Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

View Poll Results: Who will be the second best player in this upcoming draft?
Andre Drummond 1 10.00%
Harrison Barnes 1 10.00%
Thomas Robinson 1 10.00%
Jared Sullinger 1 10.00%
Michael Kidd Gilchrist 1 10.00%
Perry Jones 3 30.00%
John Henson 0 0%
Bradley Beal 1 10.00%
Terrence Jones 0 0%
Jeremy Lamb 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #1
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future
Default A poll on who you think will be second best player in this draft

Assuming everyone comes out, Davis should definitely be the best player, but with drummond's inconsistencies this is a legit question imo.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #2
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

I'll go ahead and say who i don't think it will be: Thomas Robinson (he is freaky athletic and gives great effort but without a faceup jumper, or faceup game his upside is a bit limited), Jeremy Lamb (not enough secondary skills to go with his scoring), Jared Sullinger (his athletic ability hurts his upside), Bradley Beal (isn't good enough at creating his own shot), John Henson (not a good enough post player), Terrence Jones (good but not great skills lack of effort as well as ballhandling hurts him), MKG (not a good enough shooter or ballhandler as a wing player)

To me it is down to 3:
Andre Drummond
Harrison Barnes
Perry Jones (is the riskiest of anyone in this draft, could turn out to be another anthony randolph or be a star)
Old 02-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #3
OSUmavsfan

OSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
I'll go ahead and say who i don't think it will be: Thomas Robinson (he is freaky athletic and gives great effort but without a faceup jumper, or faceup game his upside is a bit limited), Jeremy Lamb (not enough secondary skills to go with his scoring), Jared Sullinger (his athletic ability hurts his upside), Bradley Beal (isn't good enough at creating his own shot), John Henson (not a good enough post player), Terrence Jones (good but not great skills lack of effort as well as ballhandling hurts him), MKG (not a good enough shooter or ballhandler as a wing player)

To me it is down to 3:
Andre Drummond
Harrison Barnes
Perry Jones (is the riskiest of anyone in this draft, could turn out to be another anthony randolph or be a star)
I haven't been able to watch as much college basketball this year as I usually do, outside of Ohio State games, so I don't know enough to decide definitively who will be 2nd best. I think Thomas Robinson has a chance to be really good because he works really hard, so I don't see why he wouldn't be able to develop a better jumper. I'd be worried about drafting Drummond or Lamb just because of the attitude they have. They just seem indifferent to all the losing they've been doing this year, and I'd rather have someone that really wants to win. Jared Sullinger is someone that cares about winning more than anything. He lost a lot of weight, really improved his free throw shooting, and added a three-point shot over the off-season. He's definitely the guy I think is most likely to be successful in the NBA, even if his ceiling is a little lower than some of these other guys.

I haven't watched much of Bradley Beal, but he seemed to have a sweet shot, and good size and athleticism, so I think he has a really good chance to be a good player. I agree on Henson, I think he will almost definitely be a great defender in the NBA, but at this point i don't think he'll ever amount to much of an offensive option. Terrence Jones is another guy I'd be worried about drafting because of his effort and attitude. I think he has the most to gain if he plays well and hard in the tournament. I like MKG a lot because he seems to really want to win and he tries very hard. I'm very confident he'll be a defensive stopper, and I also think he'll work hard to develop at least a pretty good offensive game.

I think Harrison Barnes will be pretty good in the NBA, but probably not the 2nd best out of this class. I would have liked to see Perry Jones improve more this year and actually show up for Baylor's big games. I agree he has the potential to be great, but right now I don't think it's that likely.
OSUmavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:45 AM   #4
He15man

He15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to all

Bradley Beal
He15man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:56 AM   #5
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Just making a guess, because I think after #1 this draft is a crapshoot, that it'll be Perry Jones. I can't really qualify it at all except that I've heard the most about him over the past 2-3 years as opposed to a lot of the other guys, who I didn't hear about until earlier this year. I watch little to no college basketball because I think the quality stinks, and I hate the one-and-done rule, so I don't have a ton of knowledge of most of these guys.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote