Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 04-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #1
sbibi

sbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the rough
Default Warriors Have Lamar Odom On Radar

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap..._Odom_On_Radar

How about we try trading this bum for Beidrins on draft day although he's injury prone? His contract runs out in 2 years, so we can still try to go after Dwight the following year, assuming Dwill comes home ofcourse. What do you guys think?
sbibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

We can't take on that much salary in order to get D-Will unless we lose Haywood/Marion. Also not a big fan of Biedrins, he's not good by any means and well overpaid.

Warriors have some intriguing players though. The mentioned Dorell Wright, Brandon Rush and Dominic McGuire play a good season, might be able to get one of them rather cheap.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #3
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I dunno about Biedrins, but I'm 100% for any deal that gets Odom the hell out of here while maintaining our cap flexibility - if Golden State wants him, then they can have him... At least it looks like unloading that lazy POS won't be too difficult.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-11-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #4
sbibi

sbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
We can't take on that much salary in order to get D-Will unless we lose Haywood/Marion. Also not a big fan of Biedrins, he's not good by any means and well overpaid.

Warriors have some intriguing players though. The mentioned Dorell Wright, Brandon Rush and Dominic McGuire play a good season, might be able to get one of them rather cheap.
Agreed. However, I would highly doubt they'd give up wright or rush. I'd love to have either of them. I've heard McGuire's name, but that's about it.

Beidrins isn't as bad as he's been for the passed two years. He can flourish in the right system if he stays healthy. Either way as far as I remember, his contract is enormous. So I guess we shouldn't take on that much salary.

Last edited by sbibi; 04-11-2012 at 12:51 PM.
sbibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbibi View Post
Beidrins isn't as bad as he's been for the passed two years. He can flourish in the right system if he stays healthy. Either way as far as I remember, his contract is enormous. So I guess we shouldn't take on that much salary.
He's $9mil/year through 13-14 (player option), so we'd miss out on a chance to get Dwight Howard... Also, that's in the ballpark of what Haywood is making, and Big Wood is a couple tiers better than Biedrins these days.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-11-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #6
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Biedrins is terrible and 9 mill a year I would rather buy out Odom than do that deal, I doubt Rush or Wright are available, I'm not against Mcguire he is a useless offensive player but a terrific defender.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #7
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

id trade odom for a 1st rounder. that would be a steal
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:47 AM   #8
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Rush would be an awesome fit here, I love what he brings to the table. Good shooting and great defense, he would really excel playing with Dirk. Trading Odom for him or Wright would be a steal at this point.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #9
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbibi View Post
Warriors Have Even More Mediocrity On Radar
fixed
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:22 AM   #10
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

According to Shamsports, Rush has a team option worth $4,089,058, Wright is an expiring at $4,106,000 and McGuire will be FA.

Heard McGuire, although not playing that much, has raised some eyebrows, because he's a big that can basically play everything from 1-4.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #11
4DN1
Banned

4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts

Stupid thread, who cares. We got rid of him, why point out who wants him next, no on should care.
4DN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #12
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Rush is an enigma to me. He had a white-hot start two or three years ago and looked like the best player on Indiana, but bottomed out in two weeks and couldn't even get off the bench. I think he has a lot of confidence issues that prevent him from shooting aggressively. I can tell you that Pacers fans absolutely hated him and were ecstatic to get even Lou Amundson for him. I wouldn't be absolutely opposed to the idea of picking him up if it takes only Odom's contract, but he's Antoine Wright 2.0 if you ask me.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #13
4DN1
Banned

4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts

I would hate having Biedrins, we can get a better trade out of Odom than that. I'd like if we trade Odom and maybe another player for Bogut. Most people would hate it but getting rid of Haywood is a must imo.
4DN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #14
He15man

He15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to all

Any chance we can trade Odom for David Lee! I can dream can't I?
Old 04-22-2012, 08:05 AM   #15
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by He15man View Post
I don't think we'd take him and that ridiculous money even if we could. He can't play next to Dirk and is making $57M over the next four years.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:09 PM   #16
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by He15man View Post
no please.i prefer Cardinal over Lee.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:50 AM   #17
Strokepod

Strokepod is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DN1 View Post
Stupid thread, who cares. We got rid of him, why point out who wants him next, no on should care.
Uh, if we can trade him, it makes our team better potentially. Why shouldn't we care?
Strokepod is offline   Reply With Quote