Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #1
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm down for Lin, always have been!

Poor Dirk, let him remain in Germany and take the year off while we save money and tank the season for a lotto pick next year, with a side of Dwight (ugh).

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I'm down for Lin, always have been!

Poor Dirk, let him remain in Germany and take the year off while we save money and tank the season for a lotto pick next year, with a side of Dwight (ugh).
The Knicks won't let him go. I would be absolutely stunned if they did.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #3
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Well they shouldn't, it would be stupid to let a guy like that go. :/

Imo, Serious misjudgment in this guys talent and ability going forward around here...still.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:48 PM   #4
The Ghost of Championship
Banned

The Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Are you stunned or was this some board joke I don't get?
The Ghost of Championship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #5
Wang Zhi Zhi

Wang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to all

Love Simmons:

--One of the show's [Game of Thrones] funniest moments goes to one of the month's funniest moments — Mark Cuban missing Deron Williams's visit to Dallas for the Mavericks' big "Here's why you should play for us, Deron" pitch. Why? Because Cuban was in Los Angeles taping that week's episode of Shark Tank. Does anyone else keep picturing this exchange?

Williams: "So why isn't Mark here? Is he running late?"

(Donnie Nelson and Rick Carlisle glance at each other nervously.)

Jeff Schwartz (Williams's agent): "Shouldn't we wait for him?"

Nelson (finally): "Mark can't make it today."

Schwartz: "What happened? Family emergency or something?"

(Nelson and Carlisle glance at each other nervously again.)

Williams: "Is everything all right?"

Carlisle (finally): "Have you ever seen the show he's on, Shark Tank?
(Williams and Schwartz look at him blankly.)

Carlisle: "Well … "

Anyway, you're not gonna believe this, but Williams ended up re-signing with Brooklyn. Normally I'd have more barbs here … but I actually enjoy Shark Tank. I fully support Cuban's decision to throw away Dallas's 2012 title defense to create enough cap space to potentially sign a marquee free agent like Williams, then to miss THE crucial pitch meeting with Williams because he was contractually obligated to tape a reality-TV show. I care more about Shark Tank than the fate of the Mavericks. If I rooted for the Mavericks? I might not be as happy.--

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...thrones-part-1

Last edited by Wang Zhi Zhi; 08-01-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Wang Zhi Zhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #6
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wang Zhi Zhi View Post
Love Simmons:

--One of the show's [Game of Thrones] funniest moments goes to one of the month's funniest moments — Mark Cuban missing Deron Williams's visit to Dallas for the Mavericks' big "Here's why you should play for us, Deron" pitch. Why? Because Cuban was in Los Angeles taping that week's episode of Shark Tank. Does anyone else keep picturing this exchange?

Williams: "So why isn't Mark here? Is he running late?"

(Donnie Nelson and Rick Carlisle glance at each other nervously.)

Jeff Schwartz (Williams's agent): "Shouldn't we wait for him?"

Nelson (finally): "Mark can't make it today."

Schwartz: "What happened? Family emergency or something?"

(Nelson and Carlisle glance at each other nervously again.)

Williams: "Is everything all right?"

Carlisle (finally): "Have you ever seen the show he's on, Shark Tank?
(Williams and Schwartz look at him blankly.)

Carlisle: "Well … "

Anyway, you're not gonna believe this, but Williams ended up re-signing with Brooklyn. Normally I'd have more barbs here … but I actually enjoy Shark Tank. I fully support Cuban's decision to throw away Dallas's 2012 title defense to create enough cap space to potentially sign a marquee free agent like Williams, then to miss THE crucial pitch meeting with Williams because he was contractually obligated to tape a reality-TV show. I care more about Shark Tank than the fate of the Mavericks. If I rooted for the Mavericks? I might not be as happy.--

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...thrones-part-1
I complained about this before anyone....

Old 08-01-2012, 04:03 PM   #7
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was complaining about it as Sefko blogged it initially.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #8
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I was complaining about it as Sefko blogged it initially.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
^I was right there with Longhorn and SMC complaining about it, but I don't believe that Cuban showing up would have changed the decision. *I'm sure Cuban could have had a face-to-face if he really wanted to, but he would have said the same things as Donnie and Rick. *He would have said that Joe Johnson and his horrid cap killing contract shouldn't be enough, but to Deron...it was. *Simple as that. *I still believe that the extra year was the the real reason, but c'est la vie. *It just wasn't mean't to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I agree on essentially all fronts. *I don't like that Cuban wasn't there, but I don't think his being there would have changed the result.

I was complaining about everyone complaining about it before everyone came to the conclusion that it wasn't really worth complaining about in the first place (since it's not like Cuban's presence was going to change any of the reasons that Deron was going to base his decision upon...)

So I win one free internet.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-01-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #9
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

If Jeremy Lin comes to the Mavericks it will make me very sad.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avery wins, dwill loves the pecker, jigga town, return of cadbane?, russian mutant cuban 1, shark tank cuban 0, willy wants a pecker