Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-31-2004, 08:51 PM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default What's this...in the bottom of my beer!

So it isnt a big surprise to the community that I recently turned 21, and have been enjoying some good beer and wine since then but I bought a can of Boddingtons Pub Ale at the store and there was a clicky thing in the bottom. When I opened the can, it absolutely exploded. The beer tasted good but I read on the side that there is some new technology in it- some kind of CO2 cartridge or something that only carbonates the beer when its opened. What the heck is that?
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2004, 09:31 PM   #2
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: What's this...in the bottom of my beer!

stay away from exploding beverages

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 09:43 PM   #3
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

sounds like carbon bioxide.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:57 PM   #4
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

It's called a widget in Australia, I know it gives your beer a nice, even head. I think that is its only purpose.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 10:00 PM   #5
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Just wanted to update that I recently found a great Bar in Dallas. Their happy hour starts at 4 and ends at 8. During that period beer is $0.50 and pitcher during that time is $2.00. Also pool tables and dart boards are free. After the happy hour they only charge $7.00 for Dark beer pitcher.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:19 AM   #6
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Its also in Guiness draft bottles. Its purpose is to give your beer a head like a draft beer when you pour it into a mug.

BTW Boddington is the sh*t.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 01:26 AM   #7
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future
Default RE:What's this...in the bottom of my beer!

I'm sure you won't find such, eh... thing, in Germany.

The Germans don't mess with their beer.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 01:43 AM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: FreshJive
Its also in Guiness draft bottles. Its purpose is to give your beer a head like a draft beer when you pour it into a mug.

BTW Boddington is the sh*t.
It's very good, and I don't mind the insert as long as it wasnt a tracking device and I wasnt supposed to swallow it.

The insert thing makes the beer as foamy as a root beer float, though...a little too much foam.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:00 AM   #9
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, its not really designed for drinking out of the can or bottle. That's why Guiness comes with/without the "tracking device".
Old 09-01-2004, 02:24 AM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: FreshJive
Yeah, its not really designed for drinking out of the can or bottle. That's why Guiness comes with/without the "tracking device".
yeah my first one I drank out of the bottle and it was so foamy I would have quit if it hadnt been one of the better beers I've ever had. Poured in a glass it tastes much better.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:54 AM   #11
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
sounds like carbon bioxide.
sounds like awesome!
I love things that explode, and I love beer!
Sounds like the greatest thing ever. I've never heard of the like!

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 11:37 AM   #12
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
Just wanted to update that I recently found a great Bar in Dallas. Their happy hour starts at 4 and ends at 8. During that period beer is $0.50 and pitcher during that time is $2.00. Also pool tables and dart boards are free. After the happy hour they only charge $7.00 for Dark beer pitcher.
What's the name of this place?

chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 02:25 AM   #13
FreshJive
Diamond Member

You learn alot quicker than I do, Erica.
Old 09-02-2004, 02:36 PM   #14
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: twelli
I'm sure you won't find such, eh... thing, in Germany.

The Germans don't mess with their beer.
And we don't drink beer out of cans here, tastes like crap... Real Munich beer out of bottles, that's what we drink over here! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote