Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #401
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Due to being a mod, I don't have anyone on my ignore list. But I'm very close with this one.
It wasn't a shot at you. It was more frustration of our franchise in its current state. Feel free to ignore me though.

No one can deny that our front office gambled and lost. The end result probably means Dirk will never play on a team that was as good as 2011.

Last edited by howdoesmydirktaste; 07-04-2012 at 06:04 PM.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #402
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I agree with this assessment. BUT, do you agree that having Nash+Dirk at least cracks the door for getting Dwight?
stop dreaming.
the big FA won't come to Dallas...that's it.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #403
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdoesmydirktaste View Post
It wasn't a shot at you. It was more frustration of our franchise in its current state. Feel free to ignore me though.

No one can deny that our front office gambled and lost. The end result probably means Dirk will never play on a team that was as good as 2011.
If they re-signed every player from the 2011 team this year, the team wouldn't be as good as 2011.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:19 PM   #404
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
If they re-signed every player from the 2011 team this year, the team wouldn't be as good as 2011.
this.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #405
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
However, I can't help but feel Nash wants to go to NYC. He lives there and the upside is greater frankly. He would be helping move the Knicks out from being a 1st round team, a huge accomplishment for that franchise in modern times, and also keep the Knicks as the Big Brother of NYC. The counter-move to DWill signing. How the Lakers wished they could've added Nash last year when the Clippers added CP3.

Imagine the ticket sales of the Knicks-Nets game if Nash joins up.
This is why I can't afford to see Dirk play here. I thought if the Nets lost Deron their tickets would be cheaper, but that didn't happen. Lin + Melo + Amare last season made the tickets unaffordable. Ticket prices up here are absolutely insane.

Quote:
Cannot believe we're still arguing about re-signing last year's team. By now people should understand the consequences and amount of risk involved in that.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:23 PM   #406
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Quote:
You're probably right, but you'll never be able to prove it. It's never about re-signing the whole team. It's about keeping the core (like San Antonio figured out). He, whose ass everybody bleeds for, was part of that core. I know people are sick of talking about Chandler, but do people really expect it to not come up within 24 hours of Deron saying he's going back to Brookyn?

Last edited by howdoesmydirktaste; 07-04-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #407
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
This is why I can't afford to see Dirk play here. I thought if the Nets lost Deron their tickets would be cheaper, but that didn't happen. Lin + Melo + Amare last season made the tickets unaffordable. Ticket prices up here are absolutely insane.

Cannot believe we're still arguing about re-signing last year's team. By now people should understand the consequences and amount of risk involved in that.
No, this is not a "by now" thing. This is going to be the band-aid being painfully and slowly peeled away over the next few years. Probably until Cuban gets tired of this toy and then sells the team so he can go play with more sharks and internets!!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 07-04-2012 at 06:33 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #408
howdoesmydirktaste

BTW.

Here's my prediction of our PG next season

Kidd/West

Reason: our front office thinks that they have a snowballs chance in hell of landing Chris Paul (which I don't think will happen)

Does that prediction get any of your basketball weenies hard? It's 6 o'clock on my sun dial, but I truly feel that this will be our line up. As a Mavs fan, I hope I'm wrong.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #409
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You're probably right, but you'll never be able to prove it.
Prove we would have won another championship with the 2011 team. The burden of proof is on you, not us.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:35 PM   #410
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Unfortunately, we'll never know. I suppose it's a popular sentiment here, but there's simply know way to know whether or not they could have come together again. I would have liked their chances against the Lakers and OKC. San Antonio scared the heck out of me..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #411
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
Prove we would have won another championship with the 2011 team. The burden of proof is on you, not us.
Prove that they wouldn't have.. Obviously it can't be done one way or the other.

Last edited by Murphy3; 07-04-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #412
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
BTW.

Here's my prediction of our PG next season

Kidd/West

Reason: our front office thinks that they have a snowballs chance in hell of landing Chris Paul (which I don't think will happen)

Does that prediction get any of your basketball weenies hard? It's 6 o'clock on my sun dial, but I truly feel that this will be our line up. As a Mavs fan, I hope I'm wrong.
Well maybe you are doing a headstand?!

Old 07-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #413
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Prove that they wouldn't have.. Obviously it can't be done one way or the other.
Yeah maybe....but even this ^ can't be proven.

Old 07-04-2012, 06:39 PM   #414
howdoesmydirktaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
My first sentence was "you're probably right" as in you're probably right that we wouldn't have won a championship back to back. Please go back and read my quote. It appears that you misread it then responded.

Then I used the San Antonio Spurs as an example of a team that kept their core to win multiple championships. I kind of do consider the Spurs as evidence that maintaining a good core and playing selfless basketball (like the Mavs in 2011) is a good formula for winning championships (plural). I might even go as far as calling it "proof"

Last edited by howdoesmydirktaste; 07-04-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #415
howdoesmydirktaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Well maybe you are doing a headstand?!
Nice.

I just don't see us landing a big one any time soon. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #416
howdoesmydirktaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Yeah maybe....but even this ^ can't be proven.
Beat me to it. Thanks for having logic.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #417
Murphy3
Guru

It's widely believed by many in the DFW area that the Mavs didn't have much of a chance to begin with. Many said that long before the past week or so.. many thought that blowing up the team wasn't worth the slight chance of getting Deron. With the outcome, defending their opinion suddenly became quite a bit easier. As someone that didn't know what the right answer was, I cannot find much of a reason to argue with them.

Some may say "well, the 2010-2011 team wouldn't have won a title this year anyway. Obviously, there's no way to know whether or not that was true. The OKC games came down to the wire even with a shorthanded Mavs roster. I would have liked the team's chances against them.

There's absolutely a tremendous chance that the Mavs braintrust just flushed any chances of even competing for a title during Dirk's prime right down the drain. I think now they have to hope that Dirk can have a graceful decline AND will continue to play a few more years allowing the Mavs to re-tool with him as a #2 or #3 option.

Last edited by Murphy3; 07-04-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:02 PM   #418
howdoesmydirktaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
It's widely believed by many in the DFW area that the Mavs didn't have much of a chance to begin with. Many said that long before the past week or so.. many thought that blowing up the team wasn't worth the slight chance of getting Deron. With the outcome, defending their opinion suddenly became quite a bit easier. As someone that didn't know what the right answer was, I cannot find much of a reason to argue with them.

Some may say "well, the 2010-2011 team wouldn't have won a title this year anyway. Obviously, there's no way to know whether or not that was true. The OKC games came down to the wire even with a shorthanded Mavs roster. I would have liked the team's chances against them.

There's absolutely a tremendous chance that the Mavs braintrust just flushed any chances of even competing for a title during Dirk's prime right down the drain. I think now they have to hope that Dirk can have a graceful decline AND will continue to play a few more years allowing the Mavs to re-tool with him as a #2 or #3 option.

I agree.

In that series, we were missing someone that could plug up the lane and turn Westbrook and Harden into jump shooters. Instead we let that guy walk because we hoped we would get a shinning star that could take the torch from Dirk. It didn't happen. It sucks balls.

I remember watching the Spurs kick the shit out of the Mavs year after year. I never thought we would make it to the Finals. Then we did and lost (with the help of the refs). I saw LA and Boston getting stronger after that and I thought our window closed. Then 2011 happened. Then, before I could appreciate it, it was broken up.

Because we were champions I extended a leash to the front office that they knew what they were doing. Unless some crazy shit happens this offseason, I'm not sure I can do that anymore. I think they actually kind of screwed up. We had to get this far down the road to find that out. But I'm convinced we didn't have to let all of them go. Caron, JJ? Let them go. They can be replaced. Tyson? Dirk has only had one season with a guy like that. It resulted in a championship.

I'm sorry so many of you "don't want to hear about it", but we're being laughed at right now.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #419
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
I agree.

In that series, we were missing someone that could plug up the lane and turn Westbrook and Harden into jump shooters. Instead we let that guy walk because we hoped we would get a shinning star that could take the torch from Dirk. It didn't happen. It sucks balls.

I remember watching the Spurs kick the shit out of the Mavs year after year. I never thought we would make it to the Finals. Then we did and lost (with the help of the refs). I saw LA and Boston getting stronger after that and I thought our window closed. Then 2011 happened. Then, before I could appreciate it, it was broken up.

Because we were champions I extended a leash to the front office that they knew what they were doing. Unless some crazy shit happens this offseason, I'm not sure I can do that anymore. I think they actually kind of screwed up. We had to get this far down the road to find that out. But I'm convinced we didn't have to let all of them go. Caron, JJ? Let them go. They can be replaced. Tyson? Dirk has only had one season with a guy like that. It resulted in a championship.

I'm sorry so many of you "don't want to hear about it", but we're being laughed at right now.
Westbrook killed the team from midrange this postseason. He hit over 50% from that area. He was so successful from that area that he barely ventured into the paint which was the complete opposite from 2011. Harden killed the team from all over the court.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #420
howdoesmydirktaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
Westbrook killed the team from midrange this postseason. He hit over 50% from that area. He was so successful from that area that he barely ventured into the paint which was the complete opposite from 2011. Harden killed the team from all over the court.
Having a good center that can plug up the lane changes the way the rest of your team plays defense. If you want proof of this I would simply ask you to watch the Mavs play the Thunder the year before. West plays as good of defense as Deshawn. So what was the difference? Haywood nursed an injury last year in the playoffs and missed a lot of time. Who filled in most of those minutes? If your guards are tired because they are chasing penetrating guards because the center sucks, it's hard for them to close space on jump shooters. I noticed that difference this year.

Last edited by howdoesmydirktaste; 07-04-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #421
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Having a good center that can plug up the lane changes the way the rest of your team plays defense. If you want proof of this I would simply ask you to watch the Mavs play the Thunder the year before. West plays as good of defense as Deshawn. So what was the difference? Haywood nursed an injury last year in the playoffs and missed a lot of time. Who filled in most of those minutes?
No...We played him the same exact way we did last year. Go under the screen and force him to shoot jumpers. Westbrook this year was a much better jump shooter than he was last year...almost 8% better.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #422
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Bruce Arthur: A Phoenix radio host, @Gambo620, is reporting Steve Nash is going to the Lakers in a sign and trade.
So, Goran Dragic?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #423
CaseyJones

CaseyJones will become famous soon enough

it seems that life after deron is just to prepare for death. every option the Mavs have to go to is falling apart which means we're more or less going to be stuck with last years team minus Jet and maybe even Kidd. Spencer Hawes is signing back with Philly, Deron is gone, Dwight was never going to work out, Nash doesn't seem to be something thats going to work now considering there are so many teams looking at him. All i see us getting is maybe Jeremy Lin. I really wish we could get Anthony Randolph but i've only seen one thing about it. If they don't do free agent work then I hope they make some trades to get rid of Carter, Haywood, Roddy, and maybe even Marion or Kidd.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #424
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

face.
in.
hands.

Score another win for the NYC/LA/Miami gang.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #425
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I take back what I said about it being cool for Nash to win a ring if he goes to LA.

Back to 2004 mode.... traitorous scum!!

Old 07-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #426
howdoesmydirktaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
No...We played him the same exact way we did last year. Go under the screen and force him to shoot jumpers. Westbrook this year was a much better jump shooter than he was last year...almost 8% better.
Well, no we didn't play him the same way as last year. We tried to. Different personnel with a different result.

You can try to counter that Westbrook was just better this year. I will counter that our different personnel last year was just better equipped to shut down OKC, LA and Miami. This year our personnel and result were much different. It's just two opinions. I guess we just see it differently.

Last edited by howdoesmydirktaste; 07-04-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #427
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
face.
in.
hands.

Score another win for the NYC/LA/Miami gang.
Are there any free agents who aren't going to NY or LA?

Old 07-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #428
Underdog

Well, at least there's an upside to Nash going to the Lakers... Ramon Sessions is available!

Last edited by Underdog; 07-04-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #429
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

“The truth is I am bit old school,” Nash said during an interview with 98.7 ESPN in New York (around June 26th). “I think for me it would be hard to put on a Lakers jersey. That’s just what it is. You play against them so many times in the playoffs and I just use them as an example with the utmost respect for them and their organization. I think it was Larry Bird that was like he wouldn’t play for them type thing. I kind of have that tendency.

“It is strange, but as a free agent you are free to go wherever you want and I’d have to consider everything regardless of the past or future. You have to evaluate that moment. Do you go there and everyone is like you went there and won a championship — Who cares? They won it the year before without you. Or is it better to go somewhere else and knock them off?”
Old 07-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #430
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

AHAHAHAHHAHA THEY ARE USING THE ODOM EXCEPTION!!!

I HATE THIS.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:29 PM   #431
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
“The truth is I am bit old school,” Nash said during an interview with 98.7 ESPN in New York (around June 26th). “I think for me it would be hard to put on a Lakers jersey. That’s just what it is. You play against them so many times in the playoffs and I just use them as an example with the utmost respect for them and their organization. I think it was Larry Bird that was like he wouldn’t play for them type thing. I kind of have that tendency.

“It is strange, but as a free agent you are free to go wherever you want and I’d have to consider everything regardless of the past or future. You have to evaluate that moment. Do you go there and everyone is like you went there and won a championship — Who cares? They won it the year before without you. Or is it better to go somewhere else and knock them off?”
And Deron said he wanted to win, but re-signed with the Nets after they added Joe Johnson to last year's roster... My love for the NBA has crashed and burned.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-04-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #432
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Some folks have issues with hearing folks repeat that they felt the Mavs were braindead for letting Tyson go, however they don't have a problem repeating ad nauseum how financial flexibility is the greatest thing since sliced bread and everyone will be doing it someday, if they are as smart as the Mavs are. Supporting whatever the Mavs do as greatness.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #433
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

In a sad way, this is hilarious. If this happened to any other team, they would be getting the howls from us. We basically served up our own bending over. Yeah yeah results-based analysis monday morning quarterbacking...

Rabbits, hats, now.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #434
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

I'm not in a good place right now.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #435
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Here is that full interview:
http://sportsradiointerviews.com/201...ks-miami-heat/
Old 07-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #436
conjurer

conjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to all

Time for plan Z!
conjurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #437
howdoesmydirktaste

So what idiot biased Mavs fans on this board think we are getting Paul or Howard next year?

Last edited by howdoesmydirktaste; 07-04-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #438
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Some folks have issues with hearing folks repeat that they felt the Mavs were braindead for letting Tyson go, however they don't have a problem repeating ad nauseum how financial flexibility is the greatest thing since sliced bread and everyone will be doing it someday, if they are as smart as the Mavs are. Supporting whatever the Mavs do as greatness.
Why are you junking up a thread about Life After Deron with a discussion about whether or not blowing up the championship team was a good decision when there's a So blowing up tghe championship team a good decision? thread already in existence?

Is it so difficult for you to stay on topic?

Last edited by Underdog; 07-04-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #439
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Well, guess it's Dragic or Lin. Or neither.

FUN TIMES.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #440
JCmasta

JCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the rough

So we blew our team up to do...absolutely nothing?

I wonder what Cuban is doing/thinking right now. Maybe not giving a shit?
JCmasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avery wins, dwill loves the pecker, jigga town, return of cadbane?, russian mutant cuban 1, shark tank cuban 0, willy wants a pecker