Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 12-29-2008, 10:29 PM   #1
NoTnERb

NoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to all
Default Is this a scam?

I got a PM from a user named dimensions and this was the message written, I have high doubts and do believe that this is a scam. If not, please tell me If yes, I do believe the mods will take proper action, thank you!

Hey, I have been browsing this forum and your basketball knowledge impresses me. I think you are really intelligent and you knowledge relating to the NBA is very good. I would love it if you would consider joining a basketball forum. If you are interested here is the link:

We are a realtively young forum that is still growing. We could use some more knowledgable people like you. You would be a great assest to the forum and I would really appreciate it if you would consider joining the forum. You would make the forum an even better place to post.

Thanks for your time. If you have any questions feel free to message me back.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 12-29-2008 at 10:41 PM. Reason: removing links
NoTnERb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2008, 10:41 PM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

It's not a scam, that is a legit site. But I don't think dj would appreciate this dude using dj's board to advertise his. I know that's not allowed in threads/signatures.

This dude has zero posts. He has been a member for a while (1.5 years)..... but never posted. I know that is a bit common. Has anyone else gotten this type of PM from this guy?

Thanks in advance...

And I'm removing the links to the site from your post.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:47 PM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Ive gotten similar messages from other posters, although I cant verify if its to the same site without seeing the link. The text is almost identical if not verbatim.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 12-29-2008 at 10:48 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:08 AM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen that before as well.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:34 AM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

We'll just have to see. If sike got the message "I think you are really intelligent and you knowledge relating to the NBA is very good" then we know its a scam. That or its one of Sikes boyfriends!
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 04:09 AM   #6
NoTnERb

NoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to all

that is also why I seriously thought this was a scam because of the sender, he had no post at all.
NoTnERb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:21 AM   #7
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I've received it before as well.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:34 AM   #8
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
We'll just have to see. If sike got the message "I think you are really intelligent and you knowledge relating to the NBA is very good" then we know its a scam. That or its one of Sikes boyfriends!
LOL... where's the Christmas elf who was supposed to fix the rep system for us??

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:29 PM   #9
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

lol @ "you knowledge"
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:56 PM   #10
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I can beat the Sike test. FreshJive has gotten this PM before. It seems like it was over two years ago though.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:41 PM   #11
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i think i got one of these PM's before too.. And i never talk about basketball. i only post in the lounge..so this is bogus.

edit:..Bonus +1 rep for using the work bogus.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:47 PM   #12
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX View Post
i think i got one of these PM's before too.. And i never talk about basketball. i only post in the lounge..so this is bogus.

edit:..Bonus +1 rep for using the work bogus.
what you cant give yourself rep
Old 01-05-2009, 11:14 PM   #13
hamb

hamb is a jewel in the roughhamb is a jewel in the roughhamb is a jewel in the roughhamb is a jewel in the roughhamb is a jewel in the rough

i remember getting that PM from someone on another forum I go to, also a basketball forum, but not only mavs, covers all teams
hamb is offline   Reply With Quote