Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 12-09-2003, 09:41 AM   #1
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:The Solution: Part Two

Psychedelic Fuzz and Stressboy - You hit on one thing about my trade. It REALLY starts
to pay off in the years to come. I think the team is just as good this year, but
it certainly makes the team better down the road.

thebac - I think you're right when you say any Mavs fan who says they wouldn't do this is a
crazy homer, but apparently we have a couple of crazy homers floating around on the board, because
I haven't seen unanimous support for my trade proposal. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-09-2003, 09:42 AM   #2
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Ummm OK, no offense, but that trade proposal is a bit ridiculous. You couldn't get Chandler alone for Jamison. No way the Bulls also give up Pippen and Fizer.
Old 12-09-2003, 10:22 AM   #3
Stressboy

Stressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the rough

No one has really addressed my point that Orlando only does the trade with Fin/Walker/Josh Howard for T-Mac/Hill and they would probably want Najera to boot. I really think Josh Howard has the skills and the freakish build to be the next Pippen, so would you guys trade Finley/Walker/Pippen at age 24 for T-Mac and an awful contract?

I think you give up too much, but the good thing is that you could always trade McGrady away if it did not work. Also, who said that Grant Hills salary will come off soon? He plans on playing this year and I'm pretty sure that to retire, you have to be out for 1 full year and then most of the next year. I would say that Hill's contract is for at least this year and 2 more.

Stressboy
Stressboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 10:54 AM   #4
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Stressboy, I see your point but disagree. I don't think they'd want Howard over Jamison at this point.

The huge salaries coming from Dallas, IMO, are the biggest reason the trade wouldn't happen.

Old 12-09-2003, 11:08 AM   #5
jimmychipwood

jimmychipwood is on a distinguished road

You know, if I was Orlando, I think I would do the trade for Fin/Walker/Howard/Najera/#1 pick next year for T-Mac/Hill.

But even that is not for sure. You have to remember, Fin is a bad contract as well. We take on Hill's, which is worse, but we give them Fin's. Walker's comes off the books soon, but with their point guard situation he would be a good addition to that team. Howard, Najera, and the #1 pick would give the Magic something to start the rebuilding process.

On our side, Hill might come back and give us a few games at the end of the season/playoffs.

Nash - Best - Daniels "Tie" - now "tie"
McGrady - Delk - Daniels "Mavs +1" - now "Lakers +3"
Jamison - McGrady, Steffanson, (Hill) "Mavs +1" - now "Mavs +1"
Nowitzki - Fortson "Mavs +3" - now "Mavs +3"
Bradley - Nowitzki, Fortson "Lakers +5" - now "Lakers +5"

It obviously leaves us with a short bench, but we matchup or are better than the Lakers at every position but one. See +/- to the Lakers in quotations. And when playoff time comes, it is our starters that make the difference. Plus, we put a team on the floor good at their positions.

nbaunplugged.com
jimmychipwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 11:26 AM   #6
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
You know, if I was Orlando, I think I would do the trade for Fin/Walker/Howard/Najera/#1 pick next year for T-Mac/Hill.
No point in considering this. This doesn't work under the CBA.
Old 12-09-2003, 10:35 PM   #7
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road
Default RE: The Solution: Part Two

i dont understand why you guys would do this...Tmac is not worth that. GHills contract is on the book for 4 more years. So we pay a guy the maximum to sit on the freakin bench. And Steven Hunter...who the hell is he. I keep Fin and Walker...No Tmac for me.
Old 12-09-2003, 10:59 PM   #8
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Ok i read a trade rumor on NBAWIRE.com between Clev and Memphis so i threw this together

Cleveland trades: C Zydrunas Illgauskas (16.1 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 1.6 apg in 32.8 minutes)
SF Ricky Davis (16.5 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 4.9 apg in 37.2 minutes)
SF Darius Miles (9.5 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 2.7 apg in 27.6 minutes)
PF Chris Mihm (7.9 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 0.5 apg in 18.2 minutes)
PG Kevin Ollie (4.5 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 3.0 apg in 17.8 minutes)
Cleveland receives: SG Michael Finley (16.0 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 3.0 apg in 38.2 minutes)
PG Tony Delk (8.6 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 0.8 apg in 20.3 minutes)
C Lorenzen Wright (10.9 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 0.9 apg in 25.3 minutes)
SF Shane Battier (10.6 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.3 apg in 25.6 minutes)
PF Stromile Swift (8.9 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 0.6 apg in 19.9 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +0.5 ppg, -2.4 rpg, and -6.1 apg.

Dallas trades: SG Marquis Daniels (3.8 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 0.8 apg in 6.3 minutes)
SG Michael Finley (16.0 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 3.0 apg in 38.2 minutes)
Dallas receives: PF Chris Mihm (7.9 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 0.5 apg in 18 games)
PG Kevin Ollie (4.5 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 3.0 apg in 19 games)
SF Mike Miller (12.3 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 4.1 apg in 17 games)
SF Bo Outlaw (4.2 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 0.9 apg in 17 games)
Change in team outlook: +0.5 ppg, +8.1 rpg, and +3.9 apg.

Memphis trades: C Lorenzen Wright (10.9 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 0.9 apg in 25.3 minutes)
SF Mike Miller (12.3 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 4.1 apg in 31.5 minutes)
SF Bo Outlaw (4.2 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 0.9 apg in 18.1 minutes)
Memphis receives: C Zydrunas Illgauskas (16.1 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 1.6 apg in 19 games)
SF Ricky Davis (16.5 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 4.9 apg in 18 games)
SF Darius Miles (9.5 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 2.7 apg in 19 games)
SG Marquis Daniels (3.8 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 0.8 apg in 12 games)
Change in team outlook: -1.0 ppg, -5.7 rpg, and +2.2 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED
Old 12-10-2003, 04:41 PM   #9
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Jamisonite
Ok i read a trade rumor on NBAWIRE.com between Clev and Memphis so i threw this together

Cleveland trades: C Zydrunas Illgauskas (16.1 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 1.6 apg in 32.8 minutes)
SF Ricky Davis (16.5 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 4.9 apg in 37.2 minutes)
SF Darius Miles (9.5 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 2.7 apg in 27.6 minutes)
PF Chris Mihm (7.9 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 0.5 apg in 18.2 minutes)
PG Kevin Ollie (4.5 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 3.0 apg in 17.8 minutes)
Cleveland receives: SG Michael Finley (16.0 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 3.0 apg in 38.2 minutes)
C Lorenzen Wright (10.9 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 0.9 apg in 25.3 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +0.5 ppg, -2.4 rpg, and -6.1 apg.

Dallas trades: SG Marquis Daniels (3.8 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 0.8 apg in 6.3 minutes)
SG Michael Finley (16.0 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 3.0 apg in 38.2 minutes)
Dallas receives: PF Chris Mihm (7.9 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 0.5 apg in 18 games)
PG Kevin Ollie (4.5 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 3.0 apg in 19 games)
SF Mike Miller (12.3 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 4.1 apg in 17 games)
SF Bo Outlaw (4.2 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 0.9 apg in 17 games)
Change in team outlook: +0.5 ppg, +8.1 rpg, and +3.9 apg.

Memphis trades: C Lorenzen Wright (10.9 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 0.9 apg in 25.3 minutes)
SF Mike Miller (12.3 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 4.1 apg in 31.5 minutes)
SF Bo Outlaw (4.2 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 0.9 apg in 18.1 minutes)
Memphis receives: C Zydrunas Illgauskas (16.1 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 1.6 apg in 19 games)
SF Ricky Davis (16.5 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 4.9 apg in 18 games)
SF Darius Miles (9.5 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 2.7 apg in 19 games)
SG Marquis Daniels (3.8 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 0.8 apg in 12 games)
Change in team outlook: -1.0 ppg, -5.7 rpg, and +2.2 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

I'd definitely pass on this trade. We pay too much for too little. Ollie and Outlaw are almost worthless. You can find better players in the CBA, so why not go there and get them instead of trading for them. Miller is decent, but he's nowhere near Fin's class. Mihm is a decent big man, but we could probably get him in FA next year or one almost as good w/o diluting our talent. Daniles is a steal for what we're paying him. I'll throw him in on a great for us trade, but not one that robs us blind on talent.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:03 PM   #10
Jamisonite
Golden Member

c Dirk,Mihm,Bradley,Najera
pf Walker,Dirk,Jamison,Mihm,Najera,outlaw
Sf Howard,Jamison,Walker,Miller
SG Miller,Howard,ollie
PG Nash,ollie,Best

thats what wed look like
Old 12-10-2003, 02:04 AM   #11
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

memphis is stacked at 2,3,4 with a logjam for minutes..i don't think they're interested in acquiring davis or miles
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 10:37 AM   #12
Jamisonite
Golden Member

this trade rids them of some of that blockage. Getting rid of Miller Battier Wright and Swift
Old 12-10-2003, 10:41 AM   #13
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Jamisonite, I don't see how your proposed trade helps anyone but Memphis.

Old 12-10-2003, 11:52 AM   #14
Jamisonite
Golden Member

it helps us alot. Especially for this season. We loose Delk and Finley (Daniels doesnt play) and we get a good big body with potential in Mihm a true back up point guard in Ollie and a good shooter in Miller. Miller could thrive in our system and hes used to being on the bottom of the totem poll
Old 12-10-2003, 12:05 PM   #15
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, like for Curry... Of course that is another thread!!!

Lets see... Center we have always needed, or big white stiff with slightly above average talent and a shooter???

I will NOT go with the latter in this case!
Old 12-10-2003, 01:19 PM   #16
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Im rather high on Ollie...hes defiently better than Best or Delk
Old 12-10-2003, 01:24 PM   #17
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I cant say that he is better than either... I think Best and Delk are both about as talented as Ollie regarding defense, which is what we need the most... The only way Ollie is better than either is if he will NOT shoot, as both of these two do too much of!!!

Either way, no trade!
Old 12-10-2003, 11:56 PM   #18
Jamisonite
Golden Member

their team has changed in a big way...they lost darrel armstrong