Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 05-08-2014, 03:50 PM   #41
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Indy, stop feeding the big man. Let him pout!
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2014, 04:38 PM   #42
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Of course Hibbert had to go and get a 28/9 game right when his value was starting to bottom-out...
There's still a handful of games left for him to prove his unworthiness. I'm still not buying that he's turned the corner.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:22 PM   #43
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleDipping View Post
There's still a handful of games left for him to prove his unworthiness. I'm still not buying that he's turned the corner.
He's trying

In 18min he has 2pts, 2reb, 2 fouls. 2TO and he's been blocked 3 times

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-11-2014 at 08:36 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:23 PM   #44
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

spoke too early. 15-9-2
Old 05-11-2014, 09:38 PM   #45
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
spoke too early. 15-9-2
And he just had a great block of John Wall at the rim with less than 2:00 left in the game.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:24 PM   #46
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Hibbert got killed tonight.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:20 PM   #47
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

0pts, 5reb, 1block, -23 +/- in a crucial game.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:13 AM   #48
spreedom
Diamond Member

Old 05-27-2014, 08:31 AM   #49
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I smell what your cookin'

mmmm good
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:42 AM   #50
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

I think there's enough sample size to see what this guy brings. Do the Mavs really need him in the team?
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:37 PM   #51
spreedom
Diamond Member

As a bottom-10 defensive team, the Mavs absolutely need a guy like Hibbert. He's the guy I want for a variety of reasons, but we'd be a lot better next year with any sort of rim protector on the team.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:02 PM   #52
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Vogel seems to have no idea how to use Hibbert in this series. Roy is averaging under 10 shots per game and it seems that Vogel doesn't realize that when the Heat play their small lineup (with Bosh playing on the perimeter and Lewis at the 4) there is no one for Roy to guard. Perhaps they need to try a zone or at least come up with some schemes on offense to feature Hibbert and make the Heat pay for their lineup. I have only seen the last two games in this series, but if they are any indication then it sure seems that the Pacers are being out coached by a mile.

If Hibbert was available, then I'd make a strong pitch for his services. But i am thinking that Vogel might be the one on the chopping block (despite his success during the regular season) or perhaps Indiana brings in different assistants.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:59 PM   #53
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Vogel seems to have no idea how to use Hibbert in this series. Roy is averaging under 10 shots per game and it seems that Vogel doesn't realize that when the Heat play their small lineup (with Bosh playing on the perimeter and Lewis at the 4) there is no one for Roy to guard. Perhaps they need to try a zone or at least come up with some schemes on offense to feature Hibbert and make the Heat pay for their lineup. I have only seen the last two games in this series, but if they are any indication then it sure seems that the Pacers are being out coached by a mile.

If Hibbert was available, then I'd make a strong pitch for his services. But i am thinking that Vogel might be the one on the chopping block (despite his success during the regular season) or perhaps Indiana brings in different assistants.
Agreed. I've seen games 1,2, and 4 and each of those games Vogel was outcoached-- even the game 1 win.

I also think that we'll see only one major player gone this summer and that is Evan Turner. I see the Pacers looking for a better coach/assistants and just trying to develop the guys they have. Unfortunately they need a "counselor" coach just as much as they need an Xs and Os coach and I don't see a coach out there that can do both. Carlisle can do both. Pops can do both. Casey/Rivers can do both. None of those guys are available, though.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:39 PM   #54
spreedom
Diamond Member

If the Pacers don't break up that core, they're almost certainly going to fire Vogel this summer. I think Stephenson is about 90% likely to be gone, unless they trade away virtually every bench player making more than the minimum... their owner is a staunch "no tax" type, and they'd go into the tax for sure if they brought back Stephenson at the $10-12M per year that he's going to get... if not more than that.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:18 PM   #55
spreedom
Diamond Member

According to "sources", Hibbert/Hibbert's camp "would not be against" a trade from Indiana. COME ON BABY
Old 06-02-2014, 09:17 PM   #56
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
If the Pacers don't break up that core, they're almost certainly going to fire Vogel this summer. I think Stephenson is about 90% likely to be gone, unless they trade away virtually every bench player making more than the minimum... their owner is a staunch "no tax" type, and they'd go into the tax for sure if they brought back Stephenson at the $10-12M per year that he's going to get... if not more than that.
Vogel is "100% coming back" according to Stern.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:08 PM   #57
spreedom
Diamond Member

Yup I saw that... Stein first reported it and either yesterday or today, Bird said, in no uncertain terms, "Vogel is coming back. He has nothing to worry about."

So I guess they're going to go with the blow-it-up route. It's already been suggested by Bird that Evan Turner is gone, I bet Lance walks, and Hibbert might be getting traded for a point guard. God damn, I'd jump all over a Calderon/Dalembert for Hibbert... and hell, I'd through in a first if they wanted to send George Hill our way as well. That would give us

Ellis
Hill
Player X
Dirk
Hibbert

Get a MLE type of salaried guy for the other wing spot... Vince back off the bench... top 2-3 seed in the West.