Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 12-17-2009, 07:34 PM   #1
jamyoa

jamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these parts
Default Rockets lookin to trade T-Mac!

This is what the Mavs need another superstar to compliment Dirk, Lets face it when Dirk sits there is no other player that can pick up his slack. With T-Mac the Mavs would have a luxury. They would really be a hard team to beat. (A dangerous one at that), I say Mark should trade Jason Terry, and Josh Howard for T-Mac. At least T-Mac shows up in the playoffs, and this guy can score. Mavs only have one true superstar that can score, just look at all the championship teams that have won a title, Spurs-Duncan, Manu,Parker. Lakers -Bryant, Gasol, Odom, Celtics-Garnett, Pierce,Ray Allen It goes on and on. If the Mavs r going for it all I say give it a shot! I know T-Mac is a risk, but so is Howard and he doesn't play alot, and Terry he gives u nothing but missed 3 ptr's, no defense, and turns the ball over alot!
jamyoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2009, 07:34 PM   #2
jamyoa

jamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these parts
Default Rockets lookin to trade T-Mac!

This is what the Mavs need another superstar to compliment Dirk, Lets face it when Dirk sits there is no other player that can pick up his slack. With T-Mac the Mavs would have a luxury. They would really be a hard team to beat. (A dangerous one at that), I say Mark should trade Jason Terry, and Josh Howard for T-Mac. At least T-Mac shows up in the playoffs, and this guy can score. Mavs only have one true superstar that can score, just look at all the championship teams that have won a title, Spurs-Duncan, Manu,Parker. Lakers -Bryant, Gasol, Odom, Celtics-Garnett, Pierce,Ray Allen It goes on and on. If the Mavs r going for it all I say give it a shot! I know T-Mac is a risk, but so is Howard and he doesn't play alot, and Terry he gives u nothing but missed 3 ptr's, no defense, and turns the ball over alot!
jamyoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:42 PM   #3
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:59 PM   #4
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 12-17-2009, 09:55 PM   #5
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

If Houston buys him out for some reason and we can get him at the minimum, I'm all for it.

Otherwise, no thanks.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:14 PM   #6
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

we cant get him becuz of the contract, but like it was said above. IMO it would be stupid not to pick him up if we can get him cheap somehow if hes bought out
Old 12-17-2009, 10:53 PM   #7
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

GTFO. No to T-Whack.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:18 AM   #8
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKggO...layer_embedded

no thanks

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:58 AM   #9
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
Bravo sir! It's been too long since this fantastic gif was used on this board.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:23 AM   #10
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

I don't think there's even enought minutes for him on this team....but like other people said only if T-Mac is bought out should the Mavs look at him.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:32 AM   #11
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

First I'm glad this was actually in the Mavs section...or I would not have seen this thread. Hopefully the thread police don't move it...oh wait they did, hope I can find my way back...never mind, just gripping about some juvenile micromanaging by Thread Police.

Regarding the topic itself...I see no reason why the Mavs wouldn't at least explore the option.

What's the cost of a trade/acquisition and what's the reward (Best and Worst case scenerio)

How would T-Mac react on this squad for this coach and group of personnel?

Is he ready to take a role similar to that of Finley when he left the Mavs for the Spurs?

Collectively, you would have Dirk, Marion, Kidd, T-Mac...plus a healthy group of role players.

Could they gel together into the RC system, or would personalities get in the way and ruin the team chemistry that has been built.

Can they each play a hot game with reduced minutes, all in the name of staying healthy and building the best 8/9 man rotation for the post-season.

The thing with T-Mac is that you get two players...one of which can take over any game against any opponent...similar to Dirk, Kidd, Marion...and other league stars such as LeBron, Kobe, KG, Duncan, etc...but you also get the flip side...

A player who disappears, typically in the highest of crunch times, and one who has struggled to stay healthy.

Obviously a healthy T-Mac would help ANY team in the NBA, however there is a cost. Is he reliable, can the rest of the team count on him...is he willing to be humble and work within the context of a team, or does he believe his teams are better when he takes over?

Personally, if I could bring him in on the cheap, I would give it a shot...but I'ld also be willing to cut my losses after 10 or so days, if he didn't immidiately gel with the core of the team.

Most likely, he will be too expensive in a trade or otherwise and with that in mind, my vote would be no...I like what the Mavs already have and they could be strong enough to win a title without him.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:57 AM   #12
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

My question is?

Would you rather have TMac, Terry, or JHo trying to take over the offense when Dirk is on the bench?

TMac wouldn't need to be Batman here -- Dallas has Dirk for that. Marion is an excellent player, but I don't think you can count on him to take over the offense for you. Terry is a jump shooter and if you rely on him, you are going to get the ups and downs of every jump shooter. Kidd is excellent at running the offense and hitting the set shot, but he isn't going to take over offensively when Dirk is out.

Now here is the question -- JHo or TMac? Who would you prefer, and who do you think could/would do the best job. Which one plays the better Defense?

In the end -- the question is who is going to be the go to guy while Dirk is either resting, or having an off night, or being triple teamed.

IMO -- if TMac were healthy -- he would be the answer. If TMac were truly healthy though, he wouldn't be available.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:53 AM   #13
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

I'd take him in a a trade if it didn't involve moving Damp, Dirk, JHo, Marion, JET or Kidd. And with those standards, a trade probably isn't even mathematically possible, maybe unless there's a third team.

The thing is, if and when T-Mac is on the FA market, I don't think we'd be able to get him faster than another top team. I'd hope we could, but I doubt it.

I'd love to have him on the team though. Start him at the 2 rather than JJB. Then you've still got a solid starting line up, still with JET and JHo ready to come in at any time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:57 PM   #14
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'd take him in a a trade if it didn't involve moving Damp, Dirk, JHo, Marion, JET or Kidd. And with those standards, a trade probably isn't even mathematically possible, maybe unless there's a third team.

The thing is, if and when T-Mac is on the FA market, I don't think we'd be able to get him faster than another top team. I'd hope we could, but I doubt it.

I'd love to have him on the team though. Start him at the 2 rather than JJB. Then you've still got a solid starting line up, still with JET and JHo ready to come in at any time.
How do you have enough minutes to play JHO, TMac, and Jet -- and Ross, and sometimes JJB/Kidd at the 2?

Doesn't one of them have to go in a trade?

TMac, Kidd, Marion would all need 30 a night. Jet would want close to that. I just don't see the minutes available for JHo to get 30 as well, and still play Ross and JJB/Roddy at all. No SF min available for TT then, etc.

Hate to say it comes down to a TMac, JHo issue, but IMO it really does because you cannot keep both of them happy with minutes, if you still have to play both JET and Marion big minutes.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:26 PM   #15
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
How do you have enough minutes to play JHO, TMac, and Jet -- and Ross, and sometimes JJB/Kidd at the 2?

Doesn't one of them have to go in a trade?

TMac, Kidd, Marion would all need 30 a night. Jet would want close to that. I just don't see the minutes available for JHo to get 30 as well, and still play Ross and JJB/Roddy at all. No SF min available for TT then, etc.

Hate to say it comes down to a TMac, JHo issue, but IMO it really does because you cannot keep both of them happy with minutes, if you still have to play both JET and Marion big minutes.
That's what I'm saying. One of them have to get traded. Not only from a minutes perspective, but a contract size one too.

But I think it would still work. Ross doesn't usually play the 2, but the 3, as does Marion. JHo could play both. T-Mac, as far as I've seen, can play 2-4, similar to Marion. The guy is about 6-8 6-9, after all.

Of course minutes will be a problem. We already have that issue, have you noticed all the DNP's the last couple games. Hump, Roddy, TT are barely getting any minutes lately, and Ross has been injured. Of all the problems that go on around that league, having too much talent for too little minutes is a pretty nice problem to have.

I'd personally like to try a S&T or a MLE type contract for T-Mac after this season.

Quote:
Old 12-18-2009, 05:27 PM   #16
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

i would certainly trade jet+ fillers for him, jet and josh is too much, maybe Josh, singleton, caroll, and future first round pick lottery protected
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:31 PM   #17
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

also don't trade for him now, got to make sure he is ready to play 25+ minutes before you trade for him and that he can still play
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:52 PM   #18
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Deals that work mathematically:

Terry/Humphreys/Williams/Carroll for TMac
Howard/Carroll/Williams/Singleton (if he agrees) for TMac

I might do the first trade, but I don't know why Houston does. (even if they don't want TMac, I'm not sure Terry's value is high enough to outweigh Carroll's contract.) The second is more dubious, but both do help clear Carroll off the cap. Mavs would have to sign two more players either way.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:00 PM   #19
Nowitzki4President

If T-Mac proves prior to the deadline that he can play 25+ minutes and is pretty close to what he used to be. Would you move Jho+Stuff or use the DUST Chip+Stuff to get him?

This isn't directed at anyone specifically, just anyone.

And how do we know Houston wants cap relief for T-Mac and not young talent?

Quote:

Last edited by Nowitzki4President; 12-18-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:33 PM   #20
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by MavsX; 12-18-2009 at 07:38 PM.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 01:39 AM   #21
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all

Trading for T-Mac would be a BAD idea...He is just not as good as he used to be - as a Rockets fan I would know...
Mavericks Rockets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 06:43 PM   #22
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

they are certainly not trying to showcase him........
he only played 7 min total against us..... IN a game that went overtime??
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:36 AM   #23
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

this guy? hah!
Old 12-20-2009, 01:11 AM   #24
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

t-mac looked like a guy who didn't like his job last night. He looked completely disinterested. He's got to show a lot more to invest much in him.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:41 AM   #25
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all

If there is anyone the Mavericks should be going after on the Rockets roster, it should be Kyle Lowry and Carl Landry....
Mavericks Rockets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:30 PM   #26
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Landry's game lacks teeth.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:21 AM   #27
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Landry's game lacks teeth.
lol...

btw, dirk called landry later on and apologized for the below. dirk is one classy dude...
Old 12-25-2009, 08:58 PM   #28
Nowitzki4President

I say we just wait until this upcoming offseason and try and snag him for the MLE. I mean, we were able to get Marion for MLE money if I recall correctly (and chances are, I'm not). I think a ring (or atleast progress in the playoffs), is what TMac wants rather than just money, I think he has enough. So just wait and see how things turn out with him as a FA.

Quote:

Tags
shut the fluff up!, trade diarrhea