Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 12-17-2009, 10:40 PM   #1
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of
Default GS....Randolph

So GS is in the rumors again and this time its about moving Randolph. Hes a good young player and I know the Mavs are playing great ball now, but I wonder if this is a situation where you offer them some expirings and maybe a good player. Take back one bad contract along with Randolph and get a good deal for your self. Ok so this is what I am tlaking about and I thik I would do it.

Gooden
TT or JJ
Howard
**Maybe even a pick to make them bite

for

Randolph
Maggette ( the bad contract, but productive)
Turiaf ( good bck up C)

Gs gets rid of Maggete and gets back basically all expiring contracts. So they save plenty of money now and in the future and can resign Josh if they wish and have a good player. I FEEL LIKE THIS ADDRESSES AL OF THIS TEAMS NEEDS AT ONCE.

THOUGHTS??????
Old 12-18-2009, 07:56 AM   #2
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

GS is probably giving up too much in that trade. My guess is they'd prefer talent over cap space.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:50 AM   #3
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
GS is probably giving up too much in that trade. My guess is they'd prefer talent over cap space.

Idk maybe you are right. But they already have talent without these guys in every position and young talent at that. Josh would be talent that they could keep.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:43 PM   #4
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

If GS is desperate to dump Maggette's salary, Maggette + Randolph for Williams + Carroll + Humphries works on paper.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:05 PM   #5
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

I don't know what's the problem. Randolph was going to come and be the man after his summer with the national team. Could be attitude, he had work ethic issues early in his rookie year. No way we can pry him away, Dirk....that's about it. They aren't desperate to move him. They actually have quite a few injuries. I think they might have gotten the go to pick up a 16th man. They're looking for bigs.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:24 PM   #6
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
I don't know what's the problem. Randolph was going to come and be the man after his summer with the national team. Could be attitude, he had work ethic issues early in his rookie year. No way we can pry him away, Dirk....that's about it. They aren't desperate to move him. They actually have quite a few injuries. I think they might have gotten the go to pick up a 16th man. They're looking for bigs.
Agree, Anthony Randolph is a player with unique set of skills and he is only 20 years old, the only way I can see the Warriors moving him is as part of a package to adquire a big like Amare or Bosh.

If Nelson move this kid to get rid of Maggete contract, he needs a straight jacket.

Last edited by pepe; 12-18-2009 at 05:24 PM.
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:01 AM   #7
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Is it just me, or does Brandan Wright seem to be an odd-man-out in Golden State these days? Now there's a player on that roster I'd love to take off their hands, especially considering that he would come pretty cheap I think.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 12-19-2009 at 12:01 AM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:11 PM   #8
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I take Wright any day of the week. But i read he had a great summer, so i dont think he is available.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:40 AM   #9
AO41
Platinum Member

GS has a lot od player that we could use in the present and the future. several good SGs young SF/PFs and maybe even a C. So I wuld look into it and see what we can get...it cant hurt because IMO it wouldnt be a major trade.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:24 AM   #10
Maverick4124

Maverick4124 is on a distinguished road

I really don't know what Randolph has to truly offer. I wouldn't do this because we are looking to contend and win a championship obviously. This would make us take a step back imo. Bring in upgrades. Randolph could turn into something nice, maybe star, who knows. That could take a few seasons. Maybe like you all said he doesn't lack talent, but he lacks other things which are really important when contending, experience. I also don't know where he would fit into the system. I say no to this.
Maverick4124 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
informative thread title