Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Dallas-Mavs.com Stuff

Old 10-22-2008, 10:27 AM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default Are the rules for everyone or selective enforcement

Full disclosure time:

I have posted what amounts to some offensive material to some on this board. Namely recently elluding to the use of a controversial term.

For that I apologize.

Now that we have that settled, I noticed that we have a sleu of posts that are offensive on this board and I was curious, is the enforcement of the board rules applied to everyone or is only selective enforcement.

For a refresher, here are the rules for this board that I copied from the opening thread in this section:

The following will not be tolerated(resulting in your post being deleted):
1. Cursing at a poster.
2. Name calling. (this includes calling someone an idiot/libidiot/moron/etc...)
3. Posting a reply after you were called a name in which you call the offending poster a name as well.
4. Quoting a post in which any of the above rules were broken (If you want to respond to a valid point of a post that contains an offense, just edit out the offense from the quote before you post your reply.)

Now personally I don't care about personal post attacks, heck I don't care about name calling. But when I see some posts removed and others not, I see rules that are selectively enforced and thus the perception that this board or those who govern/moderate this board have an agenda that is tainted to their own personal views.

I'm calling this board out for it's obvious hate filled dialect...Yes, I am calling myself out as I have participated in this way on some of the various threads.

I would urge the moderators to view these threads from the view of those being victimized.

Beit Liberal, Conservative, Faith Based, Non-Faith Based, Cultural Background, or any other "Label" that we put on someone or something that becomes the Butt of the joke or reference within a post.

There must be -0- tolerance for violations, but currently there appears to be selective tolerance which only serves to fuel the emotions behind the negative spin that various posters, including myself have taken.

At the end of the day, for the most part we are all honorable people with good intensions, but I do see that we are all frustrated with what we see taking place. Regardless of which side of a debate that we are on, we see the other side as evil and a destructive force to our way of life. Thus we are very sensitive and defensive to our values.

I believe someone has stated that what we joke about with our buddies at the water cooler is not what should be posted on this board. I actually agree with this statement and I wonder if the moderators will do a better job of screening each and every thread...or if it is time to take a drastic stand and shut down the Political Board in order to turn posters attention to Mav related topics and leave this type of discussion to another board?

By the way, I am not calling any specific individual out, we all know who your are...I have on this post called myself out for participating.

I'm curious to see if anyone else is willing to humble themselves and admit that they too are a part of the problem, then perhaps we can do something with our own respective characters and posting abilities in order to enrich this section and make it a productive part of this board.

Now that would be Change that I could support.

Go ahead blast away...who's human enough to admit their part in this fiasco?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2008, 10:38 AM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm only trying to help...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:16 AM   #3
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default What happened to the thread?

Here is a thread I posted, which contained NOTHING offensive or against any rules what soever?

Why has this been deleted or removed? Are the rules for everyone or selective enforcement

Quite frankly this reflects poorly on the moderator who removed it.

Too bad to see such a cool board going to hell and hand basket. This reminds me of the old days at the Dallas Morning News, where the moderators took over and essentially wound up closing the board down.

I'm amazed that I post an apology for my actions on that thread, then shine a light on the discrepencies within the board...only to find it deleted.

Funny how some want an open discussion and tolerance to a different view, but when a different view is promoted it is removed.

I'll be more than happy to remove my little mini-rant here, when I see the other thread back up and going...hey for all I know this could simply be a technical glitche on my PC, if so then I apologize...

I am interested in seeing how honest other posters are about their own fault in the negative spin of this board, I hope and trust that the moderators are not the ones filtering and dictating what can and can't be posted/discussed in a friendly non-threatening, non-offensive way.

This is turning out to be a fun day on the boards...too bad I've got some work to focus on in between posts.

Have a great day my fellow Americans.

Last edited by 92bDad; 10-22-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:20 AM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

It's right here man.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:47 AM   #5
92bDad
Platinum Member

Honestly this if very irritating.

This thread was specific to the Political forum, I have no issues with the other threads so why did this get moved?

Perhaps I need to reword it and put some political language into the body of the thread...

Let me take another stab at it and see if we can keep it where the main violaters are located.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:58 PM   #6
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

lol

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 10-22-2008 at 01:18 PM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:23 PM   #7
92bDad
Platinum Member

Yet at the end of the day...it's all in good ole fashioned FUN!!!
Old 10-22-2008, 01:47 PM   #8
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
Yet at the end of the day...it's all in good ole fashioned FUN!!!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-22-2008 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Rick James says it's a hell of a drug, but stay away from it or you'll end up like 92bDad...
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluffy banter