Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 03-28-2007, 11:55 AM   #1
atrewsfan
Banned

atrewsfan will become famous soon enoughatrewsfan will become famous soon enough
Default Desmond Mason a Mav next year?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.372be10.html

That'd be sweet. Stackhouse will come off the books after the season so we'll be able to afford Mason. Start Mason at SG alongside Harris or start him at SF and move Howard to SG, and have Terry come off the bench as the third guard/sixth man.
atrewsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2007, 01:33 PM   #2
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

Didn't Desmond Mason string us along in trades a few years ago?
Said he wanted to come to Dallas to drive up his prices?
Old 03-28-2007, 02:42 PM   #3
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Umm I like Mason and it would be nice, but sorry if I have to say that thats just another DUMB comment on JET COMING OFF THE BENCH.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?? wow i just wonder hoe the thought process of some works on here who think that he will be coming off the bench.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:06 PM   #4
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrewsfan
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.372be10.html

That'd be sweet. Stackhouse will come off the books after the season so we'll be able to afford Mason. Start Mason at SG alongside Harris or start him at SF and move Howard to SG, and have Terry come off the bench as the third guard/sixth man.
Come on man, you sound like a Spurs fan by talking this Jet on the bench mess. Stick to the comics or something, but any mention of putting Jet on the bench is completely crazy. I am sorry to bash, but that is a crazy statement, plus Mason does not play defense and is injury prone. I say "NO" to that..
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:05 PM   #5
Custiom

Custiom will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
Plus Mason does not play defense and is injury prone. I say "NO" to that..
Complete opposite of that. He plays defense and is durable, but is terribly inefficient on offense.
Custiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:30 PM   #6
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmfast
Didn't Desmond Mason string us along in trades a few years ago?
Said he wanted to come to Dallas to drive up his prices?
I think you may be thinking of his former Sonic teammate, Rashard Lewis.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:46 PM   #7
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Gerald Wallace anyone?
Old 03-28-2007, 11:19 PM   #8
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I like Desmond Mason's game quite a lot, actually. I don't know what the guy a few posts above me is thinking (probably has Mason confused with someone else?) but Mason is actually a pretty darn good defender and rebounder. He doesn't historically shoot very well, but I'd say he's about as good (if not more consistent) a scorer as Stack and is FAR less injury-prone (not to mention a few years younger). I think he'd be a GREAT fit for us next year, and if he has to replace Stack, I'd be okay with that.

The biggest losses for us in "exchanging" Stack for Mason would be the balls-out last-second shooting that Stack brings, and the fact that Mason is not a three-point shooting threat AT ALL.

Last edited by spreedom; 03-28-2007 at 11:20 PM.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:55 PM   #9
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness
Gerald Wallace anyone?
If he's up for a contract this summer, he'll be cashing in. I'm pretty sure he's still very young and he's on the Bobcats that have money to dish out.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:01 AM   #10
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubOverdose
If he's up for a contract this summer, he'll be cashing in. I'm pretty sure he's still very young and he's on the Bobcats that have money to dish out.
That's correct, he'll be receiving a very large contract this offseason from the Bobcats most likely. There's no way we can afford him.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:35 AM   #11
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custiom
Complete opposite of that. He plays defense and is durable, but is terribly inefficient on offense.
Should I rest my case? http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3416/career

If I remember correctly, he got hurt last year and had the worst year in his career numbers wise. Then as I look even more closely, I see that since his contract year, he has done poorly compared to the rest of his mediocre career. As I farther look, I see a career 26% 3-point shooter, plus about a 14% 3-point shooter for the last three years. Next, I see a 67% free throw shooter the last two years. Next I see a player that averaged 10 points in 2004-05, 13.6 in 2005-06, which are not pop-up numbers for a guy who averages 31 min in a starting role. Next I see a career average of 1.6 assists, with the last two years with an average of about 1 assist a game. Then next, I see a guy who averages about 2.6 turnovers a game this year. I next compare this to Stack who is averaging 2 turnovers a game since coming to the Mavs. If I re-call even that number gives us some fist from the standpoint of fans, so someone averaging 2.6 would cause great concern.

Lastly, lets add the fact that Mason is not a leader on/off the floor. Is not a leader for the Mavs. Is not the spark plug from the bench. The fact that he is not capable of hitting big shots, or playing with emotions on the floor to get the rest of the players fired up. Does not pass the ball well. Lets see, who says they love Mason?

If I missed something please let me know. But, it also seems that since the injury in 2005, he has fallen down even worse by the waistside. I like Mason as well, but I dont see how he fits the Mavs in any way at all. Stack is the perfect fit all the way around.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:40 AM   #12
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
Should I rest my case? http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3416/career

If I remember correctly, he got hurt last year and had the worst year in his career numbers wise. Then as I look even more closely, I see that since his contract year, he has done poorly compared to the rest of his mediocre career. As I farther look, I see a career 26% 3-point shooter, plus about a 14% 3-point shooter for the last three years. Next, I see a 67% free throw shooter the last two years. Next I see a player that averaged 10 points in 2004-05, 13.6 in 2005-06, which are not pop-up numbers for a guy who averages 31 min in a starting role. Next I see a career average of 1.6 assists, with the last two years with an average of about 1 assist a game. Then next, I see a guy who averages about 2.6 turnovers a game this year. I next compare this to Stack who is averaging 2 turnovers a game since coming to the Mavs. If I re-call even that number gives us some fist from the standpoint of fans, so someone averaging 2.6 would cause great concern.

Lastly, lets add the fact that Mason is not a leader on/off the floor. Is not a leader for the Mavs. Is not the spark plug from the bench. The fact that he is not capable of hitting big shots, or playing with emotions on the floor to get the rest of the players fired up. Does not pass the ball well. Lets see, who says they love Mason?

If I missed something please let me know. But, it also seems that since the injury in 2005, he has fallen down even worse by the waistside. I like Mason as well, but I dont see how he fits the Mavs in any way at all. Stack is the perfect fit all the way around.

Lets say that Mason comes here instead of having Stack. What does Mason give us in "Winning Time" of the game?

Lets see. He can't score, he does not hit big shots, he cant pass, he shoots free throws poorly, hit 3-pointers at 16% last two years. Turns the ball over at 2.6 this year, and never fouls much. On top of that is NOT a leader on/off the floor for the Mavs...Are you sure you like Mason as much as you think? I think not, and the fact that if someone wants to pay him, then it makes it even more crazy to get him. I will gladly pay Stack more than Mason on any given day. I know Stack is getting old, but what he brings to the Mavs is inmeasureable. JMVHO
Old 03-29-2007, 12:26 PM   #13
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
I think you may be thinking of his former Sonic teammate, Rashard Lewis.
Yes - ty
And no thanks to a mediocre, potential malcontent coming off the bench.

Last edited by mmmfast; 03-29-2007 at 12:29 PM.
mmmfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:29 PM   #14
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I just really don't care much for Desmond Mason's game and he doesn't seem like an Avery type of guy to me. We need people who specialize in something to contribute and as exciting as it can be to watch Mason jump over someone for a slam-dunk on sports center, I don't necessarily consider jumping a significant specialty.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 03-29-2007 at 12:30 PM.
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:34 PM   #15
fsadallas

fsadallas is on a distinguished road

No thanks

fsadallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:37 AM   #16
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Anyone still interested??? Or are we stacked
AO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:48 AM   #17
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post
Umm I like Mason and it would be nice, but sorry if I have to say that thats just another DUMB comment on JET COMING OFF THE BENCH.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?? wow i just wonder hoe the thought process of some works on here who think that he will be coming off the bench.
Golden.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:11 PM   #18
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

God, reflecting back on it, Silk Smoov really was the worst poster on this board in the past 3 years.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:31 PM   #19
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
God, reflecting back on it, Silk Smoov really was the worst poster on this board in the past 3 years.
How he managed to get so many green boxes is beyond me. I think there may be a flaw in the rep system.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:19 PM   #20
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.basketball-reference.com/blog/?p=3220

there's a strong case to be made that Desmond Mason is the worst player in the NBA (well... not technically in the NBA anymore)

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:01 PM   #21
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

The Kings signed Mason a few months ago, and apparently he's likely to start this season.

I think a big part of the reason his numbers look as bad as they do is because he has limited shooting range and has frequently been the only player on his team playing any defense.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:22 AM   #22
cchriswake
Banned

cchriswake is infamous around these partscchriswake is infamous around these partscchriswake is infamous around these partscchriswake is infamous around these partscchriswake is infamous around these partscchriswake is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post

lol 2 years later do u still think Jet won't come off the bench?
cchriswake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:29 AM   #23
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchriswake View Post
lol 2 years later do u still think Jet won't come off the bench?
Worse bump ever? I already covered the irony of that post... three months ago.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 11-30-2009 at 04:31 AM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote