Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-24-2008, 12:52 PM   #1
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold
Default Kidd leaving Mavs to play in Europe

haha jk...but I am extra bored because its raining really hard and well I found this story interesting. Maybe at the end of their careers he and Dirk can go over together for a season or 2 and see how it goes : )

http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineSt...BA#STORY_10693

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 07-24-2008 at 12:59 PM.
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2008, 01:11 PM   #2
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

WTFAK!

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:40 PM   #3
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Yea, I saw that bit too. If the money is more over there, he may go after his deal is done. Read some where else that Euro won't have the cash to go for the major stars, but the borderline guys like Childress. Hawks really screwed up by being cheap. They are a team on the rise especially by plugging Bibby in at the point for now(thought Kidd would have been a better fit). Now Josh Smith is being given the garbage offers 5 years for about 9.5 annually, which is ridiculous given the market. He would have been given 12 million by the Sixers or Clipps, but neither team didn't want to risk having their cap space being held up for 7 days....then to find out ATL matched the offer...now with the major cap space....outside of Memphis gone, Smith has no leverage to get the 12 million from ATL. ATL doesn't seem like they're willing to budge. If I were Smith, I"d play out there year, even if he has a bad season this year, he'll get his pay day as an unrestricted free agent next summer.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:25 PM   #4
Itachi

Itachi is on a distinguished road

Players can now ditch bad contracts to play in Europe. Not too bad.
Itachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:47 PM   #5
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Mark my words. The US will reclaim its birthright to the basketball throne this summer.

Get ready for JKidd, as Aragorn, during this summer's ROTK in Beijing.

What say you!?

(d*mn I'm a nerd)

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:51 PM   #6
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

I dont thin the US will win. Not enough role players. Too many stars with big egos. I feel for Kidd because it will ruin his record and all. The pg position is very solid and no ego. Its guys like Carmelo, Kobe, and LeBron that worry me.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
Old 07-24-2008, 04:03 PM   #7
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

^ Why would you worry about Kobe? He has already made it clear (both vocally and on in game) that he plays a specific role on Team USA, the defensive stopper.

In regard to taking the last shot, I recall reading that everybody on the team already looks to Kobe and Kidd for leadership.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 07-24-2008, 04:11 PM   #8
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Ax,

You should watch Road to Redempion. Does a nice job of showing the commitment from these guys...I think we're definitely winning GOLD.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:17 PM   #9
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

I watched all that and I am keeping a lil hope. Without Kidd they would def. lose. But I think even with Kidd, having Carmelo, Wade, Kobe, and LeBron is too much.

........GO MAVS
Old 07-24-2008, 04:45 PM   #10
ty
Diamond Member

^ Hahah, you'll definitely be the one to say I told you so if you're right.

I, however really think they're gonna own up this year.

Old 07-24-2008, 04:47 PM   #11
stewartj

stewartj has a spectacular aura aboutstewartj has a spectacular aura aboutstewartj has a spectacular aura about

This team could definitely blow some people away with huge scoring numbers, but I think we would almost be better off sending whoever is the defending NBA champ. Experience playing as a team and the defensive style of the Celts would seem to make them the favorite if they played. Might have problems though with Posey and other FA's who have defected for more money. I think the Pistons would have done better than the debacle we sent over in 2004.
stewartj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:47 PM   #12
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Granted, last summer's Tourney of America's qualification did not field the quality that will be in Beijing, but looking at how the team shared the ball was a marvel, not just on the break, but in the half court, you'd get back cuts, curls and basically team basketball, the team has a system in place. There were a a couple of games where they reverted back to pounding the rock, then tried going one on one....Coach K immediately put Kidd back in the game and things got back to the way things should be. I think having Paul and Williams should help keep the offense flowing. i don't see Kidd getting more than 20 minutes a game. He'll probably start both halves and finish the 2nd half if needed.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:51 PM   #13
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

I agree that the pg position is very solid and if anything gets it done it will be their leadership. I just think with soo much talent its hard to win it all because eventually theres a let down and it always happens at an important stage.

........GO MAVS
Old 07-24-2008, 06:10 PM   #14
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

While watching the Road to Redemption stuff and everything, I definitely get the sense like they are a team that has a chip on it's shoulder. It's a can't win situation for them though, you win (well you're supposed to), you lose (why the hell did you lose?). I think we have a lot of solid players, we just need to avoid injuries and that looks like it's a challenge right now.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:49 PM   #15
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

WTF......
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 05:07 AM   #16
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Horse, you just jinxed them with saying that. You've got a lot of explaining to do. Remember, there are a billion American bball fans and alot more for Team USA. BURN!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:22 PM   #17
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

I would only want Kidd to receive one loss on his record. Which shall be from Germany
Old 07-25-2008, 10:53 PM   #18
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Congrats Kidd. I guess his desire is more for the Olympics than the Mavs.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:29 AM   #19
dmavs1980

dmavs1980 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000
Your a dumb arse here and a dumbass at Spurstalk too.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:40 AM   #20
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000
whaaaaaat???

........GO MAVS
Old 07-27-2008, 11:49 AM   #21
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

USA ....I hope Kidd can help put the dream team back together again.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:00 PM   #22
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

screw it i'm rooting for germany

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote