Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-02-2005, 11:07 AM   #1
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default Atlanta Trade

Dallas Trades

Bradley
Wahad

Atlanta Trades

Drobjak
#31 or #59 pick

Dallas gets rid of Wahad and Bradley, for a pick and a center with some offensive skills.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2005, 11:25 AM   #2
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Atlanta Trade

I guess I might be on board with that, I just wonder why ATL would. They could use Bradley perhaps, but TAW is just dead weight. I also dont even know if they have enough cap room to absorb the contracts that we are giving, and they wouldnt want to anyways because it would hurt them in free agency. There just isnt enough talent in it for the Hawks, ecspecially since Bradley's contract is longer and more expensive than Drobniak's.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 06:41 AM   #3
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Atlanta Trade

Sure would like to have that 31st pick. Don't see why the Hawks take TAWs deal, they have a clean cap as it is. Maybe Bradley for #31 since the Hawks can absorb it? That $4,500,000 trade exception would be a real nice asset.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 01:38 PM   #4
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

They take Wahad b/c they'd only owe him 5.6 over 2 years. The whole concept of this trade was so they can have role players for the team they're trying to build.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 08:35 PM   #5
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Atlanta Trade

They are way unde the cap, TAW only appeals to teams over the cap that would prefer to pay 5.6 v ~16 over 2 years.

Atlanta could spend that $$$ in free agency.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 11:34 PM   #6
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

atlanta has had $$$ for 3 years.

no one wants to play in that hell hole, so free agents are out of the question
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 01:29 AM   #7
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

still, Wahad does nothing for them. They would rather sign a bum off the street that would play for the league minimum than trade for TAW, because the bum has a better chance of playing. The only purpose that TAW can serve in a trade would be for cap relief, that is not going to happen in ATL. I think he will finally be bought out this year.

If they wanted to swap the #31 pick for Bradley, I am all for that. It makes some sense to them, ecspecially if they dont think that can get a good player with the pick.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote