Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-28-2008, 05:40 PM   #321
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
If Duhon can get cut this week...then that's the answer
This would be great and in my opinion the best pick up, but I don´t think it will happen. Maybe we will make a push for him in the offseason.

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2008, 06:08 PM   #322
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Clippers Waive Sam Cassell
February 28, 2008 - 6:04 pm

Press Release - The Los Angeles Clippers waived point guard Sam Cassell on Thursday.

In 38 games played this season, Cassell averaged 12.8 points, 4.7 assists, 2.8 rebounds and 25.7 minutes per game. In his 15th NBA season, Cassell had missed the last four games with a sprained right wrist while missing 12 games earlier in the season with a strained left calf.

“After weighing all of the options and after conversations with Sam we believe this is the best solution for this team,” stated Vice President of Basketball Operations Elgin Baylor. “We know and appreciate the many contributions Sam made during the last three years, and we wish him nothing but the best.”

Link

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:35 PM   #323
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Zoidberg
Clippers Waive Sam Cassell
February 28, 2008 - 6:04 pm

Press Release - The Los Angeles Clippers waived point guard Sam Cassell on Thursday.

In 38 games played this season, Cassell averaged 12.8 points, 4.7 assists, 2.8 rebounds and 25.7 minutes per game. In his 15th NBA season, Cassell had missed the last four games with a sprained right wrist while missing 12 games earlier in the season with a strained left calf.

“After weighing all of the options and after conversations with Sam we believe this is the best solution for this team,” stated Vice President of Basketball Operations Elgin Baylor. “We know and appreciate the many contributions Sam made during the last three years, and we wish him nothing but the best.”

Link
I wonder what his buyout was. I guess we'll see if Boston has been the frontrunner, would be a nice fit behind Kidd, alongside Kidd as a shooter.
Kidd Karma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:29 AM   #324
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

It looks like Houston is closing in on Justin Williams. I'm not sure how well Magloire is going to be for us but I almost wish we could have given them both a chance.

I really liked what little I saw of Justin Williams

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5596815.html

Rockets to bring in former King Williams
Center to bring much-needed front-court depth

By JONATHAN FEIGEN
Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle

TOOLS
Email Get section feed
Print Subscribe NOW
Comments (2) Recommend
The Rockets are expected to sign free-agent center Justin Williams to a 10-day contract to add front-court depth after the injury to Yao Ming.

Guard/forward Bobby Jones' 10-day contract ends after today's game in Dallas.

Williams, a former Sacramento King, is due in Houston tonight, in time to be on the roster before the Rockets play the Hornets on Saturday night.

"The Rockets are definitely interested in Justin," Williams' agent, Byron Irvin, said. "We'll see what happens in the next few days.

"He has a couple teams interested in him. We like the Rockets. He likes the Rockets. They've liked Justin in the past. They brought him in last year and have been watching him the past year or so. They have followed his progress."

Williams, 6-10, 240, is considered a prolific rebounder and had 12 in 23 minutes against the Rockets last month. In 48 career games, he has averaged 3.4 points and 3.4 rebounds.

"He's an energy, athletic, shot-blocking kind of guy," Irvin said. "He will learn from someone like Dikembe (Mutombo). He is like a shorter Dikembe."

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 03-06-2008 at 10:30 AM.
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:25 AM   #325
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Justin Williams would have been perfect for next season. I wish we could have signed him but the Mavs are trying to win right now so no way AJ would have played him down the stretch and playoffs this year.

He'll get plenty of time in Houston now.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:25 AM   #326
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

I agree that I would like to have added both, but if they don't get PT we would never know what we could have had, just like with Antoine Wright.

Houston will give Williams playing time so, all things being equal, he would go there. Houston looking strong. We better stop them tonight.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote