Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2014, 10:58 AM   #1
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute
Default What are your thoughts on Illegal Immigration?

What are your thoughts on Illegal Immigration? Do you think anything should be done about it? I think it's gotten so bad that we're literally being invaded at this point. Yet, it seems like there is nothing being done about it. Our borders are wide open and Border patrol agents aren't being allowed to do their jobs. I think this is insanity at this point. I was watching this debate between Bill O'Reilly (Who I disagree with on a lot of issues) and Kirsten Powers and I found myself agreeing with a lot of what Bill was saying. I can't believe that Powers actually seemed to be implying that we should just leave the borders open because many of the people who are coming in work very hard and are poor. I'm very sorry that they live in such terrible situations, I truly am. I'm sorry that they suffer and I understand many of them are trying to escape gangs and the Drug Cartels. However, there are people suffering and trying to escape gang warfare in this country as well. Look at Chicago, where many of those kids go to the Deli just to buy food for their families (With the little money they have) and many times those kids don't make it back home because they've been a victim of a drive-by shooting. Don't those people need our help? Don't the countless number of Americans in tough situations need our help? Folks, we are over a whopping 17 trillion dollars in debt. We have major issues in this country and us taking in a staggering amount of people only complicates things in a major way. Something else that really frustrates me is that even though this is a major problem, it seems many are frightened to even discuss it. Political correctness has hurt us because at times we can't speak on certain issues such as illegal immigration without being labeled as racists or other terms that are used to silence people. This is not an issue of racism but an issue that pertains to our country being radically changed right before our eyes. Please give me your thoughts.

Edit: This is the debate between O'Reilly and Powers - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-sgbvEGFaA

Last edited by LSMF; 09-01-2014 at 11:02 AM.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote