Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-27-2005, 04:29 PM   #1
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Which players would you be willing?

If you were Mark Cuban? What players would you be willing to allow the opposing GM to "make the deal" provided that he sent this "player" and trades don't include Dirk. This so you could have that 2 star tandem like Shaq/Kobe, Magic/Kareem, Bird/McHale, Jordan/Pippen, etc. Meaning moving the "future" of the Mavs for a dynamic duo.

That list is pretty short for me.
TD
Kevin Garnett
Lebron James
Dwight Howard
Amare
Dwayne Wade

My Maybe -- sure have to think about it list
Chris Bosh -- have to think hard about this one
Peja
AK47

AND for personal dislikes reasons:
Shaq, but probably not with his age/injury history.
TMac/Yao I discount because they are a tandem.
Kobe -- just say no

Any others? Any differing opinions?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2005, 04:45 PM   #2
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Which players would you be willing?

The thing about the "combo" paired with Dirk is the player has got to be a guard. As great as Dirk is and as great as could be.... he still needs someone to feed him the ball, and he still needs someone to penetrate and put pressure on the defense when all else fails. That is why Duncan and Shaq can be so successful. They have a good guard or two that will do those things described above in the 4th quarter.

I'd choose Kobe. I can't stand the SOB. But he would be the perfect compliment to Dirk, especially when you factor in Ginobili and McGrady in the West... and Wade in the East.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 04:53 PM   #3
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Which players would you be willing?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bayliss
The thing about the "combo" paired with Dirk is the player has got to be a guard. As great as Dirk is and as great as could be.... he still needs someone to feed him the ball, and he still needs someone to penetrate and put pressure on the defense when all else fails. That is why Duncan and Shaq can be so successful. They have a good guard or two that will do those things described above in the 4th quarter.

I'd choose Kobe. I can't stand the SOB. But he would be the perfect compliment to Dirk, especially when you factor in Ginobili and McGrady in the West... and Wade in the East.
I disagre on it needing to be a guard. TD, KG, and Shaq are inside players. Dirk isn't. Heck, I can get Dan Dickau, Darrell Armstrong, or Derek Fischer to get him the ball. That is why I think in Dirk's case, he needs that inside player like Dwight Howard, or one of the three mentioned above. I only added Lebron and Wade becuase I think they get theirs no matter who is on the other team.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 05:01 PM   #4
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I disagre on it needing to be a guard. TD, KG, and Shaq are inside players. Dirk isn't. Heck, I can get Dan Dickau, Darrell Armstrong, or Derek Fischer to get him the ball
It's not about "getting him the ball" per se. It's about the guard putting pressure on the defense too. Kobe (or another good guard) has the ability to get in the lane and finish too. The guard has the ability to get to the line. The guard has the ability to put daggers in the team's heart when they decide to double Dirk.

Ginobili is a perfect compliment to Duncan. Ginobili can run the pick and roll with Duncan. He can go one on one with any player. He finishes at the line. He can nail the 3. He can pass. He can defend the perimeter.

Ginobili/Duncan is a much better combo than Duncan/Shaq because even though Shaq is a better player than Manu... Manu takes pressure off of Duncan in areas of the floor that the defense can't "react" to.....

That is why Dirk needs a guard to be paired with.....
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 05:32 PM   #5
Dalhoop

Dalhoop has a spectacular aura aboutDalhoop has a spectacular aura about

Simple question. pick and roll with Lebron.

Youth, Unbeleivable upside. If Lebron could improve his outside jumper that would be unstoppable.
Dalhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 05:35 PM   #6
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Paul Pierce may be available...
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 08:52 PM   #7
Pirate

Pirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to all

Put Dirk, Josh, and Devin off limits, and I'd trade whatever else for Pierce. I think he'd be a perfect fit.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 09:07 PM   #8
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Of the "star" players that figure to be available this offseason, Pierce is the one I'd be most interested in going after. I like Ray Allen's game better (not entirely because an upgrade at SG is a bigger need for thist team than an upgrade at SF), but his age and the contract he'll require don't thrill me. Pierce makes a lot of money himself, but for his age and talent level I don't consider the contract to be significantly out of line at all. Dirk and Josh are off limits in going after him, but nobody else is (though obviously some have more value than others).
Old 05-27-2005, 09:22 PM   #9
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

I would love to have Dwight Howard here. I would trade Dirk for three players; Tim Duncan, LeBron James, and Dwight Howard. I know that there is filler and stuff that has to be worked out and that the Spurs and Cavs would laugh, but I would really look into Dwight Howard if I thought it was possible.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 12:26 AM   #10
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

I think Pierce would be a good fit here. If pierce were willing to be the second star not the go to guy. Besdes trading Howard for Dirk would be very hard to do. Howard hasn't done anything yet as a pro. Dirk did finish third in the MVP voting and was a first team all nba player. Something that Kobe, KG, and Lebron were not. Lebron is great but he hasn't proven anything yet, to be considered a great player you have to make the playoffs. I would take Kobe and T-Mac over Lebron right now.

Once Dirk is able to destroy guys like T-Mac and Lebron no one in the league can guard him.

I don't buy the dynamic duo theory. The Spurs have one superstar and great role players like Robert Horry and Nazr Mohammed. The Detroit Pistons are one of the most complete teams in basketball and yet they have no superstars on the floor.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 01:08 AM   #11
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

For those who like Pierce, a Stackhouse/Daniels for Pierce sounds mighty tempting.

As far as the topic goes, Either Wade or Howard, although probably Wade. I knew we should've went after him in that draft.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 02:41 AM   #12
Pirate

Pirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to all

"For those who like Pierce, a Stackhouse/Daniels for Pierce sounds mighty tempting."

Tempting to Dallas fans, no doubt. But wouldnt the Bostonians laugh at the idea?
Old 06-02-2005, 07:10 PM   #13
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: The Miles I would trade Dirk for three players; Tim Duncan, LeBron James, and Dwight Howard.
You would trade Dirk for Dwight Howard? Lebron is a given, and I can understand Duncan (although I'd rather have Dirk because he's younger and is still improving) but Dwight Howard?
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 08:18 PM   #14
VoteForBen

VoteForBen is on a distinguished road

I would do anything to see an AK47-Dirk combo. He'd be the perfect compliment. Plus, he's AJ's perfect player. A three-position, defense-first big who will go to the hole.

Also, imagine him and Howard on the court at the same time. That would stop any 2-3 tandem in the NBA. But, let's be realistic, we're not getting AK without Howard.

My trade, which no one will like, because they have less hope in Daniels than they do a comet coming and taking Carrot Top off the Earth.

Jerry Stackhouse, Devin Harris, Josh Howard for Andrei Kirilenko, Mehmet Okur, Raul Lopez, a re-signed Raja Bell.

If they don't bite because of Lopez, sub him out for Borchardt and get them out of that deal.

PG - Terry, Lopez, (FA or Daniels)
SG - Finley, Daniels, Bell
SF - Kirilenko, Finley/Daniels, Bell
PF - Dirk, Van Horn
C - Dampier, Okur, P-Pod, M'Benga, The Pizza Hut Guy, The Kid Who Won The Spelling Bee, Bradley
VoteForBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 08:58 PM   #15
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: VoteForBen

Also, imagine him and Howard on the court at the same time. That would stop any 2-3 tandem in the NBA. But, let's be realistic, we're not getting AK without Howard.
Actually, if want to be realistic, I'd say that Utah appears to have hopes for him as their franchise player, and that we'll never have AK-47 under any circumstances. However...

Quote:
C - Dampier, Okur, P-Pod, M'Benga, The Pizza Hut Guy, The Kid Who Won The Spelling Bee, Bradley
Pretty funny stuff, I got a good laugh out of that. Although, Okur would be absolutely beautiful for us. If we traded for him, I'd be a happy man.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:41 AM   #16
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

We already have the superstar duo= Dirk and Devin D&D simply DeaDly!
Old 06-04-2005, 02:08 AM   #17
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: birdsanctuary
We already have the superstar duo= Dirk and Devin D&D simply DeaDly!
Sorry, but Devin is still a couple years away from even being considered an all-star canidate, let alone a "star". Josh isn't even there yet, although he's much closer than is Harris.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:38 PM   #18
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: The Miles
I would love to have Dwight Howard here. I would trade Dirk for three players; Tim Duncan, LeBron James, and Dwight Howard. I know that there is filler and stuff that has to be worked out and that the Spurs and Cavs would laugh, but I would really look into Dwight Howard if I thought it was possible.

OK I got to hear the rationale for trading a 1st team ALL NBA player for a Rookie who had a good, but not great year on a horrible team.

Edit: BTW if Cubes or Donnie were to call up and offer to trade Dirk for Dwight + cap filler, the jump on that sooooo fast it would not be funny.

Old 06-06-2005, 07:20 PM   #19
The Miles

Orlando wouldn't do it, I am 99% sure. I can't explain to you guys other than just keep an eye out on Howard. You have Amare ready to take the handoff from Shaq and Dwight ready to take the handoff from Duncan. I think more of Dwight than I do Amare, he had a better rookie season than Amare, he is far better defender already than Amare, and he is already over 50% (52%) as a rookie whereas Amare was 47%.

I don't want to trade Dirk but if we *had* to trade Dirk, those would be the 1st three guys on my list, in that order; Duncan, LeBron, Dwight. It is hard to defend a 12/10/1.7/52% rookie so I can't give you "rationale" explanation for why I would put him on that list other than I have been watching the NBA a long time and I tend to trust my feelings on players. And I feel Dwight is a beast, flat out, the best young big man in the NBA because he is a complete player, his defense is actually ahead of his offense which is rare for someone so young.

Id rather just keep Dirk n Devin and go win a title!

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
Old 06-06-2005, 07:22 PM   #20
The Miles

And Dwight might not end up being more than JO, that is the risk. Orlando might do it, I know if I were their GM there is no way I trade a 19 year old stud for anyone in the NBA not named Duncan. That is just my opinion.

Old 06-07-2005, 12:34 AM   #21
Pirate

Miles, your man-crush on Dwight Howard is embarrassing. He is good, but he isnt anywhere near as good as you think. Will he ever be? It remains to be seen. But stats on a crappy team are really deceptive - someone has to score, someone has to get boards, so the better players on a bad team put up stronger stats than they would on a decent team.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:41 AM   #22
The Miles

Its not like he got a lot of shots, he got his 12 ppg on 8 shots a game. And it isn't like Orlando was Atlanta, they were in the playoff mix until the final 3 or 4 weeks. They were top 6 in the East until they made that boneheaded Cat Mobley for Doug Christie trade, things went downhill from there.

I dunno, think what you want to think, some of you guys have to see a guy put up 25/12 before you actually see that they have an insane amount of talent. I don't, it is obvious, he went #1 (over the proven Okafor) for a reason and then he did better than anyone expected. No one thought the HS kid would be a double double as a rookie on a 36-46 team (which is vastly improved from their 21-61 03/04 record).

Just keep your eyes open with the kid.

Old 06-07-2005, 06:42 AM   #23
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
And Dwight might not end up being more than JO, that is the risk. Orlando might do it, I know if I were their GM there is no way I trade a 19 year old stud for anyone in the NBA not named Duncan. That is just my opinion.
your obsession with young players borders on ridiculous and completely stupid. howard was the first pick in a very weak draft. if he went in the previous draft he probably goes towards the bottom half of the lottery.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 06:58 PM   #24
The Miles

You're a flat out wrong. Dwight would have gone 2nd behind LeBron to the Pistons.

EDIT: I already learned enough about you from your "insight" on how salaries and the NBA work to kind of know what you will say:

"Carmelo is a better player too, if they wanted a better player they would have taken him."

I figure that is about how deep you can get cognitively when it comes to this stuff. Fact is that the Pistons wanted a young big man to develop behind The Wallaces. Fact is that Darko was the only true big in the top part of that draft, Kaman sure wasn't, Bosh sure isn't a "true" big in the form of a guy like Milicic, Okafor, JO, Howard, etc....

You put Dwight in that draft and he goes 2nd, to the Pistons, a team that values what Dwight does so well, great interior defense, good help defense, and great rebounding. And even if Dwight did fall the Pistons he wouldn't have fallen past 4th and the Raptors or, at worst, 6th in the Clippers. Hardly the bottom of the lottery.

As if your futile attempt to degrade Dwight by saying that is relevant, Amare Stoudemire went 9th and JO went 18th, draft position hardly has a value with how the player plays when they get on the court. JO doesn't think "I was #18, so I better play like Elden Campbell."

Old 06-07-2005, 09:02 PM   #25
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
You're a flat out wrong. Dwight would have gone 2nd behind LeBron to the Pistons.

EDIT: I already learned enough about you from your "insight" on how salaries and the NBA work to kind of know what you will say:

"Carmelo is a better player too, if they wanted a better player they would have taken him."

I figure that is about how deep you can get cognitively when it comes to this stuff. Fact is that the Pistons wanted a young big man to develop behind The Wallaces. Fact is that Darko was the only true big in the top part of that draft, Kaman sure wasn't, Bosh sure isn't a "true" big in the form of a guy like Milicic, Okafor, JO, Howard, etc....

You put Dwight in that draft and he goes 2nd, to the Pistons, a team that values what Dwight does so well, great interior defense, good help defense, and great rebounding. And even if Dwight did fall the Pistons he wouldn't have fallen past 4th and the Raptors or, at worst, 6th in the Clippers. Hardly the bottom of the lottery.

As if your futile attempt to degrade Dwight by saying that is relevant, Amare Stoudemire went 9th and JO went 18th, draft position hardly has a value with how the player plays when they get on the court. JO doesn't think "I was #18, so I better play like Elden Campbell."

insight on what? i havent posted anything about nba salaries, besides shooting down your ridiculous notion to trade michael finley for brian grant. who brought up carmelo? carmelo is a piece of trash and is the second coming of glenn robinson. if you've ever read any of my opinions on carmelo, you'll see i don't hold him in very high regard. once again, your ability to bring up things that are completely irrelevant to the topic at hand shed light onto just how brilliant your analysis really is.

i love bosh's game, but i wouldnt trade him for dirk. when you start looking at young players and say that you would trade superstars for them, its very rarely a good deal unless the better player is well past his prime. even then, dirk hasnt hit his prime yet. so for you to speculate and say, without a doubt you would trade a top 5/10 talent for a guy who isn't even in the top 15 at his position is pretty ridiculous. you want to trade one howard for another howard? fine. but give me a break, 30/30 GMs would trade howard for dirk. and its not even close. you have this stupid fascination with all top picks who haven't panned out. pardon me if i prefer to have someone established as a superstar rather than someone we hope could be a star.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 09:16 PM   #26
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: aexchange

insight on what? i havent posted anything about nba salaries, besides shooting down your ridiculous notion to trade michael finley for brian grant. who brought up carmelo? carmelo is a piece of trash and is the second coming of glenn robinson. if you've ever read any of my opinions on carmelo, you'll see i don't hold him in very high regard.
"The second coming of Glenn Robinson" is very harsh... Is it Carmelo's game or his personality you can't stand? If it's his personality, I can understand, but if it's his game you're referring to, he's nothing like Big Dog, especially now because George Karl has done wonders for his game.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:44 PM   #27
The Miles

I wouldn't trade Dirk for Chris Bosh either, doesn't work out. How hasn't Dwight Howard panned out? You said that like he was a bust, did you expect more for him than the 12/10/1.6/52% he gave as a rookie? Or the 17/10/2/54% he had his final month? I think you are hung up on him not getting shots, he only shot 8 times a game. But as he shot more, his points went up. He shot 9.4 times a game in March, 13.9 ppg. He shot 11.8 times a game in April, 16.7 ppg.

You speak of him like he is some bust when in reality he was outstanding as a rookie. I don't agree with you at all abotu 30/30 GMs trade Dwight for Dirk. Two years ago people would have thought it was crazy to trade Nowitzki for Amare (ignoring salaries) and now you have a situation where that would be a very split decision around the league. Now you have Dwight, who was better than Amare as a rookie and is better right now as a defender (tho Amare is that much better offensively), and people think it is crazy to see him as a 24/12 guy in two years.

Do I want to trade Dirk? Ofcourse not. If we were forced to trade him I wouldn't want lesser talent like Chris Bosh back just like you wouldn't. Only place we disagree is when I say that Dwight would be on that short list of guys I would want for Dirk if it came to that whereas, to you, Dwight hasn't panned out. That is the only difference.

Old 06-08-2005, 12:14 AM   #28
MrCheerios

MrCheerios is on a distinguished road

Would anyone be willing to trade devin, jho, and daniels for ron artest? The man is a big risk but the best perimeter defender in the league. Mavs would lose a lot of depth but gain a defensive stopper who's also a great second/third scoring option.
MrCheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 12:18 AM   #29
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: MrCheerios
Would anyone be willing to trade devin, jho, and daniels for ron artest? The man is a big risk but the best perimeter defender in the league. Mavs would lose a lot of depth but gain a defensive stopper who's also a great second/third scoring option.
Please see the following:

For the love of God, NO!!!

And btw, even from a purely talent-driven perspective that would be a really, really bad idea.