Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 01-30-2005, 10:54 AM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The people of Iraq send their regards and.....

Give Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, Michael Moore, Reeds, Mavdog, France, Germany, Russia, the Democrat (what a laugh) Party the finger. At the same time they give a big high 5 to Dubya, Australia, Britain, Japan, Poland, the Republican Party and all freedom lovers everywhere. Quite an elegant salute.

Allawai gives the new Iraqi "salute"

photographers salute

This one has an especially nice look to it.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2005, 11:20 AM   #2
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future
Default RE:The people of Iraq send their regards and.....

See them dance, Hear them sing
Iraq votes - Let freedom ring
Old 01-30-2005, 11:49 AM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

From iraq the model
---------------------

I couldn't think of a scene more beautiful than that.
From the early hours of the morning, People filled the street to the voting center in my neighborhood; youths, elders, women and men. Women's turn out was higher by the way. And by 11 am the boxes where I live were almost full!
Anyone watching that scene cannot but have tears of happiness, hope, pride and triumph.

The sounds of explosions and gunfire were clearly heard, some were far away but some were close enough to make the windows of the center shake but no one seemed to care about them as if the people weren't hearing these sounds at all.
I saw an old woman that I thought would get startled by the loud sound of a close explosion but she didn't seem to care, instead she was busy verifying her voting station's location as she found out that her name wasn't listed in this center.

How can I describe it!? Take my eyes and look through them my friends, you have supported the day of Iraq's freedom and today, Iraqis have proven that they're not going to disappoint their country or their friends.

Is there a bigger victory than this? I believe not.

I still recall the first group of comments that came to this blog 14 months ago when many of the readers asked "The Model?"… "Model for what?"
Take a look today to meet the model of courage and human desire to achieve freedom; people walking across the fire to cast their votes.

Could any model match this one!? Could any bravery match the Iraqis'!?
Let the remaining tyrants of the world learn the lesson from this day.
I walked forward to my station, cast my vote and then headed to the box, where I wanted to stand as long as I could, then I moved to mark my finger with ink, I dipped it deep as if I was poking the eyes of all the world's tyrants.
I put the paper in the box and with it, there were tears that I couldn't hold; I was trembling with joy and I felt like I wanted to hug the box but the supervisor smiled at me and said "brother, would you please move ahead, the people are waiting for their turn".
------------------

As dubya wrote on a note to Blair after afghanistan had voted. "Let freedom reign!"..
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 01-30-2005, 11:56 AM   #4
dude1394
Guru

Default RE: The people of Iraq send their regards and.....

link

Iraqi Voting Disrupts News Reports of Bombings
by Scott Ott

(2005-01-30) -- News reports of terrorist bombings in Iraq were marred Sunday by shocking graphic images of Iraqi "insurgents" voting by the millions in their first free democratic election.

Despite reporters' hopes that a well-orchestrated barrage of mortar attacks and suicide bombings would put down the so-called 'freedom insurgency', hastily-formed battalions of rebels swarmed polling places to cast their ballots -- shattering the status quo and striking fear into the hearts of the leaders of the existing terror regime.

An ink-stained finger marks an Iraqi woman as one of "tyranny's traitors."

Hopes for a return to the stability of tyranny waned as rank upon rank of Iraqi men and women filed out of precinct stations, each armed with the distinctive mark of the new freedom guerrillas -- an ink-stained index finger, which one former Ba'athist called "the evidence of their betrayal of 50 years of Iraqi tradition."

Journalists struggled to put a positive spin on the day's events, but the video images of tyranny's traitors choosing a future of freedom overwhelmed the official story of bloodshed and mayhem.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:16 PM   #5
dude1394
Guru

Can't get enough of this democracy stuff....
crosswalk

Old 01-30-2005, 12:49 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

Old 01-30-2005, 12:50 PM   #7
dude1394
Guru

from a soldier stationed in Camp Taji, Iraq:

Kathryn, Wanted to pass along a story from Baghdad this morning. At 0900, ~100 people started walking the 15km to a polling site in the city (their's was closed). The crowd grew to 300, then 500 and eventually more than 1,000. Some made the walk barefoot. As the reports came in our commander said: "Anyone willing to walk 10 miles to cast a ballot deserves to be protected." Then he ordered security for them.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:34 PM   #8
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Well, they did it. Time to move on, time to move out.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:41 PM   #9
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

As Sen.Tubby said where are the WMD's. Iraq was better off with sanctions.
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 05:18 PM   #10
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

Here is a liberal Champion who thinks the Iraqi election is a fraud. Liberals really have a twisted way of analyzing issues. They only complain, I think this is the bond that ties them with the "Arab Street"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'What a bloody charade'
January 30, 2005

By Robert Fisk

Baghdad - In Baghdad yesterday they were supposed to be preparing for an election. But they were preparing for war.

The American Bradley armoured vehicles on the streets, the United States foot patrols, the old Russian personnel carriers that Saddam Hussein bought on the cheap from the Soviet Union - now dressed up in the dull camouflage paint of the new Iraqi army - the hooded and masked policemen: they do not look like the prelude to an experiment in democracy. They are all waiting for the rivers of blood of which insurgents have warned. But there will be democracy in Iraq.

The mortars rained down yesterday morning on the Green Zone where the US and British embassies are located, a "thumpety-thump-thump" that brought the American Apache choppers over the surrounding highways in less than 30 seconds - but the insurgents had disappeared.

Then a fierce gun battle broke out in the very centre of Baghdad between Americans and insurgents. Too late again. The gunmen got away. Fantasy attacks before a fantasy election. Many Iraqis do not know the names of the candidates, let alone their policies.

But there will be democracy in Iraq.

The media boys and girls will be expected to play along with this. "Transition of power", says the hourly logo on CNN's live coverage of the election, though the poll is for a parliament to write a constitution, and the men who will form a majority within it will have no power.

They have no control over their own oil, no authority over the streets of Baghdad, let alone the rest of the country, no workable army or loyal police force. Their only power is that of the American military and its 150 000 soldiers whom we could all see on the main intersections of Baghdad yesterday.

The big television networks have been given a list of five polling stations where they will be "allowed" to film. Close inspection of the list shows that four of the five are in Shi'ite Muslim areas - where the polling will probably be high - and one in an upmarket Sunni area, where it will be moderate.

The majority Shi'ites, oppressed under Hussein, are expected to take a majority in the polling at the expense of the formerly dominant Sunnis.

Every working-class Sunni polling station will be out of bounds to the press. I wonder if the television lads will tell us that today when they show voters "flocking" to the polls.

In the Karada district, we found three truckloads of youths yesterday, all brandishing Iraqi flags, all - like the unemployed who have been sticking posters to Baghdad's walls - paid by the government to "advertise" the election. And there was a cameraman from Iraqi state television, of course, which is controlled by Iyad Allawi's "interim" government.

The "real" story is outside Baghdad, in the tens of thousands of square kilometres outside the government's control and beyond the sight of independent journalists, especially in the four Sunni Muslim provinces which are at the heart of Iraq's insurrection.

Right up to the election hour, US jets were continuing to bomb "terrorist targets", the latest in the city of Ramadi, which - although US President George Bush and Britain's Prime Minister Tony Blair do not say so - is now in the hands of the insurgents as surely as Fallujah was before the Americans destroyed it.

Every month since Allawi, the former CIA agent, was appointed premier, American air strikes on Iraq have been increasing exponentially.

There are no "embedded" reporters on the giant American air base at Qatar or aboard the US carriers in the Gulf from which these ever increasing and ever more lethal sorties are being flown. They go unrecorded, unreported, part of the "fantasy" war which is all too real to the victims but hidden from us journalists.

The reality is that much of Iraq has become a free-fire zone (for reference, see under "Vietnam") and the Americans are conducting this secret war as efficiently and as ruthlessly as they conducted their earlier bombing campaign against Iraq between 1991 and 2003, an air raid a day, or two raids, or three. Then they were attacking Hussein's "military targets" in Iraq.

Now they are attacking "foreign terrorist targets" or "anti-Iraqi forces": I especially like this one, since the foreigners involved in this violence happen in reality to be Americans who are mostly attacking Iraqis.

Yes, I know how it's all going to be played out. Iraqis bravely vote despite the bloodcurdling threats of the enemies of democracy. At last, the US and British policies have reached fruition. A real and functioning democracy will be in place so the occupiers can leave soon. Or next year. Or in a decade or so. Merely to hold these elections - an act of folly in the eyes of so many Iraqis - will be a "success".

The Shi'ites will vote en masse, the Sunnis will largely abstain. Shi'ite Muslim power will be enshrined for the first time in an Arab country. And then the manipulation will begin and the claims of fraud and the admissions that the elections might be "flawed" in some areas.

But we'll go on saying "democracy" and "freedom" over and over again, the insurgency will continue and grow more violent, and the Iraqis will go on dying. But there will be democracy in Iraq.

l Iraq closed its borders and imposed stringent security yesterday but could not stop insurgent strikes that killed at least 19 people in the final hours before the country's election.

Cities were like ghost towns as most of the population waited nervously at home to see if it would be safe enough to take part in the first election since the ousting of Hussein by the US-led forces in April 2003.

A rocket hit the US embassy inside Baghdad's fortified Green Zone late yesterday, killing two people and wounding at least four, a diplomatic source said. A suicide bomber in Khanaqin killed eight people, and nine police, soldiers and civilians died in other attacks across the country.

Iraq's land borders and Baghdad airport have been closed for the election weekend as authorities sought to counter threats by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who has replaced Hussein as Iraq's most feared man, to wreck the election. - Foreign Service, Sapa-AP and Reuters

Old 01-30-2005, 08:28 PM   #11
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas

Oh well, they voted, so now we can let them deal with it, hasta la vista, hope everything works out. Don't call us, we'll call you. Check with me next week, maybe we can do lunch. Sheeesh..
Old 01-30-2005, 09:02 PM   #12
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas

Oh well, they voted, so now we can let them deal with it, hasta la vista, hope everything works out. Don't call us, we'll call you. Check with me next week, maybe we can do lunch. Sheeesh..
They voted with a state into their state? Isn't it absurd?

If they voted it means that they had a state of law running; if they need to have a foreign nation still fighting for them or for whatever, into their land, it means they don't have a state of law.

Yes, an "hasta la vista" would mean that they are really freed; or maybe not, maybe the reasons for the invasion changed again.

Do we have a problem with that, or is the invasion going to be kept till 2008?

Edit: Btw, the latter opinion has nothing to do with the happiness they are feeling, they deserve it.

Old 01-30-2005, 09:17 PM   #13
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

Here more crap from the malcontents

---------------------------------------------------
Under pressure from the Bush Administration, political parties campaigning in this weekend's so-called "election" in Iraq did not proposed timetables for the withdrawal of US troops from their homeland.

This constraint upon the debate effectively denied the Iraqi people an honest choice. Polls suggest that the majority of Iraqis favor the quick withdrawal of US forces, yet the voters of that battered land were cheated out of a campaign that could have allowed them to send a clear signal of opposition to the occupation.

Despite this disconnect, when the voting was done, Administration aides declared a victory in President's Bush's crusade for "liberty." And thus was born the latest lie of an Administration that has built its arguments for the invasion and occupation of Iraq on a foundation of petty deception and gross deceit.

That democracy has been denied in Iraq is beyond question. The charade of an election, played out against a backdrop of violence so unchecked that a substantial portion of the electorate-- particularly Sunni Muslims--avoided the polls for reasons of personal safety, featuring candidates who dared not speak their names and characterized by a debate so stilted that the electorate did not know who or what it is electing.

Now that this farce of an "election" in Iraq is done, the fight for democracy should move from Baghdad to Washington. It is in the US Capitol that members of Congress, if they are serious about spreading democracy abroad and strengthening it at home, need to begin advocating for the rapid withdrawal of US troops from Iraq.

Americans need to recognize that, in addition to the lives and dollars this occupation has cost the United States, it has also assaulted democratic ideals handed down by the founders of America's experiment with democracy. George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and their kind did not warn casually against the "entangling alliances" that go with empire building. Having revolted themselves against an occupying force, they well recognized the necessity that democracy be homegrown.

"We should have nothing to do with conquest," warned Jefferson, who believed the US must lead by example, not by force. The invasion and occupation of other lands would, the founders feared, turn America into precisely the sort of empire against which they had so recently rebelled.

When he served as Secretary of State, John Quincy Adams explained the principle best: "(America) knows best that by enlisting under other banners than her own, were they even the banners of foreign independence, she would involve herself beyond the power of extrication, in all the wars of interest and intrigue, of individual avarice, envy, and ambition, which assume the colors and usurp the standard of freedom."

None of the twisted "spin" about spreading democracy that will be mouthed in coming days by members of the Bush Administration, its allies in Congress and its amen corner in the media will be sufficient to counter the truth handed down by those who founded the American democracy.

Liberty is not spread at gunpoint, nor by the occupation of distant lands. There will be no real democracy in Iraq until the occupation of that country has ended
Old 01-30-2005, 11:17 PM   #14
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Wow, lol... Lets only put the minority of Iraqis who support the election in the media. A anti american goverment will come to power, and Kerry was dead on today.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 12:48 AM   #15
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: #1MavsFan
Wow, lol... Lets only put the minority of Iraqis who support the election in the media. A anti american goverment will come to power, and Kerry was dead on today.
Transcript

MR. RUSSERT: Let me show you a photograph from Inauguration Day. Here is George W. Bush giving his second inaugural address. And there watching is John Kerry.

SEN. KERRY: I was in the wrong seat there, wasn't I?

MR. RUSSERT: What was going through your mind at that moment on that morning?

SEN. KERRY: Respect for the process, not feeling sorry for myself at all. I mean, look, I think we waged a great campaign. Did we make some mistakes? You bet we did. I take responsibility for them. You know, I am the person in charge, my campaign, I am responsible. I am not going to sit around worrying about what we did or didn't do. But we did some unbelievable things. We raised more money than any Democratic campaign in history. We involved more volunteers than any campaign in history. I won more votes than any candidate on the Democratic side has ever won in history. I lost, Tim, to an incumbent president by a closer margin than an incumbent president has ever won re-election before in the history of the country, and if you add up the popular vote in the battleground states, I won the popular vote in the battleground states by two percentage points. We just didn't distribute it correctly in Ohio.

So I think we did a great job, and we are going to continue to build on that campaign as I am now with my Kids First health plan. We have over 400,000 co-sponsors through the Internet who want to fight for this, and we are going to fight for it.

MR. RUSSERT: At the Clinton Library dedication on November 18, a few weeks after the election, you were quoted as saying, "It was the Osama bin Laden tape. It scared the voters," the tape that appeared just a day before the election here. Do you believe that tape is the reason you lost the race?

SEN. KERRY: I believe that 9/11 was the central deciding issue in this race. And the tape--we were rising in the polls up until the last day when the tape appeared. We flat-lined the day the tape appeared and went down on Monday. I think it had an impact. But 9/11, you know, it's a very difficult hurdle when a country is at war. I applauded the president's leadership in the days immediately afterwards. I thought he did a good job in that, and he obviously connected to the American people in those immediate days. When a country is at war and in the wake of 9/11, it's very difficult to shift horses in midstream. I think it's remarkable we came as close as we did as a campaign. Many Republicans say we beat their models by four or five points as to what they thought we could achieve.

I am proud of the campaign, Tim. And I think if you look at what we did in states, I mean, millions of new voters came into this process. I won the youth vote. I won the independent vote. I won the moderate vote. If you take half the people at an Ohio State football game on Saturday afternoon and they were to have voted the other way, you and I would be having a discussion today about my State of the Union speech.

MR. RUSSERT: And the president will say if he had half the people at a high school basketball game in New Hampshire or Oregon, he would have carried those states because he lost them by 5,000 or 7,000.

SEN. KERRY: Well, the point is--that's right, and that's the difference. That the difference in this race was 18 electoral votes, 50,000, 60,000 people changing their votes in one state. That is a mandate for unity, not a mandate to go rushing off to change Social Security, not a mandate to ignore the fiscal crisis of our country, not a mandate to sort of pick some ideological hot buttons and start punching them. It is a mandate, as I said in my concession speech, to bring the country together, find the common ground and do things that we need to do to strengthen America. And there is a long list of those things.

MR. RUSSERT: But you voted against Condoleezza Rice to be secretary of state. That's not finding common ground. She is qualified to hold that job, no?

SEN. KERRY: Yes , and I said so. But I also said that she was a principal architect, implementer and defender of a policy that has made the United States of America less secure in the world. And that was a fight that was central to my campaign. It is central to what I think is one of the major issues that faces our country. And I think it's important to have accountability. I paid her a great tribute for her journey of life. I mean, I think she's a remarkable person. And I think she's obviously accomplished a great deal. But I wasn't voting on whether she was just qualified. I was voting on the judgments that she brought to the table. I was voting on the answers that she gave us in committee. And I was voting on the vision that she offered to the country. And I found all three, frankly, faulty.

John Kerry is a vagina.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:28 AM   #16
dude1394
Guru

Just like kerry. To vote both FOR rice and against her. noodle.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:34 AM   #17
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
I won more votes than any candidate on the Democratic side has ever won in history. I lost, Tim, to an incumbent president by a closer margin than an incumbent president has ever won re-election before in the history of the country
nothing better refutes any connotation of a "mandate" for Bush and his policies.

As far as Rice, I can see from the above comments (and one euphemism which certainly sets a new low mark for a poster) that the idea of a vote against her being reflective of a poor performance in her NSD role is difficult for some to grasp. I'd like to hear from her supporters what she has shown from her tenure as NSD that indicates a promotion is deserved. All I can recall is failure...

Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 10:23 AM   #18
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavdog
Quote:
I won more votes than any candidate on the Democratic side has ever won in history. I lost, Tim, to an incumbent president by a closer margin than an incumbent president has ever won re-election before in the history of the country
As far as Rice, I can see from the above comments (and one euphemism which certainly sets a new low mark for a poster) that the idea of a vote against her being reflective of a poor performance in her NSD role is difficult for some to grasp.
Sorry Mavdog, I gotta call 'em like I see 'em. Obstructionism is not admirable. I have nothing but contempt for that shadow of a man.

John Kerry was the failed candidate of a fractured party, even Soros thinks so. link

Old 01-31-2005, 10:34 AM   #19
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: capitalcity
Quote:
Quote:
As far as Rice, I can see from the above comments (and one euphemism which certainly sets a new low mark for a poster) that the idea of a vote against her being reflective of a poor performance in her NSD role is difficult for some to grasp.
Sorry Mavdog, I gotta call 'em like I see 'em. Obstructionism is not admirable. I have nothing but contempt for that shadow of a man.
It certainly is reflective of the writer, not the subject, when crass euphemisims are used.

I notice that there is no rebuttal to Rice's failures as NSD. Qualifications are one thing, performance is however a better indicator. No success stories...no valid reason for a promotion, just as Kerry outlined.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:46 AM   #20
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It certainly is reflective of the writer, not the subject, when crass euphemisims are used.

I notice that there is no rebuttal to Rice's failures as NSD. Qualifications are one thing, performance is however a better indicator. No success stories...no valid reason for a promotion, just as Kerry outlined.
To clarify: It was #1 who interjected with John F'n Kerry's negative views. It seemed only right to refute Kerry's distortions by outlining just a bit of the flip-flopping spinless remarks made during the course of the interview. I could care less about Condi Rice and her supposed shortcomings.

My not so subtle comment about the "man" from massachussets was made in jest. Point being - Yesterday the Iraqis took great strides to rebuilding their country. The vote would never have been realized under a...cringe...Kerry Presidency, because that pussy would have caved into the Sunni clerics and called the whole thing off.

This thread should be about the resounding signal the Iraqi peoples sent to militants in their midst and tyrannts in their region - Not about the cynisim of a washed up roadblock of a senator.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:48 AM   #21
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Back on Topic.

Old 01-31-2005, 12:11 PM   #22
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

To clarify: It was #1 who interjected with John F'n Kerry's negative views. It seemed only right to refute Kerry's distortions by outlining just a bit of the flip-flopping spinless remarks made during the course of the interview. I could care less about Condi Rice and her supposed shortcomings.

My not so subtle comment about the "man" from massachussets was made in jest. Point being - Yesterday the Iraqis took great strides to rebuilding their country. The vote would never have been realized under a...cringe...Kerry Presidency, because that pussy would have caved into the Sunni clerics and called the whole thing off.

This thread should be about the resounding signal the Iraqi peoples sent to militants in their midst and tyrannts in their region - Not about the cynisim of a washed up roadblock of a senator.
wow. your dreams are interesting, but nevertheless that's all they are, conjecture and fabrication of what mighta happened. but if you want to go there so you can use female anatomy vocabulary, whatever...

the senator wasn't cynical at all. well, not cynical about anything other than rating condi rice's job performance. in case you missed it, he was (as most everybody I know of are) positive and pleased about the vote. as he cautioned, don't get caught up with it, it isn't the end of the war. the average iraqi's life is just the same post vote as it was pre vote.
this is going to take a lot more time. more money. more lives. more elections.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:40 PM   #23
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

wow. your dreams are interesting, but nevertheless that's all they are, conjecture and fabrication of what mighta happened.
good point. we still don't know what Kerry's position on Iraq is.

Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 01:17 PM   #24
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

Congrats to the Iraq's. Vote, have a dance, celebrate, have a few drinks, everybody good, sounds great, now lets (edited my a Dallas-Mavs.com moderator) pull our troops out and send them back to their wifes & children!
Old 01-31-2005, 01:34 PM   #25
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: vinnieponte
Congrats to the Iraq's. Vote, have a dance, celebrate, have a few drinks, everybody good, sounds great, now lets (edited by a Dallas-Mavs.com moderator) pull our troops out and send them back to their wifes & children!
Well put vinnie. But as Mavdog stated this process will take more time, more money, and further elections.

I pray the worst is behind us...
Old 01-31-2005, 01:47 PM   #26
vinnieponte

Quote:
Quote:
Congrats to the Iraq's. Vote, have a dance, celebrate, have a few drinks, everybody good, sounds great, now lets (edited by a Dallas-Mavs.com moderator) pull our troops out and send them back to their wifes & children!
Well put vinnie. But as Mavdog stated this process will take more time, more money, and further elections.

I pray the worst is behind us...
mavdog is correct. It is going to take Billions more, more time, and more innocent deaths to our military. We should of never been there! We didn't go there for a election, and we certainly didn't go there on "accurate & true information" either! We need to pull out. All the billions used to kill people could have been used to save millions. How far could we be right now if we spent all the money on the war onto aids research, cancer research, cleaning up america, helping seniors, and the millions of americans without jobs? This war was a mistake and will always be one. It's time to clean up and end it.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:37 PM   #27
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

"We need to pull out. All the billions used to kill people could have been used to save millions. How far could we be right now if we spent all the money on the war onto aids research, cancer research, cleaning up america, helping seniors, and the millions of americans without jobs? This war was a mistake and will always be one. It's time to clean up and end it."

But Vinnie, isnt helping Iraq and their people much more important than the problems in OUR OWN country??? Of course the answer is NO- but you cant argue with the republicans about it..they are always correct...who cares that they have to jump over homeless on their walk to work, or the deficit is soaring, or health care costs are out of control, or millions are without work..as long as IRAQ is free, its all good right?????

Old 01-31-2005, 07:44 PM   #28
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

Just imagine if only Saddam was still in Power, we could have world peace and a cure for Aids.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:59 PM   #29
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: reeds
But Vinnie, isnt helping Iraq and their people much more important than the problems in OUR OWN country??? Of course the answer is NO- but you cant argue with the republicans about it..they are always correct...who cares that they have to jump over homeless on their walk to work, or the deficit is soaring, or health care costs are out of control, or millions are without work..as long as IRAQ is free, its all good right?????
Republicans believe America is a great country because of what your able to achieve.

Democrats believe America is a great country because of what your able to receive.

Old 01-31-2005, 09:30 PM   #30
dude1394
Guru

Such small minds.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:10 PM   #31
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Quote:

Republicans believe America is a great country because of what your able to achieve.

Democrats believe America is a great country because of what your able to receive.
I get it now! We should be proud that we've achieved killing about 50k civilians, and lost 1500+ soldiers for nothing, not.

Republicans believe its ok to risk lives for nothing, and the rich only should receive. And thats quite true (the "wmd" war, and the special treatment to the rich and all).

Democrats believe we shouldn't get too involved in foreign affairs especially when its MORALLY wrong and the rest of the world even see's it that way. And that no should receive special treatments and especially not the rich. Also most of them believe in helping the common person(kerry's proposed health care plan) something republicans laught at(give tax cut to the rich, and take away benifits from everyone else).

Quote:
Such small minds.
I agree, you must need a small and simple mind to actually belive lie after lie after lie after lie and not even realize it.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 01:33 AM   #32
dude1394
Guru

It's a dang good thing that our founding fathers weren't leftists. They would've tucked tail at the first sight of a redcoat.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:59 AM   #33
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
"We need to pull out. All the billions used to kill people could have been used to save millions. How far could we be right now if we spent all the money on the war onto aids research, cancer research, cleaning up america, helping seniors, and the millions of americans without jobs? This war was a mistake and will always be one. It's time to clean up and end it."

If you actually think American's problems before the war could stand up to the problems that the Iraqi people were having you are oh so wrong. I'd rather be out of work than wake up with no idea if my family was dead or alive each morning. But thanks for trying.

And by the way, the unemployment rate is lower now than since the war has started.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 09:54 AM   #34
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

"Just imagine if only Saddam was still in Power, we could have world peace and a cure for Aids."

FISH- what are you saying? Saddam is gone- now there is world peace? Not even close..but believe as you wish..

"If you actually think American's problems before the war could stand up to the problems that the Iraqi people were having you are oh so wrong. I'd rather be out of work than wake up with no idea if my family was dead or alive each morning. But thanks for trying."

I didnt say they could stand up to the problems of IRAQ did I?! Our problems should be priority, not their problems. 99% of this country had NO idea about IRAQ or its problems before 9/11. Now it is such a huge concern to the republicans..that means one thing- its all PHONY..you all talk with sympathy, but you really could care less about Iraq. Mavsman, did you lay awake at night thinking, "god- please liberate that country of IRAQ, I feel such sympathy towards them..my heart just bleeds every day for them"...until BUSH and his puppets started talking about Saddam, you had NO CLUE...just admit it...
Old 02-01-2005, 12:27 PM   #35
dude1394
Guru

Quote:

Classy as always..
Old 02-01-2005, 12:50 PM   #36
vinnieponte

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
Quote:

Classy as always..
you know it dude, and thank you. You did forget to mention my praise over the election and not once have I ever knocked it! Its great they have gained more freedom, but the war was based on false wmd's, not a election. Therefore we have no "true" purpose there and our soilders, whom were lied to, should come home at once.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:07 PM   #37
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
"Just imagine if only Saddam was still in Power, we could have world peace and a cure for Aids."

FISH- what are you saying? Saddam is gone- now there is world peace? Not even close..but believe as you wish..

"If you actually think American's problems before the war could stand up to the problems that the Iraqi people were having you are oh so wrong. I'd rather be out of work than wake up with no idea if my family was dead or alive each morning. But thanks for trying."

I didnt say they could stand up to the problems of IRAQ did I?! Our problems should be priority, not their problems. 99% of this country had NO idea about IRAQ or its problems before 9/11. Now it is such a huge concern to the republicans..that means one thing- its all PHONY..you all talk with sympathy, but you really could care less about Iraq. Mavsman, did you lay awake at night thinking, "god- please liberate that country of IRAQ, I feel such sympathy towards them..my heart just bleeds every day for them"...until BUSH and his puppets started talking about Saddam, you had NO CLUE...just admit it...
This is where your logic once again falls apart and you again continue to run your mouth like a 5-year old kid. You do know that there are other countries in the world besides the United States? We are the richest, most well-endowed, healthiest and most free country in the world... why not use what we've been blessed with to help other people instead of keeping all our money to ourselves? This post reeks of selfishness.

The United States should be a priority. That is true. However, the "problems" we were having with unemployment and such issues don't even begin to compare to the thousands of people being tortured and killed every day for being different.

Reeds you're a liberal.. One good thing about liberals is that they usually feel sympathy for everyone, and not just themselves. How you can honestly care more about employing [even more] people in the United States instead of stopping hordes of unneccessary deaths under the angry hand of a ruthless dictator is beyond me.

Would you feel safer knowing that more money is being poured into disease research while mothers, fathers, and children are being tortured, burned alive and gassed every day as we speak? Would that make you happier about your life?
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote