Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 01-13-2010, 08:31 PM   #1
GermanFan

GermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to all
Default Utah Jazz reject Mavs' attempt to land Boozer

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/p...urn=nba,213317
Utah Jazz reject Mavs' attempt to land Boozer

By Mark J. Miller

“CarlosThe Dallas Mavericks made an offer to the Utah Jazz last week that would have saved Utah a boatload of money and sent Carlos Boozer(notes) to Dallas, according to ESPN.

The Mavericks supposedly offered Drew Gooden's(notes) partially guaranteed contract, which the team waived last Wednesday, as well as the expiring contracts of Kris Humphries(notes) and Shawne Williams(notes), who the team eventually traded to the New Jersey Nets, in the hopes of landing Boozer and saving the Jazz millions of dollars.

But Utah said ixnay, proving that it isn't all about getting under the luxury tax right now. It still remains likely, though, that Boozer will get dumped before the trading deadline.

----------------

So there are willing ...
Old 01-13-2010, 08:47 PM   #2
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

We're gonna land someone I think. I don't think anyone is more equipped with cap friendly contracts than the Mavs. So it's all up to if teams want deal big time talent for cap relief heading into this offseason.

This shows the Mavs are willing to take on money. They'll be in on a lot of players come the deadline.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:44 PM   #3
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Will they take Josh??

Josh/ Gooden

for

Boozer/ Korver
Old 01-13-2010, 11:58 PM   #4
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
Will they take Josh??

Josh/ Gooden

for

Boozer/ Korver
I don't think I'd do that trade. I don't think Boozer is a good fit for this team.

I'd LOVE Korver though. That's one guy that I've clamored over for years. He'd fit like a glove with this team.

If the Sixers are really serious about cutting payroll. I look long and hard about Iggy... that's a difference maker right there.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:12 PM   #5
UtahDirkfan

UtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to all

The Jazz are trying to get away from paying the luxury tax but they aren't desperate. They weren't smart with contract and now they have a huge payroll. They got a gift from OKC when they took on Maynor and Harprings contract. That free'd up like 10 mil I believe. Sloan wants Boozer to stay and Sloan has A LOT of say when it comes to players in Utah. I doubt Boozer will be traded at all. The Jazz will keep him and then he'll walk at the end of this season.

Korver is awesome but Sloan doesn't utilize him the right way if you ask me. He's a streak shooter and if he started, I believe his numbers would be higher. I as well have liked Korver's game for quite some team. Even before he came to Utah. I actually named my boy, "Korver"
UtahDirkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:27 PM   #6
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Encouraging signs from the Mavs' front office.

As for the trade itself, I'd have done it, I think Carlos can play center and if he's getting outmuscled, throw in Damp. Then Carlos can give Dirk some rest. Well, it's moot at this point, but nice try Mark and Lil' Whistle.

I'm also a fan of Korver, ever since he was in Philly shooting lights out.