Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Dallas-Mavs.com Stuff

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 09:35 PM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can we please remove the reputation feature?

I like the concept of it but in reality it is a beating. I get tired of hearing about reputation wars and the nasty comments that sometimes accompanies reputation.

Can't we just get rid of it? Please?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2006, 06:22 AM   #2
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hahaha... I haven't taken part in any of the recent stuff, but I kind of like that the existence of of the reputation function livens things up whenever folks start getting testy about the business. As a matter of fact, I almost wish the function would become anonymous again, because then the reputation monkey business would really get out of control...
Old 02-15-2006, 06:39 AM   #3
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

I mean my reputation is down anyways since Drbio gives me his Daily bad rep, so I'm all for anonymous bad rep...

Oh and by the way, doc, you owe me 2 good reps, don't forget about that... You owe them since you gave me two bad reps when murphy gave you two in my name...

But hey, you will renege anyway so........

MAKE IT ANONYMOUS AGAIN! THIS WILL BE A LOT OF FUN....

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Old 02-15-2006, 09:52 AM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I find it hilarious when someone pisses and whines about getting bad reps. I've gotten over 30 bad reps. Who cares? MFFL will tell you that he and I have had a blast sending messages back and forth couched in the rep feature (all good to MFFL even though he dinged me once ).

Some of the funniest things I have ever seen on this board have been in rep that I have received.

Those who whine so much about rep need to get a life and lighten up. Get over it. It is a message board feature. Hell, if it weren't for whining about rep, Arne would only have 2 posts. People need to lighten up about rep.

When it was anonymous and murph gave me bad rep with another persons name....that was funny. It's all good.

Last edited by Drbio; 02-15-2006 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:07 AM   #5
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

As to people whining about bad rep:

"every time you give me bad rep you will get it back ten times over" --doc

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Old 02-15-2006, 10:25 AM   #6
Drbio
Banned

No whine....just fact. You really can't comprehend english very well can you?

You whine more about rep than any two people on this board. Lighten up. If 409 of your posts weren't about rep you might not receive any.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:47 PM   #7
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
I find it hilarious when someone pisses and whines about getting bad reps. I've gotten over 30 bad reps. Who cares? MFFL will tell you that he and I have had a blast sending messages back and forth couched in the rep feature.
It was fun but we could have accomplished the same with PMs. The rep whining is a beating though.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:52 PM   #8
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

30 bad reps do not hurt you because you have much to be proud of

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
Old 02-15-2006, 11:11 PM   #9
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

We've always been a very laissez-faire group of moderators, and this has always been a fairly free board with a few notable lapses and exceptions to that policy, none of which I have personally supported in full.

So, in that vein, I would just say that if you don't like reputation, just ignore it. I enjoy it. It's an easy way for me to tell someone I appreciated their post without going through all the clicking necessary to send a PM. And it can be entertaining if you take it lightly.

I understand that it has been abused in some cases and over-emphasized in many cases... but I think that will diminish as the new wears off. Besides, some of the spazzing and squabbling gives the board character.

As of yet, rep-related arguments and sniping have hijacked less threads than I can count on one hand, so it's no biggie. If rep-related sniping gets out of hand at any given time in the future and starts to bleed into threads, let me know and I'll simply moderate the affected threads to keep them on topic and enjoyable.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:33 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
30 bad reps do not hurt you because you have much to be proud of

They don't hurt me because worrying about bad rep is gay.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:21 AM   #11
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I like the rep quite a bit. It's a sticky pm. Nice little note positive or negative.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-16-2006, 01:30 AM   #12
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Giving reps is like competing on the basketball court. A lot of it is the same, and a lot of it is different. But a lot of it is the same.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Old 02-16-2006, 10:30 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL
I like the concept of it but in reality it is a beating. I get tired of hearing about reputation wars and the nasty comments that sometimes accompanies reputation.

Can't we just get rid of it? Please?
I think that if we just got rid of Doc it'd alleviate all of our problems.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:34 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Good idea murph.....

chum- to answer your question...it appears that they deleted my 3900+ points and green boxes. Otherwise I don't know what happened to all the green boxes......and I really could care less. I guess they really showed me huh?

Interesting....it appears that chummys question has been editted out. hhmmmm....

Last edited by Drbio; 02-16-2006 at 10:40 PM.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:40 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

LOL! It looks like Deus is back as SMUboyee...
Old 02-16-2006, 11:58 PM   #16
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I don't like the fact that when people send me neg rep, they don't say why.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 02-17-2006, 01:05 AM   #17
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
I don't like the fact that when people send me neg rep, they don't say why.

Blank reps are disrespectful. At least say something.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:22 PM   #18
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Good idea murph.....

chum- to answer your question...it appears that they deleted my 3900+ points and green boxes. Otherwise I don't know what happened to all the green boxes......and I really could care less. I guess they really showed me huh?

Interesting....it appears that chummys question has been editted out. hhmmmm....
Is it possible that the rep resets after 4000 points?
Old 02-19-2006, 06:21 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

Could be EM2....but it is unimportant.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:23 AM   #20
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
LOL! It looks like Deus is back as SMUboyee...
Looks like I was wrong about Deus.....

Mystery solved????

I got a confidential heads up a day or so ago about Rob and my points disappearing. Apparently at another site he has been credited with making a statement about moving all of my points to another poster. Interestingly enough, a member here (smuboyee) has zero posts and all my missing points. Of course, I have no way of knowing if this is true, but whatever.

Also, a certain mod (Rob) and poster smuboyee gave me neg rep about the same time. Pretty ironic......in a lame ass kind of way.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:59 PM   #21
Drbio
Banned

I guess I pissed them off again because some stupid bitch just docked another 400 points.

Oh well....
Old 04-06-2006, 07:54 AM   #22
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Get over the Rep issue, Doc. Geezus! You say it doesnt matter to you but you're the only one constantly crying about it. Thanks for the bad rep, again, though.

And for the record, i have no control what so ever to manipulate ones rep.

Cheers.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.

Last edited by LonestarROB; 04-06-2006 at 07:55 AM.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:36 AM   #23
Drbio
Banned

Whatever Rob. It's funny that info came from another site.

As for rep....no big deal. I just don't appreciate some gameplaying jackass constantly jacking with my account. I guess after hours and hours of online gameplay and masturbation you can't help yourself.

Last edited by Drbio; 04-06-2006 at 08:38 AM.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:58 AM   #24
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

doc, I can guarantee you Rob had nothing to do with it since mods don't have control over the issue. Plus Rob barely has any rep himself so his rep-giving/taking-away powers aren't quite enough to put a dent in yours
Old 04-06-2006, 09:50 AM   #25
Drbio
Banned

All my rep entries remained...it was the now 4,500+ points that disappeared.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:57 AM   #26
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Quote:
Whatever Rob. It's funny that info came from another site.

As for rep....no big deal. I just don't appreciate some gameplaying jackass constantly jacking with my account. I guess after hours and hours of online gameplay and masturbation you can't help yourself.
You have no idea how big a moron you're making yourself out to be right now. :lol: I'd love to know who this "other" site is. You dont know, because their isnt one. This is the only site i own/am a member of, that uses a Rep feature.

Old 04-06-2006, 10:02 AM   #27
Drbio
Banned

Again...whatever. Go back to your masturbation rob.

Last edited by Drbio; 04-06-2006 at 10:04 AM.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:07 AM   #28
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Nice mature reply ya got there, kid. Typical of you.

Old 04-06-2006, 10:12 AM   #29
Drbio
Banned

Where is that studly pic of you and that horse skinny boy?

Run off now rob....your lotion awaits you.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:12 AM   #30
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Hmmmm.....whos this new member that just registered on my site by the name of "Rob=Assfag".

Hey whatdaya know, it match Do'c IP address.

Old 04-06-2006, 10:13 AM   #31
Drbio
Banned

To yourself be true Rob...to yourself be true.

I wonder why Rob is even a mod here anymore. He does nothing but increase the zit-faced jerkin-to-the-online games geek factor.

Last edited by Drbio; 04-06-2006 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:20 AM   #32
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Sticks and stones, kid. Sticks and stones.

Still waiting for this "other" site.

Last edited by LonestarROB; 04-06-2006 at 10:21 AM.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:21 AM   #33
Drbio
Banned

It's okj Rob...another member exposed you to me and now you are reeling.....I figured it for you. Pretty interesting that I had so much detail about smuboyee and such. Nice retreat.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:29 AM   #34
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Retreat?

Hard for me to retreat when you havent stepped up yet isnt it? Not that i'd ever retreat from an internet tough guy anyway.

Only 2 possible members it could have been and it wasnt either of them.

You're too easy, kid. Come hard or please go home.

Old 04-06-2006, 10:33 AM   #35
Drbio
Banned

Denial is typical of a captured liar. I guarantee you the member who gave me the heads up is VASTLY more respected here than your lying ass.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:42 AM   #36
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

So much talk but you havent said anything yet.

Old 04-06-2006, 10:46 AM   #37
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

btw, nice email addy you used to register on my site. "gayfagrob@aol.com"

Old 04-06-2006, 11:21 AM   #38
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Rob, you should seriously consider changing your email address.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:30 AM   #39
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

thats Do'cs new email address.

Old 04-06-2006, 12:00 PM   #40
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Ok I think the usefulness of this thread has run its course..
Closed Thread