Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-07-2003, 03:57 PM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default FSSW?

I am desperately working out how I can watch more Mavs games this season and one of my options is to get DirectTV or DishNetwork at my mother's house (which is a half mile from campus), but the representative told me that I can't buy league pass without first having a service, which would add up to 40$ a month on for a year (because you really can't cancel before that time). I know there are some people that are financially successful on here, but Im not one of them! 180 bucks plus 40/mo for a year? Thats rediculous, even though Im still thinking about it if I get the job Im applying for at the hospital which pays more. I looked up one of the nicer satellite packages and there is an option to get all the Fox Sport Nets from all over the US. Then I looked up the Dallas schedule and on top of the 24 nationally televised games this season, there are 35 games on FSSW, which Im assuming is Fox Sports South West, but Im confused because I've never had much experience with Fox Sports- we dont get it on campus cable and at my grandmas retirement home in Arizona the Fox Sports Net only coevers hockey.

My question is- if I got the package that gives me Fox Sports South West would I get all the games listed as FSSW on NBA.com (barring blackouts)? It seems worth a lot more to me to pay 50$ a month for 69 games than it does to pay 40/mo for service and nearly 200 bucks for NBA league pass.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2003, 04:05 PM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: FSSW?

Well... with League Pass you could watch other games besides the Mavs.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Sell the digital camera and use that for part of the League Pass... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

of course, then you couldn't do your creative signature pictures.

What a quandary!
Old 10-07-2003, 04:09 PM   #3
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: FSSW?

Erica, the League pass is 160 if you get it before the season starts. Although it sucks they don't show preseason games.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 04:11 PM   #4
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default FSSW?

I only had enhanced cable last season and I watched every game. They were all on either a national channel, Fox Sports Southwest, or UPN 21. I don't imagine that it is any different this year. The NBA package is if you are a fan of a team in a different area and you don't want to miss any games.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 04:41 PM   #5
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default FSSW?

Yes, FSSW and national cable like ESPN and TNT will give you the bulk of the games. The remaining games are on UPN 21, and you'd need League Pass if you aren't in the Metroplex.

I just got DishNetwork with FSSW, so I'm covered for most of the games. For the rest, I guess I have to crash Doc's house. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-07-2003, 04:45 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default FSSW?

if i'm in colorado for the start of the season, i'll be watching every game at ESPNZone..but, thinking about getting league pass if and when i get back to texas
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 04:49 PM   #7
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about
Default FSSW?

With NBA league pass you could watch basketball games every night. NOW THERE'S THE LIFE!
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote