Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 09-12-2008, 04:43 PM   #1
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all
Default Turmoil to Follow

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/...to-Follow.html

The article was about teams that have the potential ability to implode and fall apart. Sure enough, one writer picked the Mavs:

Quote:
ESPN.com's Jemele Hill voted for the Dallas Mavericks, under new coach Rick Carlisle:

I picked Dallas because they've gotten progressively worse since the 2006 Finals. The Mavs went from a team contending for the top seed to somewhere between a 6-8 seed. The next plateau for them is to not make the playoffs at all, which is at least a possibility with the competitive West and emerging teams like Portland and the Clippers. As we've seen, 50 wins is almost a starting point in the West.

Add in the fact they have Jason Kidd, an underrated coach killer, an antsy Mark Cuban ...

Carlisle has an awful reputation for his relationship with players. I was in Detroit when that thing went sour and I was not at all surprised the same thing happened at Indiana.

Kidd doesn't like to be questioned. He basically likes to be the coach and Carlisle's an alpha male. Again, if they start middling, Carlisle will be an easy target. At this point, Cuban has made trades, he's replaced two coaches, the only move he has left is to do a drastic breakup of the team because they aren't getting anywhere.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2008, 04:51 PM   #2
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I want to kill every member of the press that write bs articles like these.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Flacolaco; 09-12-2008 at 06:57 PM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:53 PM   #3
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

The NBA coach is always the easiest target.

The bias here is just generic. Any numb nuts could have written this.

Boy, no matter now much management pisses me off, nothing rallies me more as a Mavs fan then the continuous bashing of my team.

Go Mavs.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 06:24 PM   #4
mav_love

mav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nice
Default it's not just the writers...

it's "joe public" -- who has swallowed the "jkidd is dead" frame for this mavs' season... RC should post some these comments in the lockerroom, to remind the guys that it really is 'us against the world' ....

(from the comments below the article)

Quote:
benmeza
BTW, my pick for biggest public implosion has got to be the Mavs. They have the right(or is it wrong) mix of egos on the court, on the bench, and in the front offices. Cuban+Carlisle+Kidd= a fast sinking ship. They won't be the worst team of those mentioned, but I bet if anyone is going to have a war of words that spills into the media, it's those guys(unless the Lakers start losing again).
Quote:
kdmeeder
Abbott said it all w/ "winning is a fantastic thing". Bc of this the rockets will be just fine (even w/ Artest), and I am picking the Mavericks for total disruption. I see that team as fighting for the 8th seed this year with the nuggets and clippers and ultimately losing the spot to one of those teams, and any team injury/setback will send them out of the race before it even begins. This team did not cut it after trading Harris for Kidd, the Mavs thought the trade would reenergize Kidd but in reality he is just fading much more rapidly than they had anticipated
Quote:
sghahrem
I dont see how the Mavs arent first on everyone's list. Jason Kidd looked like an on court Mascot at the Olympics, and not all that much better on the Mavs last year. They were a 500 team after they picked him up, what do you expect their win total to be this year when they have ahim for a whole season? 45 wins... tops.
Quote:
limelight10e
I would say the reason, maybe, mavs got no votes to implode is cuz they don't really have any imploding type personalities. They implode as a team and fail. But to truly implode. You have to also have indaviduals who will explode. Like artest, anthony, iverson, wallace. Mavs are more sulking and pouting imploders.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:36 PM   #5
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Can people really be stupid to see us missing the playoffs. i mean it possible. But there is No way that a way too young Portland wins more games, Clippers?? Nuggets??...come on I swear these guys get paid for nothing..wow

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:40 PM   #6
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Wow this type of stuff gets me going. i cant believe these guys have paying jobs to do this sh**. I will be smile so wide when we wing 55- 60 dames and get 3-5 seed and then go on to win the title.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:14 AM   #7
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

How in the hell are the Clippers emerging with the loss of Brand and Livingston? F-ing clueless...

Clips have dropped
Warriors have dropped
Old 09-13-2008, 10:58 AM   #8
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsanctuary
How in the hell are the Clippers emerging with the loss of Brand and Livingston? F-ing clueless...

Clips have dropped
Warriors have dropped
The Clippers didn't have Brand and Livingston last year so you can't really say they dropped. They've improved from where they were last year.

As far as the Mavs, I have no idea what to expect this year so I'm not getting upset by any of the pre-season prognostications. I could see us fighting for the final playoff spot just as easily as I could and I could see us fighting for the top seed. Neither would shock me.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:55 AM   #9
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
Wow this type of stuff gets me going. i cant believe these guys have paying jobs to do this sh**. I will be smile so wide when we wing 55- 60 dames and get 3-5 seed and then go on to win the title.
I never knew the Mavs were in the business of winging dames. I'm not even sure what that means.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote