Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 12-08-2009, 05:41 PM   #1
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold
Default Two conceivable big trades

I've put two trades on this thread just so I don't have to make two threads.

I think both of these are completely within the realm of possibility

First trade: Josh Howard for Caron Butler

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=dne6ge

I think we should only do this trade if Josh either doesn't come back until way later, or just doesn't produce as we'd hope when he returns.

Caron is about the same height and same stats, he's more of a slasher. The Wiz are horrendous this season, and I can definitely see them moving one of their big names for an expiring, especially and expiring like Josh.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Second Trade: Chris Paul + Emeka Okafor for JJ Barea, Erick Dampier, Matt Carroll + S.Williams

Things aren't looking good down in Louisiana. Paul is pissed that Scott's gone, and (from what I've seen) they shouldn't have swapped Chandler for Okafor, may be regretting it now. Damp's a huge expiring, and JJ and Williams are expirings as well. This trade is so huge for them in terms of savings, I think they'd be willing to take on Carroll's contract. It seems to just by a blip in the whole scheme of the trade. How a team with Kidd and Paul would work, I don't know, but I'd love to see it. Also gives us a huge future with Roddy, Paul at 24, and Okafor at 27 with at least 5 more years. Also, we can get Damp back at seasons end if we want (I don't think he'll be fulfilling his contract requirements)

These are the only two terrible teams I can see willing to move big names for expirings, so why not capitalize on it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!

Last edited by Nowitzki4President; 12-08-2009 at 05:42 PM.
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2009, 05:50 PM   #2
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck convincing them.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:10 PM   #3
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Lol, neither of these are going to come close to happening. There is no way the Hornets trade Chris Paul, especially for the garbage you have listed.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:43 PM   #4
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

If NO do that trade...Commisioner Stern will immediately hold it and conduct a major investigation againts Cuban and the Mavs organization.
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:56 PM   #5
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

I'd go with #1 ... A lateral trade that benefits both sides, and it is pretty conceivable.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:08 PM   #6
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe View Post
If NO do that trade...Commisioner Stern will immediately hold it and conduct a major investigation againts Cuban and the Mavs organization.
Stern would not do it if we were the Lakers though.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:07 PM   #7
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Butler could happen but i doubt the Mavs pull that off now with Howard returning.

No way in hell NO does that. If they blow it up they trade Okafor again for expirings and the price of Paul is always to take 2 of Posey/Peterson/Peja.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:20 PM   #8
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Butler is a better player than Howard when healthy he is nails in the clutch, and is as good as if not better defender, he is also a better passer, his numbers are well down this season from the floor and assists, I have no idea why. And Josh cannot be relied on to stay healthy throughout the season, if this trade is really possible I would do it in a nano second. The second proposal is down right funny
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote