, a few weeks ago they had one where you had to pick the ESPY winners, and at super bowl time they had one called "Over/Under". Where you had to pick things like who would win, by how much, MVP, combined total score, who had the most first downs, etc..etc..

There's also "Pick'em Challanges" where they will give you a set of predetermined games and all you gotta do is pick who will win.

Old 02-26-2001, 11:03 AM   #8
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

How long do these games usually last? I've never played one before, but I always assumed they lasted the length of the season.
Old 02-26-2001, 11:13 AM   #9
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Some last for a full season some just half(ie. All-Star break). But some could last just a few weeks. Like there's one that starts in a few weeks called "NCAA Turnament Challange" where you pick the winner of the Road to the Final Four turnament. Each round I suppose(haven't look at it that good because it's still a few weeks away).

But like the ESPY challange and the SuperBowl Over/Under are just one day things. You have several weeks to submit your picks but it's just a one day thing.

Old 02-26-2001, 04:23 PM   #10
giostar

Yea, I think a NCAA Tournament Bracket would be cool also. As far as fantasy stuff is concerned the next thing coming up is baseball season. We could always do a NBA fantasy basketball tournament. If you have ever played fantasy football for the playoffs you would like this. Basically here is how it works:
Each person would be able to Pick 2 players at each position. 2 PG, 2 SG, 2 SF, 2 PF, 2 C. The player would only be picked up in a position they primarily play (sometimes we'd have to vote... Nowitzki could be a PF or SF, but doesn't PRIMARILY play C, nor SG, nor PG) The cool thing is that we dont have to have a draft. You can pick any player, but... you can not pick 2 players from the same team (No Kobe AND Shaq, no Nowitzki AND Finley), and once your players team is eliminated from the playoffs, you dont get points for him anymore. Points would be something like:
2 pt per FG
3 pt per 3 point FG
1 pt per FT
1 pt per assist
1 pt per rebound
1 pt per blocked shot
1 pt per steal

Really 2 people could have the same team, but with 10 players its very unlikely. You really try and pick players that you think will play more games as more games = more points. Its not that hard and real fun to keep up with during the playoffs. It starts at the begining of the playoffs and ends when the NBA finals end... obviously.
Old 02-26-2001, 06:09 PM   #11
djb
Administrator

I like the tournament giostar mentioned. Doesn't sound too complicated for a newbie like me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-26-2001, 06:58 PM   #12
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

giostar, is that a game at ESPN or somewhere else?

Old 02-26-2001, 07:33 PM   #13
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

"Men's NCAA Turnament Challenge"

I'm setting up a group but I need to create a group moto.

2. Create a group motto.
Choose a motto that represents what your group is about. The motto will be displayed on your group's page for the duration of the season and can not be changed once the group is formed. Group motto's have a maximum character length of 64 spaces.

Any ideas?

And I'm going to use "Dallas-Mavs.com" as the group name. Is that ok DJ?

Old 02-26-2001, 07:53 PM   #14
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

i'm up for it....count me in
Old 02-26-2001, 08:23 PM   #15
djb
Administrator

Rob~

The group name is ok with me. I really don't know about the motto though..anyone else have any ideas?
Old 02-26-2001, 08:38 PM   #16
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Ok, I set the Dallas-Mavs.com "Men's NCAA Turnament Challenge" group up at ESPN.

I'll PM the password to whoever wants to play. (already sent it to DJ and giostar)

You have until March 14th(I think [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] ) to sign up. Turnament begins March 16th.

It's 100% FREE to play.

And if your good enough these are the prizes.

Grand Prize:
This year's Men's NCAA Tournament Challenge Grand Prize Winner will win $10,000 and a Palm VIIx, provided by Palm, Inc. (ERV: $10,399 USD)

Wireless Grand Prize:
The Wireless Grand Prize winner (awarded to the eligible wireless entrant with the highest point total) will be awarded a $1,000 cash prize.

First Prize:
Fifteen First Prize winners will receive a Palm VIIx, provided by Palm, Inc.

Old 02-26-2001, 08:41 PM   #17
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

btw, I used Mavs Fans as our motto. It's kinda lame but oh well.

Old 02-27-2001, 10:15 AM   #18
giostar

As for my idea, I dont know if it is on ESPN or not. Im sure somebody will have something similar... ie. CNNSI.com, Sandbox.com, or CBSSportsline.com. If anyone will do it its probably goping to be Sandbox... that where im playing my fantasy XFL game. God... that XFL game is sorry. The players all suck... well almost all of them. Avery is tearing it up over there.
Old 02-27-2001, 10:47 AM   #19
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Do you need to pay to play that? Don't know if I'd want to pay much if anything.

Anyways, Are you going to join the one I set up?

Old 02-27-2001, 01:28 PM   #20
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Just checked out sandbox.com and liked what I saw there. Seems like most if not all games are free. And they had a good variety of games there. I might be interested in that.

Old 02-27-2001, 05:15 PM   #21
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, rob, can you PM me that password?
Old 02-28-2001, 09:44 AM   #22
giostar

Sorry there Rob... I got busy yesterday. Yes, Im going to sign up for it. Im going to try and get to it today. As for Sandbox... its one of my favorite fantasy sites... and yes everything is free there. They also have a cool game in the Wall Street Sports section where you can buy and sell players in basketball, baseball, football, hockey, and golf. Its pretty cool. But ive never paid for anything on there.
Old 02-28-2001, 10:17 AM   #23
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I'm really thinking about setting up an account at Sandbox. It's gotta be good because everybody talks about it.

Thanks for joining the turnament challange Big Boy. Hopefully more people will join us(dj [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ).

Old 02-28-2001, 04:48 PM   #24
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

giostar, I just signed up at sandbox. In case you want to start a group or something [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

btw, not to sound stupid, but how do you log out of sandbox?

Old 03-01-2001, 11:50 PM   #25
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

We still got 48 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] open spots if anybody wants to join the turnament challange.

Old 03-12-2001, 09:58 AM   #26
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

BBL, you can start making your 1st round picks in the turnement challange now. Just wanted to remind you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

And we still got 48 open spots if anybody else wants to join. Wed. is the last day to sign-up though.

Old 03-12-2001, 04:40 PM   #27
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll join up...
Old 03-12-2001, 04:45 PM   #28
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Just want to let everybody know that if you want to join the turnement challenge. The group and password have changed. The group was to small so we joined with another mavs fans group.

The new group is: MFFL
And the password: mavs
40 spots open
Registration is FREE.

Here is the front page. Men's NCAA Turnement Challenge

Old 03-13-2001, 12:28 AM   #29
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

I am clueless about college ball, I'll have a go to see if I really have magic powers.
Old 03-14-2001, 12:19 AM   #30
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

And I would like to go on record as saying I do have magical powers, simply because I can and there's not a lot you anyone can do about it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-14-2001, 09:43 AM   #31
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

So did you join? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]