Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 08-10-2003, 12:40 PM   #1
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default Picture avatars

The new feature allowing us to use pictures as avatars added fun to the site. They are great.

However, I have two questions:

1.- You know that every time a member with a pic avatar changes his/her profile settings, the avatar disappears. I think the administrator is the person who is able to reset the pic, but...isn't there a way to do it automatically, without the need to ask for it every time?

2.- Sometimes I like to change my pic or icon; we can change icons every time we want, but we can't change pics. Isn't able the software to let us change the pics too? I mean, changing some option in the configuration of the software.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-10-2003, 12:46 PM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Picture avatars

1. nope
2. nope

Sorry but this is the only way it will work, allowing members to have truly custom icons. If I were to somehow set it so users can upload icons themselves, then those icons will also be available to everyone else.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 12:52 PM   #3
Chiwas
Guru

Default RE: Picture avatars

1.- Would you prefer that we inform you about the reset through a PM or just in a thread? Which thread would it be?

2.- Got it.

Old 08-10-2003, 01:43 PM   #4
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Picture avatars

Either is fine. Or you can always e-mail me.
Old 08-10-2003, 02:24 PM   #5
Chiwas
Guru

Eddie is back in town. Tks.
Old 08-10-2003, 03:11 PM   #6
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Dirk41= konsesjonen is on a distinguished road
Default Picture avatars

Chiwas, you just turned ugly [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Dirk41= konsesjonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 05:04 PM   #7
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

DJ... I have a question. I believe you mentioned that the avatars must by 40x45. But some of the default choices are different sizes, like the great American flag is 50x33.

Can a custom avatar be bigger than 40x45?

Just curious.
Old 09-18-2003, 07:34 PM   #8
djb
Administrator

Default Picture avatars

We could accomodate larger file sizes but to cut down on bandwidth and other factors, 40x44 is the size we're currently allowing.

Chiwas did you want your Eddy icon back up?
Old 09-18-2003, 09:38 PM   #9
Chiwas
Guru

Thank you so much, DJ.

But the Tiger was getting dusty and wanting to take some fresh air.

And the MVP needs some rest. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Maybe in the preseason or the season we charge with it again.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-19-2003, 11:05 AM   #10
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Picture avatars

Quote:
Originally posted by: djbacklash
We could accomodate larger file sizes but to cut down on bandwidth and other factors, 40x44 is the size we're currently allowing.

Chiwas did you want your Eddy icon back up?
Okay... well how about 50x35? It is a mere 2x50 pixels more.... How about 50x36? Is there any lee way, or is that set? I should probably PM you these questions, but thought it might be good to have documented here.
Old 09-26-2003, 01:33 PM   #11
Nicky31

Nicky31 is on a distinguished road
Default Picture avatars

This is something I was wondering on custom icons. I see forum users like MFFL, Dooby, and Drbio that have custom icons. How did they change their icon over. Just curious.

Nicky31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 04:56 PM   #12
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Picture avatars

As far as I know (and a moderator can correct if I'm mistaken) you get a custom icon when you make a certain number of posts OR make a donation to dallas-mavs.com
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 11:31 AM   #13
Nicky31

Nicky31 is on a distinguished road
Default Picture avatars

Thanks MFFL
Nicky31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 03:46 PM   #14
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future
Default RE:Picture avatars

Quote:
Originally posted by: MFFL
As far as I know (and a moderator can correct if I'm mistaken) you get a custom icon when you make a certain number of posts OR make a donation to dallas-mavs.com

would you know what the post requirement is to acquire this perquisite ?

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 01:28 AM   #15
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

I guess you'll have to send a pm to dj or one of the moderators.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 05:18 PM   #16
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

moreover, once you do get the "required amont of posts", how do you select your personalized avatar?
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 06:41 PM   #17
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: kingrex
moreover, once you do get the "required amont of posts", how do you select your personalized avatar?
What is the required amount of posts to be able to use a personal avatar?
Old 11-18-2003, 11:37 AM   #18
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road

I believe Diamond members and above get to have a personalized avatar.
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 12:42 PM   #19
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: signoftimes
Diamond members = ### posts
Old 11-18-2003, 02:00 PM   #20
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: signoftimes
Diamond members = ### posts

Found by pressing the help button at the top of the page:

Quote:
V. Member Ranking

Ranking
Each author is assigned a ranking based on the number of posted messages they have made. The ranking appears underneath the user's name. Below are the current ranks.

Title Posts Required
Member 0
Golden Member 1000
Platinum Member 2000
Diamond Member 3000
Elite Member 5000
Guru 10000
Old 11-18-2003, 02:02 PM   #21
kingrex
Platinum Member

Alright just 2,400 more posts to go!
Old 11-18-2003, 03:07 PM   #22
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Alright just 2,400 more posts to go!

2394 now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2004, 11:26 AM   #23
NYCdog

NYCdog will become famous soon enoughNYCdog will become famous soon enough

I dont mean to nit pick but..........

I just noticed member Novice#41 (sorry man, nutin against you) now has an avatar.

Thing is, he's just at member status with somewhere in the 900-post neighborhood.

I know of many more people here who have much more posts and higher status here that dont have avatars.

So, does this mean the "reach XXXX amout of posts to obtain avatar" policy is gone away with? Has a door been opened..........can all of us now sport avatars?

Cause as you can see below, I'm ready and waitin t get my avatar put in a nice spot underneath my name!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2004, 11:38 AM   #24
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Dog- a nice donation to the site will accelerate your avatar. Click on the "Make a Donation" button below and you too can have an avatar before "X" number of posts. The vast majority of us on this site have provided a donation. Why not join us?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 11:53 AM   #25
LRB
Guru

Dog also just FYI, Novice#41 is female. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2004, 04:11 PM   #26
kingrex
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Dog also just FYI, Novice#41 is female. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
How do you know this LRB? Are you privy to our personal profiles?
Old 03-09-2004, 05:34 PM   #27
NYCdog

Quote:
Dog- a nice donation to the site will accelerate your avatar. Click on the "Make a Donation" button below and you too can have an avatar before "X" number of posts. The vast majority of us on this site have provided a donation. Why not join us?
The sales pitch...........a good one. I kinda figured a donation would do it........I'll definitely be more then happy to join you guys..........

LRB.........Novice#41 is a gal huh.........interesting. I've always heard.......and seen......that gals down in Texas are quite the good lookers, especially on my numerous business trips to Big D and H-Town. "Mighty fine women down there"......as the locals would say.

Just curious.......since you happen to know more about her then me.......do you know if she continues the trend of beauty's in the Lone Star State......

If so, to the PM's I go .................
Old 03-09-2004, 07:05 PM   #28
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Novice#41 is from Germany.... despite many attempts by the d-m crew to get her to move to Texas.
Old 03-10-2004, 10:39 AM   #29
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Quote:
How do you know this LRB? Are you privy to our personal profiles?
Met her in person at a Dallas-Mavs.com party last year and through PM's. There's also an old thread in the lounge, "Women have to help" or something like that lists a lot of posters who are female.
Old 03-10-2004, 10:41 AM   #30
LRB
Guru

Quote:
LRB.........Novice#41 is a gal huh.........interesting. I've always heard.......and seen......that gals down in Texas are quite the good lookers, especially on my numerous business trips to Big D and H-Town. "Mighty fine women down there"......as the locals would say.
Dog as U2 stated, Novice is from Germany, but she's very attractive inside and out. And she's very friendly too.
Old 03-10-2004, 11:44 AM   #31
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Quote:
Dog as U2 stated, Novice is from Germany, but she's very attractive inside and out. And she's very friendly too.
As are all the women on this site! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2004, 02:41 AM   #32
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

helloooooo, why did noone invite me to participate in this small talk ?????? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

btw - thanks for clearing up a mystery [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]...
and thanks for the flowers, U2 + LRB [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]...

and Dog, i deserve my avatar... it doesn't matter how many post i achieved
over the last yrs... b/c i'm the "friendliest" (female) member here at d-m.com [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]...
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 11:25 AM   #33
NYCdog

Quote:
b/c i'm the "friendliest" (female) member here at d-m.com ...
Oh La La..............that got my attention. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2004, 02:18 PM   #34
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: Novice#41
helloooooo, why did noone invite me to participate in this small talk ?????? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

btw - thanks for clearing up a mystery [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]...
and thanks for the flowers, U2 + LRB [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]...

and Dog, i deserve my avatar... it doesn't matter how many post i achieved
over the last yrs... b/c i'm the "friendliest" (female) member here at d-m.com [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]...
You go girl..................................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-17-2004, 02:44 AM   #35
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Ms. Erica is added to the list of Diamond+ members with custom avatars!!!!

I'm so thrilled.

EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 04:34 AM   #36
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

What are you waiting for?

Get rid of the old 'Knows it all' teacher image and show us your real pretty you... [img]i/expressions/thumbsup.gif[/img]

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 04:35 AM   #37
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I'm waiting on the devoted and wonderful people that run this site and give us the site we so cherish. They are asleep! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2004, 05:22 PM   #38
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Ms. Erica is added to the list of Diamond+ members with custom avatars!!!!

I'm so thrilled.

rather coy Ms. EL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 09:24 AM   #39
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

EL...is still looking like a post-menopausal wench....*sigh*

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 03:49 AM   #40
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
EL...is still looking like a post-menopausal wench....*sigh*
wow, I've passed for 25 before, but never post-menopausal....That's a good 35 years more than I thought that I could get away with.