Dallas Trades:
Marquis Daniels
Shawn Bradley
$3 mil

New Orleans Trades:

PJ Brown
Chris Anderson
#33 pick

Why Dal does it: Front court depth.. big improvement over Bradley/Hendu. Hate to get rid of Queesy, but him or Stack are our best trade bait.

Why NO does it: Daniels is the most promising player in this deal. He has a chance to flourish in NO. The 3 mil is big for a team like NO
who fails to turn a profit every year.

TRADE 2

Something for Jamaal Magloire. I dont know if we would start him or not, or if it would be a waste to get him with Damp already on the team, but if he is available I would like him. I think it would probaly take a lot to get him, and im not sure what I would give up beyond stack/(DJ or Pavel).
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2005, 09:51 PM   #2
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: New Orleans trades

There is such a thing as too much frontcourt depth. Chris Anderson, if he's what you're after, can be had without having to trade anyone. If PJ's your target...well, lets just say that at his age and with that contract I might trade them TAW straight up.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:29 AM   #3
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

What about going after Jamaal Magloire?

Would it be possible to get him for say Bradley/Daniels/$3M? Or maybe one of those with TAW? I am not sure when his BYC is up, but he is a center that, IMO, has game that would fit better in Dallas. I am also not sure what it would take to get him. I have read he is not content in NO, but that is pure speculation.

Would he start in front of Damp, if he is on the team? or does Damp have to be one of the pieces going in that trade?

I don't think either would like to come off the bench, but ? ? ? ?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 10:19 AM   #4
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

don't think NO pulls this deal with JR smith waiting in the wings.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 02:28 PM   #5
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
don't think NO pulls this deal with JR smith waiting in the wings.
What would it take to get Magloire then?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 06-13-2005, 04:29 PM   #6
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:New Orleans trades

We could offer Terry+Pavel+choice of Marquis or Bradley + $3million for Maglimore + PJ. This woudl be a cap saving move for NO and give them some cash while still getting a talent in Terry, a project in Pavel, and Bradely as a very good backup. I probably wouldn't do it if I was NO, but if I was Dallas, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:23 PM   #7
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
We could offer Terry+Pavel+choice of Marquis or Bradley + $3million for Maglimore + PJ. This woudl be a cap saving move for NO and give them some cash while still getting a talent in Terry, a project in Pavel, and Bradely as a very good backup. I probably wouldn't do it if I was NO, but if I was Dallas, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

its probably takes harris + stackhouse/daniels + wahad to make a deal happen for magloire and brown.

not sure if i do this deal, but i think it looks the closest to being fair. i probably do this deal if they throw in speedy claxton.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:40 PM   #8
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: aexchange
Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB

its probably takes harris + stackhouse/daniels + wahad to make a deal happen for magloire and brown.

not sure if i do this deal, but i think it looks the closest to being fair. i probably do this deal if they throw in speedy claxton.
I still don't know if NO does the deal even with Harris. I'd hate to let Harris go though, but I'd guess I'd do the deal.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:38 AM   #9
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:

I don't see this happening. Two bigs for all small........... You would have to move at least one big back that way, IMO.

Old 06-14-2005, 10:55 AM   #10
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I love Magloire, but any move that could realistically happen would require us giving too much of our young talent for my taste.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 11:16 AM   #11
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
I love Magloire, but any move that could realistically happen would require us giving too much of our young talent for my taste.
Could we get him w/o having to give up Harris, Howard, Dirk, or Damp? I can't seem to figure out a way, with him on the BYC, or not on it. It all just ends up being a huge deal instead of a small one (Which is what the Mavs need).

IMO, Magloire would be about as good a 4/5 as their is out there (for the Mavs) -- outside of Amare, TD, and KG (who are untouchable).

I would like to see the Mavs with a nine man rotation. Harris(1), Terry(1/2), Stack(2), Fin(2/3), Howard(3), KVH(3/4), Dirk(4), Magloire? (4/5), and Damp (5). Magloire would fit that role perfectly as the starter against the quicker PF/C's and the backup when the Mavs play against the Banger Centers like Vlade, Shaq, and Yao.

I could even envision a lineup of Howard at the point, KVH at the 2, Dirk at the 3, Magloire at the 4 and Damp at the 5 (zone). Length to cover defenders at the perimeter in KVH, Howard, and Dirk. Shotblockers in Magloire and Damp manning the middle. On offense, Magloire posted, Damp and Howard on backside picks and cuts, KVH/Dirk on perimeter and drive. It might only work for 10 min a night, but that would be a very strong offensive/defensive set with lots of length, shooting ability, athleticism.

Old 06-15-2005, 02:19 AM   #12
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

Would Dampier accept backing up Magloire? That could become a problem if we had them both, sure would be nice if they got along though.

I doubt we can get him without having to give up Devin Harris and I am simply not willing to do that, but I am not the GM.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote