Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-09-2005, 12:41 PM   #1
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future
Default Drafting PG - what if?

What if Devin Harris had stayed in Wisconsin for his sr. yr and was coming out this year?
Where do you think he would fall in this year's draft? Especially in relation to the other points coming out this year...
If the Mavs had their pick of any of the pg's, you think they would have still taken DH?

dunno if I ever saw him up against Chris Paul or Felton, but i know DH smoked Illinois regularly the previous year. That said,
I think Deron Williams has improved a lot the past year and is a much better 'point' in terms of passing.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2005, 10:15 PM   #2
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Drafting PG - what if?

Chris Paul is in his class, the other two aren't quite at his level.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 04:00 PM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Drafting PG - what if?

If gene therapy was available to instil the mature passing that Deron Williams already has into the body of Devin Harris, we'd have the next Dwyane Wade.

BAck on topic: anything could have happened. Harris very easily could have improved his senior year posting 24ppg, 6apg, 5rpg, and over 80% FT shooting. (up from 19.5ppg, 4.4apg, 4.3rpg), but he also could have kept up the same numbers and scouts would be weary of his "room to improve". He also could have sustained an injury which would have put him back quite a bit. Whatever.

And some of the hype we see behind players comes from how their teams performed in the NCAA. If Wisconsin had gone farther, we'd see more hype, if they didnt, then we'd see less.

Its pretty tough to predict.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 04:57 PM   #4
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future
Default RE:Drafting PG - what if?

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
If gene therapy was available to instil the mature passing that Deron Williams already has into the body of Devin Harris, we'd have the next Dwyane Wade.

BAck on topic: anything could have happened. Harris very easily could have improved his senior year posting 24ppg, 6apg, 5rpg, and over 80% FT shooting. (up from 19.5ppg, 4.4apg, 4.3rpg), but he also could have kept up the same numbers and scouts would be weary of his "room to improve". He also could have sustained an injury which would have put him back quite a bit. Whatever.

And some of the hype we see behind players comes from how their teams performed in the NCAA. If Wisconsin had gone farther, we'd see more hype, if they didnt, then we'd see less.

Its pretty tough to predict.
Yeah, i'm not sure if he would have improved his numbers by that much... probably not in scoring at least. But though Wisconsin got decent guard play this year, imagine if they had Devin on top of that. Wisconsin only lost by 6 to UNC - it was pretty darn close and there could have been plenty of hype with that.

To answer the question, i think i'd still want him over any of the other points in this draft - Chris Paul included. He's bigger, plays better D, and has just as much if not more upside. I just thought it was interesting that this draft is considered to be pretty good in terms of PG's available but I think we still got a great one from last year.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote